Crypty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crypty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crypty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crypty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crypty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crypty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crypty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crypty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crypty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crypty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crypty is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein Review

This stuff is sold at target and wal-mart(and I presume many other similar stores). It's cheap at just over 12 bucks/2lb. It comes in Vanilla and Chocolate AFAIK. They offer straight whey protein and the "Super Advanced" stuff, which just means it has BCAAs, Creatine and Glutamine plus a bunch of other stuff mixed in. The bottle boasts an assload of buzzwords, and PLENTY of fine print. Everything it advertises is based on 2 sevings(70cc scoops). They use single, double, triple and quadruple asterisks, rhombuses, crosses, double crosses, and little hamburgers to fine-printify everything.
    I'm reviewing vanilla.
    Taste: 3/10(water) 5/10(milk) 6/10(breast milk) ---- It has very weak vanilla flavoring and a strange tang to it that probably shouldn't be present in a vanilla drink. It doesn't really matter the ratio of powder to liquid. Its just bland and strange tasting. The flavor is something like bitter cardboard with a hint of vanilla. Mixing with milk as opposed to water makes this stuff much better but its not too good even then.

Mixability: 6/10 ---- I usually add 8oz of water to 1 scoop of whey and shake vigorously for a 30 seconds to a minute. It doesn't clump at all and mixes up evenly, but no matter how much shaking I do it is always a little grainy. On top of that, this stuff bubbles up like crazy, and unlike beer, the foam never settles, it just stays there and gives you gas.

Value: 10/10 ---- One area where I CAN'T complain. 12 bucks for 2lb with creatine, glutamine, BCAAs is a pretty good deal. I was low on cash at the end of my freshman year so this stuff was a pretty nice deal.

Effect: 5/10 ---- I'm not sure if it is because of the foam that forms when I mix this, but drinking this turns me into a blimp and I burp constantly. On leg day the bloating combined with lactic acid nausea gives me a feeling like I am going to explode. It's really quite uncomfortable during a workout. Other than that, I have made solid gains in the last few months using it.

Bottom line: If you're strapped for cash grab a bottle and suck it up, if you can shell out the extra $$$ for something good, by all means do.

Last edited by Crypty; 06-06-2008 at 04:01 PM.

rizzog466 is just really nice. (+1000) rizzog466 is just really nice. (+1000) rizzog466 is just really nice. (+1000) rizzog466 is just really nice. (+1000) rizzog466 is just really nice. (+1000) rizzog466 is just really nice. (+1000) rizzog466 is just really nice. (+1000) rizzog466 is just really nice. (+1000) rizzog466 is just really nice. (+1000) rizzog466 is just really nice. (+1000) rizzog466 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I tried this stuff awhile back in a pinch, and thought the chocolate was decent. But I recently picked up another tub of chocolate and the super advanced formula is much worse than what I remember. The chocolate tastes horrible, and there is always this mud-like grainy residue in the bottom of the cup. I used to think this stuff was decent, but whatever they changed about it made it horrible.

RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I used to buy the old formula from Walmart a lot. It was cheap, tasted good, and had decent macros. Since they introduced creatine into it though, I no longer buy it.
    "The gym became an arena where I had the opportunity to be a hero" - Mike Mentzer

"Give us clear vision that we may know where to stand and what to stand for- because unless we stand for something we shall fall for anything"

Crypty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crypty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crypty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crypty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crypty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crypty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crypty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crypty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crypty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crypty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crypty is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have heard that the old stuff did taste better. I have never had that or seen it though so I don't actually know if they still sell it anymore.

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I thought the vanilla was pretty strong tasting, its more of a tapioca vanilla to me. I thought it was pretty good.
    “You never won’t know what you can’t achieve until you don’t achieve it.”

shawndabo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shawndabo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shawndabo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shawndabo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shawndabo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shawndabo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shawndabo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shawndabo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shawndabo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shawndabo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shawndabo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the review. I have been using ON whey and looks like I will stick with after reading this and a few other reviews of the Body Fortress protein. I was hoping that the taste was as good as the price.

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by shawndabo View Post
    Thanks for the review. I have been using ON whey and looks like I will stick with after reading this and a few other reviews of the Body Fortress protein. I was hoping that the taste was as good as the price.
    sure beats ONs vanilla

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Wise choice

Originally Posted by shawndabo View Post
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

Originally Posted by Sixpack View Post
    Wise choice
    why? will he get better gains with ON?

irockspeedos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do you know how much creatine is actually in this product?

phorse02 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phorse02 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phorse02 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Good stuff

I have been using this for about 3 months and I like it. I use the strawberry with a teaspoon of creatine and a teaspoon of glutamine powder and I have had good results. Compared to some of the others out there the ingredients are the same for a lot less.

