hollyrenea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollyrenea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollyrenea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollyrenea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollyrenea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollyrenea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

working out before bed???

hpw bad is it to lift beofre bed? is it bad? is there a time you should wait between lifting and sleeping. my schedule with work and school is gettign crazy so i want to know if it will be beneficial or detrimental to lift right before bed?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Usually, training before bed will keep you awake. That being said, If it's the only time you have, then go ahead and train. Working out at a less- than -ideal time is way better than not working out at all. Good luck.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hollyrenea View Post
    hpw bad is it to lift beofre bed? is it bad? is there a time you should wait between lifting and sleeping. my schedule with work and school is gettign crazy so i want to know if it will be beneficial or detrimental to lift right before bed?
    Exercise-induced cortisol elevation will probably attenuate nocturnal melatonin secretion thus leading to less than optimal sleep.

You might want to find ways to bring yourself into a more relaxed state following exercise. And obviously, avoiding pre-exercise stimulants would be wise
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

big blind jay is just really nice. (+1000) big blind jay is just really nice. (+1000) big blind jay is just really nice. (+1000) big blind jay is just really nice. (+1000) big blind jay is just really nice. (+1000) big blind jay is just really nice. (+1000) big blind jay is just really nice. (+1000) big blind jay is just really nice. (+1000) big blind jay is just really nice. (+1000) big blind jay is just really nice. (+1000) big blind jay is just really nice. (+1000)
    I agree working out may keeping you from falling asleep right away. But its better than totally blowing it off. Or you could get up early and do it, that would be a good idea also.
    State of Maryland Registered Massage Practitioner
    Current raw USAPL comp total: 1069lbs
    Squat: 418lbs, Bench: 231lbs, Dead: 418lbs

MyPowerlifting journal : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=347266751&posted=1#post347266751

nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by big blind jay View Post
    I agree working out may keeping you from falling asleep right away. But its better than totally blowing it off. Or you could get up early and do it, that would be a good idea also.

When I work out at night, I have a hard time trying to stay awake afterwards! I workout, have a postworkout protein drink, shower, then eat a meal. Then I can't keep my eyes open.
    Last edited by nykwan; 05-20-2008 at 03:36 PM.
    My vids
    http://www.youtube.com/user/nykwan1/videos

D1-FS-19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) D1-FS-19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) D1-FS-19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) D1-FS-19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) D1-FS-19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) D1-FS-19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) D1-FS-19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) D1-FS-19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) D1-FS-19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) D1-FS-19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) D1-FS-19 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As long as you have time to down a shake, shower, and eat a meal I see no problems with it. I used to do cardio, shower, and eat before bed. You sleep so good after cardio.
    NSCA-certified Personal Trainer

Going to Europe? PM me, I can get you a real good deal.

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by nykwan View Post
    When I work out at night, I have a hard time trying to stay awake afterwards! I workout, have a postworkout protein drink, shower, then eat a meal. Then I can't keep my eyes open.
    Originally Posted by D1-FS-19 View Post
    As long as you have time to down a shake, shower, and eat a meal I see no problems with it. I used to do cardio, shower, and eat before bed. You sleep so good after cardio.
    I knew many people who loved working out before bed time. It is also great for the muscles, if you don't IMMEDIATELY hop into bed.

Get done with your workout, have the post workout shake & meal, then shower. If your shower is about 30-60 minutes before bed, you will fall fast asleep. After a shower, your body temperature is elevated, within 30-60 minutes, as your body returns to it's normal temperature your body will start slowing down (creating the perfect opportunity to fall asleep) that coupled with the fresh batch of food in your stomach, you shouldn't have a problem.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

Steeltoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steeltoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steeltoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steeltoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steeltoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steeltoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steeltoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steeltoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steeltoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steeltoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steeltoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    I knew many people who loved working out before bed time. It is also great for the muscles, if you don't IMMEDIATELY hop into bed.

Get done with your workout, have the post workout shake & meal, then shower. If your shower is about 30-60 minutes before bed, you will fall fast asleep. After a shower, your body temperature is elevated, within 30-60 minutes, as your body returns to it's normal temperature your body will start slowing down (creating the perfect opportunity to fall asleep) that coupled with the fresh batch of food in your stomach, you shouldn't have a problem.
    yeah im one of them. if i have something the next day that im nervous about, or im just to hyper to sleep, some pushups supersetted with crunches always knocks me right out. all my friends are the same way.

you guys must not be working out hard enough before bed if you still have energy left.
    Wow your signature is so deep.

thael is on a distinguished road. (+10) thael is on a distinguished road. (+10) thael is on a distinguished road. (+10) thael is on a distinguished road. (+10) thael is on a distinguished road. (+10) thael is on a distinguished road. (+10) thael is on a distinguished road. (+10) thael is on a distinguished road. (+10) thael is on a distinguished road. (+10) thael is on a distinguished road. (+10) thael is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Same. When I get home I drink my shake, take a shower, relax for a half hour or so before eating dinner. 30-45 minutes later I can barely keep myself upright on most nights.
    Current Supplements:
    ON 100% Whey: Extreme Chocolate
    GNC P(ricetag)ro Performance Creatine Monohydrate
    GNC Fish Body Oils 1000mg (deodorized)
    Universal Animal Pak
    Universal Animal Cuts
    Universal Animal Stak
    Lots of Tuna in Spring Water

Still small, just not as strong as I used to be.

newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I work out at night also because I have work and school and I usually get home around from the gym 10-11pm. I don't find problem sleeping afterwards. I'm usually tired and sleepy after attacking the weights.

nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just like I mentioned above....

I just did squats tonight...had my post workout drink and just finished my shower....I feel sooo sleepy already but I gotta stay up to eat a meal first....

