Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

attracting higher $$$ clients

So I have been PTing in the local gym for about 20 months. We can determine our own rates. So I started off on the bottom end of the price range and now I need to bump things up some.

Basically I have been taking walk ins etc and inevitably they balk at actually having to pay for a trainer even though ive charged rock bottom up to this point, lol

So what are the methods for appealing to a higher priced clientel?

For all purposes, it can be looked upon as if I am starting from scratch since I dont have any "rich" clients to refer me to their buddies, lol.

I am looking at running some ads in the local newspaper as well as a popular local advertising paper. So how should I word the ads so as to appeal to people who can actually afford a trainer?

Just brainstorming, the sort of ideas that come to mind are along these lines:

"Doctors, lawyers, executives...you've built a succesful career, but what about your health. Invest in your future blah blah"

"Salesmen, executives, managers, dont let a flabby out of shape appearance undermine your career..do something about it!"

things along that line, lol. I am the first to admit im no marketing guru.

Any ideas or help here??
    "Humility comes before honor"

deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good ideas, but remember when marketing, no matter what, always sell the benefits. Not the features...don't sell what is wrong...sell what you want to create.

Instead of "don't let a flabby out of shape..."

It should be something like "get that six pack you've always wanted..." or even simpler... "Want to look great naked..."

A bit cliche I know, but it's what works.

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    yeah, but how to focus it to clients with a little $$$ to spend.

EVERYbody wants a six pack etc and they come for a free assessment or to talk to u for 30 minutes of your time then they end up not being able to afford it.

Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I wouldn't say "doctors, lawyers, executives." I doubt they'd look at that and say "Wow! That's me! I need to call this guy!" Make an add that is appealing to everyone. Who cares if your client is a doctor? If they can shell out the cash that's all that matters.
    REPS ARE ALWAYS GOOD

It's later than you think EMISGOD's Avatar
    EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The great enemy of clear language is insincerity.
    Ongoing Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106420991

Come here and open your mouth, S103/Syntrax, I gotta take a piss: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3569901

EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post
    Basically I have been taking walk ins etc and inevitably they balk at actually having to pay for a trainer even though ive charged rock bottom up to this point, lol
    I think this point is an interesting one and for the pts out there checking on these Forums, you should realize that a lot of people are shopping for a personal trainer as they would a car. Take this article by way of example: http://www.mamashealth.com/exercise/pertrain.asp (pay particular attention to #5)

While I have no problem with consumer empowerment in general, there are a lot of articles of this nature and primarily targeted at females, who are probably generally going to make up the bulk of your clientele. I saw one article that gave specific questions to ask the pt, among them to name off which vitamins are fat-soluble. For those of you unable to answer this question without looking it up or for those who are thinking to yourselves what that has to do with training people, you may want to re-think what constitutes personal training...for the articles targeted at men, you get this ****: http://menshealth.genesant.com/www/x...es/Splash.aspx

Anyway, combating dissension is a huge part of your selling technique. Unless you're good (or well-known) enough to just get endless referrals, you will need to sell at some point. If someone asks you to run down your program and what you can do for them and at the end balks at signing up, what they are in effect saying is that they don't believe you. With newspaper and phonebook ads, you have to have an argument ready for this without even being there, which is a pretty difficult trick. Testimonials and before/after pics would possibly work in this context.

What you're asking of people is both their money and their trust, neither of which is easily parted with in today's economic climate. If you leave them any reason to doubt, they will. This includes undercharging and undervaluing your services. The question in their mind when they first see you is why should they believe you? If you can't convince them of your worth (expecting them to just take your word for it will fail), then you need to work on this first, most basic step before even worrying about anything else. Overcoming objections is something you will need to have well in hand until your business becomes established enough to become self-sustaining.

Come here and open your mouth, S103/Syntrax, I gotta take a piss: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3569901

rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think it's going to take more than a newspaper add to attract high dollar clients.