Baller323 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baller323 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baller323 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baller323 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baller323 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baller323 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baller323 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baller323 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baller323 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baller323 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baller323 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Crypty View Post
    I have heard that the old stuff did taste better. I have never had that or seen it though so I don't actually know if they still sell it anymore.
    I tried both and I prefer the older version.

ClintMiller will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClintMiller will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClintMiller will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClintMiller will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClintMiller will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClintMiller will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClintMiller will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClintMiller will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClintMiller will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClintMiller will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClintMiller will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by irockspeedos View Post
    do you know how much creatine is actually in this product?
    I use body fortress whey and have for over a year. What does it matter if there is creatine in it already? It just saves people from having to also invest in a creatine powder. I still do drop an extra 5 mg of creatine mono in every 2 scoop protein shake I have. I probably don't have to but I notice better gains with the extra creatine. I personally like the vanilla and the strawberry a lot. I think the taste is better than a lot of the more expensive protein powders out there! Don't waste your money on ON's protein just because it is the "cool" thing to do because so many others do it. Invest in protein that is budget friendly and shows good results. Hence, that is why I use body fortress whey protein.
    Last edited by ClintMiller; 06-14-2009 at 05:20 PM.
    I am currently attached with the 36th Engineer Brigade, 11th Engineer Battalion, 60th Engineer Company/3rd Platoon at Fort Benning, GA.
    ARMY STRONG! "HOOAH"

If somebody walks up to you and says, "Your shirt fits funny" because you are a bodybuilder be all like, "Bitch, cuz I'm swole, WHAT"

My current stack:
    Gaspari Superpump Max
    Jack3d
    Sci-Fit Prota-Lyn
    Sci-Fit Kre-Alkalyn
    Multi Vitamin, Fish Oil, BCAA, B12

yellowbus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    man you guys are lazy, just pick up the phone and ask. I called body fortress today, they said these things have 6g of creatine per 33g scoop. So two servings=12g creatine which is ridiculous

realapollo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Thanks for the Lead!

Originally Posted by yellowbus View Post
    man you guys are lazy, just pick up the phone and ask. I called body fortress today, they said these things have 6g of creatine per 33g scoop. So two servings=12g creatine which is ridiculous
    Your idea to call the company was an excellent one. I did the same thing after reading your post because what you wrote was a little confusing. Two servings does indeed have 12 g of creatine but one serving is 2 scoops at 66 grams not 33 grams. One scoop is 33 g with 3 g of creatine. I asked the operator this specifically to double check. Thanks for the lead, I never noticed the phone # on the side of the tub. If anyone else would like more information 1-800-215-5980 will get you a Body Fortress representative.

JonHanson21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is that way to much creatine? I am a noob when it comes to creatine.

Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The bloating everyone is getting is due to the high heat they use to process: up to 170 degrees during pasteurization.

Denatures the protein and for my money, is no bargain.
    Author of The Blueprint - Want BIG gains WITHOUT drugs?

Want to get to Gainsville FAST? - Google Synthagen or theblueprintbulletin

My post reflects only my opinion and is in no way considered required practice - in whole or in part. Specific medical advice should be obtained from a licensed health care practitioner PRIOR to beginning ANY new diet, exercise, supplementation or training program.

shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mixelflick View Post
    The bloating everyone is getting is due to the high heat they use to process: up to 170 degrees during pasteurization.

Denatures the protein and for my money, is no bargain.

While it may be denatured the bloating is almost definitely caused by the creatine being taken in by people not used to taking creatine as that is a common side effect of creatine mono.

Originally Posted by JonHanson21 View Post
    It's more than you need per day in 2 scoops. Will it kill you? No. Is this stuff total crap? No, but there is much, much better stuff out there. MGN protein is a similar price and is so much better in terms of quality and taste. Or for a few bucks more you could get the Myofusion/XF people here rave about.

mdl76 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mdl76 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mdl76 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mdl76 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mdl76 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mdl76 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I am just trying this stuff... I like the taste just as much as most others and Im diggin the added bcaa and stuff. I guess time will tell. But I have used over 15 different protein powders over the years and saw NO difference from one to the next. To me, Whey is Whey. Concentrate or Iso.. I NEVER saw a difference in gains. So I always buy the cheapest. but thats me

