amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Changing the way figure girls look?

Okay so we just went to the Nationals show in Charleston and not to hateful but the girls who won were on the softer side and not as bulky. A girlfriend of mine got told she was to hard and so did a few other girls. I also heard that a couple pro girls got a letter saying basically that they needed to be softer in the shows (a friend of mine is pro and I know she got one). So my question is are they changing the look of figure. I am not even kidding you. I picked out the softest girl in every class to watch and out of all but a couple they were the ones that won. Im not being disrepectful to anyone because I know all those girls busted their ass to get there you could just tell a few were leaner than the others and they didnt place very well at all. Just wanted to know if this was just this show or if the whole look of figure was about to be changed. When they post tonights pictures you guys should check them out. The winners looked great but some didnt even have abs.

tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by amberlyann2005 View Post
    Okay so we just went to the Nationals show in Charleston and not to hateful but the girls who won were on the softer side and not as bulky. A girlfriend of mine got told she was to hard and so did a few other girls. I also heard that a couple pro girls got a letter saying basically that they needed to be softer in the shows (a friend of mine is pro and I know she got one). So my question is are they changing the look of figure. I am not even kidding you. I picked out the softest girl in every class to watch and out of all but a couple they were the ones that won. Im not being disrepectful to anyone because I know all those girls busted their ass to get there you could just tell a few were leaner than the others and they didnt place very well at all. Just wanted to know if this was just this show or if the whole look of figure was about to be changed. When they post tonights pictures you guys should check them out. The winners looked great but some didnt even have abs.
    it was figure not fitness?

amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Figure. The fitness girls looked better than some of the girls that won figure.

thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500)
    There is a whole push to make figure girls less lean and muscular...more close to swimsuit models. It is so crazy the way they are changing things up...simply to get more of the American general public to buy into figure competitions.
    so i have done it all...now what?!

Yeah. I couldnt believe the way it turned out. I just wish they had let the girls know before they busted their ass to get lean. My friend got down to 9% body fat.. now that takes a lot of work and dedication!

marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah, I'm not sure that I like the new figure look AT ALL, maybe I should just stick to natural orgs after all. However, I saw the photos of the Female BBer that took the overall at the Jr USA and she was BEAUTIFUL...not a steroided freak by any means.
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer
    Available for Contest Prep help in Hampton Roads area, PM me!

Originally Posted by marilynny View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure that I like the new figure look AT ALL, maybe I should just stick to natural orgs after all. However, I saw the photos of the Female BBer that took the overall at the Jr USA and she was BEAUTIFUL...not a steroided freak by any means.
    I agree that the girl who took overall looked great! All the girls were beautiful and looked amazing its just they didnt pick the girls who were super lean which is what I have seen in the past.

thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500)
    Yeah. I couldnt believe the way it turned out. I just wish they had let the girls know before they busted their ass to get lean. My friend got down to 9% body fat.. now that takes a lot of work and dedication!
    It is a mixed bag of ideas and opinions in relations to what should be the "right" figure or level of figure. But the main issue is that hard dieting takes away from the beauty (face wise) of the females and makes them look harding/drained in that area.
    so i have done it all...now what?!

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am not thrilled with the results from the Jr USAs. I'm curious to see if this judging trend is consistent all season. A lot of National level Figure women are talking about going to FBB. There is a discussion about this in my journal right now.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

Cardio_bunni is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cardio_bunni is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cardio_bunni is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cardio_bunni is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cardio_bunni is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cardio_bunni is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cardio_bunni is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cardio_bunni is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cardio_bunni is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cardio_bunni is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cardio_bunni is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    9% is impressive! Tell her we salute her :-)

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thediabolical View Post
    There is a whole push to make figure girls less lean and muscular...more close to swimsuit models. It is so crazy the way they are changing things up...simply to get more of the American general public to buy into figure competitions.
    That's what FAME and Hawaiian Tropic are for.

Originally Posted by marilynny View Post
    Yes, Jennifer Cowan happens to be pretty as well as having a phenomenal physique. However, not everyone is born attractive, even without the use of illegal substances.

Are you saying that the Figure look in the tested orgs is actually harder than the new NPC guidelines?
    Last edited by dvsness; 05-20-2008 at 12:28 PM.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Removing muscularity and pushing an even softer look on figure girls will basically make figure into a beauty contest.
    Think about it, there would be nothing a girl with less than perfect structure could change. She cant build muscle to hide whatever defects her physique has because muscularity is discouraged, she cant pose to hide her defects because there are no poses other than front side and back turns. She cant attract the judges and the audience with a posing routine because there is none!
    So what the hell is the point of such a competition?
    Whoever is blessed with better bone structure wins?
    They already have something like that and its called A BEAUTY CONTEST

If youre going to go that way at least make it like it is in the NABBA and introduce posing similar to FBB, and a posing routine.

ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would like to see the two meet half way. I am not a big fan of the androgen popping fitness girls and neither am I a fan of the soft look. I have all the respect in the world for the girls that do it naturally, but I have known many fitness girls and the natural ones are few and far between. Just because they are going for the lean look instead of the bulky look still doesn't make it right to be dosing hormones or drugs.

Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    its their choice, not yours

And there are already natural shows for those who do choose to stay away from enhancements.