Page 129 of 131 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,870 of 3917
    BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ___ View Post
    hey bob, i was looking at this thread http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=122784101
    i tought maybe you know why people were booing at Lee Haney in 1995?
    do you have any idea?
    Its sounds more like they are saying leeeeee

Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Bob, what kind of oatmeal do you eat and do you microwave it? I have been using Instant Quaker oats for years and I either microwave it with water or blend them and drink them uncooked. That's ok, right?

RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 206AK View Post
    Bob,

Do you think that Kai deserved his spot in the Arnold this year?
    hahahahha

twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Bob,

In your training video, you made a comment about alternating high carb days and low carb days. WIll you give some details about that and why you would do that?

ALso, what is the best exercise(s) for upper back thickness? Barbell rows don't seem to cut it for me

Thanks

buiding710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) buiding710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) buiding710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) buiding710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) buiding710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) buiding710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) buiding710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) buiding710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) buiding710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) buiding710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I agree with you, your saying is so good and usful for me. Thanks.

muscle710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I fully agree with everyone. It was an excellent post. Thank you.

Kenny Redd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kenny Redd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kenny Redd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kenny Redd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kenny Redd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kenny Redd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kenny Redd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kenny Redd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kenny Redd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kenny Redd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kenny Redd has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Question for Bob Chick about judging

"this might sound far feched, but I think it might be a good idea for the judges to rate 3 seperate categories-conditioning, muscle size, symmetry. combine those three scores and low point wins. This way you don;t have to wonder if the judges are going more for size, or conditioning, or whatever that makes everyone confused to the criteria....just a thought..."

Got this from another forum, but it makes since to me. Has the IFBB ever done it this way before??

IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Pro Bob Chick's Avatar
    Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Kenny Redd View Post
    "this might sound far feched, but I think it might be a good idea for the judges to rate 3 seperate categories-conditioning, muscle size, symmetry. combine those three scores and low point wins. This way you don;t have to wonder if the judges are going more for size, or conditioning, or whatever that makes everyone confused to the criteria....just a thought..."

Got this from another forum, but it makes since to me. Has the IFBB ever done it this way before??

Many different methods have been used in the IFBB over the years...bottom line is, no matter what point system you use, etc...it all comes down to a matter of opinion.

whether you use 3 rounds, 1 round, 20 pt. must system...it will all come out the same.
    Bob Cicherillo - IFBB Pro Bodybuilder
    IFBB Athletes rep

Chuwey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chuwey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chuwey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chuwey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chuwey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chuwey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chuwey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chuwey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chuwey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chuwey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chuwey will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Definitive text of bodybuilding terminology

I've always heard these words like "separation," "grainy," "dryness," "flat," "full muscle belly," and plenty of other terms. I have a general idea of what each means, but I'm wondering if there is some authoritative text out there that really pins down what is meant by the terminology, maybe with example photos for each. Is there such a text?
    Thanks

resistance1 is just really nice. (+1000) resistance1 is just really nice. (+1000) resistance1 is just really nice. (+1000) resistance1 is just really nice. (+1000) resistance1 is just really nice. (+1000) resistance1 is just really nice. (+1000) resistance1 is just really nice. (+1000) resistance1 is just really nice. (+1000) resistance1 is just really nice. (+1000) resistance1 is just really nice. (+1000) resistance1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey bob, I'm going on week 3 of my cut and have been performing 30-40 mins of fasted cardio everyday in the morning. I know your big fan/believer of fasted cardio. Just recently I came across this article on BB.com by Layne. I just wanted to hear what you think of Layne Norton's opinion on fasted cardio. Thanks!

Cardiovascular exercise has several myths surrounding it. The largest myth being that one should perform low intensity cardio in a fasted state. The logic being that if one is in a fasted state, their glycogen levels will be low and will force their body to burn fat. Unfortunately, this idea is misguided.

