M.J.F. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M.J.F. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M.J.F. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M.J.F. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M.J.F. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M.J.F. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M.J.F. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M.J.F. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M.J.F. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M.J.F. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M.J.F. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Natural Bodybuilding , coming around full circle.

Published in Muscle Mag International / June 2006

As a die hard fan and true believer in the natural bodybuilding lifestyle I am starting to see a glimmer of light at the end of a tunnel that has taken some devastating twists and turns over the years. Bodybuilding at its core is about living a balanced ,clean, discipline and healthy life . If adhered to the benefits of bodybuilding are endless. Building your body up and creating a stronger more confident individual. Liberating yourself from the chains of physical limitations and always seeking to improve on what you have built. That?s what its all about!

Today physiques like those belonging to superstars of the past such as Steve Reeves, John Grimek, Clarence Ross, and Jack Lalanne would not be taken seriously in the professional bodybuilding arena. Attaining freakish size at any expense has taken precedence over health and the physical perfection governed by mother nature. Is there a chance the bodybuilding world will ever return to its roots, after all it is the foundation of what we know today as the physical fitness revolution.

Natural bodybuilding has been a part of my life for thirty years. This past year I turned forty-three and can honestly say I am reaping all the benefits it has to offer in every aspect of my life. I have always believed one day a movement will start that will question the destructive and potentially fatal steps athletes take to achieve a brief moment of fame. From Government investigations to the endless media coverage today we are knee deep in such a movement.

Some say bodybuilding has evolved into what it is today right or wrong and could never change directions and go in reverse. I say lets keep up the fight and get back to what is pure and healthy and give the sport back the respect it deserves. Its not going to happen over night but I?m convinced bodybuilding does not have to go into reverse it?s just coming around full circle.

Michael Ferencsik/ 2007 INBA Forever Natural Universe Champion
    Naples, Florida
    Attached Images
    Get My "Muscle Maximization Manuscript and Metabolic Burn Diet System" for Free
    Go here for all the detials - www.musclemaximization.com/get/FreeManuscript

terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Whole heartedly endorse this post

As I tread through the forums I come across material and concepts I like and then introduce many of those to clients I work with. Both my wife and I train both athletes and individuals wishing to perform in competition. We only endorse and accpet natural. Barb won her first competiton at age 52 and would have never succeeded at her age doing it any differently. At age 60 I still actively train with my clients and teach and preach natural training, clean eating and maintaining a disciplined lifestyle. I commend your re pub of this article. Thank you!

Originally Posted by M.J.F. View Post

As a die hard fan and true believer in the natural bodybuilding lifestyle I am starting to see a glimmer of light at the end of a tunnel that has taken some devastating twists and turns over the years. Bodybuilding at its core is about living a balanced ,clean, discipline and healthy life . If adhered to the benefits of bodybuilding are endless. Building your body up and creating a stronger more confident individual. Liberating yourself from the chains of physical limitations and always seeking to improve on what you have built. That?s what its all about!

Today physiques like those belonging to superstars of the past such as Steve Reeves, John Grimek, Clarence Ross, and Jack Lalanne would not be taken seriously in the professional bodybuilding arena. Attaining freakish size at any expense has taken precedence over health and the physical perfection governed by mother nature. Is there a chance the bodybuilding world will ever return to its roots, after all it is the foundation of what we know today as the physical fitness revolution.

Natural bodybuilding has been a part of my life for thirty years. This past year I turned forty-three and can honestly say I am reaping all the benefits it has to offer in every aspect of my life. I have always believed one day a movement will start that will question the destructive and potentially fatal steps athletes take to achieve a brief moment of fame. From Government investigations to the endless media coverage today we are knee deep in such a movement.

Some say bodybuilding has evolved into what it is today right or wrong and could never change directions and go in reverse. I say lets keep up the fight and get back to what is pure and healthy and give the sport back the respect it deserves. Its not going to happen over night but I?m convinced bodybuilding does not have to go into reverse it?s just coming around full circle.

Naples, Florida
    Terry Hill MSE Physiology/CPT/Sport Nutrionist-AFPA

"Quality of life depends on the amount of willingness in the effort!"

spacemonkey789 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Amazing post, you should amazing being on the sport for thirty years. I look up to dedacated people like yourself congratulations. ( I have been in it seriously for about 8 months now)

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Repped.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

BSBrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBrown is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Whoa. 2 year bump?
    Bench = 210
    Squat = 265

Southern Illinois University.

