sonicam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bent Over Barbell or Seated Cable Row?

Ok, I'm trying out my new program and I attempted Bent Over BB Rows. I wasn't sure of the formation so I asked someone and he claimed that it was for lower back, and not for the middle back. He seemed pretty knowledgeable and knew what he was doing as he pointed me out to other middle back exercises that agreed, Cable Row being one of them. I was wondering, which of these exercises are better? I'd like to learn Bent over BB Rows, but unsure of the formation. On the Supersite's video, I seemed to do what he was doing, knees slightly bent and back almost paralell to the floor. I remember reading in a topic that I can't really remember that you have to deweight the bb after each rep. This wasn't done in the short video on the site. Can someone help me out? Thanks.

almost at stage weight! Squizzzer's Avatar
    Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    don't listen to that dude.....

bb rows are mid back and lats...cable rows are good too....

and just so you know...form, isn't short for formation...its just form...
    NSCA-CPT

Getting THICK!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117797281

PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well there are 4 great rowing excercises that I like to do.

Bent Over Barbell Rows
    1 Arm Dumbell Rows (Lawnmowers)
    T-bar Rows
    Seated Cable Rows

I ususally include 2 of the above excercises in my back workout along with 2 lats excercises like pulldowns and chins. Then finish of with 2 biceps excercises. Which 2 u choose is up to you but the important thing is that you include at least 1 of the 1st 2 that I listed. And it is good to switch them around after a period of 8-12 weeks for variety. You can also alternate them each week if u prefer?

PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000)
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/schultz63.htm

A good article about my favorite middle back excercise.

Squizzzer: Ok, thanx, I figured as much. I don't quite understand what you mean by the form comment however. Do you know the proper way of doing the Bent over Rows?

PimpedHerOut: Thanks so much for the info, I'm going to read that article now. Yea, I've been doing One armed DB rows for a while and wanted to try something new. I'm going to try to get the Bent over rows down.
    Last edited by sonicam; 05-31-2008 at 08:37 PM. Reason: New post

J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Keep doing the BB rows, and DO NOT deload (deweight)

Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Squizzzer View Post
    bb rows are mid back and lats...
    Yes sir you are right.

Just keep hitting a lot of sets and a lotta sweat and you will grow a big back quickly

Ok, thanx so much, I'm going keep them in my routine.

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Bo DeLone View Post
    Yes sir you are right.

[b[Just keep hitting a lot of sets[/b] and a lotta sweat and you will grow a big back quickly
    how many sets is "a lot"? Like...75 per week? Or maybe 8? Somewhere in that range right?

Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer View Post
    how many sets is "a lot"? Like...75 per week? Or maybe 8? Somewhere in that range right?
    Yup. I think that back is a high volume muscle group. It seems to respond to a lot of sets and reps.

I am not sure the exact number of sets because there are so many different exercises and a set of barbell bent over rows is much more taxing than a set of cable rows.