While performing cardio in a fasted state may indeed increase the amount of calories that are burned from fat stores, it will also increase amino acid oxidation. Cardiovascular exercise while in a fasted state is a great way to increase cortisol release. Cortisol will liberate amino acids to produce glucose (glucose cannot be synthesized from fats) and can lead to muscle loss.

Additionally, I find it ironic that many people take such great care to time their meals so that they do not go for more than 2-3 hours without eating in order to prevent muscle loss. However, they purposefully induce this state and then perform work on top of this!

Research has shown that the type of substrate used during cardiovascular work makes little overall difference on fat loss. This is most likely due to the fact if one relies mostly upon fat stores during cardio (i.e. low intensity cardio), the body will burn predominantly glucose at other times of the day. Likewise, if one mainly utilizes glucose for energy during cardio (i.e. high intensity cardio) the body will customarily rely on fat at other times of the day in order to spare muscle glycogen.

Training in and of itself causes the body to preferentially spare muscle glycogen and burn fat. It makes sense that one should strive to do their cardio on their 'off days' from lifting (as to not further hinder their recovery), and plan their carbohydrate intake similar to their lifting regime.

Cardiovascular work will increase nutrient partitioning towards muscle tissue and away from fat tissue. One should take advantage of this by consuming the bulk of their carbohydrate intake around this time. The benefits are that these nutrients induce fat storage, but will rather be stored in muscle tissue.

Why would you want to deny your muscles nutrients at the most crucial time of the day, but then provide them during rest? It does not make sense. Treat your cardiovascular work like your lifting.

Another question that often arises regarding cardio is the argument "Low-Intensity vs High-Intensity" cardio. Many people automatically assume that low-intensity cardio is better; citing that high-intensity cardio primarily utilizes glucose (anaerobic metabolism), while low-intensity cardio primarily burns fat (aerobic metabolism).

Once again, the substrate used during cardiovascular work is not as important as the caloric deficit created by the cardiovascular work. In actuality, high-intensity cardiovascular work is superior to low-intensity cardio for several reasons

High intensity cardio has a much stronger effect on GLUT-4 translocation in muscle cells due to the increased force of muscle contraction. This means that high-intensity cardio creates a much stronger nutrient partitioning effect towards muscle tissue than low-intensity cardio.

Low periods of low-intensity exercise tend to "overtrain" the fast-twitch muscle fibers and convert the intermediate muscle fibers to slow-twitch fibers. This is not a desirable effect as the fast twitch muscle fibers are those that have the greatest chance to hypertrophy. If your body has less fast twitch fibers, then you will experience less hypertrophy from training.

Understanding Muscle Fiber Types.
    This article will deal mainly with how people think the muscle type makes no difference, how muscle type is over-rated and how it gets more credit...
    [ Click here to learn more. ]

The body's hormonal response to high intensity cardio is similar to the body's hormonal response to resistance training (i.e. increased insulin sensitivity, gh release, Igf-1 release, etc) without placing the same strain on the nervous system as resistance training.

High-intensity cardio causes the body to preferentially store more carbohydrates and burn more fat.

High-intensity cardiovascular exercise increases oxygen expenditure and forces the body to adapt by becoming more efficient at oxygen transport (increase in VO2 max). More efficient oxygen transport to the muscles will increase fat oxidation as fat oxidation is dependant upon the presence of oxygen.

High-intensity cardio seems to be more muscle sparing. Several studies have shown that high-intensity interval training (aka HIT) burns less calories when compared to continuous lower intensity cardio. However, the skinfold losses were greater with the HIT group than in the continuous intensity group. This means not only did the HIT group lose more fat, they also spared more muscle tissue by burning less overall calories .

KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Bob, you better change those stats lol =)

I saw pics of you from the Arnold (no homo)

Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by resistance1 View Post
    Hey bob, I'm going on week 3 of my cut and have been performing 30-40 mins of fasted cardio everyday in the morning. I know your big fan/believer of fasted cardio. Just recently I came across this article on BB.com by Layne. I just wanted to hear what you think of Layne Norton's opinion on fasted cardio. Thanks!

