wildhalf is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildhalf is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildhalf is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildhalf is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildhalf is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildhalf is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildhalf is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildhalf is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildhalf is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildhalf is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildhalf is on a distinguished road. (+10)

When will i hit the 100lb MARK - Your help needed!

Why am i hear??? I suppose i started out on bodybuild.com to find information to help my achieve what i have always wanted to.

When i joined back in August-September 2007 i was training 6 days a week and trying really hard to loose some weight. Which i did with great results, I managed to drop a total of 48lbs between August 27th and Dec 20th 2007. Then christmas came along and as things go i like alot of others went a little off track and after christmas i felt unmotivated and helpless. The weight i had lost started to come back on really quick so in So the end of April or start of May i decided to get off my fat ass and get back at it again...

Now a few months on i am down to 252lbs as of last night. That would be a total loss of 86lbs. A great result but i want to achieve more.... I want to hit that 100lb mark and i never want to loose my motivation again. So i decided to do something about it and setup a blog tracking my success. I picked one training program i wanted to try out and am currently training preparing myself to start this other program as i am still waiting on some of the products i need to be deliverred.

Yet another Question... Why am i writing this post?? Well i know how help full everyone is here and wanted to know if anyone would help encourage me by posting comments from time to time on my blog....

My Blog will contain...
    1. My Daily report - Mood, Diet, Training, General thoughts
    2. Weekly pictures with update stats.

I have before and after pictures on my "About Me" page of my blog if you want to have a look of my progress so far.

I am really just looking for advise about my diet and encouragement.... I was even thinking if there is anyone else out there who wants to start doing the same program i will set them up with an account on my blog and they will have there own little area to post there daily reports and weekly pictures and stats....
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."

nydude1814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nydude1814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nydude1814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nydude1814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nydude1814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nydude1814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nydude1814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nydude1814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nydude1814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nydude1814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nydude1814 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by wildhalf View Post
    Why am i hear??? I suppose i started out on bodybuild.com to find information to help my achieve what i have always wanted to.

When i joined back in August-September 2007 i was training 6 days a week and trying really hard to loose some weight. Which i did with great results, I managed to drop a total of 48lbs between August 27th and Dec 20th 2007. Then christmas came along and as things go i like alot of others went a little off track and after christmas i felt unmotivated and helpless. The weight i had lost started to come back on really quick so in So the end of April or start of May i decided to get off my fat ass and get back at it again...

Now a few months on i am down to 252lbs as of last night. That would be a total loss of 86lbs. A great result but i want to achieve more.... I want to hit that 100lb mark and i never want to loose my motivation again. So i decided to do something about it and setup a blog tracking my success. I picked one training program i wanted to try out and am currently training preparing myself to start this other program as i am still waiting on some of the products i need to be deliverred.

Yet another Question... Why am i writing this post?? Well i know how help full everyone is here and wanted to know if anyone would help encourage me by posting comments from time to time on my blog....

My Blog will contain...
    1. My Daily report - Mood, Diet, Training, General thoughts
    2. Weekly pictures with update stats.

I have before and after pictures on my "About Me" page of my blog if you want to have a look of my progress so far.

I am really just looking for advise about my diet and encouragement.... I was even thinking if there is anyone else out there who wants to start doing the same program i will set them up with an account on my blog and they will havve there own little area to post there daily reports and weekly pictures and stats....
    Don't know if its good advise or encouragement, I just started p90x this week and its extremely unbelievably hard.

I started at 300lb in Jan 2007, was down to 230's in Oct 2007, and investigated doing p90x back then. But I was not able to do more then 1 chinup, was not able to do more then 3 pushups etc at that point. So instead I started working out by myself with DB's and then went on SS (Starting Strength) lifting routine from Jan 2008 until May 2008..

By now I'm 205lb, squat 210, can do 10 BW chinups, 15 BW pushups, and thought I'll be able to do p90x no problem.

My first workout (chest+back) was monday, and on the 2nd half of the workout I had to use leg on a chair for all my pullups, was not able to do single diamond pushup even on my knees etc.. Very very tough workout. If I went on this back in January I don't think i would have been able to finish.

So if I was in your place, I would wait 4/5 month and try to drop another 30 lbs or so by doing cardio, at least until you can do 6+ BW pullups and 10+ BW pushups etc.. Otherwise you may be in a danger of getting discouraged by inability to do the workout.

I may be wrong, but based on your before pictures I would say you'l be dead after first few sets of pushups/pullups.. Just trying for the honest advise, you are about where I was 8-9 month ago...If I'm wrong then sorry, you did not post your maxes or how many pushups/pullups you can do, so I'm basing my guess on what I was able to do when I was 240-250lbs..