I would start building a network. You're going to be better off building relationships than trying to reinvent the wheel when it comes to marketing. Find people you can share clients with who won't directly take your business. Or stick to the lower end clientele and switch to semi-private and make the same per hour as training 'rich' clients. Or if you're lucky, charge rich rates and group train them.
    CSCS
    MS Exercise Science, Colorado State University

http://patrickperformancetraining.com

Mentorship under Alwyn Cosgrove in August!

Originally Posted by rpatrick5 View Post
    I think it's going to take more than a newspaper add to attract high dollar clients.

I would start building a network. You're going to be better off building relationships than trying to reinvent the wheel when it comes to marketing. Find people you can share clients with who won't directly take your business. Or stick to the lower end clientele and switch to semi-private and make the same per hour as training 'rich' clients. Or if you're lucky, charge rich rates and group train them.
    reinventing the wheel? gee, I thought i was just asking for advice about a basic standard newspaper ad. I didnt know I was being revolutionary, lol

yes, of course I agree with all you have said, but thats all long or medium range stuff....I am looking for positive steps to take THIS WEEK.

Presently I dont HAVE any clients to share. I wasnt joking when I said I was basically restarting from scratch.

About a month ago, when my "low budget" clients had enough cancellations between them all to amount to an overall 50% cancellation rate that week, I decided I had had enough. So I informed them I myself would be taking the next week off. That pretty much cleaned the slate and I havent physically trained anyone in about 3 weeks.

So I am looking to restart and either sink or swim with this training thing. What I am not willing to do is train people for $20/session any longer. 20+ years of gym experience shouldnt come so cheaply.

So thats where I am right now. "Building a network" is nice and all but basically I need to jump start things and get at LEAST 1-2 steady clients, lol.

everyone keeps telling me how NOT to word an ad...no on has yet told me how TO word one.

there are no mentors, no structure, no friendly fellow trainers to look to for help. Its all me, lol
    Last edited by John Prophet; 05-25-2008 at 11:59 AM.

So I am looking to restart and either sink or swim with this training thing. What I am not willing to do is train people for $20/session any longer. 20+ years of gym experience shouldnt come so cheaply.
    Ok, fine. So if the question is why should they pick you, are you saying that 2 decades of you working out is what you're offering? Let me ask you another question. What does this mean, exactly? Does it translate into you being able to show them the exercises or does it mean more?

everyone keeps telling me how NOT to word an ad...no on has yet told me how TO word one.
    All roads lead to Rome, man and everyone has to find their own style. Are you looking for someone to actually write the ad copy for you?

there are no mentors, no structure, no friendly fellow trainers to look to for help. Its all me, lol
    There were none when I was doing it, either. So what? There are a lot of tools at your disposal in this Forum alone and everybody can put the wrench in front of you, but no one can make you pick it up and apply it to the bolt.

Before we get sidetracked, let's look at what's being discussed here so far.

*) Newspaper/phonebook ads are of dubious usefulness.
    *) Overcoming objections is maybe the biggest part of the game for pts at the ground floor.
    *) Answering the question of why should anyone hire you as well as what you're offering and other clients questions is necessary and may give you the direction you need.

As to the steps to take THIS WEEK, I have never seen an instant, overnight client base, unless you can pick up for another successful trainer while they are off on vacation or something...

Before you get pissed at all of this, particularly the questions, do realize that if you can't answer them here, you probably can't answer them to clients either and that is a deficiency you will need to correct if you wish to be successful, unless you are handed a contract to train people for schools or some company or something similar (unlikely without a cert)...my suggestion is basically to come up with a comprehensive game plan and then put it out there. This will take time, but clearly what you were doing before was not working so it may be worth a shot at least...

njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First off I think you might have contributed to your cancellation rate by offering rock bottom prices. If someone misses a session, well 20 bucks won't hit them so hard. 65-70 they might think twice. As I said in the other thread I would strongly think twice before EVER discounted my services just to get people. What if you land alot of people at that 20 session. DO you think you can increase them to what you should actually earn. NOPE. SO you are busy training people at a discounted rate and don't have the time for new clients.

