Grid Iron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

High Protein, Low Carb Diet. Help Me Out!!

Okay, first off let me say that Im about 5'8", 200 pounds with high body fat. I strength train 5 days a week. I do 30 minutes of cardio 4-5 days a week with atleast 1 day being intense high interval training.

I have been losing weight already doing what Im doing but I have not had the best diet due to circumstances out of my control. I have lost approximately 30 pounds over the last six months without the cleanest of dieting. However, I plan on starting a high protein, low carb diet soon and need some help.

What food should I be looking for when I am ready to purchase. Chicken, tuna, turkey, etc.. I understand what will be good sources of protein but my main question is what should I be looking for as good carbs, or important foods with low carbs?

I am looking to lean up, and cut up. Weight loss is not the main factor but lowering my BF% is my target.If you have any tips on this diet please let me know.Any other tips from anyone would be appreciated, thanks.

Grid Iron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    no help anyone?

icery is just really nice. (+1000) icery is just really nice. (+1000) icery is just really nice. (+1000) icery is just really nice. (+1000) icery is just really nice. (+1000) icery is just really nice. (+1000) icery is just really nice. (+1000) icery is just really nice. (+1000) icery is just really nice. (+1000) icery is just really nice. (+1000) icery is just really nice. (+1000)
    eating 'high protein and low carbs' is very vague. get a good idea of the calories you are going to be eating. just eating low carbs doesn't necessarily result in any more fat loss that a calorie restricted, higher carb diet.

lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by icery View Post
    eating 'high protein and low carbs' is very vague. get a good idea of the calories you are going to be eating. just eating low carbs doesn't necessarily result in any more fat loss that a calorie restricted, higher carb diet.
    lol, i used to think that way too...if i just eat protein i've gotta lose weight. Well, it is indeed about calories, whatever your macro percentages are. Not too hard though man, eat enough carbs to fuel your training, 1 to 1.5 g per lb in protein and at get your EFA's in there and you'll be fine. Calories, whatever your goals are for cutting slowly or a quicker cut, should range from 10 times your bodyweight to 14 times your bodyweight. best of luck!