campersand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) campersand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) campersand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) campersand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) campersand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) campersand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) campersand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) campersand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) campersand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) campersand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) campersand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Light, moist PANCAKES!

I've been experimenting with pancake recipes for the past week or so. I've found quite a few that claim to be "amazing" or "as good or better than real pancakes" and have been disappointed with all of them. They're either dry and stiff or too eggy and wet. So, in an effort to help out anyone else who might be having a hard time finding a good pancake recipe, I decided to post what I've come up with.

I'm using this as a base. The recipe as it's written is okay but still pretty dry. After some trial and error though, this morning I got light, airy pancakes that, while maybe not tasting exactly like the real thing, are still quite good and by far the closest of all the recipes I've found. The main trick is to add yogurt. Here's my version:

BETTER THAN BOXED LOW CARB PANCAKES

1 egg
    2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
    1 tsp water
    1 tsp coconut oil
    2 1/2 tbsp vanilla whey protein powder
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    Dash cinnamon
    Pinch salt
    Oil or butter for the pan

Heat a skillet (preferably non-stick or well-seasoned cast iron) over medium low heat. Beat egg. Add the rest of the liquid ingredients and mix well. Add dry ingredients and mix until fairly smooth (don't worry about getting every single lump out).
    Coat the pan with oil (a couple tsp). Slowly pour in enough batter to make 1 pancake. When the pancake's edges puff up a little and it looks like it's starting to set (about 2-3 min), carefully flip it. Cook for another minute or so. Be sure not to overcook as this can dry it out.
    Serve with whatever toppings you like.

The macros will vary depending on the protein powder you use, but mine came out to ~250 Cal with 15g Fat, 7g Carb, 21g protein. I make a double batch, which makes 3 large pancakes, and only eat 2, saving one for later.