skeleton_keys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Calf Machines for Big Guys?

Hey all...I've owned a Powertec Squat/Calf for a year, and I'm tired of it. I'm 6'3", and having to squat way down just to get under it is ridiculous. Does anybody know of a good, reasonably inexpensive (0-500 dollars-ish) standing calf machine that's tall enough to fit a tall guy?

I thought about just making a calf block and doing one-legged dumbbell calf raises, but I'm not sure if I could get enough weight that way.

FootBallBeast is not very well liked. (-100) FootBallBeast is not very well liked. (-100) FootBallBeast is not very well liked. (-100) FootBallBeast is not very well liked. (-100) FootBallBeast is not very well liked. (-100) FootBallBeast is not very well liked. (-100) FootBallBeast is not very well liked. (-100) FootBallBeast is not very well liked. (-100) FootBallBeast is not very well liked. (-100) FootBallBeast is not very well liked. (-100) FootBallBeast is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by skeleton_keys View Post
    Hey all...I've owned a Powertec Squat/Calf for a year, and I'm tired of it. I'm 6'3", and having to squat way down just to get under it is ridiculous. Does anybody know of a good, reasonably inexpensive (0-500 dollars-ish) standing calf machine that's tall enough to fit a tall guy?

I thought about just making a calf block and doing one-legged dumbbell calf raises, but I'm not sure if I could get enough weight that way.
    I don't think they have those, since it wouldn't really be profitable. You could just get a leg press/hack squat or use a barbell.

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Maybe you should look around for a used smith machine, if you have the room. I do my standing calf raises on mine, as well as other exercises.

booger_dee is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) booger_dee is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) booger_dee is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) booger_dee is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) booger_dee is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) booger_dee is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) booger_dee is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) booger_dee is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) booger_dee is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) booger_dee is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) booger_dee is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by skeleton_keys View Post

Don't know what model you have, but I have the one with the catch handle that goes thru the main upright. Instead of just letting it hang down, I put the bottom of the handle pointed up. That's about another 5 inches. It's scary looking, but I've never had it slip off.