jgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Do you feel starved at night?

I have no idea why, but sometimes (well, more than half the week) at around 9 o'clock PM I start to feel I'm extreme hunger, till the extent of starving! I could literally eat 5 burgers in a row!

I don't know why I have this feeling of sudden hunger at night. Mind you that throughout the day, I would feed myself regularly and I wouldn't feel hungry.

Any explanation to that?

Thanks!
    Look at my picture... What you see will change. I promise.

Aim: BF: 15%

May 25: 29.6%
    June 23: 28.2%
    July 23: 27.6%

RichieW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichieW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichieW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichieW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichieW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichieW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichieW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichieW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichieW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichieW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichieW has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Whats your diet like? Dont you eat anything pre-bed?

Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah, this is the time of night when I eat a couple of ounces of almonds

jgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RichieW View Post
    Whats your diet like? Dont you eat anything pre-bed?
    No, because I've been told it's better not to eat before you go to bed or eat something extremely light. Is that not true?

xsnalex is on a distinguished road. (+10) xsnalex is on a distinguished road. (+10) xsnalex is on a distinguished road. (+10) xsnalex is on a distinguished road. (+10) xsnalex is on a distinguished road. (+10) xsnalex is on a distinguished road. (+10) xsnalex is on a distinguished road. (+10) xsnalex is on a distinguished road. (+10) xsnalex is on a distinguished road. (+10) xsnalex is on a distinguished road. (+10) xsnalex is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    eating before bed is fine if you do it right.

It's a good time to get healthy fats in.

The 'godly before bed snack'

Cottage cheese

mmmm
    Work hard to show people that you can do whatever you put your heart into. (Lost 100 lbs in 2008)

currently cutting
    Goal weight -135, then clean bulk.

Team Lean Legends

Peanut butter obsessed

Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jgym View Post
    No, because I've been told it's better not to eat before you go to bed or eat something extremely light. Is that not true?
    TADA! There's your answer!

Cottage cheese + PB... the classic

That advice is probably to people who binge on junk in the evening. If you are genuinely hungry though, go for it! Just fit it into your daily cals and no prob!
    Last edited by Spottydog; 06-05-2008 at 10:44 PM.
    KARMA; reps for life:
    matthor-derickonfire-ozfiz-xquick-meyer23-AllGenetix, Beast, Scivation, Lando33
    girl81-2 D-spot skater-djaeger3-in10city-Emma-Leigh-bballbrett5, jaim91, imfusio
    Not on the list? Don't worry! There's still plenty of chances to achieve good karma.

ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have no idea why, but sometimes (well, more than half the week) at around 9 o'clock PM I start to feel I'm extreme hunger, till the extent of starving! I could literally eat 5 burgers in a row!

I don't know why I have this feeling of sudden hunger at night. Mind you that throughout the day, I would feed myself regularly and I wouldn't feel hungry.

Any explanation to that?

Thanks!
    never starve yourself...when im hungry, i eat..i could care less what time it is
    There is ALWAYS room for improvement.

VelocityDiet28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VelocityDiet28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VelocityDiet28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VelocityDiet28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VelocityDiet28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VelocityDiet28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VelocityDiet28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VelocityDiet28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VelocityDiet28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VelocityDiet28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VelocityDiet28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's a myth that eating before bed has a unique ability to promote weight gain compared with eating at other times of the day. Although scientific studies someday may prove that calories ingested before bed are handled differently than calories ingested at other times, evidence for this commonly held belief is lacking. For now, it's safe to assume that one's weight reflects the balance between calories burned and calories consumed over time, regardless of when you choose to eat.

Hence, it does not matter what time of day you eat. It is what and how much you eat and how much physical activity you do during the whole day that determines whether you gain, lose, or maintain your weight. No matter when you eat, your body will store extra calories as fat.

There are many studies that support what I just wrote. If you want them, just PM me. But, for now, eat whenever hungry as long as it fits your caloric and macro requirements, and do not over do it. The myth was probably created because of people that binged at night.

