Closed Thread
    P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

P90X - Kempo X Review

I thought I would post some information on the Kempo X (P90X) routine which is one of the main Cardio "staples" of the P90X programs. I have been receiving a bunch of messages regarding P90X, so I thought I would start posting some information for others can view who are interested in starting the P90X program. It's personally my least favorite of the P90X routines, but seems to be a real favorite of most people who have done the P90X program. Why is it my least favorite, well I'm not a Karate fan or one who really cares to kick. I like the boxing aspect of the routine, but the kicking in the routine really doesn't do anything for me (besides make me sweat).

Kempo by nature consists of three fundamental components, Blocking, Kicking and Striking. Kempo X utilizes these three components to make you sweat, sweat, sweat. I find this "cardio" routine is the third most intense "working" routine of the P90X lot. I personally think Plyometrics (Plyo) and Core Synergistics (Core) are the most intense routines and ones that will get you the most bang for your buck. Kempo does make you burn calories like crazy though... that?s why you perform the routine all 13 weeks of the P90X program. The great thing about this routine is the extended breaks which allow you to get in 90 seconds of running or jumping jacks to really get the blood flowing and heart pumping. There are 3 breaks during this 60minute routine. As recommended by Tony, the instructor, don?t just stand around and breathe during the breaks, get your knees and pants up and work even harder during those breaks.

Since I've performed this workout countless times, 25+, I wondered how many Punches, Kicks and Blocks I was doing for 60 minutes, thus my research into the routine. I've documented below the exercises performed in the routine and their associated Kicks, Punches and Blocks.

Exercise 1: Twist & Pivot - Warm up exercise to get your hips moving in the right direction for the rest of the exercises to come in the routine. Punches: 0 Kicks: 0 Blocks: 0

Exercise 2: Hook/Upper Cut Combination - 25 Hook & Upper cut punches from the left side, then your right side. Punches: 100 Kicks: 0 Blocks: 0

Exercise 3: Jabs - 25 Jab punches from the left side, then your right side. Punches: 50 Kicks: 0 Blocks: 0

Exercise 4: Jab/Cross Combination - 25 Jab & Cross punch combinations from the left side, then your right side. Punches: 100 Kicks: 0 Blocks: 0

Exercise 5: Jab/Cross/Hook Combination - 25 Jab, Cross, Hook punch combinations from the left side, then your right side. Punches: 150 Kicks: 0 Blocks: 0

Exercise 6: Jab/Cross/Hook/Upper Cut Combination - 25 Jab, Cross, Hook, Upper Cut punch combinations from the left side, then your right side. Punches: 200 Kicks: 0 Blocks: 0

Exercise 7: Punch High/Punch Low Combination - 30 punch High & Low combinations from the left side, then your right side. Punches: 60 Kicks: 0 Blocks: 0

Exercise 8: Jab/Cross Switch Feet Combination - 20 Jab & Cross combinations and switching feet after each combination. Punches: 40 Kicks: 0 Blocks: 0

Exercise 9: Hook/Upper Cut Switch Feet Combination - 20 Hook & Upper Cut combinations and switching feet after each combination. Punches: 40 Kicks: 0 Blocks: 0

Exercise 10: Knee Kicks - 30 Knee Kicks from the left side, then your right side. Punches: 0 Kicks: 60 Blocks: 0

Exercise 11: Ball Kicks - 30 Ball Kicks from the left side, then your right side. Punches: 0 Kicks: 60 Blocks: 0

Exercise 12: Side Kicks - 30 Side Kicks from the left side, then your right side. Punches: 0 Kicks: 60 Blocks: 0

Exercise 13: Back Kicks - 25 Side Kicks from the left side, then your right side. Punches: 0 Kicks: 50 Blocks: 0

Exercise 14: Three Direction Kicks - Ball Kick, Side Kick, and Back Kick combination from the left side, then your right side, 8 sets. Punches: 0 Kicks: 48 Blocks: 0

Exercise 15: High Sword/Low Hammer - 15 Strike High & Strike Low combination from the left side, then your right side. Punches: 60 Kicks: 0 Blocks: 0

Exercise 16: Drag, Claw, Punch - 25 Punches from the left side, then your right side. Punches: 50 Kicks: 0 Blocks: 0

Exercise 17: High Blocks - 30 Blocks with left and right arms. Punches: 0 Kicks: 0 Blocks: 60

Exercise 18: Inward Blocks - 30 Blocks with left and right arms. Punches: 0 Kicks: 0 Blocks: 60

Exercise 19: Outward Blocks - 30 Blocks with left and right arms. Punches: 0 Kicks: 0 Blocks: 60

Exercise 20: Downward Blocks - 30 Blocks with left and right arms. Punches: 0 Kicks: 0 Blocks: 60

Exercise 21: Star Blocks - 4 Block Combination performed 16 times. Punches: 0 Kicks: 0 Blocks: 64

Exercise 22: Block High/Low Punch - 25 Block & Punch combination from the left side, then your right side. Punches: 50 Kicks: 0 Blocks: 50

Exercise 23: Knee/Back Kicks - 15 Knee Kick and Back Kick combination from the left side, then your right side. Punches: 0 Kicks: 60 Blocks: 0

Exercise 24: Knuckles/Ball Kick/Back Kick - 10 Double Knuckle Punch, Ball Kick and Back Kick combination from the left side, then your right side. Punches: 40 Kicks: 40 Blocks: 0

Exercise 25: Hook/Upper Cut/Side Kick - 10 Hook, Upper Cut and Side Kick combination from the left side, then your right side. Punches: 40 Kicks: 20 Blocks: 0

Exercise 26: Elbow Series - 30 Elbow Block combinations. Punches: 0 Kicks: 0 Blocks: 60

Exercise 27: Vertical Punches - approximately 150 punches with your left and right fists. Punches: 150 Kicks: 0 Blocks: 0

================================================

Totals- Punches: 1130 Kicks: 398 Blocks: 414

derivxinteg314 will become famous soon enough. (+50) derivxinteg314 will become famous soon enough. (+50) derivxinteg314 will become famous soon enough. (+50) derivxinteg314 will become famous soon enough. (+50) derivxinteg314 will become famous soon enough. (+50) derivxinteg314 will become famous soon enough. (+50) derivxinteg314 will become famous soon enough. (+50) derivxinteg314 will become famous soon enough. (+50) derivxinteg314 will become famous soon enough. (+50) derivxinteg314 will become famous soon enough. (+50) derivxinteg314 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thanks for the info

bolaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bolaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bolaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bolaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bolaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bolaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bolaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bolaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bolaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bolaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bolaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i like most of the workouts on p90x but kenpo i just find extremely boring

nicole7275 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nicole7275 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nicole7275 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nicole7275 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nicole7275 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nicole7275 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nicole7275 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nicole7275 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nicole7275 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nicole7275 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nicole7275 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Sub for kenpo x

What is a good substitute for this workout?