Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    nickkempf is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickkempf is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickkempf is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickkempf is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickkempf is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickkempf is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickkempf is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickkempf is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickkempf is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickkempf is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickkempf is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Alcohol and Keto

What are the affects of having a small amount of carbohydrate-free alcohol on a Keto diet? Something like a small glass of whiskey. Obviously no beer or wine. Will the alcohol push you out of Keto? Any other affects?
    Last edited by nickkempf; 05-29-2008 at 09:44 PM.

adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    depends on the carbohydrates. i remember staying in keto while drinking light beer, although i haven't drank in a while.

keep in mind that alcohol messes up the way your body processes things though, and it can screw up metabolism. So yeah, you will stay in keto if you are careful and fat-adapted, but it won't help your cut (or gains).

a glass of wine a day or a bit of whiskey won't kill anybody, though.

BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000)
    i liken alcohol and the digestive system to the use of micro nutrients.

the body sees calcium, drops everything its doing (in terms of micro nutrients), and doesn't return to its previous tasks until the calcium is taken care of.

the digestive system sees alcohol, ITS A TOXIN, and decides that it must be rid of this before it digests anything else, and the liver (place our wonderful krebs cycle takes place), becomes dedicated to the cause.

i still binge once a month or two on keto, and i've had no huge ill effects (we all hav our vices and u cant be ghandi at all times), one glass on its own every nite or so will not harm u in any manner, infact some studies show and doctors argue that alcohol (not just red wine or beer), in moderation is beneficial.
    "Just do the diet, lift hard and take pictures of yourself naked. As long as the scale is going down, your lifts are going up and your pix look good, ignore everything else." - Eileen

My pet hate? Half measures.....there's no kill like an overkill!!
    Self Discipline is telling that little voice in your head to shut the f$%k up.

GrimJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrimJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrimJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrimJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrimJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrimJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrimJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrimJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrimJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrimJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrimJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm on a ketogenic diet, but without the carbups. I usually don't drink much, although I've been thinking of taking it up for health reasons.
    Last weekend I went up to the cottage and in addition to my usual diet of peanuts steak and eggs and that sort of thing, I had maybe an ounce and a half of vodka a day.
    When I came back home, I thought I looked kind of flat in the mirror. I figure either 1) I'm disturbed, or 2) I was glycogen-depleted. I know alcohol's supposed to shut down gluconeogenesis, and that's where I get most of my glucose, so maybe I should have seen this coming. Over the course of the week, still eating low-carb, I either rounded back out or stopped tripping over being flat.
    Fructose would be dangerous if not controlled, and would cause all kinds of damage if your body allowed it to build to the levels reached by glucose in the blood. Your liver immediately turns it into either fat or glucose. So is fructose a poison? I don't think so, in moderation. I think the same is true of alcohol.
    Alcohol raises hdl levels, which is usually true of increased fat utilization as opposed to glucose. It might shut down lipolysis for a while, but I think what it replaces it with is more akin to keto metabolism than to glucose metabolism. And shutting down gluconeogenesis should make it likely that when the alcohol is out of your system, you'll go right back into ketosis.

Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BeejGrpA View Post
    the digestive system sees alcohol, ITS A TOXIN, and decides that it must be rid of this before it digests anything else, and the liver (place our wonderful krebs cycle takes place), becomes dedicated to the cause.
    I like your examples and i agree. I would try not to drink while in ketosis, however, this is just a theory, but it might be ok to drink while trying to achieve ketosis, as im sure it would do something for your glycogen/insulin levels with dehydration and also having active ketones in your body to burn the alcohol, i dunno its just a thought, don't flame me.

But im pretty sure alcohol while IN ketosis isn't good, because your body will stop the wonderful usage of your bodyfat for fuel and will try to eradicate the alcohol.

nickkempf is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickkempf is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickkempf is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickkempf is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickkempf is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickkempf is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickkempf is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickkempf is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickkempf is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickkempf is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickkempf is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Today is day 3 of my CKD and I just entered Ketosis a couple hours ago (verified by Ketostix). It took 54 hours on a keto diet for me to reach ketosis. I have yet to drink any kind of alcohol on this diet.

Now, just because I am very curious, in about 2-3 days, after I am well into ketosis I will have a moderate amount of whisky (1-2 drinks). What I will do is test myself before, during, and after the drinking with ketostix to see what affect the alcohol has on my being in ketosis. I will then report back here and let you guys know what the results are!