Registered User ScrewstonRocket's Avatar
    ScrewstonRocket will become famous soon enough. (+50) ScrewstonRocket will become famous soon enough. (+50) ScrewstonRocket will become famous soon enough. (+50) ScrewstonRocket will become famous soon enough. (+50) ScrewstonRocket will become famous soon enough. (+50) ScrewstonRocket will become famous soon enough. (+50) ScrewstonRocket will become famous soon enough. (+50) ScrewstonRocket will become famous soon enough. (+50) ScrewstonRocket will become famous soon enough. (+50) ScrewstonRocket will become famous soon enough. (+50) ScrewstonRocket will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cottage cheese and peanut butter eaither mixed or separate, is the ultimate before bed snack. Sprinkle cinnamon on it and you wont be hungry for the rest of the night and guilt free.

Thanks for the tips

ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks for the tips
    serious belly going on there bro....u must be eating

Originally Posted by ScrewstonRocket View Post
    Cottage cheese and peanut butter eaither mixed or separate, is the ultimate before bed snack. Sprinkle cinnamon on it and you wont be hungry for the rest of the night and guilt free.
    I actually got Cottage cheese, pretty yummy! But still I feel guilty just eating and going to bed. That's why I'm trying to avoid it as much as possible!

Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yes...I'm bulking so i'm having 2 shakes during the night when i wake up to take a piss,it's under control...but when i'm dieting for comp. it's really a pain in the ass,i'm literally starving 5 minutes after every meal...

B1CEPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) B1CEPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) B1CEPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) B1CEPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) B1CEPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) B1CEPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) B1CEPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) B1CEPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) B1CEPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) B1CEPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) B1CEPS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by VelocityDiet28 View Post
    It's a myth that eating before bed has a unique ability to promote weight gain compared with eating at other times of the day. Although scientific studies someday may prove that calories ingested before bed are handled differently than calories ingested at other times, evidence for this commonly held belief is lacking. For now, it's safe to assume that one's weight reflects the balance between calories burned and calories consumed over time, regardless of when you choose to eat.

Hence, it does not matter what time of day you eat. It is what and how much you eat and how much physical activity you do during the whole day that determines whether you gain, lose, or maintain your weight. No matter when you eat, your body will store extra calories as fat.

There are many studies that support what I just wrote. If you want them, just PM me. But, for now, eat whenever hungry as long as it fits your caloric and macro requirements, and do not over do it. The myth was probably created because of people that binged at night.
    Good Post....well put!!!
    "My Style Is Impetuous. My Defense Is Impregnable, And I'm Just Ferocious. I Want Your Heart".

Registered User SouthsideIrish44's Avatar
    SouthsideIrish44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SouthsideIrish44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SouthsideIrish44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SouthsideIrish44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SouthsideIrish44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SouthsideIrish44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SouthsideIrish44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SouthsideIrish44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SouthsideIrish44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SouthsideIrish44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SouthsideIrish44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by VelocityDiet28 View Post

x3

You're cutting so I think it's okay to be a lil' hungry. And I bet your body'll get used to it. But, it's hard to go to bed hungry! I may suggest a little cottage cheese or skim milk. Also, drink some h2o and maybe eat a buncha fiborous veggies? The whole cup of CC and 2tbsp of PB probably isn't a good prebed snack for your cutting!

bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    A mad appetite at night is usually a result of a poor dieting strategy during the day. You must not be eating enough for the first couple meals of the day.

Or you could also be getting cravings as a result of boredom+carb addiction+anxiety, in which case, you need to man up and tough it out.
    "Bad habits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into, but hard to get out of." - Anonimus -
    "My mind is like a General. And my body's like an Army." - Herschel Walker -
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity...

Recovery is key. Massages, epsom salts baths, foam rolling, sleep masks, contrast showers, it all adds up. Get a foam roller, The Stick, a tennis/baseball, use them and stay healthy, pain and injury free.

BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000)
    if I ever hit a point to where I'm starving, I make sure to get something to eat, whether it be some small portion of lean meat, nuts, or CC. The longer I feel as if I'm starving, the greater the chance of me saying to hell with it and start binging. I just don't let myself get to that point
    Overrating the Underrated
    49ers/Lakers/USC/Dodgers/Kings
    ✰ OFFICIAL MISC RUNNING CREW ✰