View Poll Results: What is More effective for MMA?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boxing

192 84.96%
  • Karate

34 15.04%
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    MrHurtMonger is not very well liked. (-100) MrHurtMonger is not very well liked. (-100) MrHurtMonger is not very well liked. (-100) MrHurtMonger is not very well liked. (-100) MrHurtMonger is not very well liked. (-100) MrHurtMonger is not very well liked. (-100) MrHurtMonger is not very well liked. (-100) MrHurtMonger is not very well liked. (-100) MrHurtMonger is not very well liked. (-100) MrHurtMonger is not very well liked. (-100) MrHurtMonger is not very well liked. (-100)

Question What is More useful Boxing or Karate in MMA?

They are Both Point Fighting but which is more effective in MMA?

Boxing

or

Karate

your opinion please.

TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Um, pretty much everyone is going to say boxing, unless you're talking about Kyokushin Karate which is more like kickboxing than the "karate" that everyone disses on.

MrHurtMonger is not very well liked. (-100) MrHurtMonger is not very well liked. (-100) MrHurtMonger is not very well liked. (-100) MrHurtMonger is not very well liked. (-100) MrHurtMonger is not very well liked. (-100) MrHurtMonger is not very well liked. (-100) MrHurtMonger is not very well liked. (-100) MrHurtMonger is not very well liked. (-100) MrHurtMonger is not very well liked. (-100) MrHurtMonger is not very well liked. (-100) MrHurtMonger is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by TheClips View Post
    Um, pretty much everyone is going to say boxing, unless you're talking about Kyokushin Karate which is more like kickboxing than the "karate" that everyone disses on.
    Yup Karate has more tools GSP uses it and machida.

RoidRage420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    karate may have more tools but i doubt they teach you ring generalship and footwork.. or how to throw a proper punch without leaving yourself wide open

99 times out of 100 boxer wins, leg kicks dont win fights

TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RoidRage420 View Post
    karate may have more tools but i doubt they teach you ring generalship and footwork.. or how to throw a proper punch without leaving yourself wide open

99 times out of 100 boxer wins, leg kicks dont win fights
    Uhhh, yeah they do...

Guaranteed that a boxer vs. a kickboxer, the boxer would be limping home in defeat, with tears streaming down his cheeks...But the other stuff you said I agree with!

saladpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) saladpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) saladpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) saladpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) saladpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) saladpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) saladpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) saladpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) saladpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) saladpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) saladpants is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    rofl

leg kicks dont win fights

and in other news, men dont care that much about sex

If you've never even had a 1/4 speed leg kick, it is hard to grasp exactly how devastatingly painful it is. I used to think leg kicks were ****, then I felt one and realized they are THE ****!

Uhhh, yeah they do...

Guaranteed that a boxer vs. a kickboxer, the boxer would be limping home in defeat, with tears streaming down his cheeks...But the other stuff you said I agree with!
    HaHaHa
    I love it!

Registered User dethmetalanimal's Avatar
    dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MrHurtMonger View Post
    They are Both Point Fighting but which is more effective in MMA?

Boxing

or

Karate

your opinion please.
    LOL at boxing is point fighting.

Originally Posted by dethmetalanimal View Post
    LOL at boxing is point fighting.
    It is point fighting rookie.

FTWRESTLER

U HURT? I see you negged me.

MMA-JUNKIE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MMA-JUNKIE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MMA-JUNKIE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MMA-JUNKIE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MMA-JUNKIE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MMA-JUNKIE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MMA-JUNKIE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MMA-JUNKIE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MMA-JUNKIE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MMA-JUNKIE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MMA-JUNKIE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by saladpants View Post
    rofl

leg kicks dont win fights

and in other news, men dont care that much about sex
    HAHA, nice!

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Boxing isn't exactly point fighting
    just cus you can win via points dosn't mean that is the dominant skill coming out of the training
    hell BJJ is pointfighting.... if that is the criteria

latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Uhhh, yeah they do...

most stupid thing I have ever heard.

Kickboxers are 9 times out of ten very poor fighters.

Their training is flawed. Their footwork fuc*ed up big time.

Their hand technique is awful.

To quote bruce lee

"he who is the master of his hands will always come out on top"

The comment you made is either made from ignorance and no ring experince or just pure bias. Either way it's a foolish comment.

latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It is point fighting rookie.
    I been an amatuer boxer for over 18 yrs.

While there is a point system used in both amatuer and professional boxing.

it is nothing like that used in karate tournaments where they tap someone and they go POINT!

It is two completly different point systems.

Karate tourny = tip tap around

boxing= trying to knock you the fuc* out!

I am always amazed at how many people watch boxing but have no idea what they are watching and no idea how to even take a pen and paper and score the fight round by round but yet always run their chops about the sport as if they know wtf they are talking about.

nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by latverian View Post

To quote bruce lee

The comment you made is either made from ignorance and no ring experince or just pure bias. Either way it's a foolish comment.
    on behalf of what i imagine half the mma section's views our, let me tell you to STFU
    іяс сязш -- care chat room god

$BMB$ and ***DJMctits Crew***
    DOUBLE POWERED REP TRADING, BOOO YEAH

cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by nuttybl View Post
    on behalf of what i imagine half the mma section's views our, let me tell you to STFU
    "our" or "are"???????????

typical moron with no ring experince talking shi*

I support MMA fighters completly.

You don't know wtf you are talking about.

I suggest you follow your own inexperinced advice and STFU!

Strength Sports for Life C Project's Avatar
    C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

To quote bruce lee

Lol. You've never fought a true kick boxer.

