Page 1 of 185 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

"Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power" (daY's Log)

Hai guise

My other journal started on the wrong foot so I decided to delete it and start a fresh one with my goals, training and diet in it. I also decided to move it to this section where I know I can get more (and better) advices and less spamming.

For those who don't know me ( ), my name is Valerie. I'm 21 and I'm studying Political science at the University of Montreal. I also work in a gym as a supp rep (nothing to do with that here, on BBing.com).

My goals for this summer are to stay injuries-free, to get leaner and to improve my conditioning. Strength is really important for me, and I wouldn't jeopardize the quality of my workouts to simply lose weight or become a world class runner.

Here are some basic goals I have :
    - Get down to 132 lbs so I can eventually compete in the 60 kg weight class.
    - Deadlifts : 2x BW
    - Squats : 1.5x BW
    - Bench : 1x BW

These aren't impressive numbers but I know it's a start. So far, my 1RM are 225/165/125 @ 155 lbs and before I had some physical problems/injuries (will talk about that eventually).

:::: Past injuries ::::
    Left knee, left hip, right shoulders, RC (right side), head problems (trauma + concussions... CNS tends to get fried quickly and easily. Will share more about that later).

:::: Routine ::::
    I'm going to go back on a 5x5 routine. Made good gains with it last year but I'm afraid I'm starting with 1RM that are much lower and weaker this time. As long as I'm improve, I'm okay and happy with the numbers, even if they're conservative for now.

Cardio will be done on non-training days and will consist of HIIT followed by some cool-down on the elliptical machine.

:::: Diet ::::
    I try to eat three solid meals a day with balanced proten/fat/carbs. I usually train early in the morning so I take some whey blend + fruits pre-workout and WPI + Gatorade powder PWO in addition to these three meals.

Well, I guess that's it
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

OneCoolDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneCoolDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneCoolDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneCoolDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneCoolDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneCoolDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneCoolDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneCoolDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneCoolDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneCoolDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneCoolDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whoo it's hard to keep up with all the moving, but hai Val, subbed!

SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by daYDreAmErX View Post
    Hai guise

My other journal started on the wrong foot so I decided to delete it and start a fresh one with my goals, training and diet in it. I also decided to move it to this section where I know I can get more (and better) advices and less spamming.

For those who don't know me ( ), my name is Valerie. I'm 21 and I'm studying Political science at the University of Montreal. I also work in a gym as a supp rep (nothing to do with that here, on BBing.com).

My goals for this summer are to stay injuries-free, to get leaner and to improve my conditioning. Strength is really important for me, and I wouldn't jeopardize the quality of my workouts to simply lose weight or become a world class runner.

Here are some basic goals I have :
    - Get down to 132 lbs so I can eventually compete in the 60 kg weight class.
    - Deadlifts : 2x BW
    - Squats : 1.5x BW
    - Bench : 1x BW

These aren't impressive numbers but I know it's a start. So far, my 1RM are 225/165/125 @ 155 lbs and before I had some physical problems/injuries (will talk about that eventually).

:::: Past injuries ::::
    Left knee, left hip, right shoulders, RC (right side), head problems (trauma + concussions... CNS tends to get fried quickly and easily. Will share more about that later).

:::: Routine ::::
    I'm going to go back on a 5x5 routine. Made good gains with it last year but I'm afraid I'm starting with 1RM that are much lower and weaker this time. As long as I'm improve, I'm okay and happy with the numbers, even if they're conservative for now.

Cardio will be done on non-training days and will consist of HIIT followed by some cool-down on the elliptical machine.

:::: Diet ::::
    I try to eat three solid meals a day with balanced proten/fat/carbs. I usually train early in the morning so I take some whey blend + fruits pre-workout and WPI + Gatorade powder PWO in addition to these three meals.

Well, I guess that's it
    Awesome. And for your numbers (225/165/125) what order is that in? I would normally assume squat/bench/dead, but that doesn't seem right considering what your goals are.
    My PL training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115903511

Power Shrugzz FTW! Westside_Reflex's Avatar
    Westside_Reflex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westside_Reflex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westside_Reflex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westside_Reflex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westside_Reflex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westside_Reflex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westside_Reflex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westside_Reflex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westside_Reflex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westside_Reflex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westside_Reflex is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up

hey val, good luck!

subbed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1016921&page=47
    Beware all ye who enter. insanely heavy liftin' awaits....

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SoaringSwine View Post
    Awesome. And for your numbers (225/165/125) what order is that in? I would normally assume squat/bench/dead, but that doesn't seem right considering what your goals are.
    It's DL/Sq/Bench.
    Government is for slaves

BJJ + Navy log:

HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sub'd. Good luck with nailing those goals, although you should hit em no problem.