Cardiovascular exercise has several myths surrounding it. The largest myth being that one should perform low intensity cardio in a fasted state. The logic being that if one is in a fasted state, their glycogen levels will be low and will force their body to burn fat. Unfortunately, this idea is misguided.

While performing cardio in a fasted state may indeed increase the amount of calories that are burned from fat stores, it will also increase amino acid oxidation. Cardiovascular exercise while in a fasted state is a great way to increase cortisol release. Cortisol will liberate amino acids to produce glucose (glucose cannot be synthesized from fats) and can lead to muscle loss.

Additionally, I find it ironic that many people take such great care to time their meals so that they do not go for more than 2-3 hours without eating in order to prevent muscle loss. However, they purposefully induce this state and then perform work on top of this!

Research has shown that the type of substrate used during cardiovascular work makes little overall difference on fat loss. This is most likely due to the fact if one relies mostly upon fat stores during cardio (i.e. low intensity cardio), the body will burn predominantly glucose at other times of the day. Likewise, if one mainly utilizes glucose for energy during cardio (i.e. high intensity cardio) the body will customarily rely on fat at other times of the day in order to spare muscle glycogen.

Training in and of itself causes the body to preferentially spare muscle glycogen and burn fat. It makes sense that one should strive to do their cardio on their 'off days' from lifting (as to not further hinder their recovery), and plan their carbohydrate intake similar to their lifting regime.

Cardiovascular work will increase nutrient partitioning towards muscle tissue and away from fat tissue. One should take advantage of this by consuming the bulk of their carbohydrate intake around this time. The benefits are that these nutrients induce fat storage, but will rather be stored in muscle tissue.

Why would you want to deny your muscles nutrients at the most crucial time of the day, but then provide them during rest? It does not make sense. Treat your cardiovascular work like your lifting.

Another question that often arises regarding cardio is the argument "Low-Intensity vs High-Intensity" cardio. Many people automatically assume that low-intensity cardio is better; citing that high-intensity cardio primarily utilizes glucose (anaerobic metabolism), while low-intensity cardio primarily burns fat (aerobic metabolism).

Once again, the substrate used during cardiovascular work is not as important as the caloric deficit created by the cardiovascular work. In actuality, high-intensity cardiovascular work is superior to low-intensity cardio for several reasons

High intensity cardio has a much stronger effect on GLUT-4 translocation in muscle cells due to the increased force of muscle contraction. This means that high-intensity cardio creates a much stronger nutrient partitioning effect towards muscle tissue than low-intensity cardio.

Low periods of low-intensity exercise tend to "overtrain" the fast-twitch muscle fibers and convert the intermediate muscle fibers to slow-twitch fibers. This is not a desirable effect as the fast twitch muscle fibers are those that have the greatest chance to hypertrophy. If your body has less fast twitch fibers, then you will experience less hypertrophy from training.

Understanding Muscle Fiber Types.
    This article will deal mainly with how people think the muscle type makes no difference, how muscle type is over-rated and how it gets more credit...
    [ Click here to learn more. ]

The body's hormonal response to high intensity cardio is similar to the body's hormonal response to resistance training (i.e. increased insulin sensitivity, gh release, Igf-1 release, etc) without placing the same strain on the nervous system as resistance training.

High-intensity cardio causes the body to preferentially store more carbohydrates and burn more fat.

High-intensity cardiovascular exercise increases oxygen expenditure and forces the body to adapt by becoming more efficient at oxygen transport (increase in VO2 max). More efficient oxygen transport to the muscles will increase fat oxidation as fat oxidation is dependant upon the presence of oxygen.