I've had Muay Thai and Boxing ring experience and I can say that "kick boxers" are more versed and more conditioned (generally) than your average boxer.
    Moved Squat, Bench, and Deadlift to Yoke, Log, and Stones.

nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    why dont you have a peak at the video posted above you?
    damn stupid grammar!
    іяс сязш -- care chat room god

$BMB$ and ***DJMctits Crew***
    DOUBLE POWERED REP TRADING, BOOO YEAH

Originally Posted by Project_C View Post
    Lol. You've never fought a true kick boxer.

I've had Muay Thai and Boxing ring experience and I can say that "kick boxers" are more versed and more conditioned (generally) than your average boxer.
    I've studied wing chun for 14 yrs.

Again some of you people need to find out the facts before making assumptions.

The question is what benefits a MMA fighter the most. karate training or boxing training.

What makes a good MMA fighter is mastering the ground and mastering his hands when on his feet.

When it comes to footwork and hand technique karate or kickboxing neither one come close.

watch a floyd mayweather fight or a roy jones fight in his prime or an ali fight in his prime or any other world champion calibur boxer and then watch a world championship kick boxing match.

one looks like poetry in motion and pure brilliance. true masters of their trade and you can see it from how they move to their punching to their defensive skills with their footwork and head movement.....the other looks akward and sluggish and poorly played out.

anyone who has ever watched both and does not agree with that is either blind or bias and just that stupid they dont know enough about what is in front of them to make an educated opinon

C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've studied wing chun for 14 yrs.

Again some of you people need to find out the facts before making assumptions.

The question is what benefits a MMA fighter the most. karate training or boxing training.

What makes a good MMA fighter is mastering the ground and mastering his hands when on his feet.

When it comes to footwork and hand technique karate or kickboxing neither one come close.

watch a floyd mayweather fight or a roy jones fight in his prime or an ali fight in his prime or any other world champion calibur boxer and then watch a world championship kick boxing match.

one looks like poetry in motion and pure brilliance. true masters of their trade and you can see it from how they move to their punching to their defensive skills with their footwork and head movement.....the other looks akward and sluggish and poorly played out.

anyone who has ever watched both and does not agree with that is either blind or bias and just that stupid they dont know enough about what is in front of them to make an educated opinon
    Wing Chun is not Muay Thai or Kick Boxing. I know because I've practiced Wing Chun under private instruction.

Look man, I voted boxing, I've been a "boxer" for years. But to say that a kick boxer can't compare to a boxer is absurd. The more tools you have, the more chances you have to succeed.

Boxing = Movement and hands

Kick Boxing = Movement, hands, feet (sometimes elbows, knees and grappling).

why dont you have a peak at the video posted above you?
    damn stupid grammar!
    what's that video supposed to show or prove?

you have some fighter in there who prob is nothing more than a club fighter fighting boxing matches in bars or local gyms.

lol man or boy in your case...you should just keep your mouth shut cause you do not have the experince to even engage in a debate like this.

your a kid who has watched one too many kung fu movies.

Wing Chun is not Muay Thai or Kick Boxing. I know because I've practiced Wing Chun under private instruction.

Look man, I voted boxing, I've been a "boxer" for years. But to say that a kick boxer can't compare to a boxer is absurd. The more tools you have, the more chances you have to succeed.

Boxing = Movement and hands

Kick Boxing = Movement, hands, feet (sometimes elbows, knees and grappling).
    ProjectC no offense to you but I have sparred with many kickboxers.

If you put an average boxer in with an average kickboxer odds are it would be anyones fight.

I am talking world class level here. World champions.

Not some bum pro fiighter who fights at clubs or some amatuer like my self.

ProjectC no offense to you but I have sparred with many kickboxers.

If you put an average boxer in with an average kickboxer odds are it would be anyones fight.

I am talking world class level here. World champions.

Not some bum pro fiighter who fights at clubs or some amatuer like my self.
    Right. And I'd pick Ramon Dekkers over Oscar De La Hoya.

that's cool.

you have every right too.

As inactive as de la hoya has been I would prob pick a world champion calibur kickboxer over him now too.

He has no timing or rythem now. You can have all the skill in the world but if you are not in the gym everyday and sparring to develop your time and get your rtythem down then you will lose to even the most minium of talented fighters if they have been in the gym and you havent.

if eddie van halen didnt touch a guitar for 6 months I assure you he would not be able to play close to the level he was playing before he stoped.

some concept applies to fighting and staying in the gym

son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Boxing is modified in mma. Hand need to drop lower to defend take down. Fists don't stick to cheeks.

I say this depends on who you're talking about. Boxing is going to be more efficient in close quarters for sure.
    MMA Fighter, Instructor, Personal Trainer, Strength and Conditioning coach, Fitness Guru

"Being a fighter is like having a car. You can have the best car in the world, but if you don't have any gas in it, it won't get you anywhere!"

Fujiwara

"The more I sweat on the mat the less I bleed in
    combat"

"Give me an inch and I'll take your foot"

"If you must prepare for them you are weak. You are strong when they must prepare for you"

Walther_p38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Walther_p38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Walther_p38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Walther_p38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Walther_p38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Walther_p38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Walther_p38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Walther_p38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Walther_p38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Walther_p38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Walther_p38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yup Karate has more tools GSP uses it and machida.
    GSP also has a profesisonal boxing trainer and spars with professional boxers to prepare for his fights. I'm not one to knock karate but a decent knowledge of boxing is better for mma usually.

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Right. And I'd pick Ramon Dekkers over Oscar De La Hoya.
    I'd pick Dekkers (prime) over Mayweather with kickboxing or Thai rules.
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

Originally Posted by HardGainer82 View Post
    I'd pick Dekkers (prime) over Mayweather with kickboxing or Thai rules.
    I think we were talking boxing rules?

I couldn't think of any other examples. Haha. And I think they would weigh the same?