I gave you a couple resources in the past.

Ryan Lee and Phil Kaplan are two are the marketing gurus in this business. Check out their websites, subscribe to their newsletters.

As to your present situation. I would strongly encourage you to reach out to your local chamber of commerce of other business group and offer to speak at one of their upcoming meetings. However the presentation should not revolve around I am a personal trainer and these are my services. But rather a general topic such as Exercise your way to Stress Reduction or some general topic. good luck

Originally Posted by njmuscle66 View Post
    First off I think you might have contributed to your cancellation rate by offering rock bottom prices. If someone misses a session, well 20 bucks won't hit them so hard. 65-70 they might think twice. As I said in the other thread I would strongly think twice before EVER discounted my services just to get people. What if you land alot of people at that 20 session. DO you think you can increase them to what you should actually earn. NOPE. SO you are busy training people at a discounted rate and don't have the time for new clients.

I gave you a couple resources in the past.

Ryan Lee and Phil Kaplan are two are the marketing gurus in this business. Check out their websites, subscribe to their newsletters.

As to your present situation. I would strongly encourage you to reach out to your local chamber of commerce of other business group and offer to speak at one of their upcoming meetings. However the presentation should not revolve around I am a personal trainer and these are my services. But rather a general topic such as Exercise your way to Stress Reduction or some general topic. good luck

yeah, obviously I realize there is no future in training people for rock bottom prices....ESPECIALLY with no firm cancellation policy.

$50/session is the highest I have heard of charged locally. AFAIK only 1-2 guy charges that. The rest in my gym charge around $20.

another local gym charges $35...ths split is $21 for trainer, $14 to the gym.

I KNOW its hard for people to fathom....but $35/session is more than most people in this area are going to pay. U cant understand unless u have lived in a low cost of living/low wage area. My apt is $325/mo for 2 bedroom...not $975 like in some areas.

for fun and kicks, we also have either THE or close to the top unemployment rate in the country (thanks NAFTA)

to even mention $65-75/session is just unreasonable for this area. Like I said, I had to hear people squawk about $20.

So afaic, $50 is about as high as its going to go unless one really gets in with the rich crowd somehow, lol.

I would be fairly satisfied making about $35/session right now and then bumping that up when I do get my certification.

Chamber of Commerce Meeting. Ok, ive never been to one...am I wrong in thinking its a bench of old guys sitting around puffing cigars? lol

njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yeah, obviously I realize there is no future in training people for rock bottom prices....ESPECIALLY with no firm cancellation policy.

$50/session is the highest I have heard of charged locally. AFAIK only 1-2 guy charges that. The rest in my gym charge around $20.

another local gym charges $35...ths split is $21 for trainer, $14 to the gym.

I KNOW its hard for people to fathom....but $35/session is more than most people in this area are going to pay. U cant understand unless u have lived in a low cost of living/low wage area. My apt is $325/mo for 2 bedroom...not $975 like in some areas.

for fun and kicks, we also have either THE or close to the top unemployment rate in the country (thanks NAFTA)

to even mention $65-75/session is just unreasonable for this area. Like I said, I had to hear people squawk about $20.

So afaic, $50 is about as high as its going to go unless one really gets in with the rich crowd somehow, lol.

I would be fairly satisfied making about $35/session right now and then bumping that up when I do get my certification.

Chamber of Commerce Meeting. Ok, ive never been to one...am I wrong in thinking its a bench of old guys sitting around puffing cigars? lol

Yes you would be wrong and it would allow you an opportunity to meet others and possibly getting into bartering for services that you might need. Ie: a graphic company doing ads for you in return for training.

