Spalding13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spalding13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spalding13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spalding13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spalding13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spalding13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spalding13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spalding13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spalding13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spalding13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spalding13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Muscle soreness and cutting?

Hi guys!I want to ask when in a cut is it nescesery to get muscle soreness after each workout to ensure that you prevent mass loss ?And another question concerning reps and sets:
    When bulking for i do the following amount of sets
    chest-10-12 sets 8-10 reps
    back-10-12sets 8-10 reps
    biceps-8 sets of 10-15 and 8-10 reps
    tric-same as biceps
    legs-10 sets -8-10reps(squats) 10-15(machines)
    shoulders-7 sets for each part 15-20 reps
    traps-6 sets 15-20 reps
    calves-7 sets 10-15 reps
    forearms-6 sets 20-25 reps
    deadlift-5 sets 8-10 reps
    abs-2 times every week 12-14sets 10-20 and 20-30 reps and some sets to failure
    How should i cut my reps and sets when cutting and my workout time?My workout when bulking is about an hour and a half?
    And should i do cardio since i go to school from 8p.m. to 1.30 and im always walking around all day?

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    soreness has nothing to do with anything other than the muscle itself being sore, especially muscle retention.
    A routine doesnt change unless you want to take away sets for recovery, its a misconception that high reps "burn" fat that just wont die. You dont need cardio to lose fat, fat loss is from diet, not exercise.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Spalding13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spalding13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spalding13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spalding13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spalding13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spalding13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spalding13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spalding13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spalding13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spalding13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spalding13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So i should keep my routine the same?

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if you cannot recover from it, reduce total working sets by one or two then add them back when you are eating in a surplus again. You should be fine is you arent doing super heavy squats and deadlifts though since they are really hard on the body (below 5 reps)
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You can speed up recovery SIGNIFICANTLY by proper pre AND post workout stretching, self myofacial release (foam roling), and active recovery (ie a light jog, a light workout).

There are other things but those are the big ones.

Not to mention theres usually a "break in" period when starting a new routine where your body gets excessively sore the first couple of weeks. And you will slowly become more efficient at recovering. Although im pretty sure everyone will (almost) always get sore after doing heavy squats/deads

What about cardio?1-2 times a week fast sprints on the treadmill for 10 minutes are sufficent ?Whats your oppinion on low carb diets?

calorie deficit=fat loss
    You do not need cardio to lose fat, do not do low carb unless you have some blood sugar issue.

Yeah i've tried it for quite some time,but im more fatigued and i feel much more 'squishy' since my glycogen is depleted and just fat sticks on me like glue even if im on a defecit.IMO LCD doesent work too well for everyone,besides i'm very busy all day long and my mind is fogued since i go like about 60-70gr of carbs each day and i feel i cant think properly,and the brain uses glucose for energy.
    Should i try a balanced diet with 3 meals a day ?

btw my training split looks like this:
    Chest+biceps+forearms
    Abs+legs+low intensity cardio
    Rest
    Back+Triceps+Forearms
    Abs+deadlift
    Shoulders+Traps+neck
    Rest
    Give your oppinion guys should i change it?

dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Spalding13 View Post
    btw my training split looks like this:
    Chest+biceps+forearms
    Abs+legs+low intensity cardio
    Rest
    Back+Triceps+Forearms
    Abs+deadlift
    Shoulders+Traps+neck
    Rest
    Give your oppinion guys should i change it?
    Youre hitting each muscle group once a week.

I think thats less than ideal for someone who is a beginner, and since youre 18 that would certainly classify you.

Go with a routine that hits each muscle group 2 or 3 times a week.

Total body routine, upper/lower split, PPL etc etc.

Theres tons of options, but once a week aint cuttin it

Nah,i wouldnt say that im a beginner,i have trained for over 2-3 years now?Why is training each bodypart once in a week too less?And besides i always trained like this ( not exactly but the same principle) and always worked for me?if i train upper/lower and hitting a muscle 2-3 times in a week isnt that considered overtraining?And if not could some one give me and example of how this workout should look like(sets,reps)?Maybe this type of training isnt so long and hard since im cutting and in the end of my workout im really losing my strenght and energy?

Thanks for the advice bro!

UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why would he need to do a split that hits everything twice in a week, especially while cutting in a calorie deficit? From my experience, when your cutting you don't need to train for hypertrophy like you would when trying to add mass. Just enough to know it's a good workout, and that you hit the target muscle good enough. I don't go by a set amount of reps either. I usually just do 3-4 sets and one warmup set of around like 20+ reps. Most of the time for compound lifts. I just listen to my body, instead of doing set amount of reps. I do train until failure, but I don't see a need to take it to the same extreme as you would during a bulk. Although I do try to include lower weight, high volume, and heavy weight, low volume on most of my lifts. I've read benefits of both, so I figure why not just include them both in my workouts.

Just my take on it, everyone does it different.

I just ussualy drop 2-3 max 4 sets in each workout when cutting at the moment and seems to work well for me and for ''Although I do try to include lower weight, high volume, and heavy weight, low volume on most of my lifts. I've read benefits of both, so I figure why not just include them both in my workouts.'' i ussualy work out the same way for almost everything?
    And you're right you should listen to your body instead of counting sets and reps but for me its a way of measurment to make sure im not overtraining!So for now caloric defecit is No.1 priority No.2 is Training and not overtraining No.3and Carb cycling at each given day of the weak!
    Another question is how do you know when to stop cutting guys ?

Thanks!