Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    B_baller123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I have a few questions, help please.

Hello there! I am new to the forums and I have a few questions for you guys. I chose this forums because it seemed like the best place to receive an answer.

Questions:

1) I have love handels which I would like to get rid of. I am currently working out everyday except Sunday in my gargage(CT,BB,Legs) and I sweat a lot and my arms and legs seem to be in good shape but my love handels make my body look bad. Heres pics:

What sort of exercises should I do to help reduce that effectivley.

2) Should I even exercise it? I mean if I work out and sweat will it eventually go down?

3) I have this belt my uncle gave me that heats up and makes me sweat around that area, does this even work at all?

4) If I take protein and workout chest, biceps, triceps, back, and legs everyday except Sunday but not my abs, will my stomach get fat because of the whey protein?
    Please help me out!
    Last edited by B_baller123; 05-24-2008 at 05:24 PM.

ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    DIET is #1 on how your body looks, cardio helps trim things up faster. Id personally say get on a strict clean diet (chicken, brown rice, tuna, vegetables etc) throw in some cardio 4-5 times a week (30-40min) until your down 20-25lbs.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Your King

Originally Posted by ITHURTZ View Post
    DIET is #1 on how your body looks, cardio helps trim things up faster. Id personally say get on a strict clean diet (chicken, brown rice, tuna, vegetables etc) throw in some cardio 4-5 times a week (30-40min) until your down 20-25lbs.
    Should I do cardio and still workout as many days as I do now? And if I do like 30 minutes of cardio a day, should I do it on my treadmill or run outside? which is faster? how long do you think it will take me to cut down that much weight?

ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I dont know what your routine looks like, just make sure you get 4-5 days in. The goal with cardio isnt to get it done faster. You do 30-40min there is no cutting corners. If you do 3miles in 30min, next time go 3.25 etc. You dont run 3miles in 30 then try to go it in 25, then 20 and call that a day. 30-40min.

Running outside gives you wind resistance and different terrain, which IMO is better. How long depends on you, it could take 4 weeks, or 4 months.

Your King

I dont know what your routine looks like, just make sure you get 4-5 days in. The goal with cardio isnt to get it done faster. You do 30-40min there is no cutting corners. If you do 3miles in 30min, next time go 3.25 etc. You dont run 3miles in 30 then try to go it in 25, then 20 and call that a day. 30-40min.

Running outside gives you wind resistance and different terrain, which IMO is better. How long depends on you, it could take 4 weeks, or 4 months.
    I can last much longer on the tredmill and constantly run without stopping for 30-40 minutes. If I run outside I run for like 2-3 min. then take 30 sec break(walking) then run again. I want to know which is better. I will keep a healthy diet. My workout takes about 1 hour a day and consists of 4-5 different exercises a day each are 3x12

Monday - Chest and Triceps.
    Tuesday - Back and Biceps
    Wednesday - Legs
    Repeat
    Sunday - OFF

DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    agreed, training "imo" is 25%, diet is the other 75% training only stimulants the muscle, diet and nutrition will actually build the muscle and take off the body fat.

Originally Posted by B_baller123 View Post
    I can last much longer on the tredmill and constantly run without stopping for 30-40 minutes. If I run outside I run for like 2-3 min. then take 30 sec break(walking) then run again. I want to know which is better. I will keep a healthy diet. My workout takes about 1 hour a day and consists of 4-5 different exercises a day each are 3x12

Monday - Chest and Triceps.
    Tuesday - Back and Biceps
    Wednesday - Legs
    Repeat
    Sunday - OFF
    You might wanna check out HIIT then. IE sprint 40 yards or something, walk back and when u cross the line turn around and sprint back etc etc for 20min. Its a EXCELLENT way to burn fat. I would personally (again IMO) drop the 12 rep crap and go for 4 sets of 8

Your King

Gator Muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gator Muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gator Muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gator Muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gator Muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gator Muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gator Muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gator Muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gator Muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gator Muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gator Muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10)

This is great, simple advice. Do this. Bro, you need to make jogging the #1 priority for a while. When you lean up a little, start devoting more time to weight training.
    www.fullcirclemuscleandfitness.com

Articles, Supplements, Videos

www.extremebodybuilding.net

killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    They told you right baller, Diet is number 1. But you also need to do other things outside of the gym. I.E. low stress level, enough sleep, etc. You also need to kick up the cardio to what was already suggested or either change it a bit depending on your goals.

krisssi is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisssi is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisssi is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisssi is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisssi is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisssi is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisssi is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisssi is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisssi is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisssi is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisssi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How's your diet?

If you need to shed fat around your abdominal area then you must create a calorie deficit and consistently burn more calories than you consume.

Read up about nutrition and up your cardio to about three times a week.

You are weight-lifting which will build muscle, and in turn your muscles will help you burn fat even while resting, but I think 6 days a week might be too much of a good thing. 3-4 days a week weight-lifting and then cardio on your off days would be a better idea I think.