Just curious where you are located

I know every market is different but I was talking to a trainer the other day about maybe putting together a studio with him. We got to talking about pricing services and he was like I don't even put on my sneakers for less than $60 per hour. I just found it a funny statement

Originally Posted by njmuscle66 View Post
    I know every market is different but I was talking to a trainer the other day about maybe putting together a studio with him. We got to talking about pricing services and he was like I don't even put on my sneakers for less than $60 per hour. I just found it a funny statement
    more power to him....but where does he live?

in some areas he wouldnt put his sneakers on much at all.

lol....so much for not putting all my laundry out in the street, lol. (I pmed u for a reason)

Millionaires row is a very small area...maybe 20 households? but, yes, there are some other concentrated areas that would be good to target for a mailing

lol....so much for not putting all my laundry out in the street, lol. (I pmed u for a reason)

Millionaires row is a very small area...maybe 20 households? but, yes, there are some other concentrated areas that would be good to target for a mailing
    my bad I deleted it

furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As the owner of a PT studio in a small town, I can tell you that the most difficult thing in the world is to raise your prices after initially lowballing your clients.

We charge $60 per hour and $35 per half hour (which are by far our most popular option) But unless you are in particularily affluent market (NYC or LA), the idea is to train more people together at a lower overall price.

For example, if you train a group of 4 low paying clients at $20 per hour, you still make far more in that hour than 1 person at $60. From experience, I can tell you group training cuts down on cancellation rates and locks people in to a schedule.

Offer your clients a free session for recruiting a friend to train with them. Word of mouth will naturally cultivate these type of sessions and you will suddenly find an abundance of clients who will spend money on training and even nutrition products.
    The division between success and faliure lies not in fate or chance but ones ability to seize opportunity- JFK

Want to look like a model? Train with one.

[url]http://www.ckwellness.net/[/url]

Need support for your goals? Call on a spotter.

[url]http://www.thespotter.net/[/url]

Originally Posted by furious420 View Post
    As the owner of a PT studio in a small town, I can tell you that the most difficult thing in the world is to raise your prices after initially lowballing your clients.

We charge $60 per hour and $35 per half hour (which are by far our most popular option) But unless you are in particularily affluent market (NYC or LA), the idea is to train more people together at a lower overall price.

For example, if you train a group of 4 low paying clients at $20 per hour, you still make far more in that hour than 1 person at $60. From experience, I can tell you group training cuts down on cancellation rates and locks people in to a schedule.

Offer your clients a free session for recruiting a friend to train with them. Word of mouth will naturally cultivate these type of sessions and you will suddenly find an abundance of clients who will spend money on training and even nutrition products.

yeah, the word of mouth thing. Im not sure whats up with that...evidently since I am sort of the reserved type, I seem to attract people who dont know how to talk to other people. Like I have had clients for months who were happy with the service I provided, yet I have had ZERO word of mouth referrels. Mostly I get the "none of my friends want to lift weights" deal.

Ive offered free sessions etc etc. Have told em "you bring me a few clients and your training will almost be free" etc. to no avail.
    Not going to lie, if I had known it would be this much of an uphill battle I might have never bothered, lol

Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you meet them outside of the gym, and bring them in...

Originally Posted by Mr. Aries View Post
    thats like saying "buy low, sell high". But the devil is in the details.

If I were a strong "meeter and greeter" then Id already have plenty of clients (and a wife, lol)

Dammit, JC. You know this only works if you're in shape...or if you have a really snazzy yellow shirt.

rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think $20/session is too low. You're definitely undervaluing your services.

It's a weird paradox but when I gave diets for free I would spend so much time on them and make each person happy, but they would never follow it.

When I finally said @*#$ it and charged a high rate I had people follow it. When they are paying they will follow it because they value it more

Here's an idea to attract some wealthier clientele for cheap.

