xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need Help with High protein/low carb diet plan

Okay so I have been low carbing for years now.. and even when i was eating a bit of a higher carb diet it was from more whole grains
    I haven't had white bread/pasta in FOREVER

So I'm on a low carb high fat/protein diet to lose weight
    My boyfriend is really into nutrition and lifting and hes telling me i should have 6 meals a day.. i just get so confused with that! Can some one show me a sample menu??

Right now the only things im eating are meat,eggs,poultry,fish,veggies, and some cheese and I have protein powder
    So right now im not eating nuts/most dairy
    Once im around my goal weight im going to start increasing my carbs slowly

Im also starting to count how much protein im getting because I never really knew how many grams im getting a day..
    Does anyone know how much i should be getting??
    Im doing cardio and strength training at the gym
    Thanks!

bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is what my schedule looks like:

7:30 - protein shake
    10 - cherries; 3 egg whites; 1 whole egg; 1 tbsp cheddar cheese; 2 turkey sausages
    1 - 1 cup chicken (mixed with reduced fat mayo; celery, tomatoes and almond slivers) in whole wheat pita pocket; 1 cup green beans
    4 - Protein shake (gym at 5:30)
    7 - Protein shake
    9 - cottage cheese

I would say that you want about 1-1.5g of protein per lb of body weight. Look in the articles on bb.com, they have calculators to help you determine how much to eat. Hope this helps some.

Try this site to, www.fitday.com, enter your meals and it'll calculate your total calories, fat, carbs and protein.
    CONTROLLED LABS - Winning the WAR against GENETICS
    Email: Laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just as a note, if you're going to do a high protein/low carb diet, you need to get your essential fats in. Your macros should be at least 40p-40f-20c, and I prefer 45p-45f-10c. Bull Dogz hasn't mentioned any fish oil capsules, or salads with Extra Virgin Olive Oil or any of her sources for fats and focused on protein, but on a low carb diet you need to remember to eat healthy fats too.

There are a lot of sources of Essential Fats - Throw some walnuts in there, some EVOO or have fish! Imagine if your BMR is 1800/day (for simplicity sake), an easy way to get an idea of your macros would be to split up 300 calories per meal. So then 30 calories come from carbs, 135 calories from fats and 135 calories from protein. You can play with your macro so that some meals are snacks and other full meals (and post workout meals), but that's the absolute basic way to ensure you're eating. There are approx 4 cals in a gram of protein, 4 cals in a gram of carbs and 9 cals in a gram of fat. So in each of these 300 calorie meals, you'd have 8g of carbs, 15g of fat and 33g of protein.... That's simplified and the numbers don't always add up, but there's the idea.

Originally Posted by bull.dogz View Post
    This is what my schedule looks like:

7:30 - protein shake
    10 - cherries; 3 egg whites; 1 whole egg; 1 tbsp cheddar cheese; 2 turkey sausages
    1 - 1 cup chicken (mixed with reduced fat mayo; celery, tomatoes and almond slivers) in whole wheat pita pocket; 1 cup green beans
    4 - Protein shake (gym at 5:30)
    7 - Protein shake
    9 - cottage cheese

I would say that you want about 1-1.5g of protein per lb of body weight. Look in the articles on bb.com, they have calculators to help you determine how much to eat. Hope this helps some.

Try this site to, www.fitday.com, enter your meals and it'll calculate your total calories, fat, carbs and protein.
    Last edited by nervesgone; 05-19-2008 at 02:32 PM.

bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I take my vitamins, I cook with extra virgin olive oil, and I do eat nuts. Sorry if I didn't put down EVERY detail of everything that goes into each meal. It was ment to be an example of how I do a 5-6 meal split.

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sorry - I meant to say that you probably left that part out of your post (I started by saying you didn't mention it... I just didn't finish the train of thought)

I was just trying to say that it's important to consider fats into the equation as well.

Originally Posted by bull.dogz View Post
    I take my vitamins, I cook with extra virgin olive oil, and I do eat nuts. Sorry if I didn't put down EVERY detail of everything that goes into each meal. It was ment to be an example of how I do a 5-6 meal split.

Talking

I usually get between 1200-1500 calories; 50-70g of fat; 75-100 carbs and 130-180g of proteins.

xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xoloveinautumn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for your replies!
    Yeah I def. am getting my fats in

Nathaniel72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What is your daily calorie intake ??
    Originally Posted by Twerp View Post
    Just as a note, if you're going to do a high protein/low carb diet, you need to get your essential fats in. Your macros should be at least 40p-40f-20c, and I prefer 45p-45f-10c. Bull Dogz hasn't mentioned any fish oil capsules, or salads with Extra Virgin Olive Oil or any of her sources for fats and focused on protein, but on a low carb diet you need to remember to eat healthy fats too.

There are a lot of sources of Essential Fats - Throw some walnuts in there, some EVOO or have fish! Imagine if your BMR is 1800/day (for simplicity sake), an easy way to get an idea of your macros would be to split up 300 calories per meal. So then 30 calories come from carbs, 135 calories from fats and 135 calories from protein. You can play with your macro so that some meals are snacks and other full meals (and post workout meals), but that's the absolute basic way to ensure you're eating. There are approx 4 cals in a gram of protein, 4 cals in a gram of carbs and 9 cals in a gram of fat. So in each of these 300 calorie meals, you'd have 8g of carbs, 15g of fat and 33g of protein.... That's simplified and the numbers don't always add up, but there's the idea.

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Nathaniel72 View Post
    What is your daily calorie intake ??
    This thread is 8 years old. You really think she's going to answer?
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01