Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: bad news for me

gymratharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymratharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymratharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymratharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymratharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymratharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymratharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymratharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymratharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymratharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymratharris will become famous soon enough. (+50)

bad news for me

I'm coming off of a great 8 week training cycle where I set a bench press PR at 375 and have been progressing pretty well on squat and deadlift form. I was planning on doing my first meet August 9th.

Yesterday I broke my radius in a flag football tourney and may need surgery later this week. I'm very upset over this and now have to start all over. I probably can't lift much, if any, for the next 4-6 weeks at least.
    best lifts:
    bench press 380x1 315x7 225x 25
    squat: 525x1
    deadlifts: 520x1

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by gymratharris View Post
    I'm coming off of a great 8 week training cycle where I set a bench press PR at 375 and have been progressing pretty well on squat and deadlift form. I was planning on doing my first meet August 9th.

Yesterday I broke my radius in a flag football tourney and may need surgery later this week. I'm very upset over this and now have to start all over. I probably can't lift much, if any, for the next 4-6 weeks at least.
    dude. that's horrible. I feel for you man, that's just a damn shame. I been watching how hard you're working towards a 405 bench and damn...hope you recover quickly and your muscle memory helps you out post rehab.
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm sorry to hear that. I wish you the best and speediest recovery possible. Keep us informed with how it goes. I just looked up what the radius is, have you talked to the doc about working lower body and possibly squatting with a SSB? Again good luck with a full recovery
    Consistency

KentPower is just really nice. (+1000) KentPower is just really nice. (+1000) KentPower is just really nice. (+1000) KentPower is just really nice. (+1000) KentPower is just really nice. (+1000) KentPower is just really nice. (+1000) KentPower is just really nice. (+1000) KentPower is just really nice. (+1000) KentPower is just really nice. (+1000) KentPower is just really nice. (+1000) KentPower is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ouch. At least if it's a broken bone recovery time should be short, and as isaku said muscle memory should help you out afterwards.
    Infrequent poster.

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wish you all the best, recovery fully and quickly and get back at it THe iron will be there, waiting for you !
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Sorry to hear about that. I hope you heal up asap and get back to training.

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NASAKYCHAIRMAN

Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    **** man, sorry.

Good luck with your recovery.

hates you, probably. PotKettleBlack's Avatar
    PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ****, son. Never nice. Hope all is healed asap.
    BRB' Projectile Vomitin'

Alpha Beard Crew!

bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I had to look up what that was too, and i wish you the best man. Like Code_B said, you might want to look into squatting with a SSB, but loading plates might suck. Im sure your muscle memory will bring you back quick, and get some good wrist wraps for when you get back, im sure you'll need them
    My log:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113353861

My friends. My family. I ask of you one final time to gather before me.
    Tonight we shall leave this earth as legends. Our only way to never die.
    This will be our requiem.
    In the company of death we walk side by side.
    Cast your differences aside for the lives sacraficed.
    I ask one final time to unite.
    Earn the right to stand with pride.
    We are in the company of death.

gymratharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymratharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymratharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymratharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymratharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymratharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymratharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymratharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymratharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymratharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymratharris will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the support. I go to the doctor Tuesday to find out for sure if I need surgery or not but the doc I saw yesterday was fairly certain.

As far as training goes, i'm not sure if my gym has an SSB or not. I have thought about trying some leg presses, leg curls, hyperextensions etc but not sure what to do yet. It's gonna be real tough to stay away from the gym too long though.

Would there be any point at all to still training some movements with just my left arm? Then maybe let the muscle memory work for my right arm? probably not I guess.

I'll update this after my doc appt on tuesday
    best lifts:

bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks for the support. I go to the doctor Tuesday to find out for sure if I need surgery or not but the doc I saw yesterday was fairly certain.

As far as training goes, i'm not sure if my gym has an SSB or not. I have thought about trying some leg presses, leg curls, hyperextensions etc but not sure what to do yet. It's gonna be real tough to stay away from the gym too long though.

Would there be any point at all to still training some movements with just my left arm? Then maybe let the muscle memory work for my right arm? probably not I guess.

I'll update this after my doc appt on tuesday

this might put even more strain on your wrist but im throwen it out there http://www.irongladiators.com/index....flexsolate.cfm

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.asp?qid=34649&tid=
    Last edited by bigred90; 06-01-2008 at 02:02 PM.

Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bigred90 View Post
    this might put even more strain on your wrist but im throwen it out there http://www.irongladiators.com/index....flexsolate.cfm
    lol yeah that seems like a horrible idea, but I couuld be wrong too. When Layne Norton hurt his pec he showed some research about how working one side can retain muscle mass on the other. Not sure if thats just for hypertrophy purposes and you can do stuff for strength as well but you can search through his thread and check it out. He also suggested "isometric flexing???" I think to warbird who had to get shoulder surgery. Just something to look in to.
    Consistency

I can't really grip anything right now and probably for a little while. The bone is broken midway up my forearm so that is where the pain is.....my wrist should be fine. The way its broken effects the turning/rotating motion (like turning a screwdriver). It should heal well from what Iunderstand so far.
    best lifts:

breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey man, I'm really sorry. I know I would be freaking out if I was in your position. A lot of lifters have injuries though and come back and do better than ever, so don't lose heart.

tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Code_B View Post
    lol yeah that seems like a horrible idea, but I couuld be wrong too. When Layne Norton hurt his pec he showed some research about how working one side can retain muscle mass on the other. Not sure if thats just for hypertrophy purposes and you can do stuff for strength as well but you can search through his thread and check it out. He also suggested "isometric flexing???" I think to warbird who had to get shoulder surgery. Just something to look in to.

I think things like single arm db press and shoulder press do this kind of thing because of the extra stability involved.

What about single arm dumbell snatches and cleans?

Personally I would do as much lower body work as possible in the hope it would help.

Sorry to hear about your arm. Hope you heal up well.
    Weak in the gym, weak in the kitchen.

5-3-1 Spreadsheet I've made, feel free to use it http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yxnn0dtrw3j

miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah it sucks i was almost at a 500 bench until i broke my hand.so yeah it does suck.

that was worth the read, hope it helps OP. I can only imagine what dynamik gets to laugh at with Bell and Hoss talken **** at each other

StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000)
    I loled hard at "did your 87 pound face help at all" That dudes funny.

billyjoelfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billyjoelfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billyjoelfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billyjoelfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billyjoelfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billyjoelfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billyjoelfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billyjoelfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billyjoelfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billyjoelfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billyjoelfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    that was worth the read, hope it helps OP. I can only imagine what dynamik gets to laugh at with Bell and Hoss talken **** at each other
    hurry up and get over here and find out
    "oh hai diana-meeque" - Newtime

Originally Posted by billyjoelfan View Post
    hurry up and get over here and find out
    haha yeaaaa. How hard is it to make a living in cali?

billyjoelfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billyjoelfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billyjoelfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billyjoelfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billyjoelfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billyjoelfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billyjoelfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billyjoelfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billyjoelfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billyjoelfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billyjoelfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    haha yeaaaa. How hard is it to make a living in cali?
    i'm not old enough to know.

currently i'm living paycheck to paycheck (like most kids my age, i assume). thank god I live with my dad and don't have to pay him rent cause i don't make ****. lol
    "oh hai diana-meeque" - Newtime

Originally Posted by billyjoelfan View Post
    i'm not old enough to know.

currently i'm living paycheck to paycheck (like most kids my age, i assume). thank god I live with my dad and don't have to pay him rent cause i don't make ****. lol
    haha. Anytime you talk to anyone about Cali here they go off about how there 4 bedroom house that cost them 150k would cost over 500k in cali...

haha. Anytime you talk to anyone about Cali here they go off about how there 4 bedroom house that cost them 150k would cost over 500k in cali...
    500k? maybe if you want to live in the ghetto... or Bakersfield
    Consistency

AusLifter06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AusLifter06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AusLifter06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AusLifter06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AusLifter06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AusLifter06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AusLifter06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AusLifter06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AusLifter06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AusLifter06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AusLifter06 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This **** happens... Stay positive, be patient and you'll be back in the game beating your old PRs before long.

Originally Posted by AusLifter06 View Post
    This **** happens... Stay positive, be patient and you'll be back in the game beating your old PRs before long.
    x2 again. Sorry to hijack your thread, didn't mean to and its a bad habit
    Consistency

500k? maybe if you want to live in the ghetto... or Bakersfield
    500k for the ghetto? GOOD LORD 500k here pretty much means you have a latin maid doing everything for you, a pool boy, and a banging wife thats 10 years younger than you

I have surgery this afternoon and am already scheduled for therapy on Monday and a follow up appointment on June 17th. The surgeon talked like I might be able to lift fairly soon but I'll know more after today.
    best lifts:

I have surgery this afternoon and am already scheduled for therapy on Monday and a follow up appointment on June 17th. The surgeon talked like I might be able to lift fairly soon but I'll know more after today.
    good luck with the procedure
    Consistency

Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000)

Look up natural bodybuilder pro Layne Nortons bodyspace page. He tore his pec muscle and cant move his right arm from his side..and he still squats over 400 lbs with just using one arm. So check that out. Real inspirational. he will be out from working upper body for about 6 months. Try dealing with that lol
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0