Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    very concerned w/ mTOR's An Inconvenient Bro's Avatar
    An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Looking for a civil discussion on the use of arginine in pump products

I want a civil discussion on this topic if at all possible, but I would prefer hearing from someone who has actually formulated the product, not just someone who talked to someone who knew someone who put some uber arginine in the formula.

So here's my question. Why arginine?

all companies welcome.
    Xtreme Formulations

Place your faith in Lord Jesus and he will heal you

The Bigger Picture will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Bigger Picture will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Bigger Picture will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Bigger Picture will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Bigger Picture will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Bigger Picture will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Bigger Picture will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Bigger Picture will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Bigger Picture will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Bigger Picture will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Bigger Picture will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Project Glucose Ion View Post
    I want a civil discussion on this topic if at all possible, but I would prefer hearing from someone who has actually formulated the product, not just someone who talked to someone who knew someone who put some uber arginine in the formula.

all companies welcome.
    Nitric Oxide (N.O.) is a cellular gas that causes blood vessels to dilate, engorging the muscles with blood, increasing oxygen & nutrient delivery, and facilitating the removal of metabolic waste products that lead to fatigue. This cascade of events is whats known as "The PUMP." Consumed in sufficient amounts, Arginine is one of the best, if not the best, precursors of N.O. synthesis in the body.
    Last edited by The Bigger Picture; 05-29-2008 at 02:46 PM.
    Time Ticks In One Direction, So Make Today Count

little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have never been able to get it through my head that these products do what they say other than make you look like a puffer fish. All the years of reading on here and M&M pre-ban told me that this crap is a marketing product not a science product. If I want to take something that is going to supposedly make muscle, it had better shrink my balls also.

The Bigger Picture will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Bigger Picture will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Bigger Picture will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Bigger Picture will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Bigger Picture will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Bigger Picture will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Bigger Picture will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Bigger Picture will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Bigger Picture will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Bigger Picture will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Bigger Picture will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
    copy and pasting sucksssssssssssssss
    you write the articles it doesnt matter.
    Last edited by The Bigger Picture; 05-29-2008 at 02:48 PM.

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by The Bigger Picture View Post
    When you write the articles it doesnt matter.
    my bad, I didn't realize and was too quick to strike the keyboard.
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

Talking

Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
    my bad, I didn't realize and was too quick to strike the keyboard.
    no harm. Good eye though!!!

It's Time to go APE! ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION's Avatar
    ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

all companies welcome.
    While I wouldn't use it for this purpose in a product, it was a good story to tell from marketing perspective. It is the precursor to NO and it does cause vasodilation, so it was easy to think these effects were brought about through it increasing NO. As I assume you know, studies show arginine is not the rate limiting factor for NO synthesis in humans, but many people don't. Taking extra arginine orally, wont increase NO levels.

It does increase vasodialtion though, but through spiking insulin and insulin having direct vasodialtion effects.

Easy for many to think,the vasodialtion is occurring from NO increases, not realizing it's through increasing insulin.

Not much more complicated than that imo.
    Who we are and what we stand for as a company:http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/supplement-company-of-the-month-athletic-edge.html?searchterm=athletic

Our latest pre-workout article: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/two-steps-to-kill-workout-fatigue.html

Follow us on ********: www.********.com/AthleticEdgeNutrition?ref=ts&fref=ts

An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nitric Oxide (N.O.) is a cellular gas that causes blood vessels to dilate, engorging the muscles with blood, increasing oxygen & nutrient delivery, and facilitating the removal of metabolic waste products that lead to fatigue. This cascade of events is whats known as "The PUMP." Consumed in sufficient amounts, Arginine is one of the best, if not the best, precursors of N.O. synthesis in the body.
    ok, but what are you basing that statement on?
    Xtreme Formulations

ok, but what are you basing that statement on?
    We do all in house testing as we do not trust outside sources. If you notice we have not introduced an arginine based NO product out for years after our Vassive NO. We pride ourselves in quality and conduct the most comprehensive studies. Yes I know everyone claims to this statement but that is when we let our products speak for themselves.

Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    We do all in house testing as we do not trust outside sources. If you notice we have not introduced an arginine based NO product out for years after our Vassive NO. We pride ourselves in quality and conduct the most comprehensive studies. Yes I know everyone claims to this statement but that is when we let our products speak for themselves.
    I dont think you answered his question, but rather gave a politically correct speech to tout ON when the issue is about arginine, not about your company.
    "I'm special, you're special. We are all just a bunch of special fcukers!" - Stifler

I was hoping more for research.....but ok....

I don't doubt optimum's quality for a minute just not sure how it's applicable in this discussion
    Xtreme Formulations

I was hoping more for research.....but ok....

I don't doubt optimum's quality for a minute just not sure how it's applicable in this discussion
    Just got home and saw the post. I appologize if I misunderstood you and got off track. I will be more than happy to post our facts about arginine and why we incoporate it into our products.
    Last edited by The Bigger Picture; 05-30-2008 at 08:59 AM.

little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    this died quick

SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by little lats View Post
    this died quick
    Agreed. I would like to here more info on this and would like to hear PGI's information that he keeps teasing about.
    Cannabis and synthetic supplements

Originally Posted by SPACECLOWN View Post
    Agreed. I would like to here more info on this and would like to hear PGI's information that he keeps teasing about.
    I remember when discussions like this went on forever. Now only one company responds...

ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by little lats View Post
    I remember when discussions like this went on forever. Now only one company responds...

