mattmatt22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

shoulder issue, bump on top of shoulder

I have been having a slight pain with my shoulder lately, I have stopped all pressing and overhead movements for around 2 weeks. The pain is most noticable when I point my thumb at my body and raise my arm laterally. I have been icing and taking advill everynight but it just isnt getting any better. I have also noticed that there is a small bump at the edge of my shoulder this is what worries me most. The pain isnt very severe but it is nagging and doesnt go away. I have also been doing rc exercises for around 4 weeks. I just really want to heal this up, only doing legs everyweek is getting old.

thanks
    Bench: 285
    Box squat: 415
    Deadlift: 510
    Clean: 245

Sweat1217 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, I am something like that a little while back. It was a fatty deposit that just got between my skin and everytime I did overhead presses it stuck out more and more and it was getting bigger so I had it cut out. Just a big ass chunk of white fat. Mine only hurt sometimes so I don't know if it is the same thing you have. Go see a doctor and get it checked

mine feels more like the bone is slightly raised there, inflamed maybe?

any idea's, do you think I should even be doing legs (squats, ect....)?

Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mattmatt22 View Post
    That's inflammation my friend. If it's where I think it is on the top of your shoulder...it is your ac joint. Your ac joint better known as your acromioclavicular by doctors, is the point on your shoulder around where your trap comes down and meets your shoulder. I know well about the ac-joint because I severely injured it in April of 2007, and recently had surgery to fix it in March of 2008. Don't be alarmed though, my injury was unique and a sports related injury.

What I recommend you do. ICE, keep up with yous NSAID's (ibuprofen or w/e you use), and rotator cuff work. It might take a little while to heal (anywhere from 2 weeks to maybe 2 months). I know 2 months is not the news you want to hear BUT trust me on this one, 2 months care is definitely better than pushing through this injury with pain. You can easily mess up your shoulder if you push through this injury (see the first link I posted below. The author of the article pushed through his injury). Also, when you FINALLY do get back at the weights, use a joint supplement to help your shoulder .

Here are a couple of articles related to shoulder/ac joint issues that might be useful to you. They were very informative and useful to me, and a little knowledge will help you here;

http://www.rawgrip.com/Shoulder-Pain...tion-Izzo.html

http://health.yahoo.com/musculoskele...e--ue4829.html

http://www.chekinstitute.com/articles.cfm?select=26

GL in the healing process bro. I'm pulling for you to heal. I know the frustration you feel...trust me.

well im going to bite the bullet and see a doc today, I have full range of motion with no real pain, it only hurts if I lift my arm laterally with my thumb facing my body. Its a ac seperation of some sort im sure, hopefully not too bad. I have the usual bump on the top of my shoulder.

stroked421 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well im going to bite the bullet and see a doc today, I have full range of motion with no real pain, it only hurts if I lift my arm laterally with my thumb facing my body. Its a ac seperation of some sort im sure, hopefully not too bad. I have the usual bump on the top of my shoulder.
    Please let me know how that went. I have the same problem.

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Look up AC joint separation. Type 1 & 2 usually have no displacement, 3 and up do.

Rob
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

ERINZEIGLER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Same problem

Originally Posted by stroked421 View Post
    Please let me know how that went. I have the same problem.
    I have the same problem, only mine has been going on for about 6 months or more. I notice this morning my right shoulder also has a knob at the top. I'm very concerned and don't want the bump to get bigger. I've completely changed my diet around to eating 80% more healthy than before. Have taken some medecine that I'm afraid might have caused it, Remicade. It's very painful.

Kenjovius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have this same issue. I do not have pain anymore, but the bump is still there and is seeming to get bigger. What did you end up having to do to resolve this?

Thanks!

Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Kenjovius View Post
    I have this same issue. I do not have pain anymore, but the bump is still there and is seeming to get bigger. What did you end up having to do to resolve this?

Thanks!
    See a doc, bro.

Barilla92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barilla92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barilla92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barilla92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barilla92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barilla92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barilla92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barilla92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barilla92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barilla92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barilla92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Could be weightlifters shoulder which is degeneration of the bone. Or Ac joint arthritis which Is what I had. Luckily, I caught it early enough where a physical therapist saw that I was doing way to much pressing movements and not enough pulling. Pretty much my chest, traps and front delts were over powering everything and causing me to hunch which put pressure on the ac joint and caused the arthritis. The fix was to work the rear delts, lower traps and back more. Strengthening those will keep the tension constant and keep everything correct. After I found the fix, I always destroy my rear delts now. Just because you don't see them doesn't mean you shouldn't work them out!!!