ThanksB2God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulking without the use of protein shakes

So I'm bulkin till the New Year(2009) and i was wondering if it is possible to gain weight without the use of protein powder(whey,casein, etc.) . Any advice, suggestions, would be greatly appreaciated. And lol if it is not possible then I'll just got back to what I am doing.
    DON'T GIVE UP....WAIT ON HIM

YEAAHHHHHHHH BUDDDDDYYYYY BIGRIGHTFOREARM's Avatar
    BIGRIGHTFOREARM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGRIGHTFOREARM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGRIGHTFOREARM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGRIGHTFOREARM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGRIGHTFOREARM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGRIGHTFOREARM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGRIGHTFOREARM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Of course you can gain weight without supplements...Supplements are just extras that you can add to a well-designed food plan.

willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    of course you gain gain without protein shakes. regardless of what you eat, if you consume more calories than you expend you will gain

shakes a purely for convenience. whole food is much better.

Originally Posted by willldabeast View Post
    of course you gain gain without protein shakes. regardless of what you eat, if you consume more calories than you expend you will gain

shakes a purely for convenience. whole food is much better.
    yo! that is very true..but what should i do to.....i guess replace post-workout shakes?

Originally Posted by BIGRIGHTFOREARM View Post
    Of course you can gain weight without supplements...Supplements are just extras that you can add to a well-designed food plan.
    so again what do you think could replace a postworkout shake?

Registered User Marion_Cobretti's Avatar
    Marion_Cobretti is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marion_Cobretti is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marion_Cobretti is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marion_Cobretti is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marion_Cobretti is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marion_Cobretti is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marion_Cobretti is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marion_Cobretti is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marion_Cobretti is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marion_Cobretti is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marion_Cobretti is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    to the OP: how to u think the ancient greek olympians 1000s of years ago bulked? i'm sure they didn't have protein shakes back then.

RichieW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichieW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichieW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichieW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichieW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichieW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichieW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichieW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichieW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichieW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichieW has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Check the sticky about replacing shakes with food pre and post workout. I just find two shakes a day is an easy way to get 1000 calories, if you'd rather eat whole food then go for it. A chicken breast with rice and veggies would be a great substitute

Originally Posted by Marion_Cobretti View Post
    to the OP: how to u think the ancient greek olympians 1000s of years ago bulked? i'm sure they didn't have protein shakes back then.
    true very true

Originally Posted by RichieW View Post
    Check the sticky about replacing shakes with food pre and post workout. I just find two shakes a day is an easy way to get 1000 calories, if you'd rather eat whole food then go for it. A chicken breast with rice and veggies would be a great substitute
    sticky? what sticky?

willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ThanksB2God View Post
    any protein with some carbs, try to get it in asap.

Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ThanksB2God View Post
    One thing I try to do is make sure the meal before the workout is pretty good size and doesn't make me feel stuffed or cause me to burp during the workout. Below is an example of my first two meals. I constantly make adjustments from day to day depending on weight, how I feel, available foods and type of workout.

Note: While I'm cooking breakfast, I set the timer on the oven to shut down after 2 hours so I'll have something to eat when I get back from the gym.

Breakfast:
    4 eggs with yokes
    a little fresh garlic
    1/2 cup of onions
    1/4 cup of green peppers
    1/2 cup of pinto beans
    1 large red potato
    1 pluto (fruit)
    10oz skim milk
    20oz water
    5 cups of coffee

About 1 hour later I workout.

Postworkout:
    1 sweet potato
    1 cup of cottage cheese
    1/2 cup of almonds & walnuts mixed
    20oz skim milk

A spinach salad follows about an hour after the postworkout.