robplaysgeetar will become famous soon enough. (+50) robplaysgeetar will become famous soon enough. (+50) robplaysgeetar will become famous soon enough. (+50) robplaysgeetar will become famous soon enough. (+50) robplaysgeetar will become famous soon enough. (+50) robplaysgeetar will become famous soon enough. (+50) robplaysgeetar will become famous soon enough. (+50) robplaysgeetar will become famous soon enough. (+50) robplaysgeetar will become famous soon enough. (+50) robplaysgeetar will become famous soon enough. (+50) robplaysgeetar will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Oh snap, Rob's back.

Yea, came back from an accident and lost gains I had previously made, but at least I can come back bigger than when I started. As much as I don't ant to face the facts though, I am once again in noob status, which means full body workout. Here is what I'm going to be starting soon. I'm going to do about 3 sets per exercise at 6-8 reps starting out. I will be in the gym for about 65-90 minutes a day and overall it will be about 9-10 sets per bodypart on a weekly basis, which is much less than the people who go in doing 16-20 sets per bodypart.

I am not worried about overtraining because overall the volume per workout is more, but per bodypart it is less. Here is the full body workout I am going to be using. I start with different bodyparts each day to account for the fatigue that I will be experiencing towards the end of the workout, thus limiting the amount of work I can do on that particular part.

Workout 1:
    Inline DB Bench
    Dips
    Military Press
    Pullups
    Barbell Rows
    Squats
    Seated Calf-Raises
    DB Curls
    Skullcrushers
    Cable Crunches

Workout 2:
    Lunges
    Standing Calf-Raises
    T-bar Rows
    Chinups
    DB Shoulder Press
    DB Flies
    Dips
    Hammer Curls
    Triceps Pushdown
    Roman Twists

Workout 3:
    Hyperextensions
    Deadlift
    Lat Pulldown
    Flat DB Bench
    Dips
    Romanian Deadlift
    Angled Calf-Raises
    Shrugs
    CGBP
    Barbell Curls

gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would somehow add some more direct hamstring work in there. I prefer any version of the stiff legged deadlift.

And how about rack chins instead of lat pulldowns in that last workout? Are you doing 3 workouts per week. Personally, I would be dead after doing 3 sets per exercise and 3 of those workouts per week. But that's me. I'd like to hear about your progress as you go. You do plan on increasing the weight lifted from workout to workout, correct?
    This is the MOST POWERFUL Muscle Building and Fat Burning Program on THE PLANET...

The WLC Program: http://www.weight-lifting-complete.com/wlc-program.html

I used the WLC Program to build over 70 pounds of muscle onto my small frame. I now weigh in at 240 pounds and 12% body fat at a height of 5'11".

robplaysgeetar will become famous soon enough. (+50) robplaysgeetar will become famous soon enough. (+50) robplaysgeetar will become famous soon enough. (+50) robplaysgeetar will become famous soon enough. (+50) robplaysgeetar will become famous soon enough. (+50) robplaysgeetar will become famous soon enough. (+50) robplaysgeetar will become famous soon enough. (+50) robplaysgeetar will become famous soon enough. (+50) robplaysgeetar will become famous soon enough. (+50) robplaysgeetar will become famous soon enough. (+50) robplaysgeetar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by gainin_muscle View Post
    I would somehow add some more direct hamstring work in there. I prefer any version of the stiff legged deadlift.

And how about rack chins instead of lat pulldowns in that last workout? Are you doing 3 workouts per week. Personally, I would be dead after doing 3 sets per exercise and 3 of those workouts per week. But that's me. I'd like to hear about your progress as you go. You do plan on increasing the weight lifted from workout to workout, correct?
    Yea, I do, and the romanian deadlift is actually more superior for the hams in terms of how it hits them. A true stiff-legged deadlift lifts more with the lower back while the romanian deadlift is done by driving the glutes/hams forward. Not many people realize the slight difference there is. I would do rack chins, but I need to get some endurance and want primarily size, so the lat pulldowns wouldn't hurt. When I can do more pullups per workout and add weight I will ditch the pulldowns completely though.

Also, I do plan on incrementing the weight, but at a slow pace as to not sacrifice form, or growth. No point in lifting heavy if I'm using the wrong muscles!

I had been using a 3 day split that usually consisted of chest/tri, back/bi, shoulders/legs/abs and it ended up being about 24 sets. 6 more sets won't be too bad. After I use the fullbody for a while I'm probably going to switch to this upper/lower, which is taken from one of hola bola's threads. No point in me doing one of his awesome splits right now because I can get more out of a full body since I am a newb again, not to mention that Hola also lifted in high school for sports, which many people fail to realize.

LOWER WORKOUTS

Lower Workout #1
    Squats
    Romanian Deadlifts
    Lunges
    Leg Press
    Leg Extensions
    Calf Raises

Upper Workout #1
    Incline DB Press
    Dips
    Chinups