Yesterday workout (plyometrics) was if anything harder then chest and back. I had heart palpitations i and had to hit pause constantly just to catch my breath... I already can't wait for day 7 (rest) to come...
    Last edited by nydude1814; 06-11-2008 at 04:16 AM.

granma lifts more than u! ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!'s Avatar
    ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000)
    k all I wanna know is HOW THE HELL are you surviving p90 at your body weight ?

wow you are a good one
    just lift HEAVY A$$ weights & eat on dat healthy isht . * hellabutt psychology 101 *

I ate 3690 cals today .. 275 fat / 269 protein / 25g carbs ~ 8g fiber

yes my head was hurting from all dem dere ketones

BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Keep up the good work man, you doing a great job so far. I hit the 100lbs mark about 1 year ago.

I was 355lbs in Jan 2005 i'm now down to 220lbs going for 175lbs :P hopefully will reach my Goal by December 2008 .

I have to tell you something what kept me going specially with Cardio is when I Discovered Thai Boxing man .. this was by far the best Cardio exercise ever cuz at the same time as doing Cardio you learn how to defend yourself .

At the moment my Program looks like that.

It's based on a Boxing Circuit Training
    (1st Circuit)
    1X15 Leg Press,1 X 18 Calf Raise, 1X 15 Leg Extension, 1 X 15 Leg Curls, 1 X 15 Chin Up (Still not doing Body weight but i will at some point, i used the machine to help) 1X15 Bench Press or Body Weight Push up)
    (first Circuit should be done 3 times with 10 to 20 sec reset between each exercise)

Second Circuit

1 X 15 (Clean and Jerk) , 1 X 15 Shrugs, 1 X 15 DB Lateral Raises, 1 X 15 BB Curls , 1 X 15 Tricep Extension
    (Second Circuit Should be Done only Twice)

You could also ad an Little Ab Circuit while doing the first Circuit.

At the end ill do about 5-6 X 3 Min Boxing/thai Boxing Rounds plus Ill work on some of my Techniques.

I love this routine man it's great I'll do it 5 time a week since you dont go Heavy but for resistance you dont need 1 day to recover your Muscle its all about getting toned.

It was developed specially for me by my Friend and My Thai Boxing Kru.
    Last edited by BrazZzuKa; 06-11-2008 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Spelling mystake

wildhalf is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildhalf is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildhalf is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildhalf is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildhalf is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildhalf is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildhalf is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildhalf is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildhalf is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildhalf is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildhalf is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Currently im not doing the P90x routine but doing my own full body work out 3 days a week, Mon, Tuesday & Friday. and am adding in the p90x cardio routines, ie kenpo-x, plyometrics etc next week.

I do believe i am at a stage where i can start it. I probably wont be able to do the max number of reps per exercise but should be able to keep up. I have always been rather big even when i was playing rugby before my injury i always weighted in between 240lbs and 250lbs. ANd then i was training Mondays, Tuesdays Thursdays.. Had a game on a Saturday and a game on Sunday.

I am rather strong to and train very hard as i believe there is no point in doing something half arsed. The personal trainers in the gym i was training in before christmas 6 days a week all couldnt believe how hard i trained. I am focussed on what i am going to do and not actually going to start the P90x completely till the 21st July. And i can lift some heavy weights. When i finished in this gym i was squatting 410lbs(half squats) for 20 reps dropping 10-20lbs for 3 sets. Also when i was doing full squats i was doing 190lbs for 20 reps.

nydude1814: WOW Great work on your progress. Keep it up and i hope i can catch up with you soon. DO you fancy keeping a blog yourself. I can add you to the site and try get more to join in so we can all help each other out.

MrLovrLovr: I am only starting out on this program but believe i can stick it out. I always train very hard as i said above and am willing to push myself. I am lucky also i have a personal training renting a room off me in my house. Who has agreed to help push me if i want while i do the program.

BrazZzuKa:Thanks for your encouragement and well done on your own success. I will be there as soon as i can. I like your routine but have to reply with saying i dont know if it is for me. If i must be honest i love the pain. If i wasn't sore after a workout i would be peed off all day long. If i wasnt sore the next day i am always agree with myself.

I'm doing this for a few reasons. The main one is obivous for my health but i have several others which i still havent said to any body and dont know if i will. It's for all those people who have said i can never do it, i will never be back on the rugby pitch and ill always look like i did. I love lifting and play prop forward so need huge strenght, so i am lifting heavy 3 days a week.

I decided to look at P90x to help my cardio fitness as well as build muscle. I know i can do it and i know i will complete it. It is all only a matter of time before i finish.

Anybody can do anything they put there minds to, when it comes down to it everything is a mind battle and once you learn how to beat the negativity in your own mind you will succeed
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."

nydude1814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nydude1814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nydude1814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nydude1814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nydude1814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nydude1814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nydude1814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nydude1814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nydude1814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nydude1814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nydude1814 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by wildhalf View Post

nydude1814: WOW Great work on your progress. Keep it up and i hope i can catch up with you soon. DO you fancy keeping a blog yourself. I can add you to the site and try get more to join in so we can all help each other out.
    Thanks for the offer, but I already got a journal on this site http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7602331 so I use that usually. I probably won't log my p90x workouts, because these are so tiring that I got no strength to do anything after them. I'll try to make&post progress pictures once a week, if can gather some energy.