marwan38 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How many times do i take protein a day?

well, im 14.. i just bought some protein powder, im wondering how many times should i take it a day? and how much? i weigh 55kgs, which is 121 lbs.. someplaces i read i should take .9 gram per body weight.. some sites 1-1.5.. im not sure i just wanna be on the safe side..thanks OH by the way, i work out 3 times a week, so should i take protein EVERY day or just on the days i work out?

willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by marwan38 View Post
    well, im 14.. i just bought some protein powder, im wondering how many times should i take it a day? and how much? i weigh 55kgs, which is 121 lbs.. someplaces i read i should take .9 gram per body weight.. some sites 1-1.5.. im not sure i just wanna be on the safe side..thanks OH by the way, i work out 3 times a week, so should i take protein EVERY day or just on the days i work out?
    1-1.5g per body weight is protein, not protein powder. at 14, i would take a scoop-scoop in a half just post workout, and then eat food throughout the day, lots of it

can you please explain.. lol.. or someone elses opinion.. thanks

willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    what are you not clear on?
    over the course of the day eat a little ove 1g of protein per body weight, so around maybe 130g of protein. so you can count 30-40g from your protein powder you will take after you workout

Hmm.. okay.. thanks.. i also just wnna hear other peoples opinion

Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you taking protein is just like everyone else. just because you are 14, no matter what ppl believe, it wont do you any harm. i start my day, with one scoop, should be about 20 grams of protein, soon as i wake up. then i eat my breakfast once i get dressed. a couple hours later, if you some how cant eat some food you can take protein, but you would be much better with food. some snacks high in protein ftw...anyways, have a few meals a day, snacks, take the protein if there is no way to get food in. any protein is better than none. before and after you work out take some whey. before you go to bed take some casein unless you can eat some cottage cheese, but i hate that stuff. good luck. hope i didnt go off topic too much

Originally Posted by willldabeast View Post
    what are you not clear on?
    calm down sir.
    COD4 on PS3. PSN: G-Jimbo type "misc" in the message

Haha, thanks disturbed but tooo much details.. ill try to process it.. im a slow person.. but thanks .. and ill see which one i can do .. i still want other peoples opinions.. thanks alot both of you

yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000)
    only take 1-2 servings of protein powder a day, right after your workout.

get the rest of your protein (i'd aim for a total of 160g protein a day if I were you) from chicken, turkey, fish, and lean beef if you are aiming to add muscle mass

Hhaha, something simple.. guess i can do that! thanks .. btw what type of chicken? grilled, normal etc..

yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hhaha, something simple.. guess i can do that! thanks .. btw what type of chicken? grilled, normal etc..
    doesn't matter how you cook it, just get the boneless skinless breasts. 25g of protein in 4oz

i throw mine on the george foreman for like 8-10 minutes then it's good to go

Originally Posted by disturb3d15 View Post

calm down sir.
    wtf?

Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000)
    can you please explain.. lol.. or someone elses opinion.. thanks

At your size, you can get all the protein you need from food, no need to down a bunch of protein shakes, when you don't need much more than 120-130g of protein in a day. At 14, you should just eat, eat, eat and lift.

Originally Posted by yzrider400f View Post
    only take 1-2 servings of protein powder a day, right after your workout.

get the rest of your protein (i'd aim for a total of 160g protein a day if I were you) from chicken, turkey, fish, and lean beef if you are aiming to add muscle mass

If its just eat and eat then why do people take protein shakes? o_o If it does th same exact thing, anyways i already got whey protein.. and i do eat alot, but not things with protein inside them.. so ya\

And zrider, do i take it everyday? or just the days i work out?
    Last edited by marwan38; 05-23-2008 at 12:18 AM.

Anyone?

baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Anyone?
    It makes no difference. What is a shake going to do for you on wo days or off days, nothing.

