IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000)

Skinny Fat Ectomorph - reps

Please hear me out and answers with experience or information to back themselves up will receive reps..thanks

Here's an article if you aren't aware of skinny fat ectomorphs..http://mindandmuscle.net/articles/ke...at_ectomorph_1

Basically, I'm 5'11 170 lbs, extremely weak, and not very lean (pics in my journal, you're welcome to subscribe). Right now, I'm eating ~3200 calories a day, 95% clean, and attempting to lean out a little. Yes, I'm aware that it's difficult to build muscle and burn fat at the same time, however, this seems to be my maintaining spot (3200-3400 calories) and I'm attempting to lean out a bit. So, my diet doesn't seem to be the issue here (except choosing weather to bulk or maintain, cut is out of the question unless I'd want to go back to start).

I've attempted to do many programs and none seem to work for me, so I'm wondering if anyone was previously in this situation and could share their experiences with their routine and workout.
    Do or do not. There is no 'try'.

kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well well.. I am one of your kind.

I think that you should clean bulk which is sorta what you're doing. I know, at first I really wanted to gain those lbs because they were so hard to come by, but I realize now it's better to gain them slowly.

In my experience, I had good results when I first started (around a year ago) and all I really did was the usual 5-day split (I think these were beginner gains). Then, I found the world of nutrition, and I gained a lot more. Right now, I'm using Dual Factor Hypertrophy Training because I think it's good to change up your routines once in awhile. I wouldn't say one is better than the other, but they both serve their purpose.

As far as programs go, have you tried Starting Strength? If you have and it didn't work, you could try something like Linear Periodization (which builds up your strength and indirectly will build size) or Dual Factor.

Make sure you hold your workouts no longer than 45-60 minutes and train mostly on the 4-6 rep range. This is where periodization comes into play. Notice I said 'mostly' because you still want the 8-12 rep range for hypertrophy reasons, etc. So what you would do is start off Week 1-3 with exercises doing them 10 reps, then week 4-8 with 5 reps, and finally week 9-12 with 2-3 reps (this stimulates nerves and increases bone density which will help ectos). This way, you won't get bored, and you'll be increasing weight (which builds you up mentally). Also, I found out that light days/heavy days alternating helps! This is because if you rest too long between heavy days, you'll lose the stimulation, and if you go heavy too much.. you overtrain. So by incorporating a light day, it sorta maintains your gains, and keeps you fresh for the next heavy.

You can check out my progress pics to see as to my results from training (although they're outdated).. and I sorta lazied out inbetween which is not good, stay focused!
    Last edited by kevolution; 05-19-2008 at 01:27 PM.
    "Remember, if you are traning hard, he may be training twice as hard. You just gotta keep coming back stronger."

I rep back.

IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A+ post, thanks man, repped

Bump

N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    for info regarding workout programs, check out the link in my sig

kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just a follow up,

I just looked at your routines and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with them, but there's one thing: don't have so many warm-up sets! I can understand you having 1 or 2 on the compound lifts, but there is no need for warm-up on isolation exercises or 4 warm-up sets on compounds.. it would really save you time that you need to make your workouts more intense.

Also, your progress doesn't look all that bad for 2 months; it could be better.

Also, are you doing cardio? You could probably benefit from HIIT cardio 3 times a week.
    "Remember, if you are traning hard, he may be training twice as hard. You just gotta keep coming back stronger."

I rep back.

Originally Posted by kevolution View Post
    Just a follow up,

I just looked at your routines and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with them, but there's one thing: don't have so many warm-up sets! I can understand you having 1 or 2 on the compound lifts, but there is no need for warm-up on isolation exercises or 4 warm-up sets on compounds.. it would really save you time that you need to make your workouts more intense.

Also, your progress doesn't look all that bad for 2 months; it could be better.

Also, are you doing cardio? You could probably benefit from HIIT cardio 3 times a week.
    Thanks. Yeah I haven't been doing cardio for a few weeks and I'm still gathering information to put together a final routine with diet, training and cardio. I'll post it in my log once I come up with one.

Originally Posted by britlifter View Post
    for info regarding workout programs, check out the link in my sig
    Hm, some are interesting, thanks and repped.

alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    THANK YOU!!

I have always wondered what I am....because I have a VERY small wrist and every other ectomorph quality going on.

BUT was totally fat...so I had no idea what was going on....after finding this thread, it feels good to know there are people just like you

Anyways I've been going to the gym for some time now...a year I think but just eating healthy, no bulk or cut. So far it has worked, I feel GREAT which was a problem before, I like my body alot more now, and I look better. BUT still there is that...annoying fat, which I tried to eliminate but I don't have enough muscle to do that (still there is WAY LESS FAT...I can even see the upper abs with the right shadow lmao)....so right now i'm "clean bulking" BUT the Uni doesn't let me eat the way I want to so its kinda hard but I'm trying to clean bulk.
    I want to buy some supplement that can help me clean bulk with CARBS, because I'm eating carbs also and it has worked, same BF but I gained some weight BUT right now i'm still at the same weight.....so I need something!!! hehe.

Read about Anabolic Pump...thinking on buying it, hopefully it will help...anyone tried it?
    Last edited by alrededar; 10-10-2008 at 11:12 PM.