I don't plan on drinking regularly in any amounts while on this diet. I agree with you guys that alcohol in moderation probably won't be a big deal on CKD, but it obviously is not going to help. I really just want to know what it does, so I will be the guinea pig!!!

BTW I started a Keto Log in the Keto Log Forum for all who are interested.
    Last edited by nickkempf; 05-30-2008 at 07:16 PM.

Tu-160 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tu-160 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tu-160 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tu-160 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tu-160 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tu-160 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tu-160 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tu-160 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tu-160 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tu-160 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tu-160 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Personally, I stay away from any kind of beer (although I love it very much) but I do sometimes have a glass or two of red wine without any problems, remain in ketosis and no slowing down of fatloss either

edit: I'm on TKD with no carbups.
    Last edited by Tu-160; 05-30-2008 at 07:10 PM.
    Narrator: My suitcase was vibrating?
    Airport Security Officer: Nine times out of ten it's an electric razor, but every once in a while..... it's a dildo. Of course it's company policy never to, imply ownership in the event of a dildo... always use the indefinite article a dildo, never your dildo.
    Narrator: But I don't own...
    [Officer waves Narrator off]

jss8422 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jss8422 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jss8422 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jss8422 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jss8422 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jss8422 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jss8422 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jss8422 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jss8422 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jss8422 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jss8422 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by nickkempf View Post
    Today is day 3 of my CKD and I just entered Ketosis a couple hours ago (verified by Ketostix). It took 54 hours on a keto diet for me to reach ketosis. I have yet to drink any kind of alcohol on this diet.

Now, just because I am very curious, in about 2-3 days, after I am well into ketosis I will have a moderate amount of whisky (1-2 drinks). What I will do is test myself before, during, and after the drinking with ketostix to see what affect the alcohol has on my being in ketosis. I will then report back here and let you guys know what the results are!

I don't plan on drinking regularly in any amounts while on this diet. I agree with you guys that alcohol in moderation probably won't be a big deal on CKD, but it obviously is not going to help. I really just want to know what it does, so I will be the guinea pig!!!

BTW I started a Keto Log in the Keto Log Forum for all who are interested.
    BUMP! Are you going to hold true? I'm interested...

gunsofamerica is on a distinguished road. (+10) gunsofamerica is on a distinguished road. (+10) gunsofamerica is on a distinguished road. (+10) gunsofamerica is on a distinguished road. (+10) gunsofamerica is on a distinguished road. (+10) gunsofamerica is on a distinguished road. (+10) gunsofamerica is on a distinguished road. (+10) gunsofamerica is on a distinguished road. (+10) gunsofamerica is on a distinguished road. (+10) gunsofamerica is on a distinguished road. (+10) gunsofamerica is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Alcohol without carbs won't knock you out of keto. I socially drink very often and have never once had problems with staying in ketosis. The hangovers are god awful, but if you stick to 0 carb alcohol, you'll be fine.

It is NOT the best environment for weight loss however.

Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Stick with strong alcohol (vodka/whisky) because they have no carbs.

If I have to drink, I get vodka+diet soda and I sip on it as long as I can
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***
    *** Scandinavian Misc Crew ***

"Everything you do, every single decision you make, either takes you a step closer or a step further from your goal. You either grow or you regress; nothing stands still."

jss,

yeah, I'm gonna try it tonight...

ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    jss,

yeah, I'm gonna try it tonight...
    The breakdown of alcohol actually produces ketones. Your body will use this as fuel, halting the use of bf as fuel, but will not kick you out of "ketosis".

Well I'm on my second tumbler of whisky. Still no pee yet, but I do feel quiet buzzed, Its amazing how this stuff hits you like that when you havent drank for so long. Plust my last meal was 4-5 hours ago...Don't have to pee yet...we'll see what happens then...
    Last edited by nickkempf; 06-03-2008 at 11:44 PM.

Okay, i fininshd those drinks (2 glasses of whisky) and here's the results.

KETOSTIX RESULTS:

11:30 pm (Pre-drinking): Positive - Moderate Levels
    12:00 am (30 minutes after 1st drink): Positive - Moderate Levels
    1:15 am (30 minutes after 2nd drink): NEGATIVE
    2:15 am (1 Hour Later): NEGATIVE
    5:00 am: NEGATIVE
    9:00 am: Positive - Moderate

Well 2 drinks of whisky completely pushed me out of ketosis! Totally unexpected. It took over 8 hours since the last drink to get back into ketosis. I did not eat anything all night so there is nothing else that could have messed up the results. Alcohol WILL push you out of ketosis! Last time I do that....

