Thread: French Fries..

Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

French Fries..

If potatoes are good for you (yes sweet being better for you but I am under the impression that white potatoes are not necessarily bad for you) and olive oil is a good fat, is there anything unhealthy about French fries fried in olive oil?

Registered User CantrellsAxeman's Avatar
    CantrellsAxeman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    french fries are the highest carbohydrate thing that u can eat, potatoes which are loaded with carbs, and then fried is the icing on the cake, in moderation its obviously ok, but i wouldnt consider makin it a regular part of your diet

Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not sure of the chemical process while frying. Could try baking them with a light coating of olive oil.

I would think that is healthier no matter what.
    πŸŽ„β›„πŸŽ„InπŸŽ„β›„πŸŽ„

baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    There fine in a balanced diet.

Banyans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Banyans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Banyans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Banyans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Banyans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Banyans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Banyans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Banyans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Banyans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Banyans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Banyans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used to crave them a bit so I chopped up some sweet potatoes, brushed some olive oil and herbs on them and baked them... maybe not quite the same but I enjoy them. But I dont see the harm in fries every now and then but as has been said its not advisable to make them a staple of your diet.

Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well here is my thing. I'm not the biggest fan of sweet potatoes so the other day I cubed them up, drizzled with olive oil, seasoned and baked. They were delicious and I was thinking about making it a semi-regular add-on to one of my meals.

Would this be a bad idea, for cut and/or bulk as long as it fit my macros?

baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Mike0430 View Post
    Well here is my thing. I'm not the biggest fan of sweet potatoes so the other day I cubed them up, drizzled with olive oil, seasoned and baked. They were delicious and I was thinking about making it a semi-regular add-on to one of my meals.

Would this be a bad idea, for cut and/or bulk as long as it fit my macros?
    Think about that for a second.............what part of sweet potato and olive oil do you see as a problem? Good both ways, cut or bulk.

ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Banyans View Post
    I used to crave them a bit so I chopped up some sweet potatoes, brushed some olive oil and herbs on them and baked them... maybe not quite the same but I enjoy them. But I dont see the harm in fries every now and then but as has been said its not advisable to make them a staple of your diet.
    actually sounds freakin' deelish! gotta try them
    There is ALWAYS room for improvement.

JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sure olive oil and potatoes aren't bad for you but when most people make french fries they are using a lot of oil and the potatoes are absorbing all of that. To much of it is not going to be good for you. Slicing up some sweet potatoes and drizzling some olive oil, seasoning then baking isn't bad because your not using much oils. When you deep fry something you don't use olive oil. Just make sure not to get your fries from McDonald's.