carlozdre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need advice on new routine please?

I am doing a push/pull/legs every Mon/Wed/Fri at lunch time, have been eating clean (ish - but not sugars or crap food), been doing this for over a year. Have started with a strict diet but due to work and laziness and I am not following it religiously now.

My current routine:

"Push"
    Bench dumbbells press
    Bench dumbbells side lateral rises (flies)
    Machine shoulder press
    Chest fly machine
    Machine incline chest press
    Dips

"Pull"
    Incline bench dumbbell biceps
    Incline bench dumbbell hammer curls
    Hammerstrength lat pull downs
    Lat row machine pulls
    Deadlifts
    Standing biceps curls

"Legs"
    Smith machine squats
    Seated leg press
    Leg extensions machine
    Seated leg curls
    Standing calves machine

My daily eating habits consist of oats, water and protein in the morning, a fruit before 12, some rubbish Tesco meal after workout and protein shake (Paella, noodles, at 2:30pm), then a good meal (meat with vegetables) in the evening. I know it's not ideal but I will get this sorted out in no time.

I can see results, I feel better and have a decent body now. However, I would like to improve my muscle mass whilst getting rid of the fat around my waist. I fully understand diet is key.

I don't know where to go from here, can anyone please recommend me a routine based on my needs? I kind of get bored now and can't progress with the weights.

One thing I don't want and that's my legs getting bigger. I don't mind squats and/or other exercises but wouldn't go extreme on legs as I simply want them as skinny as possible. So maybe some abs between leg exercises?

So ideally I would need something to emphasize chest/arms/abs and less legs, and not more than 5-6 exercises per sessions, 3 days a week would be perfect. I'm doing 3-5 miles per bike daily and am generally an active guy despite my desk job.

frostisall will become famous soon enough. (+50) frostisall will become famous soon enough. (+50) frostisall will become famous soon enough. (+50) frostisall will become famous soon enough. (+50) frostisall will become famous soon enough. (+50) frostisall will become famous soon enough. (+50) frostisall will become famous soon enough. (+50) frostisall will become famous soon enough. (+50) frostisall will become famous soon enough. (+50) frostisall will become famous soon enough. (+50) frostisall will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    are you doing low weight and high reps or low reps with heavier weight?
    It's what you do in the dash

No help for this one.... Squid24's Avatar
    Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by carlozdre View Post
    I simply want them as skinny as possible.
    So you have no problems looking like this then?
    Attached Images
    My Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170367151&page=50

"Muff divers local #69.....no muff too tough....we dive at five"

Fierce 5 Programs ->https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1266579671#post1266579671

DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am doing a push/pull/legs every Mon/Wed/Fri at lunch time, have been eating clean (ish - but not sugars or crap food), been doing this for over a year. Have started with a strict diet but due to work and laziness and I am not following it religiously now.

My current routine:

"Push"
    Bench dumbbells press
    Machine shoulder press
    Chest fly machine
    Dips

"Pull"
    Lat row machine pulls
    Deadlifts
    Standing biceps curls

"Legs"
    Smith machine squats
    Seated leg press
    Leg extensions machine
    Seated leg curls
    Standing calves machine

My daily eating habits consist of oats, water and protein in the morning, a fruit before 12, some rubbish Tesco meal after workout and protein shake (Paella, noodles, at 2:30pm), then a good meal (meat with vegetables) in the evening. I know it's not ideal but I will get this sorted out in no time.

I can see results, I feel better and have a decent body now. However, I would like to improve my muscle mass whilst getting rid of the fat around my waist. I fully understand diet is key.

I don't know where to go from here, can anyone please recommend me a routine based on my needs? I kind of get bored now and can't progress with the weights.

One thing I don't want and that's my legs getting bigger. I don't mind squats and/or other exercises but wouldn't go extreme on legs as I simply want them as skinny as possible. So maybe some abs between leg exercises?

So ideally I would need something to emphasize chest/arms/abs and less legs, and not more than 5-6 exercises per sessions, 3 days a week would be perfect. I'm doing 3-5 miles per bike daily and am generally an active guy despite my desk job.
    First of all, calories are what matters, and macros (which make up those calories). Telling us what foods without numbers doesn't help. So nutritionally, I can't tell if you're bulking, cutting, whatever.

Second off, you're not going to find many people that want to help you get a physique that will lead to health problems (over powered mirror muscles and weak legs and back).

Third off: The push/pull ratio is going to ruin your shoulders. Three bicep movements don't offset anything in from the push category, you basically have a 2:1 push/pull ratio... it should be 1:2 ideally, 1:1 at worst.

Why do you want weak looking legs and a weak back, and over developed chest and biceps? It won't look good, AND both are very bad for your health.

Originally Posted by frostisall View Post
    are you doing low weight and high reps or low reps with heavier weight?
    Higher weights, have tried adding more every single week but I hit a wall now.

Normally 3-4 sets of each exercise with 8-10 reps and do my best to keep correct form.
    Last edited by carlozdre; 10-27-2015 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Added more info

Originally Posted by DrakHarr View Post
    First of all, calories are what matters, and macros (which make up those calories). Telling us what foods without numbers doesn't help. So nutritionally, I can't tell if you're bulking, cutting, whatever.

Second off, you're not going to find many people that want to help you get a physique that will lead to health problems (over powered mirror muscles and weak legs and back).