Also make sure that you're getting enough sleep, that is very important.

Alright, I will eat what you listed above (chicken, brown rice, tuna, vegetables etc) and should I split cardio and weightlifting? or should I just forget about weightlifting till my body gets leaner from cardio training? If I burn more calories when I run on the treadmill should I just switch to that? Should I take a whey protein shake before I run? So I burn the fat calories.

A & B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A & B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A & B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A & B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A & B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A & B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A & B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A & B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A & B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A & B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A & B has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You should think about doing some shoulder exercises. Doing lots of chest and back without working your shoulders runs the risk of injuring your shoulders.

Alright, I will eat what you listed above (chicken, brown rice, tuna, vegetables etc) and should I split cardio and weightlifting? or should I just forget about weightlifting till my body gets leaner from cardio training? If I burn more calories when I run on the treadmill should I just switch to that? Should I take a whey protein shake before I run? So I burn the fat calories.
    But for fat loss, it's all about DIET and CARDIO! Continue your weight routine and do cardio 4-5 times per week, for a good 30 mins. Also, vary up your cardio. Cardio doesn't always have to mean running; swimming, biking, playing some sport...

Okay, seriously though, if you are serious about getting into weight lifting and staying fit, there are a lot of good books out there that will provide you with all the information you need. I suggest picking one up and reading it.

Getting in shape (whatever that means for you, we all have different goals) is a long-term, lifestyle commitment. It will be well worth your while to read up on it. And btw, magazines don't count.
    Every journey begins with a single step.

Originally Posted by A & B View Post
    You should think about doing some shoulder exercises. Doing lots of chest and back without working your shoulders runs the risk of injuring your shoulders.

But for fat loss, it's all about DIET and CARDIO! Continue your weight routine and do cardio 4-5 times per week, for a good 30 mins. Also, vary up your cardio. Cardio doesn't always have to mean running; swimming, biking, playing some sport...

Okay, seriously though, if you are serious about getting into weight lifting and staying fit, there are a lot of good books out there that will provide you with all the information you need. I suggest picking one up and reading it.

Getting in shape (whatever that means for you, we all have different goals) is a long-term, lifestyle commitment. It will be well worth your while to read up on it. And btw, magazines don't count.
    I'll check out some books.

Over the summer I will have lots of time, should I do 30-40 minutes of cardio EVERY day and still workout everyday except Sunday? And also maintain a healthy diet, such as eating veg, chicken, etc. And also staying away from junk food and fast food?

I'll check out some books.

Over the summer I will have lots of time, should I do 30-40 minutes of cardio EVERY day and still workout everyday except Sunday? And also maintain a healthy diet, such as eating veg, chicken, etc. And also staying away from junk food and fast food?
    More isnt better 4-5 days and take those extra 2-3days to rest. Staying away from junk food fast food is a given

Your King

More isnt better 4-5 days and take those extra 2-3days to rest. Staying away from junk food fast food is a given
    Alright, so I'll do 4 days of cardio a week. But maintain the current workout program I got right? Should I also do like crunches and sit-ups and stuff?

As for cardio, I do enjoy playing Basketball, and I have a swimming pool in the back of my house, should I just do laps back and forth with the pool?

Doings ab workouts is a must, you gotta have muscle to show otherwise it will just be a lean nothing. Swimming is great for cardio. Basketball for a hr would be good

As for routine post your ENTIRE routine, each day, exercises, reps sets etc. Ill go through it and help you there.

Your King

Doings ab workouts is a must, you gotta have muscle to show otherwise it will just be a lean nothing. Swimming is great for cardio. Basketball for a hr would be good

As for routine post your ENTIRE routine, each day, exercises, reps sets etc. Ill go through it and help you there.
    Alright; Let's start with Monday, after each day we get approved we move on to the next day.

In the morning and after I'm done with both cardio and wrightlifing, I drink 24gs of whey portein.

Monday - Chest and Triceps, 30-40 minute cardio.

run for 1 minute to warm up

START - Stretch
    Flat bench - 4x8
    Inclined bench - 4x8
    Skull crushers - 4x8
    Overhead Extensions - 4x8
    Dumbbell Kickback - 4x8
    Reverse curl - 4x8 (I will also do this exercise when I'm working Biceps)
    END - Stretch

Couple of hours later/before, I start cardio.

Basketball - 40 minutes.

Your chest needs more of a workout

Flat bench and incline are good, now throw in some dips and flies.
    For triceps throw in some close grip bench press and throw out the kick backs. Do reverse curls on bicep day.

Your King

Your chest needs more of a workout

Flat bench and incline are good, now throw in some dips and flies.
    For triceps throw in some close grip bench press and throw out the kick backs. Do reverse curls on bicep day.
    Alright, I can't do dibs because I don't have the thing in my garage.

