Closed Thread
    drajput has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Shower after workout

Friends:

I am a newbie and I started working out about 3 weeks ago. Like many of you I am trying to gain muscle by putting some weight on in the "right places". I would like to ask if taking hot/lukewarm water shower after work out is good or bad. I have noticed that hot water shower takes off most my pain and I feel very relaxed. Is it good for my body? From what I hear: "no pain, no gain"; I think I shouldn't let the pain go. I know I am confused and I need serious help.

Suggestions??

streetfgither has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Taking a hot shower is very beneficial for your hygenic health. So yes, take a shower after your workout.

DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You shouldnt be experiencing pain at the end of a workout unless you hurt yourself. Maybe a pump or fatigue but not pain.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If it feels good, do it.

In EMS, the patient should always be put in a 'position of comfort'. Likewise, if you feel your hot showers are beneficial, continue to practice them.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    dude. take a shower you stinky monkey!
    Oil do it.

Dogsoldier will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dogsoldier will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dogsoldier will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dogsoldier will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dogsoldier will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dogsoldier will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dogsoldier will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dogsoldier will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dogsoldier will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dogsoldier will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dogsoldier will become famous soon enough. (+50)

The hot water from the shower heats up your skin and your body compensates by bring more blood to the area. The extra blood helps flush out the lactic acid formed in the muscle during the workout. The extra blood movement helps relax the muscles. That is why it feels so good.

The net result of not showering is a loss of social status among your peers and pretty much cancels you sex life if you go long enough between showers.

Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I read an artical a few weeks back that said that heat soaking is actually much better for you then ice packing, blood flows to the warmth and speeds the healing process.
    Up till you start cooking yourself, I would think the hotter the better...
    Jaber Style Training - To perform ATG SQUATS (3X10) before EVERY workout. GAINS!!!

Products I currently use and get results from.

RecoverPro - BCAA
    TestoPro - Natural Test Booster
    Maniac - PreWorkout
    Essenials - Multi + Creatine + joint support + beta alanine + BCAA

Anabolic Innovations Board Rep
    www.anabolicinnovations.com
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/ai.htm
    MFF forever!

rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    there are also heat activated amino acids that aid in recovery. that's why a sauna right after your workout and before shower is a good idea as well.
    Oil do it.

upperg is not very helpful. (-500) upperg is not very helpful. (-500) upperg is not very helpful. (-500) upperg is not very helpful. (-500) upperg is not very helpful. (-500) upperg is not very helpful. (-500) upperg is not very helpful. (-500) upperg is not very helpful. (-500) upperg is not very helpful. (-500) upperg is not very helpful. (-500) upperg is not very helpful. (-500)
    and i thought cold shower is also good... since it makes it tight and squeeze the lactic acid out...

drajput has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks friends.. I used the wrong word.. it's certainly fatigue and not pain.. and yeah I take shower after work out.. I was only confused between hot and cold water.. thanks once again.. it was really helpful..

cheers!

anonymous
    alternate both

never take a shower in the gym itself (no old man balls)

SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Long hot showers aren't good for your skin They do feel really good though!
    ΛΣΣ Squat Booty Society~

i eat babies for protein. DieHollywoodDie's Avatar
    DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Jaberwaki View Post
    I read an artical a few weeks back that said that heat soaking is actually much better for you then ice packing, blood flows to the warmth and speeds the healing process.
    Up till you start cooking yourself, I would think the hotter the better...

it's true but for different reasons. if you are going to be taking time off (a couple days) in between working that body part, a hot soak is highly beneficial. however if you are undergoing high intensity training, are worried about ligaments/tendons, and are training frequently, ice is preferrable. you should be stretching out after all your training sessions anyway, and using heat can increase the length of the stretch. yet if you are looking for optimal recovery, ICE. Ice will help you recover, especially if you are doing high intensity and volume training with frequency. Most athletes get stim (electrical stimulation) immediately after practices and ice at the same time. It causes blow to flow and yet keeps a lot of the wbcs from the spot worked out while cleaning out the rest of your lactic acid etc. when i was training 42+ hours/week I was fine for the first 2 weeks. By the 3rd week of training like that I was beggining to break down. I noticed get heat before practice and ice/stim at the end helped greatly.
    NEW GOAL(s):
    Regain my strength.
    Put on 5 lbs of muscle.
    Gain better overall fitness (strength, endurance, muscle)

"don't give up, the beginning is always the hardest."

muzza0907 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    20 mins after a workout
    www.********.com/muzzafitness

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Taking showers during your training season makes you weak in the legs.

Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cavemen didn't shower. You shouldn't either.

I imagine that they did fap, though.

nomsayin'?
    Here Lies the Rant
    2005 - 2015

Negs from 1938-1945

-lenco