mjo8585 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

body dysmorphic disorder

I was recently diagnosed with this disease. I was wondering if it can affect my progress at wieght training. I eat clean and everything, but I was wondering if the mental stress can affect my body's metabolism or cause me to gain more fat than usual. I would also like to hear from anyone that has or has had this disease to see how they treated it. Thank you for the reply's

tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm not sure but since nobody else has replied I think it's a completely mental problem, so it shouldn't directly affect your metabolism or fat loss - your diet will though.

ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by mjo8585 View Post
    I was recently diagnosed with this disease. I was wondering if it can affect my progress at wieght training. I eat clean and everything, but I was wondering if the mental stress can affect my body's metabolism or cause me to gain more fat than usual. I would also like to hear from anyone that has or has had this disease to see how they treated it. Thank you for the reply's
    ive actually read up on this disorder and i can honestly tell you that at least 50% or more of the people on these threads have this as well...they may not be honest and say that they do, but obviously theres a problem. now would i think that it should effect your training..not at all. i think youd be more willing to train and it would be more of a personal matter to ridding yourself of it. its basically all mental..just re evaluate why you are training and understand that you need to enjoy life as well..dont let the lifestyle consume you
    There is ALWAYS room for improvement.