Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by jday15 View Post
    Or for that matter, John 8:58 "Jesus said to them, ?Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.?
    Okay? We know that all things were created through Jesus, so of course he existed before Abraham.

or John 10:30 "I and the Father are one.?
    When the Bible speaks of a man and woman becoming one flesh, it doesn't mean it literally, it's used to signify unity and cooperation.

or John 14:8-9 "Philip said to him, ?Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.? Jesus said to him, ?Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ?Show us the Father??"
    The apple doesn't roll far from the tree. If you look at me then look at my dad, I could say that whoever has seen me has seen my father and it would be truthful because we are so much alike. The request, "Lord, show us the Father," suggests that Philip wanted Jesus to provide for his disciples a visible manifestation of God, such as was granted in visions to Moses, Elijah and Isaiah in ancient times. (Ex. 24:10; 1 Ki. 19:9-13; Isa. 6:1-5) However, in such visions God's servants saw, not God himself, but symbolic representations of him. (Ex. 33:17-22; John 1:18) Jesus' reply indicated that Philip already had something better than visions of that type. Since Jesus perfectly reflected the personality of his Father, whom only the Son fully 'knew,' seeing Jesus Christ was like seeing God himself. -Matt. 11:27.

You can't be "the firstborn of all creation" and also have existed forever.
    Last edited by QuicksandATL; 05-28-2008 at 10:09 AM.
    Matt Ryan is the truth.

There are some ideas so wrong that only a very intelligent person could believe them. -George Orwell

I rape back (300+) (put 300+ in your comment)

R/P UPCC 4 LYFE

jday15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jday15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jday15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jday15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jday15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jday15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jday15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jday15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jday15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jday15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jday15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow, I must have misunderstood JWs all along. So you don't deny that Jesus was divine? You just believe that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are actually three different gods? I thought you guys believed Jesus was just a mere human.

nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by jday15
    Wow, I must have misunderstood JWs all along. So you don't deny that Jesus was divine? You just believe that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are actually three different gods? I thought you guys believed Jesus was just a mere human.
    Yes and he supposedly was Satan's brother. I can't speak for the JWs but I will speak for God. The Lord is one God in three Persons. This is unmistakable in an honest translation of the NT.

QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by jday15 View Post
    Well, the bible calls Jesus a mighty god, but there is only one Almighty God who "exacts exclusive devotion" and that's Jehovah (Yahweh). We don't worship Jesus.

We believe the holy spirit is not a person, but God's active force that he uses for his purpose.

Originally Posted by nonAtlas View Post
    Yes and he supposedly was Satan's brother. I can't speak for the JWs but I will speak for God. The Lord is one God in three Persons. This is unmistakable in an honest translation of the NT.

Well, Satan is a fellow creation just like everyone else.

Me and nonnie disagree on the Trinity, but it least we can still get kicks out of arguing about evolution to atheists.
    Matt Ryan is the truth.

There are some ideas so wrong that only a very intelligent person could believe them. -George Orwell

R/P UPCC 4 LYFE

nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by QuicksandATL
    Satan is a fellow creation just like everyone else.
    But God the Son is not a created being. He is the Self-Existent Eternal One.

But God the Son is not a created being. He is the Self-Existent Eternal One.
    Then who is the "firstborn of all creation". I thought most Trinitarians thought that Jesus was a created extension of God?
    Matt Ryan is the truth.

R/P UPCC 4 LYFE

Then who is the "firstborn of all creation".

Chapter and verse, please.

I thought most [christians] thought that Jesus was a created extension of God
    No. His physical body was created such that it could be downloaded by Momma Mary. But His eternal existence preceded that, obviously.

Chapter and verse, please.
    Col. 1:15-17
    Rev. 3:14

No. His physical body was created such that it could be downloaded by Momma Mary. But His eternal existence preceded that, obviously.

Matt Ryan is the truth.

R/P UPCC 4 LYFE

tds.Enziet is just really nice. (+1000) tds.Enziet is just really nice. (+1000) tds.Enziet is just really nice. (+1000) tds.Enziet is just really nice. (+1000) tds.Enziet is just really nice. (+1000) tds.Enziet is just really nice. (+1000) tds.Enziet is just really nice. (+1000) tds.Enziet is just really nice. (+1000) tds.Enziet is just really nice. (+1000) tds.Enziet is just really nice. (+1000) tds.Enziet is just really nice. (+1000)

Question

Wait wait wait. Quicksand, do you believe the Earth is 6000+/-500 years old?
    Respect. Understanding. Rationality. Peace.

Bench: 250lbs
    Squat: 330lbs
    Dead: 355lbs

Col. 1:15-17
    It says He pre-dated ALL things and created them all, just as John 1 says.

Originally Posted by tds.Enziet View Post
    Wait wait wait. Quicksand, do you believe the Earth is 6000+/-500 years old?
    Hellz no, the translation of Genesis doesn't even convey such an idea. However, it could be argued that the universe is indeed 6000 years old going by the relative time of the gravitational constant of t=1 after the big bang. I recommend reading Science and God by Gerald Schroeder, it's a very convincing explanation.