Golf attracts some of the richest players. (Assuming you have some links in your area) Create a 1-2 page flyer with pictures that show simple exercises or drills golfers can use to improve their game--little posture improvements that may help with swing mechanics and thus, longer drives. I wouldn't talk about posture stuff to them, but just the end result: bigger drives, less back/shoulder pain, something. See if your local clubs will post the flyers around their course. It wouldn't cost them anything to post and it would be something of value to their clients. The only thing you could ask for in return is the opportunity to put your contact information in the footer of the paper or something. You could even use pictures of you demonstrating the exercises so people can even identify you.

I would also look into the book Guerrilla Marketing, it has some great ideas to market for cheap.
    CSCS
    MS Exercise Science, Colorado State University

http://patrickperformancetraining.com

Mentorship under Alwyn Cosgrove in August!

Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Where do you live dude.
    Your best bet may be to move.

Originally Posted by Al Shades View Post
    Where do you live dude.
    Your best bet may be to move.
    yeah...probably so. or, I might consider living here but training in the next town over which is 5x as big. about an hr drive.

definitely have to get my cert and polish up my act a little b4 going that route

Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by rpatrick5 View Post
    I think $20/session is too low. You're definitely undervaluing your services.

It's a weird paradox but when I gave diets for free I would spend so much time on them and make each person happy, but they would never follow it.

When I finally said @*#$ it and charged a high rate I had people follow it. When they are paying they will follow it because they value it more

Here's an idea to attract some wealthier clientele for cheap.

Golf attracts some of the richest players. (Assuming you have some links in your area) Create a 1-2 page flyer with pictures that show simple exercises or drills golfers can use to improve their game--little posture improvements that may help with swing mechanics and thus, longer drives. I wouldn't talk about posture stuff to them, but just the end result: bigger drives, less back/shoulder pain, something. See if your local clubs will post the flyers around their course. It wouldn't cost them anything to post and it would be something of value to their clients. The only thing you could ask for in return is the opportunity to put your contact information in the footer of the paper or something. You could even use pictures of you demonstrating the exercises so people can even identify you.

I would also look into the book Guerrilla Marketing, it has some great ideas to market for cheap.

20 bucks a session? damn... babysitters get paid more to deal with less!

20 bucks a session? damn... babysitters get paid more to deal with less!
    yep...and at $20/session it generally does amount to babysitting

btw, I am going to use that line to meet price objections, lol "u got kids...how much do you pay for a babysitter?"

how much is a decent 2br apt in fort worth going for?
    Last edited by John Prophet; 05-27-2008 at 01:15 AM.

Life=Red Sox/Pit Bulls NDame616's Avatar
    NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Find five overweight women at your gym.
    Offer to train them for free for a month.
    Take before and after pix.
    If you're any good, they're gonna drop over 10 lbs and look much, much better.
    Use their pictures/testamonials in all of your advertising.
    Those 5 women should directly get you thousands of dollars in business

neverTOOOOObig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neverTOOOOObig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neverTOOOOObig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neverTOOOOObig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neverTOOOOObig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neverTOOOOObig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neverTOOOOObig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neverTOOOOObig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just to give you something to think about...I asked the other day what were the rates at my gym just out of curiosity...50 per hr and the trainer starts at getting only 19 of it, goes up based on more credentials, etc. Just giving you a persepective, and this is in a chicago suburb
    pain is weakness leaving the body

Originally Posted by NDame616 View Post
    Find five overweight women at your gym.
    Offer to train them for free for a month.
    Take before and after pix.
    If you're any good, they're gonna drop over 10 lbs and look much, much better.
    Use their pictures/testamonials in all of your advertising.
    Those 5 women should directly get you thousands of dollars in business
    true. if u make 1 huge assumption....that they will eat what u tell them to eat.

Life=Red Sox/Pit Bulls NDame616's Avatar
    NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    true. if u make 1 huge assumption....that they will eat what u tell them to eat.
    Makwe them keep a food journal. Have them sign a contract outlining your out of gym expectations of them. If they fail them, they are fired.

Most will jump at the chance of getting a "personal trainer for free" that they will do everything they can to meet those expectations.