DONT DRINK ON KETO!
    Last edited by nickkempf; 06-04-2008 at 07:43 AM.

Female Body Sculpter tight booty's Avatar
    tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This all seems so confusing and I can't make any sense of what you are all saying! Alcohol is empty calories and has no nutritional value (unless its red wine for antioxidants) so I don't see why you would drink alcohol but yet avoid the carbs?

Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well I'm on my second tumbler of whisky. Still no pee yet, but I do feel quiet buzzed, Its amazing how this stuff hits you like that when you havent drank for so long. Plust my last meal was 4-5 hours ago...Don't have to pee yet...we'll see what happens then...
    Lots of people say they get drunk faster when in ketosis.
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***
    *** Scandinavian Misc Crew ***

"Everything you do, every single decision you make, either takes you a step closer or a step further from your goal. You either grow or you regress; nothing stands still."

ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

KETOSTIX RESULTS:

Well 2 drinks of whisky completely pushed me out of ketosis! Totally unexpected. It took over 8 hours since the last drink to get back into ketosis. I did not eat anything all night so there is nothing else that could have messed up the results. Alcohol WILL push you out of ketosis! Last time I do that....

DONT DRINK ON KETO!
    I do not agree it will push you out of ketosis. It does stop body fat burning, but your body is not using glucose as fuel. Just because the keto stix didn't read, doesn't mean your body is not utilizing ketones. Does alochol halt what we are looking for in this diet and should it be avoided? Yes and yes. With that being said:

"Will drinking alcohol affect ketosis?

No and yes. The liver can make ketones out of alcohol, so technically, when you drink you'll continue to produce ketones and so will remain in ketosis. The problem is ... alcohol converts more easily to ketones than fatty acids, so your liver will use the alchol first, in preference to fat. Thus, when you drink, basically your FAT burning is put on hold until all the alcohol is out of your system.

This rapid breakdown of alcohol into ketones and acetaldehyde (the intoxicating by-product) ... tends to put low carbers at risk for quicker intoxication ... especially if no other food is consumed to slow absorption. "

totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ItalWHOP View Post
    I do not agree it will push you out of ketosis. It does stop body fat burning, but your body is not using glucose as fuel. Just because the keto stix didn't read, doesn't mean your body is not utilizing ketones. Does alochol halt what we are looking for in this diet and should it be avoided? Yes and yes. With that being said:

"Will drinking alcohol affect ketosis?

No and yes. The liver can make ketones out of alcohol, so technically, when you drink you'll continue to produce ketones and so will remain in ketosis. The problem is ... alcohol converts more easily to ketones than fatty acids, so your liver will use the alchol first, in preference to fat. Thus, when you drink, basically your FAT burning is put on hold until all the alcohol is out of your system.

This rapid breakdown of alcohol into ketones and acetaldehyde (the intoxicating by-product) ... tends to put low carbers at risk for quicker intoxication ... especially if no other food is consumed to slow absorption. "
    lol @ disagreeing with the results of his experiment.
    reppin the dirty jerz 201

dont live with frustration
    ive learned through years of patience
    your day will come.

Originally Posted by totalrookie View Post
    No, what I was arguing is the method used to test ketosis. There might not be enough ketones in the urine to make a reading. He said he didn't eat. Maybe there wasn't enough.....the body didn't turn to protein for fuel since it was too busy getting rid of alcohol....so where is it getting glucose from to actually kick him out of "ketosis" (a glycogen depleted liver)?

***Misc Ikariam Crue*** morgansd12's Avatar
    morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by totalrookie View Post
    I agree, the reading does not prove he is out of ketosis, just that there were not enough ketones to register on the Ketostix. I frequently register as NEGATIVE after cardio or when I don't eat very much even though I have been in Keto for days and not had any carbs.

Something else to consider is that alcohol makes you urinate and perhaps he peed out all the ketones, then his body switched to burning off the alcohol (negative reading) then went right back to Keto after the cals from the drinks were burned off.

All in all if thats the case then a few drinks ain't bad at all considering it took him 3 days to get into keto but the drinking only interrupted him for less than 12 hours and he immidiately went back into positive keto territory.