START - Stretch
    Flat bench - 4x8
    Inclined bench - 4x8
    Flies - 4x8
    Skull crushers - 4x8
    Overhead Extensions - 4x8
    Close grip bench - 4x8
    END - Stretch

Couple of hours later/before, I start cardio.

Basketball - 40 minutes.

So thats Monday?

Do cardio directly after working out.

No place for dips is a excuse, specially in a garage, stack some bars on some cylinder blocks if you have to.

For tris I would go in order imo
    CGBP
    skull crushers
    then extensions

Other than that, monday seems to be A ok with me. Keep rest times in the 2min area also

Your King

Do cardio directly after working out.

No place for dips is a excuse, specially in a garage, stack some bars on some cylinder blocks if you have to.

For tris I would go in order imo
    CGBP
    skull crushers
    then extensions

Other than that, monday seems to be A ok with me. Keep rest times in the 2min area also
    Alright. Now for Tuesday.

START - Stretch
    Dumbbell Bent-over Row - 4x8
    Bent Over Barbell Rows - 4x8
    Standing Bar Curls - 4x8
    Standing Dumbbell Curls - 4x8
    Barbell Concentration Curls - 4x8
    END - Stretch

Running via Treadmill - 30 minutes.

How does that sound?

getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by IrishDave View Post
    agreed, training "imo" is 25%, diet is the other 75% training only stimulants the muscle, diet and nutrition will actually build the muscle and take off the body fat.
    so shouldn't it be 50:50?
    "Why would you want to eat a vegetable unless it was wrapped in bacon?" Michael Symon

Alwyn Cosgrove steals other peoples work.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124530811

Originally Posted by getgot211 View Post
    so shouldn't it be 50:50?
    no diet IS what you look like. Diet is how you pack on muscle, diet is how you lose the fat. Without diet you are nothing.

Alright. Now for Tuesday.

START - Stretch
    Standing Bar Curls - 4x8
    Barbell Concentration Curls - 4x8
    END - Stretch

How does that sound?
    For biceps throw out the concentration curls and throw in hammers or reverse curls

Your back is a mess
    You need pull up and some kind of deadlift/rackpull in there.
    Barbell row before dumbell row.

My back looks like this
    pullups
    yates rows
    dumbell or cable single arm row
    rackpulls
    shrugs

Your King

getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    no diet IS what you look like. Diet is how you pack on muscle, diet is how you lose the fat. Without diet you are nothing.
    but you're something without training?

cool.
    "Why would you want to eat a vegetable unless it was wrapped in bacon?" Michael Symon

For biceps throw out the concentration curls and throw in hammers or reverse curls

Your back is a mess
    You need pull up and some kind of deadlift/rackpull in there.
    Barbell row before dumbell row.

My back looks like this
    pullups
    yates rows
    dumbell or cable single arm row
    rackpulls
    shrugs
    START - Stretch
    Deadlift - 4x8
    Standing Bar Curls - 4x8
    Reverse Curls - 4x8
    END - Stretch

Alright, Tuesday is set then?

Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by getgot211 View Post
    but you're something without training?

cool.
    His point is valid. If you eat garbage food yet work out, you're not going to see much benefit. It's a waste of time. If you diet and train the right way, you'll see much more gains or improvements to your body than you would eating Big Macs.

Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    As others have said, diet and cardio are going to really help here. I'd go on a low carb diet or do some carb cycling. Do early morning cardio upon wakeup on a totally empty stomach, it's important that it's low intensity though, like walking, don't jog or run, just walk. You can try doing some HIIT style cardio as well, just don't do it after your workout as it's very muscle wasting when cortisol levels are high (i.e. after lifting weights). Diet + Cardio are the keys though.
    Welcome to thunder dome, bitch.

Originally Posted by Flair4TheGold View Post
    His point is valid. If you eat garbage food yet work out, you're not going to see much benefit. It's a waste of time. If you diet and train the right way, you'll see much more gains or improvements to your body than you would eating Big Macs.
    and if you have a perfect diet but sit around all day you'll still be a fat ass. is that not the same waste of time?

Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Emmortal View Post
    As others have said, diet and cardio are going to really help here. I'd go on a low carb diet or do some carb cycling. Do early morning cardio upon wakeup on a totally empty stomach, it's important that it's low intensity though, like walking, don't jog or run, just walk. You can try doing some HIIT style cardio as well, just don't do it after your workout as it's very muscle wasting when cortisol levels are high (i.e. after lifting weights). Diet + Cardio are the keys though.
    Not true. Doing HIIT after weight training is more encouraged than discouraged.

Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Flair4TheGold View Post
    Not true. Doing HIIT after weight training is more encouraged than discouraged.
    Doing high intensity cardio after weight training is probably the worst thing you can do. Your cortisol levels are high and your body will go to the muscle for fuel. I don't know where you got that from, but it's completely false.
    Welcome to thunder dome, bitch.