Thread: Lower back pain

xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lower back pain

Well i've had lower back pain since i was about 14 years old.. a mild back pain that would come and go. I would get HORRIBLE pain if standing for only a bit of time

This monday I was at the gym doing cardio and abs
    well an hour after i got home my back was KILLING ME and has been since then its been a constant pain
    I went to the chiropractor and my hips aren't alligned, my right hip comes up much higher and I guess it is because the way ive been sitting since I've been young.

In school/restaurants/anywhere really! I would sit with my leg folded under the other and switch off... and I guess over time it effed up my back.

ANYWAY my question is what exercises should I do? The chiropractor told me I could work out my upper body.. should I eat less?? Since I can't do cardio or any lower body exericses
    I didn't get to work out this week due to the pain and he told me not to work out this upcoming week...
    I just don't want to sit around and do nothing

mgeemgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question back pain

I am not a doctor.

It is possible that you may have an extra disc, or some other abnormality.
    You should get it x-rayed if you are serious enough.

RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have you ever gotten an MRI and seen an ortho before consulting a chiro? If you have a disc problem, more than likely seeing a chiro will make your back problem worse rather then better.
    My recovery journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123572831

spricmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) spricmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) spricmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) spricmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) spricmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) spricmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) spricmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) spricmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) spricmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) spricmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) spricmi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i am a basketball player (profesional) so lower back pain- is normal thing.. i have disckopathy.. the two things that save me are: squats and relaxation massages .. god bles my athletic trainer he recomendetd squats when evry one told me not to do anything hevy..

honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    A lot of the time lower back pain is due to poor posture. Stand to the side of the mirror and look at your hips, does the back of your belt line start high and finishes out lower in the front? If so you have an anterior pelvic tilt. Read here:
    http://www.exrx.net/ExInfo/Posture.html
    When this happens, your pelvis is rotated forward, causing the back of your pelvis to essentially shove upwards into your lower back, causing tightness in the erector spinae and you now have your back pain.

Remedy: Stretch out your hip flexors religiously. You also need to strengthen your glutes. Start simple with floor bridges and really focus on contracting your glutes and getting them to fire.
    You should also look into foam rolling. When your muscles shorten and tighten up for a long period of time, you will accumulate scar tissue and knots that build up around the muscle fibers. When your hip flexors tighten (usually due to sitting a lot), your TFL and IT Bands on the outside of your thighs will tighten up beyond belief. Read this article on foam rolling and roll them out....more than likely it will hurt like hell but from personal experience foam rolling (self myofacial release) took away my lower back pain that plagued me for years, knee pain, and shin splints.
    http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=475832