It says He pre-dated ALL things and created them all, just as John 1 says.

Yes, because he's the first creation, duh.
    Matt Ryan is the truth.

R/P UPCC 4 LYFE

Yes, because he's the first creation
    He is not and that is not what those passages suggest.

Watch the triangle brah JAGERBOY's Avatar
    JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    QuicksandATL+nonAtlas = fundy troll love

"If the data is overwhelmingly in favor of evolution, to deny that reality will make us a cult -- some odd group that is not really interacting with the world"- Evangelical Bible scholar Bruce Waltke

Originally Posted by JAGERBOY
    Thanks so much for that portrait of you, jagoff. I can't tell you how much we all appreciate it.

curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by QuicksandATL View Post
    What isn't reasonable about me accepting that I think Biblical prophecies being fulfilled point to divine inspiration?
    For all prophets, why do prophecies always take centuries, thousands of years even, to be fullfilled?

Please, you must admit that given enough time, you don't have to be a 'prophet' to make predictions of the future.

Why too, are all of these 'prophecies' only 'recognized' after the fact? When skill in twisting and molding general and basic observations are used to make each, in a general, roundabout way, fit?

...I'm not saying that it would be absolutely impossible, however it is quite a leap to base your beliefs on conclusions drawn by imparting God, when His EXCLUSION can result in the same outcomes. Chance, probability can account for supposed prophecies. Why invoke the supernatural when it is just not necessary?

Less Than 3 is just really nice. (+1000) Less Than 3 is just really nice. (+1000) Less Than 3 is just really nice. (+1000) Less Than 3 is just really nice. (+1000) Less Than 3 is just really nice. (+1000) Less Than 3 is just really nice. (+1000) Less Than 3 is just really nice. (+1000) Less Than 3 is just really nice. (+1000) Less Than 3 is just really nice. (+1000) Less Than 3 is just really nice. (+1000) Less Than 3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    u kno what the worst part is? these people all have the same amount of votes that normal people do. no wonder bush got elected twice.

Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This thread went from "Quicksand needs to substantiate his claims" to "Bible study between fundy Christians" in less than a page, and I still haven't seen any compelling prophecies expounded upon.

Where is the evidence? Has anyone been converted or convinced in the past pages? Did I miss something?

Typing "false prophecies jehovah's witness" into google turns up some very interesting results...
    Last edited by Galt; 05-28-2008 at 02:27 PM.

curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Galt View Post
    Typing false prophecies... into google turns up some very interesting results...
    ...but given enough time ANY/ALL prophecies will come true!
    Be patient.
    ...and willing to accept marginal, nonspecific, and generalities as evidence for prophecy. You will be in awe!

Lol!

Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Destruction of cities, along with who would be the conquerer. Daniel's prophecy of 1914, in connection with Jesus' sign of his coming of a world war.

I really don't feel like getting into this, because I know you're too close minded to accept anything.
    Bump

Still interested in hearing about these prophecies.

Bump

Still interested in hearing about these prophecies.
    I'm tired, I'll make a detailed response tomorrow.
    Matt Ryan is the truth.

R/P UPCC 4 LYFE

shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    tired shmired

what if I die tomorrow before I get to see the proof? then I'll be going to hell.

...needs to do some research.

...on the internet.

Destruction of cities, along with who would be the conquerer. Daniel's prophecy of 1914, in connection with Jesus' sign of his coming of a world war.

I really don't feel like getting into this, because I know you're too close minded to accept anything.
    Okay. When you feel like backing up your claims, I'll be here ready to assess the evidence presented.

shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Okay. When you feel like backing up your claims, I'll be here ready to assess the evidence presented.
    I'll be here to assess the information presented.

lol you sound like a robot

Robots are really good at math.

Originally Posted by curtis999 View Post
    Robots are really good at math.
    I wish I had a robot

HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50)

When the Bible speaks of a man and woman becoming one flesh, it doesn't mean it literally, it's used to signify unity and cooperation.
    Why do you say that? what makes you think it doesn't mean it literally? Why is some stuff literal and other stuff not? Why is the story of Adam and Eve literal and this not? Why is the tale of Sodom and Gomorrah (sp?) literal and the 6 day creation thing not?

Originally Posted by shadowwalker021 View Post
    I'll be here to assess the information presented.

lol you sound like a robot
    *Beep beep boop boop*

*Assesses Biblical prophecies*

*Does not compute; unable to formulate coherent algorithm*

*beep boop beeep boop boop

-iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    *Beep beep boop boop*

*Assesses Biblical prophecies*

*Does not compute; unable to formulate coherent algorithm*

*beep boop beeep boop boop
    Reminds me of that one episode of Spongebob where they think Mr. Krabs is a robot (yes sixteen)(no I don't watch cartoons)

( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wouldn't mind seeing this as a new topic: it could (key word here) bring forth some interesting debate--particularly among theists.
    ( S I C )