Closed Thread
    jollywood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jollywood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jollywood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jollywood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jollywood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jollywood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jollywood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jollywood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jollywood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Does Creatine Affect Cardio?

I've been using Micronized Creatine for a bout 2 weeks now and I've noticed a HUGE drop in my cardio ability. I usually run 3 miles in 25 minutes and I've noticed I'm a full 2 minutes off of my times prior to taking any supplements. Along with creatine, I'm also taking 100% Whey Protein after every workout (4 times a week). Has anyone else noticed a drop in cardio performance while using any of these supplements?

Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Creatine should not effect your cardio.

It's either placebo, or you need to look at other possible causes.
    self-proclaimed huguenot

live, laugh, send nudes

jollywood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jollywood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jollywood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jollywood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jollywood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jollywood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jollywood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jollywood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jollywood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm aware of what a placebo is but I'm not sure I understand what you mean in this case?

Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jollywood View Post
    I've been using Micronized Creatine for a bout 2 weeks now and I've noticed a HUGE drop in my cardio ability. I usually run 3 miles in 25 minutes and I've noticed I'm a full 2 minutes off of my times prior to taking any supplements. Along with creatine, I'm also taking 100% Whey Protein after every workout (4 times a week). Has anyone else noticed a drop in cardio performance while using any of these supplements?
    Wait so your cardio is worse or better?
    "I've noticed a HUGE drop in my cardio ability"......"I'm a full 2 minutes off of my times"
    My life feels like a never ending journey of fighting morons.. every single day.

~Positive Realist~
    *there is such a thing as a positive realist crew*
    *Nice guy crew*
    *Friendly dude crew*

Originally Posted by Rain50 View Post
    Wait so your cardio is worse or better?
    "I've noticed a HUGE drop in my cardio ability"......"I'm a full 2 minutes off of my times"
    It's worse. So, I guess I ADDED 2 minutes to my times. I meant to say that I'm 2 minutes away from where it was before lol.

Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's worse. So, I guess I ADDED 2 minutes to my times. I meant to say that I'm 2 minutes away from where it was before lol.
    Gotcha.. yea sorry I'm bad at understanding things sometimes

Well creatine does add water weight.. could add on up to a few extra pounds but I don't know if that would be enough to add on 2 minutes to your time?
    My life feels like a never ending journey of fighting morons.. every single day.

~Positive Realist~
    *there is such a thing as a positive realist crew*
    *Nice guy crew*
    *Friendly dude crew*

Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm aware of what a placebo is but I'm not sure I understand what you mean in this case?
    In other words, you are taking a new supplement and your performance decreased, so it must be the supplement that caused it.

That is the kind of placebo I'm referring to.

It is, however, not the fault of the creatine. Perhaps you had an off day, or your carbs/calories were low or a dozen other factors that could influence your time.
    self-proclaimed huguenot

live, laugh, send nudes

icedcoffee1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First time posting on this so we will see how this goes.

Water weight will not affect your times that much. As a rule of thumb, on a 2 mile, each additional pound will add an extra 3 seconds and vice versa.

In regards to creatine being a placebo and it negatively affecting your cardio in that capacity, that is a little far fetched. Creatine draws excess water to the muscle cells and by doing so, dehydrates your body as a whole. When the body is dehydrated as a whole, blood pressure drops and your overall cardiac output is decreased. This results in less fresh oxygenated blood being pumped by the heart into your blood vessels, reaching your muscles so they do not perform at their optimal level.

I do not know if this able to be overcome with extra hydration

Originally Posted by Rain50 View Post
    Gotcha.. yea sorry I'm bad at understanding things sometimes

Well creatine does add water weight.. could add on up to a few extra pounds but I don't know if that would be enough to add on 2 minutes to your time?

WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Did you gain weight from the creatine? The impact on cardio might be due to the weight gain of creatine via intra cellular H20. I have heard from other other runners that they felt the added weight gain from creatine reduced their cardio performance. Studies however found no effects pos or neg of creatine supplements as a rule. If you gained no weight from the creatine, then I don't have an answer as to how/why it would have negatively impacted your cardio performance.
    BrinkZone, Where Bro-Science Got Rabies and Died!

www.BrinkZone.com

Check out my BrinkZone mini site on BB.com at:

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink.htm

=> President and Founder of Shaved head with goatee Crew
    => Science over bro science Crew

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Creatine has never effected my cardio at all. May want to look into anything else you changed
    Sixpack

Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Supplementing creatine helped with my running ime
    You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.
    � Jerry West �
    How to Upgrade Your Life: A Primer On Diet And Fitness
    https://guavarilla.wordpress.com/fitness-guide/

elpasso1900 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Jollywood, reviving this thread. I am facing exactly the same thing right now with creatine. So how did it go for you ? Did you find out the root cause, creatine or else ?

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by elpasso1900 View Post
    Jollywood, reviving this thread. I am facing exactly the same thing right now with creatine. So how did it go for you ? Did you find out the root cause, creatine or else ?
    It more than likely was something else. If you are drinking a lot more water than normal, you may feel bloated and that is what may be causing it.

dazedncnfz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dazedncnfz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dazedncnfz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dazedncnfz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dazedncnfz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dazedncnfz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dazedncnfz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dazedncnfz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dazedncnfz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dazedncnfz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dazedncnfz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by elpasso1900 View Post
    You're talking to some who hasn't posted in 6 years and you made another thread about this...

Mods, please lock this up.
    Lead Forum Representative
    www.bluestarnutraceuticals.com

Stay Connected with Exclusive Content & Special Offers:
    ********: bluestarnutraceuticals
    Instagram: @bluestarnutraceuticals / @dazedncnfz
    YouTube: bluestarnutraceuticals

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity.

COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by dazedncnfz View Post
    You're talking to some who hasn't posted in 6 years and you made another thread about this...

Mods, please lock this up.
    As you wish boss man..
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~