James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Good review bro.

easytee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) easytee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mdl76 View Post
    I am just trying this stuff... I like the taste just as much as most others and Im diggin the added bcaa and stuff. I guess time will tell. But I have used over 15 different protein powders over the years and saw NO difference from one to the next. To me, Whey is Whey. Concentrate or Iso.. I NEVER saw a difference in gains. So I always buy the cheapest. but thats me
    Absolutely agree wholeheartedly with this post! I actually use BF protein and actually have seen some great gains. Even better than some more expensive brands. I usually buy the strawberry flavor and mix it with Dole strawberry,orange, banana juice. Even when I mixed it with water i didn't have a problem. I consume after my workout and keep it moving!
    "SO MOTE IT BE"

iyadovic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iyadovic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iyadovic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iyadovic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iyadovic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iyadovic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iyadovic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iyadovic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iyadovic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iyadovic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iyadovic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by easytee View Post
    Absolutely agree wholeheartedly with this post! I actually use BF protein and actually have seen some great gains. Even better than some more expensive brands. I usually buy the strawberry flavor and mix it with Dole strawberry,orange, banana juice. Even when I mixed it with water i didn't have a problem. I consume after my workout and keep it moving!
    thats probably mostly water retention from the creatine in it..i was also so happy with my "gains" from it until i figured out it contained a ****load of mono

Registered User lalalalakerss24's Avatar
    lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    wrong thread
    Last edited by lalalalakerss24; 01-22-2011 at 09:50 PM. Reason: ops

stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just so no one believes that this product has 6 or 12 grams of creatine in it im going to post this. If you do your research it takes three amino acids to make creatine glycine, arginine and methione. And if you look at the most recent product label amounts which could be those listed but I got my stats from their website at this current date and theres a mere 1.1 gram of creatine in a single scoop.

http://www.bodyfortress.com/vf/labels/L044320-AE.pdf
    Why do I do this weightlifting thing for the last 34 years with all its ups and downs life has handed me? Because each time I came back stronger. NEVER GIVE UP. Gym life is about more than muscles getting bigger and weights going up. Its wisdom discipline dedication humility you name it.

TheKrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    know this is old, but yes you can call. 6g per scoop per the mfg'r. couldn't give me a solid answer on the l-glutamine. ran out of my regular, and needed a quick fix. no uncontrollable raging flatulence, instant projectile vomiting, desire to handle snakes,..etc. as described in other posts. cheap cheap

Registered User stackinattackin's Avatar
    stackinattackin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    go with the cookies and cream... only whey by BF that tastes like anything. mixes fine, its the only whey i buy now

mogfix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mogfix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JonHanson21 View Post
    See following posts -- there is actually [about] 3g per scoop. Studies [so far] show no adverse effects with up to 5g [5000mg] of creatine, and performance is enhanced with daily dosages anywhere from 5 to 20g a day. One of the more popular creatine capsules at the black-iron gym here has 3,000mg spelled out in huge letters on the bottle, but when you realize that you are paying for the same amount of creatine already mixed in BF Super Advanced Whey.... To the guy who says he is taking 5mg along with his whey, I hope he means 5,000mg or 5g.

mogfix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mogfix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=stingray72;713294381]Just so no one believes that this product has 6 or 12 grams of creatine in it im going to post this. If you do your research it takes three amino acids to make creatine glycine, arginine and methione. And if you look at the most recent product label amounts which could be those listed but I got my stats from their website at this current date and theres a mere 1.1 gram of creatine in a single scoop

While the Whey formula includes those amino acids, the product also contains synthesized creatine itself. That is the purpose of the creatine supplementation, to supply a jolt of highly bio-available creatine, more than your body produces from the amino acids. This way, your body does not have to assemble the creatine from the amino acids, it is ingested and absorbed directly.

Julio321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by djansen View Post
    sure beats ONs vanilla
    You are quite mistaken! Thats the bomb skeets skeets!

cupidchild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by stackinattackin View Post
    go with the cookies and cream... only whey by BF that tastes like anything. mixes fine, its the only whey i buy now
    I also agree. I tried so many other proteins out there.
    Cookies N Cream is the best tasting. Result wise, as other ppl noted - I haven't done any quantitative test nor tracking to see the difference. However, I keep coming back to this product due to TASTE & Price.
    Whey is Whey.. What's more important is your eating lifestyle and your workout ethnics.

If you anyone does find any other great tasting whey flavor and comparable in price; do give me a shout.

cheers~