High-intensity cardio seems to be more muscle sparing. Several studies have shown that high-intensity interval training (aka HIT) burns less calories when compared to continuous lower intensity cardio. However, the skinfold losses were greater with the HIT group than in the continuous intensity group. This means not only did the HIT group lose more fat, they also spared more muscle tissue by burning less overall calories .

Works on paper....

Problem is, it doesnt seem to translate into real life, and my experience in seeing guys use HIIT style cardio, is that they wasted away to nothing...often coming in stringy looking and sinewy

there are tons of studies on either side of the coin....but the practical application seems to favor the slow cardio.....i'm not as concerned with the "fasting' part of the process, since the whole premise is based on using fat for fuel, not carbs....
    IFBB Athletes rep

Originally Posted by Chuwey View Post
    I've always heard these words like "separation," "grainy," "dryness," "flat," "full muscle belly," and plenty of other terms. I have a general idea of what each means, but I'm wondering if there is some authoritative text out there that really pins down what is meant by the terminology, maybe with example photos for each. Is there such a text?
    Thanks
    None that I'm aware of....feel free to make one
    IFBB Athletes rep

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey, Bob. I've started doing slow cardio. Would the stationary bike be as effective as the treadmill or crosstrainer? I just had knee surgery in Jan, so I want to use the bike, to stay safe.

Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    Hey, Bob. I've started doing slow cardio. Would the stationary bike be as effective as the treadmill or crosstrainer? I just had knee surgery in Jan, so I want to use the bike, to stay safe.
    Just as effective...
    IFBB Athletes rep

Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Bump to current page.. Question For Bob.

Originally Posted by Mountain_Goat View Post
    Bob, I have a friend that was told to do Incline DB Pullovers "to expand his ribcage" and make his chest look bigger. I told him he's wasting his time. Do incline presses instead. Your thoughts?

Thanks!
    My OV35 workout log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128303161

Jeep Rubicon=Hummer Recovery Vehicle

Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bumping for this one too.

Originally Posted by Kiwi_ View Post
    Bob what do you think is the best approach to being as lean as you can while still 'bulking'? I remember you saying how cardio when you're not dieting is a bad idea...
    Sorry if you've covered this before Bob, but I searched through the thread and didn't find much. Although I did come across some advice where you said to cut milk from your diet, which i've started as of yesterday.
    It is with people like you that this sport will never grow. "When you say, everything and anything to be pro, do you mean even to turn HOMO?...

- Serge Nubret

ovation710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ovation710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ovation710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ovation710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ovation710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ovation710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ovation710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ovation710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ovation710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ovation710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ovation710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Very interesting post..Iam very much enjoyed by reading your site..this article has provided a useful info..

Originally Posted by Kiwi_ View Post
    Bumping for this one too.

Sorry if you've covered this before Bob, but I searched through the thread and didn't find much. Although I did come across some advice where you said to cut milk from your diet, which i've started as of yesterday.

Best one can do is to bulk using clean foods...you could also do a LITTLE cardio, unless you're a real hard gainer.

People get "bulking" confused with getting fatter....they are too different things (or should be)
    IFBB Athletes rep

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mountain_Goat View Post
    Bump to current page.. Question For Bob.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...&postcount=628

cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bob,

what do you reccomend for skinny fat guys to do? Gain mass or cut fat?

Originally Posted by cha0sblader View Post
    Bob,

what do you reccomend for skinny fat guys to do? Gain mass or cut fat?
    Gain mass...if you lose weight, you'll just be a pencilneck
    IFBB Athletes rep

Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks!
    My OV35 workout log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128303161

Jeep Rubicon=Hummer Recovery Vehicle

hydroquinone is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hydroquinone is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hydroquinone is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hydroquinone is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hydroquinone is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hydroquinone is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hydroquinone is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hydroquinone is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hydroquinone is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hydroquinone is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hydroquinone is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    bob how is my keto diet

m1 8 egg whites, spoonful of olive oil, veggies
    m2 8 oz chicken, veggies
    m3 protein shake, almonds
    m4 8 oz steak, veggies
    m5 8 oz fish, veggies

twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Bob,

I was looking at some pictures on this forum recently and I noticed Branch Warren and Dexter Jackson look like they have some wicked lat tears.