If its just eat and eat then why do people take protein shakes? o_o If it does th same exact thing, anyways i already got whey protein.. and i do eat alot, but not things with protein inside them.. so ya\

And zrider, do i take it everyday? or just the days i work out?
    because protein shakes are protein in liquid form.. the nutrients are absorbed much faster than in regular food which is ideal for right after your workout. Your best bet is to start eating real foods high in protein

Ow ok.. thanks everyone.. ill start eatin alot of chicken n meat n eggs..

Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000)
    No, mutant, the three legged kind .

J/K. Just regular chicken breast. Poach, bake, grill, any way you want to have 'em.

And at your age, make sure to eat lots of nutritious foods to grow strong. In addition to protein like lean meats (fish, chicken, turkey, leaner cuts of pork, beef, lamb), low fat milk, and eggs, eat lots of whole grains (100% whole wheat bread/pasta, rice, oats), starchy veggies and legumes (potatoes, beans, lentils), whole fruits (2 servings/day), vegetables (5 servings/day), and healthy fats like natural peanut butter, nuts, canola/olive oil-based dressings for salads, avocado, and incorporate salmon or other "fatty" fish into your diet if you don't dislike fish.
    Eat plenty, and don't restrict yourself from eating a lot if you're hungry or from occasionally eating some cake or ice cream or pizza (frappucino, pancakes... you get the idea), and doing this a few times a week is fine in moderation. You're young and concentrationg on eating healthy is a good habit to get into (believe me!), but this is also not the time to restrict yourself, have fun and be a kid and for a few years too. Getting really nitpicky with the diet comes when you're older.
    Last edited by Spottydog; 05-23-2008 at 09:09 PM.
    KARMA; reps for life:
    matthor-derickonfire-ozfiz-xquick-meyer23-AllGenetix, Beast, Scivation, Lando33
    girl81-2 D-spot skater-djaeger3-in10city-Emma-Leigh-bballbrett5, jaim91, imfusio
    Not on the list? Don't worry! There's still plenty of chances to achieve good karma.

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    IMO you should not be eating protein powder @ age 14. You should be learning how to eat right. This means a varied diet full of whole foods; grains, meats, legumes, fruits and vegetable. Not pills and powder. If you don't learn now, you will have to learn later.
    No sir, I don't like it.

ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i honestly dont even think a 14 yr old should be taking any supplements...dont think that you have to because everybody is saying that you do...at your age you should be worrying about getting real food in your body. EAT, and EAT ALOT. dont think about going overboard in the gym either....work on form and technique so by the time you get older youve mastered it...create a strong base now so that you can build upon it as the years go by
    There is ALWAYS room for improvement.

ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by disturb3d15 View Post
    you taking protein is just like everyone else. just because you are 14, no matter what ppl believe, it wont do you any harm. i start my day, with one scoop, should be about 20 grams of protein, soon as i wake up. then i eat my breakfast once i get dressed. a couple hours later, if you some how cant eat some food you can take protein, but you would be much better with food. some snacks high in protein ftw...anyways, have a few meals a day, snacks, take the protein if there is no way to get food in. any protein is better than none. before and after you work out take some whey. before you go to bed take some casein unless you can eat some cottage cheese, but i hate that stuff. good luck. hope i didnt go off topic too much
    i dont believe in this crap at all...why the hell would a 14 yr old BOY need to worrying about how many grams of protein hes taking each day? lol its ridiculous....like i said, EAT and stay ACTIVE. lift and work on form...I did't start taking any protein supplement til i was close to 18 yrs old..why? because i didnt need it...by the time i was 18, i was weighing 198 lbs. of solid muscle...no supps, AT ALL. all it takes is hard work and dedication..EAT and TRAIN HARD(very,very hard!) and you will grow like no other..its as simple as that
    There is ALWAYS room for improvement.

Im starting to eat alot of chicken and beef, and eggs... and im working out 3 times a week, hope this is good, ill buy some weights (dumbbells) in the beggining of summer.. thanks everyone