Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Party Lifestyle vs Bodybuilding Lifestyle (Very Serious)

I decided to post this in the workout programs because I assume people who have specific programs towards reaching their goals of either cutting or bulking take bodybuilding serious..

I guess my biggest problem lately has been reaching goals and maintaining the happy lifestyle I want. It seems lately that its one or the other. I can either focus most of my energy on bodybuilding and come out on top with great results that I'm looking for and I really do love it. I sometimes have to remind myself not to go on my off days even though I can't wait to step back in the gym.

The truth is lately and its leading to depression is the fact that I'm self sabotaging myself repeatedly and I've developed a binge eating disorder that I've hidden for a while and usually no one can tell.

Here is a typical week for me, my day's usually officially begin on the weekend and for Sat, Sun, I work my ass of in the gym and finish with running in the morning. By monday, I'm fully confident and couldn't be any happier. My diet is in check with my foods and I'm very outgoing.

So middle week I'm bored with going home after work then lifting, then eating, then sleeping. Weekend rolls around and between work there is nothing there for me but a couple days off. I urge to go out and meet people when I do take control of a situation or a set a place to go with friends its so hard for me to fit in not eating with them at the bar or drinking with them.

If I give in and drink for that time being I won't give a care about anything else and one drink leads to another and I start pigging out. Later going home I'm so upset with myself and my actions, disgusted with how I look I usually order a couple burgers and buy an ice-cream pint with a few ice-cream sandwiches and pig out until I fall asleep. I get this high relax feeling which makes me feel good.

the next day I feel like **** and it shows by the way I sound, dress and look I feel as everyone is judging me and I've gained weight. I know its all mental but I can't help to change the feelings inside. Since I messed up that specific night before I tend to skip the gym everyday after and eat whatever I want and start "fresh" on Sat morning.

This has been going on and off for a couple weeks now and I have no excuse not to stop it but I honest to god try so hard to stop myself and I can't control it.. I feel like I've really lost control and I hate myself badly for it. I WILL be calling my DR to get a psychologist to talk to but this is killing me.

I'm not trying to be a model but I am trying to reach certain goals. I can either work out and FEEL so Great and it shows, I get so much accomplished but I feel lonely and out of place with people... when I do finally party with people and loosen up I ruined my goals or at least my hard work for the week.

How do you people manage a lifestyle where you can enjoy bodybuilding but also enjoy the benefits of a life.. Woman, party, Events, and more?
    "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful."

gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just a short answer here: You've got to stop letting things bother you so much. If you go out one night and have some drinks and eat some bad food, it's not going to hurt your progress that much. What is hurting you is letting it bother you! You can have fun. I always believed that a night of some fun will do more harm than hurt! Just don't make it a habit and do it all the time. If that's what is happening, then you need to work on it more. There's a balance. You just have to find it.
    This is the MOST POWERFUL Muscle Building and Fat Burning Program on THE PLANET...

The WLC Program: http://www.weight-lifting-complete.com/wlc-program.html

I used the WLC Program to build over 70 pounds of muscle onto my small frame. I now weigh in at 240 pounds and 12% body fat at a height of 5'11".

LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I def. know how you feel in some sense. I like to go out and have a good time at the bar on weekends, but it inhibits my workouts. I personally set a goal of just going out one night a week, and make my gym schedule in such a way that i do not miss any workouts and so it does not effect me.
    It's All About The Game, And How You Play It...

gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm telling ya, a night of boozing/eating bad probably puts me back two days of working out. Do it all weekend and I just wasted a week of working out. Then again, maybe I worked out that week for a heck of a good weekend. Either way.

Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So most of you only go out say once or twice in a week? How do you make friends or go places?

The problem is people swear I have this busy life but the truth is I don't.. I keep myself busy doing things but I'm lacking friends. So I'm trying my best to go out and talk with everyone but I feel like I were to hold back stay home that I'm missing out on life while everyone else is out there enjoying it. If I don't plan anything with anyone then my weekends are empty and I'm alone day and night then its back to work.

When I go drinking and partying up I always meet people and sometimes get numbers but how can I feel that same happiness without the need to drink booze and eat dirty food withing having an anxiety that I'm not fitting in.
    Last edited by Darkwatcher758; 06-03-2008 at 02:30 PM.
    "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful."

Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000)
    1-3 drinks a day isn't bad for you, it's actually good. That being said when you go out for a night a weekend to clubs or bars or whatever it's fine to have a few more than 3. I don't see why when you meet you need to always go out drinking with them? Can't you guys go play hoops or some physical activity? It's up to you man what you make of your life so stop making excuses and complaining, man up, and do something.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Gandalf The Grey

RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The key is all things in moderation. Don't obsess over one thing so much that it intrudes on another. Thats all.

Everyone likes to go out and have a good time, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But do it in moderation. Lets just say you go out to a bar one day over the weekend, have a few drinks, and meet a few a people. It's not going to kill your bodybuilding routine. The biggest mistake people make is to think that this journey is short...it's not. Bodybuilding is a lifestyle, its going to be something you do for the rest of your life in order to promote greater health and happiness. One night out on the town isn't going to wreck the rest of your life.

You goto a gym right? I'm assuming you do....Do you talk to people there? Obviously if being at the gym is something you enjoy, chances are there is other people there who do as well. I've met several good friends, people I see at the gym regularly, who have common interests with me and respect that when we hang out I'm not going to drink my ass off.

All in all, I think the best advice I can give ya comes from Dr. Suess; "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind". Just gotta find some friends who you can loosen up around and who also enjoy you for you.