SCP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Woking out first thing in the morning

Does anybody here or has anybody here lifted first thing in the morning?
    I'm trying to cut and with my new job I have 0 time to workout so I decided to get up 1 hour early and use that time to workout.

Now I have a few questions.
    On my days where I lift, is it ok to lift on an empty stomach then have a protein shake and breakfast? Or should I have a protein shake first then lift and eat breakfast? Or should I just eat breakfast first then have a protein shake?

How do you guys find working out first thing in the morning? Too tired to do it? Leaves you with more energy the rest of the day? Any advice?

I'm just looking to see what people's thoughts are for lifting first thing in the morning....

Thanks guys.

Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I fought lifting first thing in the morn for a long time, but once I got started I loved it. It frees up your day when you get it out of the way.
    As for breakfast I always had a protein shake (I prefer Real Gains), worked out, then had another shake as soon as I got to work. As for supps, you kinda just have to work around it.

patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Personally I hate working out in the morning with a passion. I have no energy if I haven't eaten something. I workout after work when I have a few meals in my body. To answer your question, I don't think you should lift on an empty stomach. If you do your lifts will suck big time. And you're also running the risk to get dead hungry while you workout, which you don't want to happen.
    Now if you really have no other time to workout, I suggest you take something high in fast digesting carbs like gatorade or stuff. You can also mix it with some whey protein. Sip the drink between sets and should make your workout more effective. Don't drink it all just before though, because you will get bloatet.
    By the way, may I ask you what's that job and your schedule?

patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Swamp Dog View Post
    I fought lifting first thing in the morn for a long time, but once I got started I loved it. It frees up your day when you get it out of the way.
    As for breakfast I always had a protein shake (I prefer Real Gains), worked out, then had another shake as soon as I got to work. As for supps, you kinda just have to work around it.
    What he said is a good advice too... I think it all depends from a person to another...

FullOut19 is just really nice. (+1000) FullOut19 is just really nice. (+1000) FullOut19 is just really nice. (+1000) FullOut19 is just really nice. (+1000) FullOut19 is just really nice. (+1000) FullOut19 is just really nice. (+1000) FullOut19 is just really nice. (+1000) FullOut19 is just really nice. (+1000) FullOut19 is just really nice. (+1000) FullOut19 is just really nice. (+1000) FullOut19 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I usually wake up eat and am in the gym within 90mins of being awake...

if im feeling dead lots of caffine or a good pre-stim helps...showers...good night sleep...etc...

however i used to lift later in the day and i find that it hasnt made much if any difference...
    Winners Make Things Happen, Losers Let Things Happen...

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=JUrb15

Jake4130 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hit the gym around 9 am every morning, I love the morning workouts. Nobody is in the gym, can get in and get out with no hassle.

I eat an hour before I go to the gym:
    2 whole eggs/2 eggs whites
    Oatmeal
    Whey
    Animal Pack

Then a PWO shake.

Shawdowfox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shawdowfox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shawdowfox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shawdowfox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shawdowfox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shawdowfox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shawdowfox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shawdowfox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shawdowfox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shawdowfox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shawdowfox will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Word. if i had the choice to workout out in morning, afternoon, or night I would def choose morning as it gives you more time to do whatever you want, all your meals would count towards rebuilding your muscles/body, and high metabolism
    current/ goals by christmas break
    bench - 155/185
    squat - 205/225
    deadlift - 305/385
    military press - 110/135
    bb row - 140/155
    shoulder press - 50/70

SCP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by patleb940 View Post
    By the way, may I ask you what's that job and your schedule?
    I work Monday to Friday as a security guard doing 12 hour shifts... so 9am-9pm
    I was considering waking up at 7am and hopefully be done by 8am to get ready for work and make the commute

Again, thanks a lot guys... good points.

So would you guys suggest a protein shake first thing in the morning because it absorbs better/quicker, lift, than have breakfast as a PWO?

Anymore input is appreciated..

Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't think that a "real" breakfast would be ideal for early morning workouts. I usually keep it light with just a protein shake with carbs. I can't eat alot first thing in the morning so a shake does well for me. I read somewhere recently (on TP forum) that cited nutrition is an entire day type of thing so I'm not sure how critical it is to get it "just right" around your workout schedule. Get some protein and carbs around the workout and eat right during the day.

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smile

I work out from 5 or so for about 45 minutes. While I wouldn't say not to eat anything before, personally, I can't do that. If I do eat anything, even a banana or a piece of bread, I can't keep it down. Even after the workout, I have to wait about 20 minutes before drinking a protein shake. Try a light meal before--if it doesn't upset your stomach, hey, go for it. If you're puking halfway through, well, wait until later to eat.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Sorry to bump this but just want to update...
    Again, thanks for your help guys...

Started working out mornings, it was a bit of a bitch, but eventually I got used to going to bed earlier and waking up an hour earlier, it helped that I'm taking something pre-workout (Millenium Sport Ragnarok) to wake me up, and I've decided to have a small breakfast, lift, then have a PWO shake.

It's actually not that bad, as like somebody mentioned earlier, the rest of my meals that day count towards my morning lift. And later during the day I get a nice energy boost and a nice sore feeling in my muscles that I just worked, motivating me to my next morning workout.

Lastly, again like you guys said, it DEFINATELY leaves me with more time since I got my lift out of the way in the morning... now if a buddy calls me up after work I can still go out for a bit and not worry about missing a session. Also, lifting right after a long shift is a pain to do and sometimes I get lazy and miss my lift... but now, when I wake up I eat breakfast, lift, PWO shake, shower, get dressed and drive to work.

Not bad.

Not going to lie though, getting into the routine of it is very hard. Especially if you're not a morning person. But if you can do it, it really pays off.