Minz19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

HIIT Cardio and Weights on same day?

I'm a big fan of doing HIIT cardio to keep the fat off, its more challenging and fun (i think) than doing slow cardio. As I am more prone to carrying bodyfat, Cardio is a must for me.

I currently weight train three days a week, doing full body workouts for no more than 45 minutes each session. And perform one HIIT cardio session on a seperate day for a total of 25 minutes.

My goal is just to have a powerfull looking frame, with very little body fat.

My question is, is it ok to do both weights and HIIT on the same day? If so, how would the schedule look like?

infiltratecky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) infiltratecky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do my work out then do 15-20 mins of HIIT carido right after and on my days off ill do 45 mins of HIIT carido. And i find it to work real good for me. I am building lean muscle and building less fat this way.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Minz19 View Post
    I'm a big fan of doing HIIT cardio to keep the fat off, its more challenging and fun (i think) than doing slow cardio. As I am more prone to carrying bodyfat, Cardio is a must for me.

I currently weight train three days a week, doing full body workouts for no more than 45 minutes each session. And perform one HIIT cardio session on a seperate day for a total of 25 minutes.

My goal is just to have a powerfull looking frame, with very little body fat.

My question is, is it ok to do both weights and HIIT on the same day? If so, how would the schedule look like?
    You could.

If you MUST do them in the same session, weights first.

Anyhow, 6-8 hour difference would be optimal if you're doing 2x day. Make sure you have good pre-, intra-, and post- exercise nutrition for both sessions. Take a nap in between if you need to.

Might want to experiment with the order to see which way yields better oveall performance and energy.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Minz19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    You could.

If you MUST do them in the same session, weights first.

Anyhow, 6-8 hour difference would be optimal if you're doing 2x day. Make sure you have good pre-, intra-, and post- exercise nutrition for both sessions. Take a nap in between if you need to.

Might want to experiment with the order to see which way yields better oveall performance and energy.

Would something like this be suitable then:

Monday: Morning - HIIT Cardio
    Evening - Weights

Wednesday: Morning - HIIT Cardio
    Evening - Weights

Friday: Morning - HIIT Cardio
    Evening - Weights

would HIIT in the morning on an empty stomach be hard on the Body? or breakfast first?

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Minz19 View Post
    Would something like this be suitable then:

Monday: Morning - HIIT Cardio
    Evening - Weights

Wednesday: Morning - HIIT Cardio
    Evening - Weights

Friday: Morning - HIIT Cardio
    Evening - Weights

would HIIT in the morning on an empty stomach be hard on the Body? or breakfast first?
    Typically unfed HIIT isn't a good idea since it's hard for many people to perform at a sufficient duration and intensity for it to be effective and it cuts into recovery. HIIT is an anaerobic activity and it relies heavily upon the glycolysis pathway - meaning the activity is fueled by blood glucose, muscle glyocgen, and liver glycogen. And when these become low, there is a tendenacy to mobilize glucose from muscle via gluconeogenesis. Compound this with elevated morning cortisol levels - which can also lead to muscle breakdown. If done chronically, the loss can add up. That's why being fed with even EAAs - would be good in the long run.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.