fruehling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ACSM CPT exam re-test

Hello all,

Have any of you taken this exam twice? I am wondering if there are more than one set of questions, or if it's the same set on retake. Thanks!

Really? Nobody here has taken this test twice?

Registered User toms1967mustang's Avatar
    toms1967mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) toms1967mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) toms1967mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) toms1967mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) toms1967mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) toms1967mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) toms1967mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) toms1967mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) toms1967mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) toms1967mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) toms1967mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have never taken the test but it would seem idiotic if they did not have a pool of questions to choose from. My background is IT and every time i take an exam for a cert they always have the computer pick from the pool based on the weighted ratio of the questions.
    The Time is Now, There is No Tomorrow or Yesterday.

Thanks for the reply. I would think so too, but I am not sure about this one. I found that the NSCA has 3 sets of questions, but they have a different format with questions weighted differently, etc. ACSM has all the questions worth the same, and gradded on an SAT-like scale.

I am re-taking the test tomorrow, and it would be a load off my mind if I knew that they would be the same.

They normally make you wait 2 weeks between taking and re-taking, but I got around that by just signing up with slightly different info online, so it will seem as if it's my first time taking it. It was more expensive this way, but I have a full stop deadline to get this passed by Sunday so it was the only way to do it.

Any last minute help? Would really take a load off my mind. Anybody take this test twice?

Hi all,

Ok, so for future reference for those who are having to retake the ACSM exam:

Only about 15 of 150 questions were exactly the same, but there was also only about 5 that were totally different. The other 130 were VERY similar questions with only slight variations.

The NSCA test was harder, but prepared me for about 70% of the ACSM. Good luck to you!

Liftforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Liftforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Liftforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Liftforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Liftforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Liftforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Liftforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Liftforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Liftforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Liftforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Liftforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just wondering: When you are referring to the NSCA test, you mean the NSCA-CPT, right? Not the CSCS
    Love it. Live it.

"Your biggest challenge isn't someone else. It's the ache in your lungs and the burning in your legs, and the voice inside you that yells "CAN'T", but you don't listen. You just push harder. And then you hear the voice whisper "can" and you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the one you really are." - Unknown

Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    why did u get both certifications?

Also, just so you know, if they ever find out that you used different info on the sign-up page and didn't wait the full 2 weeks they will pull your cert.

I don't know why on earth you would risk that.