THey are most visible in a front double bicep pose. Was it a lat tear? If so, what exercise caused it? I suspect lat pulldown to the front

Also, in your training video you said something about varying carbs on different days. Could you elaborate on as to why/how someone would do that?

Thanks man

yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Pro Bob Chick View Post
    Works on paper....

Problem is, it doesnt seem to translate into real life, and my experience in seeing guys use HIIT style cardio, is that they wasted away to nothing...often coming in stringy looking and sinewy

there are tons of studies on either side of the coin....but the practical application seems to favor the slow cardio.....i'm not as concerned with the "fasting' part of the process, since the whole premise is based on using fat for fuel, not carbs....
    and i've had the exact opposite experience.. when I cut out HIIT and exclusively did LI, I felt like I lost a good deal of fullness. As far as using fat for a fuel source, MEH. What do you think you are doing right now, sitting at the computer? You're burning fat almost exclusively.

HIIT cardio does not result in a lesser amount of fat utilized, it results in relatively the SAME amount as LI, just more carbohydrates are used as well. You definitely need to follow correct protocol to perform HIIT, but it is well worth it IMO

Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by twinklefairy View Post
    Hey Bob,

I was looking at some pictures on this forum recently and I noticed Branch Warren and Dexter Jackson look like they have some wicked lat tears.

THey are most visible in a front double bicep pose. Was it a lat tear? If so, what exercise caused it? I suspect lat pulldown to the front

Also, in your training video you said something about varying carbs on different days. Could you elaborate on as to why/how someone would do that?

Thanks man
    Could you post pics of their lat tears? this is the first i've heard.
    It is with people like you that this sport will never grow. "When you say, everything and anything to be pro, do you mean even to turn HOMO?...

- Serge Nubret

olympia710 is not very well liked. (-100) olympia710 is not very well liked. (-100) olympia710 is not very well liked. (-100) olympia710 is not very well liked. (-100) olympia710 is not very well liked. (-100) olympia710 is not very well liked. (-100) olympia710 is not very well liked. (-100) olympia710 is not very well liked. (-100) olympia710 is not very well liked. (-100) olympia710 is not very well liked. (-100) olympia710 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I was just browsing for related forum posts for my project research and I happened to discover yours. Thanks for the excellent information!

N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How would one actually get into competing?
    I want to compete, but I have absolutely no guidance.
    PSN: KILLEMALLDNTFRNT

Michael_lala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by yzrider400f View Post
    and i've had the exact opposite experience.. when I cut out HIIT and exclusively did LI, I felt like I lost a good deal of fullness. As far as using fat for a fuel source, MEH. What do you think you are doing right now, sitting at the computer? You're burning fat almost exclusively.

HIIT cardio does not result in a lesser amount of fat utilized, it results in relatively the SAME amount as LI, just more carbohydrates are used as well. You definitely need to follow correct protocol to perform HIIT, but it is well worth it IMO
    And the exact opposite happened to me, when I did HIIT I shrank to nothing. The problem with HIIT isn't even necessarily what's being used for fuel but the huge chance of overtraining. Think of it this way, you train legs once a week. You have a day off the next day except for a session of sprints. Then you train at the gym again. Then the next day you do sprints. Then you train the next day, and the day after you sprint AGAIN. This means that the legs are trained directly and intensely 4 TIMES in one week. When I did this it overtrained me so much that I lost nearly all the muscle I had. In fact I had to drop out of my first show because I looked frail. For someone to not overtrain on HIIT then they would either be consuming insane amounts of amino acids, be extremely genetically gifted, on gear or a combination of the three.
    Most people will put some epic quote here, but sadly I'm just not that cool.

Page 129 of 131 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 LastLast