My response pretty much sums up the reality of arginine and NO, I'm very familiar with most of the research. It truly isn't much more complicated than that.
    Who we are and what we stand for as a company:http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/supplement-company-of-the-month-athletic-edge.html?searchterm=athletic

Our latest pre-workout article: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/two-steps-to-kill-workout-fatigue.html

Nimbus Nutrition Rep leonidas300's Avatar
    leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ATHLETIC EDGE N View Post
    My response pretty much sums up the reality of arginine and NO, I'm very familiar with most of the research. It truly isn't much more complicated than that.
    You are so smart. NO is marketing plain and simple, only a single study showed any benefit and that was for a 1 rep bench press.
    Certitude is the enemy of wisdom.
    "We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." Johnathan Swift.

Remember this principle: if you have to chew something, it ain't anabolic. Alan Aragon

NIMBUS NUTRITION "When Performance is Everything!"
    POSEIDON
    clay@nimbusnutrition.com

Originally Posted by leonidas300 View Post
    You are so smart. NO is marketing plain and simple, only a single study showed any benefit and that was for a 1 rep bench press.
    That single study has made a ton of money though.... I'm still wating for my 10lbs on my bench from Cell-tech.... I'm glad I'm a hair smarter now.

Originally Posted by leonidas300 View Post
    Honestly, I don't know what more can be said than my original post, it's the reality of the aginine/NO research.

I've even looked at studies measuring NO levels from people that were put on a arginine FREE diet and than supplemented arginine and it still showed NO changes in NO synthesis. The list goes on and on.

I've always felt fortunate that the science is so WEAK in this industry,that eventhough it's highly saturated, there's stil plenty of room for effective products to be launched, based on properly interpreted science.

leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Honestly, I don't know what more can be said than my original post, it's the reality of the aginine/NO research.

I've even looked at studies measuring NO levels from people that were put on a arginine FREE diet and than supplemented arginine and it still showed NO changes in NO synthesis. The list goes on and on.

I've always felt fortunate that the science is so WEAK in this industry,that eventhough it's highly saturated, there's stil plenty of room for effective products to be launched, based on properly interpreted science.
    the American School system is strong on science education. /sarcasm.
    "We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." Johnathan Swift.

Remember this principle: if you have to chew something, it ain't anabolic. Alan Aragon

POSEIDON
    clay@nimbusnutrition.com

quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Vanadyl Sulfate will give you and your veins the same reaction. it's just from back in the day and forgotten about. the "Pump" is nothing new.

SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So peoples thoughts on citrulline malate as an NO producer?

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I get the impression that the research isn't as conveying as once thought.
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

Yeah, since the citrulline is just a way to increase endogenous arginine, the same thing I said about arginine applies, as increased arginine does not drive NO synthesis.

Citrulline MAY have some other potential uses though and I know its well liked on the forums. Do these potential benefits carry over to bringing about performance changes in humans? Who knows, as the research on it, is pretty much non existent, except for the one finger flextion study, from back in 2002.

I'm sure this is disappointing for alot of people, including myself, but from a research standpoint, it is what it is.
    Last edited by ATHLETIC EDGE N; 05-30-2008 at 09:15 AM.

Yeah, since the citrulline is just a way to increase endogenous arginine, the same thing I said about arginine applies, as increased arginine does not drive NO synthesis.

Citrulline MAY have some other potential uses though and I know its well liked on the forums. Do these potential benefits carry over to bringing about performance changes in humans? Who knows, as the research on it, is pretty much non existent, except for the one finger flextion study, from back in 2002.

I'm sure this is disappointing for alot of people, including myself, but from a research standpoint, it is what it is.
    it's one of my favorite ingredients. You can have AAKG but don't take my CM! LOL As for pumps I honestly give 2 ****s but the endurance aspect of it is what actually intrigues me.

it's one of my favorite ingredients. You can have AAKG but don't take my CM! LOL As for pumps I honestly give 2 ****s but the endurance aspect of it is what actually intrigues me.
    I know and the anecdotal feedback is strong and should NOT be discounted IMO, atleast from a performance perspective. From a NO, perspective, I would classify it, as the same as arginine.

It would be nice if someone would do a legit citrulline human performance study, like what we have so many for creatine or beta-alanine.

In the mean time if people like it, I see no reason to stop using it, simply based off the lack of research.

On a positive note, I've never seen anything to show it doesn't improve performance either, so who knows

I know and the anecdotal feedback is strong and should NOT be discounted IMO, atleast from a performance perspective. From a NO, perspective, I would classify it, as the same as arginine.

It would be nice if someone would do a legit citrulline human performance study, like what we have so many for creatine or beta-alanine.

In the mean time if people like it, I see no reason to stop using it, simply based off the lack of research.

On a positive note, I've never seen anything to show it doesn't improve performance either, so who knows
    What is your stance on combining Taurine and beta-alanine, problematic or not so much?

POSEIDON
    clay@nimbusnutrition.com

Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Where did that one guy from ON go?

WTF @ Customizer's new name
    HALEO Lead Forum Representative

Echo in Eternity

Store Link - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo.html
    ******** Page - www.********.com/pages/HALEO-Worldwide-Inc/344612048892858

cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I like PLCAR over citrulline malate for endurance....any thoughts on PLCAR?

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Elliptical Envy View Post
    Where did that one guy from ON go?
    He ran out of propaganda.

POSEIDON
    clay@nimbusnutrition.com