Ericfitness86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ericfitness86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ericfitness86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ericfitness86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ericfitness86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ericfitness86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ericfitness86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ericfitness86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ericfitness86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ericfitness86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ericfitness86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im wondering if it will happen myself. ive been on and off the lifting horse for about 7 years, and i will say over the years im seeing more guys looking to steroids. im disappointed since myself im look to just be at a healthy weight, and healthy lifestyle. if i get huge through my process naturally id love it, but thats not my overall goal. i work with two guys that about 2 years ago when we were lifting together started taking steroids, and when i questioned their methods one of them got really pissed at me. i was just trying to tell them that its not good on your body at all, and i feel its not worth it. hopefully people wake up and realize that the longterm effects from them are not worth the shortterm gains.

clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Very good article, I can totally relate to it.
    I’m all about a wholesome, healthy lifestyle that will hopefully hold me in good stead as I get older, in health and looking good.
    My training is very much a solitary affair as I workout at home and don’t come in contact with steroids or guys that are on it.
    But to me it seems like you’re living a lie having to rely on drugs to attain a physique you’re happy with, I would absolutely hate that.
    Tennis balls?...........my Biceps are as big as Grapefruits!

brb bulk-utting! nvrstopworking's Avatar
    nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Nice article.

Frank Zane has been as inspirational to me as Arnold for this very reason.

It's not ALL about mass.

I wish that pro bodybuilding could find a way to get back to those days because some truly INCREDIBLE physiques have fallen by the wayside over the years in favour of huge juiced guys with distended stomachs and man-boobs.

para_gene is just really nice. (+1000) para_gene is just really nice. (+1000) para_gene is just really nice. (+1000) para_gene is just really nice. (+1000) para_gene is just really nice. (+1000) para_gene is just really nice. (+1000) para_gene is just really nice. (+1000) para_gene is just really nice. (+1000) para_gene is just really nice. (+1000) para_gene is just really nice. (+1000) para_gene is just really nice. (+1000)
    i still have a ways to go, but i plan on it being all natural. great post.

hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by nvrstopworking View Post
    Nice article.

Frank Zane has been as inspirational to me as Arnold for this very reason.

It's not ALL about mass.

I wish that pro bodybuilding could find a way to get back to those days because some truly INCREDIBLE physiques have fallen by the wayside over the years in favour of huge juiced guys with distended stomachs and man-boobs.
    Both have taken every drug under the sun available to them in their days.

JACKSonvIllEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) JACKSonvIllEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) JACKSonvIllEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) JACKSonvIllEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) JACKSonvIllEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) JACKSonvIllEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) JACKSonvIllEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) JACKSonvIllEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) JACKSonvIllEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) JACKSonvIllEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) JACKSonvIllEr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by hankst View Post
    i was thinkin the same thing when he said that ha
    Height=5'11"
    Weight=191
    Bench= 315
    squat=420

Bicep=16 inches
    Chest=43.5 inches
    legs 25
    calves 15

i rep back

ericg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ericg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ericg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mike,

That is excellent that you have stayed motivated all these years. I have been training "on and off" for 21 years (12/90) and am a former competitive natural bodybuilder. I lost a lot of motivation after 10 years of marriage, career and having 3 kids. Not making excuses, just saying what has transpired in my life.

I recently got my motivation back up and am now working hard to lose the weight I gained, restrengthen my muscles and get my numbers back to normal. "Slow and steady wins the race" is the #1 principle I am working with. I know it's going to take time to lose this weight. Luckily I have a lot of LBM underneath this "coat", from years of continued "power-building" (a term I used for alternating 1 week of bodybuilding, 1 week of powerlifting, etc). I've cleaned up my diet and am already feeling cleaner inside and out, more energetic and happier. I know what it takes, just needed the motivation to do it again.

People like you, especially around my age (42), are what motivates me. Kudos to you for your hard work and dedication! Hopefully one day I will compete again, as the bug has never left me!

Eric

Originally Posted by M.J.F. View Post

Naples, Florida

j93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    repped

HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cool

Really great article, thank you for publishing. Will always stay natural!
    No Excuses!
    EAT CHOCOLATE!
    NASM CPT

lrauch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good article, I think natural bodybuilding is becoming popular. Watching Layne Nortons videos on this site has motivated me to compete this year.