June-1 (Cardio/Conditioning)

Stationary Bike
    5 min warmup
    5 min HI
    2 min LI
    5 min HI
    2 min LI
    5 min HI
    2 min LI
    5 min HI
    2 min LI
    5 min cool-down

>> Total time : 38 min
    >> Calories burned : 397

Notes
    Hai guise

That was a really good cardio session and I'm proud I did it considering that I'm not had a ****ty week, a ****ty night of sleep and a ****ty day. Well, now it's done

Can't wait to be back in the gym tomorrow !

Have a good day,
    Government is for slaves

BJJ + Navy log:

Diet -
    Meal 1 : 2 scoops UP 2.0 with fiber supplement, 3 caps salmon oil
    Meal 2 : 6oz chicken breast, 1c green beans, 1c vegetables juice (all mixed)
    Meal 3 : 350g FF plain yogurt, 2 oranges
    Meal 4 : 2 cans tuna, 1c broccoli, 1oz almonds
    Meal 5 : 1 scoop WPI, 4tbsp flaxseeds (powdered), 3 caps salmon oil

Water intake : 1 gallon

Good day, feeling much better with a clean diet. Woke up a little late so I didn't eat much but that's fine. Gym tomorrow.
    Last edited by daYDreAmErX; 06-01-2008 at 01:48 PM.
    Government is for slaves

BJJ + Navy log:

bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    sub'd looken forward to it
    My log:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113353861

My friends. My family. I ask of you one final time to gather before me.
    Tonight we shall leave this earth as legends. Our only way to never die.
    This will be our requiem.
    In the company of death we walk side by side.
    Cast your differences aside for the lives sacraficed.
    I ask one final time to unite.
    Earn the right to stand with pride.
    We are in the company of death.

Originally Posted by OneCoolDude View Post
    Whoo it's hard to keep up with all the moving, but hai Val, subbed!
    Originally Posted by Westside_Reflex View Post
    hey val, good luck!

subbed
    Originally Posted by HumanHorrorFilm View Post
    Sub'd. Good luck with nailing those goals, although you should hit em no problem.
    Originally Posted by bigred90 View Post
    sub'd looken forward to it
    Thanks guys I appreciate the support !
    Government is for slaves

BJJ + Navy log:

AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    training journal ADD, it keeps moving! subbed, for now until it moves again
    "Don't Talk About It - Be About It"

Core Nutritionals Rep
    "Crush IT"

NSCA-CSCS Certified Personal Trainer - PM for Online Training/Nutrition Consultation

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    subbed.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

June-2 (Workout A)

Squats (ATG)
    60x5x1
    75x5x1
    90x5x1
    105x5x1
    120x5x1

Flat BB Bench Press
    45x5x1
    60x5x1
    70x5x1
    80x5x1
    95x5x1

Power Cleans
    45x5x1
    55x5x1
    65x5x1
    75x5x1
    85x5x1

Hyperextensions
    BW+25x10x2

Decline Situps
    BW+25x12x4

Notes
    Morning guise

First early morning workout in two months or so, it's good to be back on the morning shift Had a good first workout on this 5x5 cycle, numbers are conservative but I'm okay with that - I have an idea where that's gonna lead me and I'm glad with the numbers I'm gonna put up in the next weeks.

Nothing much to say, just have to shower - eat - go to summer classes. I work this afternoon so it's a busy day for me.

val
    Last edited by daYDreAmErX; 06-02-2008 at 04:05 AM.
    Government is for slaves

BJJ + Navy log:

Diet -
    Meal 1 : 2 scoops UP 2.0 with fiber supplement, 3 caps salmon oil
    Meal 2 : 1.5 scoops WPI, 1 scoop Gatorade powder
    Meal 3 : 1.25c Vector cereals, 1c skim milk
    Meal 4 : 6oz chicken breast, 1c broccoli, 1tbsp EVOO
    Meal 5 : 2 scoops whey blend, 4tbsp flaxseeds (powdered)

Water intake : 1 gallon + 1L during training

Trying to vary my carb source and add more fibers to my diet (close to 25g/day). Not counting the cals precisely, I'm just playing around and if the weight doesn't go down, I'll adjust in time.
    Government is for slaves

BJJ + Navy log:

wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In on 1st page of new journal

Nice early morning workout Val

Goals seem good, you can definately get them!
    IG: waldronconstruction

rebuilding the bulldozer homelifter's Avatar
    homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good luck Val.
    My Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=664713

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

I don't ask for much on my daily goals.....just one more rep than last time.