Third off: The push/pull ratio is going to ruin your shoulders. Three bicep movements don't offset anything in from the push category, you basically have a 2:1 push/pull ratio... it should be 1:2 ideally, 1:1 at worst.

Why do you want weak looking legs and a weak back, and over developed chest and biceps? It won't look good, AND both are very bad for your health.
    I'll post the macros soon.

It's not that I don't want to do legs, even thought I don't squat more than my weight, they're quite big already and I simply don't want them getting much bigger. I will post some photos in the weekend and also the macros.

Twistnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The workout Program that you have put together is bad and dangerous, and you should just bin it and pick a decent well written PPL Program

Originally Posted by Twistnut View Post
    The workout Program that you have put together is bad and dangerous, and you should just bin it and pick a decent well written PPL Program
    Thanks for your input Twistnut. Can you please quickly detaliate why is it bad/dangerous, so to avoid the mistakes in the future?

Thanks for your input Twistnut. Can you please quickly detaliate why is it bad/dangerous, so to avoid the mistakes in the future?
    sure buddy

"Push"
    Bench dumbbells press
    Machine shoulder press
    Chest fly machine
    Dips

"Pull"
    Lat row machine pulls
    Deadlifts
    Standing biceps curls

"Legs"
    Smith machine squats
    Seated leg press
    Leg extensions machine
    Seated leg curls
    Standing calves machine

your push to pull ratio is really not good you got 4 pushes to only 3 pulls it should ideally be a 2-1 pull to push ratio 1-1 at worst
    you have got 3 bicep movements and only 3 back movements to much bicep to little back imo
    your leg routine is very quad dominant squats, leg press, extensions are all quad dominant and only 1 ham dominant

a better leg routine would be Squats, Leg extensions, RDL, Leg curls calf raises adding a RDL will help your your ratio to 1-1

search a post on here called balance made easy really good info in it

again i don't know enough to make my own programs i use others made on here, all what i am saying is just from reading what other people have said i am no expert its all in my own opinion

so i don't know enough to really fix your routine i just know its not very good

but the push pull ratio your using is really sucky and could injure your shoulders

Originally Posted by Twistnut View Post
    sure buddy

"Push"
    Bench dumbbells press
    Machine shoulder press
    Chest fly machine
    Dips

"Pull"
    Lat row machine pulls
    Deadlifts
    Standing biceps curls

"Legs"
    Smith machine squats
    Seated leg press
    Leg extensions machine
    Seated leg curls
    Standing calves machine

your push to pull ratio is really not good you got 4 pushes to only 3 pulls it should ideally be a 2-1 pull to push ratio 1-1 at worst
    you have got 3 bicep movements and only 3 back movements to much bicep to little back imo
    your leg routine is very quad dominant squats, leg press, extensions are all quad dominant and only 1 ham dominant

a better leg routine would be Squats, Leg extensions, RDL, Leg curls calf raises adding a RDL will help your your ratio to 1-1

search a post on here called balance made easy really good info in it

again i don't know enough to make my own programs i use others made on here, all what i am saying is just from reading what other people have said i am no expert its all in my own opinion

so i don't know enough to really fix your routine i just know its not very good

but the push pull ratio your using is really sucky and could injure your shoulders
    Really useful info mate, also found that post you mentioned about, quite clear now what you meant, thank you very much for explaining it to me. I am now working on my macros hoping for an advice on a new, better routine. I will definitely change my current one.

Really useful info mate, also found that post you mentioned about, quite clear now what you meant, thank you very much for explaining it to me. I am now working on my macros hoping for an advice on a new, better routine. I will definitely change my current one.
    I am glad it helped check out this routine

Advanced LPP

Legs
    *Squat 3x5-6
    Alternate Lunges with *DL every leg day 3x5-6 (when you don’t DL do 3x10-12 shrugs as well)
    Good Morning 3x8-10
    Leg Extensions/Leg curls (Superset 3x10-12)
    Calf work 3x12-15

Push
    *Bench(Horizontal Press) 3x5-6
    *OHP(Upward Press) 3x5-6
    Dips or fly 3x8-10
    Overhead Extensions(long head iso)-3x8-10/Ab work-3x12-15 (Superset)
    Lateral Raises 3x10-12

Pull
    *Pendlay Rows(Horizontal Pull) 3x5-6
    Yates Rows(Upward Pull) 3x5-6
    Lat Pulldowns(Downward Pull) 3x8-10
    Reverse Flies/Overhead face pulls (Superset 3x10-12) (For facepulls think 135-150 degree incline for the angle)
    Curls 3x8-10

You will be working out 3 consecutive days followed by a rest day. Ex: Mon-Legs, Tues-Push, Wed-Pull, Thur-Rest, Fri-Legs, Sat-Push, Sun-Pull, Mon-Rest…etc.

You’ll add 5 lbs to all of your upper body lifts* and 10lbs to all of your lower body lifts every 4 cycles (16 days.) After 2 cycles increase the reps from the lower rep range to the higher rep range.

its from this forum post h ttp:// for um.bodybu ilding.com /showthread .php? t=162916931 (just close the spaces)

the guy is very well respected on here and he routines are top notch and alot of effort has gone into making them all hes routines are tried and tested and work

Darren UK

Thanks for that mate, that is a bit too much for me (6 days a week) as I work Mon - Fri but looking at the intermediate one and I'll join another local gym nearer to home and jump on this later in a few months time!