...zzzzzzzzz
    My vids
    http://www.youtube.com/user/nykwan1/videos

unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000)

absolutely man. perfect recipie for passing smoooooth out. this use to be my lifestyle and i loved it. that plus sometimes i would flip the tv to sports center and fall asleep to that

Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I always workout at night, about two hours before sleep

CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    scientific explanations aside, i workout before bed and i go to sleep fine.
    okay, i don't come home and fall right asleep, but i get done around 8 and go to sleep around 9:30. that gives me time to eat before bed.
    Frederic Malle Portrait of a Lady 10ml decants available.

ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Iv been doing this for over 5 years, never a problem. Heavy workout with cardio I fall asleep like a baby. Unless I am hoped on on caffeine and ephedrine then ya right. Im on leviathan and thyrogen x and have 0 problems.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Your King

ChaceH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChaceH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChaceH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChaceH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChaceH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChaceH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChaceH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChaceH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChaceH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChaceH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChaceH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Its good for you.

When you sleep you grow more and burn fat. Your body will naturaly release HGH in your system.. I usually work out lightly in the morning with a decent workout. Then workout twice as hard at nighttime. Before working out at night I eat a good amount of peanut butter. After, I drink about 2 large glasses of milk(Amino acids, protein, and helps you sleep). After drinking the milk I immediately go to sleep. Everyone I know started complimenting me on my muscle gains after a week. I swear by this routine. I've been doing this for about 2 months and I already have people asking me for tips. BTW I use no supplements besides a daily multivitamin.

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Personally I cant sleep if I work out late. Mostly after leg work. Sex helps though....or if you're on your own you could always bash one out.

Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I do this, and drop some zma's aswell

sweetgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweetgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweetgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweetgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweetgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweetgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweetgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweetgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweetgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweetgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweetgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I find that training before bed keeps me awake for a long time.

it's a good addiction Muscle-T-17yrs's Avatar
    Muscle-T-17yrs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Muscle-T-17yrs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Muscle-T-17yrs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Muscle-T-17yrs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Muscle-T-17yrs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Muscle-T-17yrs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Muscle-T-17yrs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Muscle-T-17yrs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Muscle-T-17yrs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Muscle-T-17yrs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Muscle-T-17yrs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    your a girl...so its different
    "Your food should be your medicine and your medicine should be your food"

"Training is nothing, WILL is everything"

"a religious person says, "i don't know." and is content to place god in that gap of knowledge. a scientist says, "i don't know." and then seeks out the answer."

GOALS: To get my...

Forearms: 35cm (14inch)
    Biceps/Tricep: 45cm (17.5 inch)
    Calves: 47cm (18inch)

APRIL 9TH 2009 - THE SHOW DOWN !!

mrjimmy2308 is just really nice. (+1000) mrjimmy2308 is just really nice. (+1000) mrjimmy2308 is just really nice. (+1000) mrjimmy2308 is just really nice. (+1000) mrjimmy2308 is just really nice. (+1000) mrjimmy2308 is just really nice. (+1000) mrjimmy2308 is just really nice. (+1000) mrjimmy2308 is just really nice. (+1000) mrjimmy2308 is just really nice. (+1000) mrjimmy2308 is just really nice. (+1000) mrjimmy2308 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    Exercise-induced cortisol elevation will probably attenuate nocturnal melatonin secretion thus leading to less than optimal sleep.
    That is a nuts sentences. I find working out late makes me sleep more. cardio or weight training, im struggling to stay awake driving home from the gym

WG31hardwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello. I usually get home around 8-9pm and immediately have a meal. 45 minutes after eating I start working out for at least 1 hour. After my workout I have my whey protein (with water). Around 11pm I'm done and have taken a shower. Should I also be having a small deal after the workout? or possibly take Casein protein before going to bed?

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've been training from 8:30 to 10:00 or so weeknights twice or three times a week for several years. Eat an hour later and in bed at 11:30 or so. No problems sleeping and in fact I usually sleep well because I am exhausted. If that is what fits your schedule, then that's fine. The more immediate problem may be the quality of the workouts if you are already exhausted from a day at work, school or both.
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. G4P does.

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by WG31hardwork View Post
    Hello. I usually get home around 8-9pm and immediately have a meal. 45 minutes after eating I start working out for at least 1 hour. After my workout I have my whey protein (with water). Around 11pm I'm done and have taken a shower. Should I also be having a small deal after the workout? or possibly take Casein protein before going to bed?
    You should be having some carbs either with the post workout shake, in a small meal an hour later before bed or both. The carbs help with the muscle repair process post workout. For me, its both.
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. G4P does.

y2zipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) y2zipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) y2zipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) y2zipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) y2zipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) y2zipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) y2zipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) y2zipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) y2zipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) y2zipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) y2zipper will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's a completely individual thing. Some people will stay awake for awhile after exercise and some won't. I train from roughly 9:30 to 11:00 PM when I hit the weights/cardio/exercise and I can sleep fine afterwards. (Heck, I've been training better since I started lifting at night because I'm a night person). Most timing questions are answered by trial and error. Do what works best for you or whatever fits or schedule. As long as you get your nutrients throughout the course of a day, it doesn't matter when you eat. As long as you're consistent and you can sleep/recover, it doesn't matter when you train. Do whatever fits your schedule.

markalem is not very well liked. (-100) markalem is not very well liked. (-100) markalem is not very well liked. (-100) markalem is not very well liked. (-100) markalem is not very well liked. (-100) markalem is not very well liked. (-100) markalem is not very well liked. (-100) markalem is not very well liked. (-100) markalem is not very well liked. (-100) markalem is not very well liked. (-100) markalem is not very well liked. (-100)
    great post from the past. i agree. i started doing evening workout, 2 hours before sleep, and its amazing.