Merra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm not a bodybuilder myself, I have no desire to get any larger I'm on here just to gain alittle knowledge of training, supplements, and Nutrition, for my immenent career in the Navy. Yet I have respect for anyone who works really hard to achieve any goal, and I find that the size of bodybuilders today is what I like to call "unfunctionally large" a bodybuilder who's 5'8" and weighs over 250 pounds, just look at some of these guys walk, they have that wide gait to their walk, and I've watched what some of these guys call "cardio" and I laugh at the slow speed to which their moving on the treadmill/stairmaster to increase their heartrate, because you don't need to be in great shape to runa 10 minute mile 6mph on the trreadmill. But I seriously doubt these guys who are under 6'0" and closing in on 300lbs would have an easy time if be able to at all cover 1 mile in 10 minutes.

brb bulk-utting! nvrstopworking's Avatar
    nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by hankst View Post
    Lol... you're right. I mis-spoke.

I was referring to the body shapes of Arnold and Zane more than anything else (I do know that took drugs to achieve their ultimate goals). Zane won the Olympia at what? 180lbs? That's pretty much unheard of these days... even Arnold would probably be considered "small" by today's standards.

gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Question

I was referring to the body shapes of Arnold and Zane more than anything else (I do know that took drugs to achieve their ultimate goals). Zane won the Olympia at what? 180lbs? That's pretty much unheard of these days... even Arnold would probably be considered "small" by today's standards.
    so what you are saying is u approve of drug use as long as they dont end up being too heavy & freaky? like some of the smaller 70s guys?
    thats fair enough, but its not really what the o.p had in mind.

It's not ALL about mass.

I wish that pro bodybuilding could find a way to get back to those days because some truly INCREDIBLE physiques have fallen by the wayside over the years in favour of huge juiced guys with distended stomachs and man-boobs. .
    natty contests these days are all about extreme conditioning, they should come in a little smoother & fuller. the judges could fix this, i dont know why they dont. so the attitude of favoring extremes is in both sides of the spectrum

Originally Posted by clive View Post
    Very good article, I can totally relate to it.
    I’m all about a wholesome, healthy lifestyle that will hopefully hold me in good stead as I get older, in health and looking good.
    yeah right, it was only a few months ago u were complaining about how disgusting & unhealthy layne looked all drawn out & depleted just before his contest
    Last edited by gomez26; 02-04-2011 at 12:59 AM.
    "Though the concept is not scientifically validated in detail (it should be considered as a hypothesis rather than a scientific theory), it is useful from a practical standpoint. When training athletes, it is impossible to wait until scientific research provides all of the necessary knowledge." Vladmir M. Zatsiorsky, Ph.D.

swift64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swift64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swift64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swift64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swift64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swift64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swift64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swift64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swift64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swift64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swift64 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great article… I am new to the sport and I realize it gets a lot of bad rep because of steroids that some take. But its good to think that natural bodybuilding has a place because getting your body in the best shape naturally is what it’s all about.

nwtrnr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nwtrnr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nwtrnr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nwtrnr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nwtrnr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Natural Bodybuilding

Great post I agree too, natural bodybuilding is definitely growing in popularity which is a good think for the sport. It will take more time but, I think it will happen more quickly than people realize.
    We all had to start somewhere.

Cromshammer is not very helpful. (-500) Cromshammer is not very helpful. (-500) Cromshammer is not very helpful. (-500) Cromshammer is not very helpful. (-500) Cromshammer is not very helpful. (-500) Cromshammer is not very helpful. (-500) Cromshammer is not very helpful. (-500) Cromshammer is not very helpful. (-500) Cromshammer is not very helpful. (-500) Cromshammer is not very helpful. (-500) Cromshammer is not very helpful. (-500)
    [QUOTE=gomez26;623172063]so what you are saying is u approve of drug use as long as they dont end up being too heavy & freaky? like some of the smaller 70s guys?
    thats fair enough, but its not really what the o.p had in mind.

natty contests these days are all about extreme conditioning, they should come in a little smoother & fuller. the judges could fix this, i dont know why they dont. so the attitude of favoring extremes is in both sides of the spectrum
    [/QOUTE]
    ( You are exactly right.If Bodybuilding returns to it's roots the the natty bber's would have to return to look of the guys like Grimek,and Reeves,instead of trying to be so defined they look like tiny versions of the roid users)[/QOUTE]

SopIllig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    google com]google

Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    In regards to the poster's confusion about Zane and arnold. Its possible he may not be as well informed on the usage back in the 70's. And to compare zane's physique to today's, It would not be unrealistic to think that they were natural by comparison (we obviously know better but there are significant differences). So hopefully that wont blow up too much. honest mistake.

On that note, great topic. long live the natties
    gofundme.com/jz47xw