I am certainly about to start adding in some red wine to my diet. Thank god.
    **************M*********
    World > Laltoios[80:89] > WineSkillz

These are all very good points. A negative result on the ketostix doesn't necessarily mean I am out of ketosis. I think we can all agree that alcohol certainly won't help us reach our goals any faster! It was an interesting experiment anyways...

Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

KETOSTIX RESULTS:

DONT DRINK ON KETO!
    But you got back INTO ketosis 8 hours later, the next day....Im under the impression that once you get kicked out of ketosis, you have to go another 2-3 days of fat eating to get back in...Im wrong, right?

*Had a few Jack and coke zero's last night, wondering if im in keto today*

Originally Posted by Jim K View Post
    But you got back INTO ketosis 8 hours later, the next day....Im under the impression that once you get kicked out of ketosis, you have to go another 2-3 days of fat eating to get back in...Im wrong, right?

*Had a few Jack and coke zero's last night, wondering if im in keto today*
    I don't think I really got "kicked out" of ketosis for those 8 hours. I think what happened is that once I took in the alcohol my body stopped producing ketones until the alcohol was all metabolized. Once the alcohol was gone my body went right back to burning fat and producing ketones...

I don't think I really got "kicked out" of ketosis for those 8 hours. I think what happened is that once I took in the alcohol my body stopped producing ketones until the alcohol was all metabolized. Once the alcohol was gone my body went right back to burning fat and producing ketones...
    woohoo

Originally Posted by Jim K View Post
    woohoo
    ???

signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000)

Hmmm....

I had two beers (a brown and a belgian) and two whisky-cokes. i'm gonna test myself now and when i wake up in the morning to see if i register on ketostix. ok....positive now at 2:37am. Will see in the morning.

My thoughts on drinking on keto:

1. The alcohol hits much faster (but, as mentioned above, this may be an effect of not drinking often)

2. It doesn't feel the same. There is no doubt that feel like I am in an altered state, but it isn't what I would call "buzzed" or "drunk." It felt like a pleasant dizzy feeling, but with no affect on speech or motorskills. (I know that 4 drinks isn't alot for my weight, but two weeks ago I had 10 mixed drinks and my friends said I seemed totally normal--and they only had two or three)

3. The intoxication-like sensation subsides rather quickly.

PullAndBear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PullAndBear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PullAndBear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PullAndBear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PullAndBear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PullAndBear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PullAndBear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PullAndBear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PullAndBear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PullAndBear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PullAndBear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    what about drinking on carb-ups on the weekends? could i drink beer on the carbups or should i still stick with no-carb sources. Im in college, and i dont want to give up the basis for my social life just for the sake of keto.
    Last edited by RP788; 06-15-2008 at 12:40 AM.
    === 3000+ will rep back ===

***A State of Trance Crew***

Originally Posted by RP788 View Post
    what about drinking on carb-ups on the weekends? cpuld i drink beer on the carbups or should i still stick with no-carb sources. Im in college, and i dont want to give up the basis for my social life just for the sake of keto.
    Hey man, if you're gonna drink during a carbup is the best time to do it, IMO! Since your body isn't burning fat anyways during the carbup, it would seem to me it's the best time to do it!

Originally Posted by signature166 View Post
    I had two beers (a brown and a belgian) and two whisky-cokes. i'm gonna test myself now and when i wake up in the morning to see if i register on ketostix. ok....positive now at 2:37am. Will see in the morning.

My thoughts on drinking on keto:

1. The alcohol hits much faster (but, as mentioned above, this may be an effect of not drinking often)

2. It doesn't feel the same. There is no doubt that feel like I am in an altered state, but it isn't what I would call "buzzed" or "drunk." It felt like a pleasant dizzy feeling, but with no affect on speech or motorskills. (I know that 4 drinks isn't alot for my weight, but two weeks ago I had 10 mixed drinks and my friends said I seemed totally normal--and they only had two or three)

3. The intoxication-like sensation subsides rather quickly.
    Today is my 22nd birthday so I decided to have a couple whiskey's (yes, again). I completely agree with Sig's assessment on drinking on keto. It's not the same kind of buzz. It's more of a "pleasant dizzy feeling", just as he described it. In fact, I feel quite sober except for the dizzy feeling.

Sig, I wonder if the carbs from the beer and coke wouldn't be enough to kick you out of ketosis by itself...Was the coke diet?

???
    woohoo as in you never left ketosis, and was back in ketosis 8 hours after drinking...thats woohoo....couldn't be bothered adding something constructive at the time.