When you stand firm in your beliefs...the people who don't will pass in and out of your life...the ones who stand with you..those are your friends.

5G is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5G is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5G is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5G is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5G is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5G is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5G is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5G is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5G is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5G is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5G is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    great work!

why can't there be more girls like you in the US? that would be my dream gf

Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hello, just found this. You powerclean more than I do. Looking forward to following along
    Consistency

Power Shrugzz FTW! Westside_Reflex's Avatar
    Westside_Reflex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westside_Reflex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westside_Reflex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westside_Reflex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westside_Reflex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westside_Reflex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westside_Reflex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westside_Reflex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westside_Reflex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westside_Reflex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westside_Reflex is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up

good work val
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1016921&page=47
    Beware all ye who enter. insanely heavy liftin' awaits....

Originally Posted by wala View Post
    In on 1st page of new journal

Nice early morning workout Val

Goals seem good, you can definately get them!
    Thanks wala !! Long time no see !!

Originally Posted by homelifter View Post
    Good luck Val.
    Thanks Jon !

Originally Posted by NotMeAgain View Post
    great work!

why can't there be more girls like you in the US? that would be my dream gf
    Sorry

Originally Posted by Westside_Reflex View Post
    good work val
    Thanks West.
    Government is for slaves

BJJ + Navy log:

bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    June-2 (Workout A)

Squats (ATG)
    60x5x1
    75x5x1
    90x5x1
    105x5x1
    120x5x1

Flat BB Bench Press
    45x5x1
    60x5x1
    70x5x1
    80x5x1
    95x5x1

Power Cleans
    45x5x1
    55x5x1
    65x5x1
    75x5x1
    85x5x1

Hyperextensions
    BW+25x10x2

Decline Situps
    BW+25x12x4

Notes
    Morning guise

First early morning workout in two months or so, it's good to be back on the morning shift Had a good first workout on this 5x5 cycle, numbers are conservative but I'm okay with that - I have an idea where that's gonna lead me and I'm glad with the numbers I'm gonna put up in the next weeks.

Nothing much to say, just have to shower - eat - go to summer classes. I work this afternoon so it's a busy day for me.

val

very nice workout. Is this a ripptoes but with ramping sets?

AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    short, sweet, and effetive. great start to this log. now try and keep this one for at least a month!
    "Don't Talk About It - Be About It"

Core Nutritionals Rep
    "Crush IT"

NSCA-CSCS Certified Personal Trainer - PM for Online Training/Nutrition Consultation

very nice workout. Is this a ripptoes but with ramping sets?
    It's the 5x5 program designed by Madcow. Here's the link :

Bill Starr 5x5 - Linear Version for Intermediate Lifters

Originally Posted by AllGenetix View Post
    short, sweet, and effetive. great start to this log. now try and keep this one for at least a month!
    Will do
    Government is for slaves

BJJ + Navy log:

Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I noticed that you never acknowledged me
    Consistency

Originally Posted by Code_B View Post
    I noticed that you never acknowledged me
    Ohai
    Government is for slaves

BJJ + Navy log:

It's the 5x5 program designed by Madcow. Here's the link :

Bill Starr 5x5 - Linear Version for Intermediate Lifters

Will do
    o duh my bad. i didnt realize he had power cleans in his routine

o duh my bad. i didnt realize he had power cleans in his routine
    Actually Madcow recommends Pendlay rows and incline or OH press... I'm going with power cleans and push presses intead. You could also substitute deadlifts by high pulls.
    Government is for slaves

BJJ + Navy log:

I talked about it previously...

In my first posts I said I had some "head issues", here's what I have for those who are interested. It's not a common injury, I was suppose to have a surgery but I had problems with the pre-op medication.

Intracranial hemorrhage

It's not a big article with a lot of scientific sh*t but it gives you an idea what I'm going through (and what I've been dealing with for the past few years).
    Government is for slaves

BJJ + Navy log:

In my first posts I said I had some "head issues", here's what I have for those who are interested. It's not a common injury, I was suppose to have a surgery but I had problems with the pre-op medication.

Intracranial hemorrhage

It's not a big article with a lot of scientific sh*t but it gives you an idea what I'm going through (and what I've been dealing with for the past few years).
    yikes the link said its from a burst blood vessel. Does it reoccur or is it something that doesn't go away?
    Consistency

Originally Posted by Code_B View Post
    yikes the link said its from a burst blood vessel. Does it reoccur or is it something that doesn't go away?
    Well I had some meds that were used to make sure the blood keeps circulating properly and the surgery was about drilling a little hole and draining the blood out.
    Government is for slaves

BJJ + Navy log: