1,509 31.23%
  • RECON

844 17.47%
  • Pararescue

1,960 40.56%
  • Rangers

519 10.74%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by funnamintu View Post
    wow, I just read through this post and I am speechless and laughing at the same time. about some of the 'claims' that are being made.

Since when do the SEALS have the longest training and since when do they have a higher washout rate then us?
    Us? Do you mean PJ's or something? My brother is a PJ and my father is a former PJ. They don't **** around dude.

Plus you really can't compare any one SF squad to the other. PJ's are almost like search and rescue. All of SF are different for a reason.
    Last edited by CallMeGod; 05-17-2008 at 06:39 AM.
    BMBC
    In life, there's going to be somethings that make it hard to smile.
    But whatever you do; Through all the rain & the pain; you got to keep your sense of humor;
    you've got to smile for me now Remember that. - Tupac Amaru Shakur

Even though I walk
    through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
    Psalm 23:3-5

mkpat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkpat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkpat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkpat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkpat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkpat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkpat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkpat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkpat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkpat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkpat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    You will not hear about a lot of what Delta does, atleast until the gov't feels its safe to leak the information/stories. If you havn't already heard about the rescue of Kurt Muse 1989, you should read about it. Pretty incredible if you ask me.
    link to mission: http://www.specialoperations.com/Ope.../default2.html
    The ability to overcome hopelessness and despair will determine your success. Pain is not your biggest battle. - Killing Lions

-Killer of threads VP
    -Socially inept
    -#1 trier
    -Appreciates a good conspiracy theory

A Country Boy Can Survive atrain11b's Avatar
    atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by funnamintu View Post
    wow, I just read through this post and I am speechless and laughing at the same time. about some of the 'claims' that are being made.
    x2

Originally Posted by US_Ranger View Post
    Here we go again..........
    x2

Originally Posted by twofortyfan View Post
    OK, I have to through some stuff out there:

but in the Army it's hard to convince some ignorant people that the Airforce has Hooah soldiers too.
    Not quoting everything you put, but excellent post all the way

Originally Posted by NuggzTheNinja View Post
    Good idea. Ask a bunch of people in misc who don't know ****. Are you really going to be satisfied with a stupid answer to a stupid question?
    LOL, just what I was thinking by the time I hit the end of page 2.

Why don't people who have questions about the Military, ask people in the MILITARY.

For those of you who actually care and want to know about Military things, wheter it is about joining or whatever hit these threads up courtesy of Nutsy:

Army
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7553901
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7346001
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7305261

Marine Corps
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1449201
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5617781
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5420863

Air Force
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2187341

General Military
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=802003
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6458331

Navy - Focused on submarines, but some Navy info is also in the Marine threads
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6084941

Reps to all Military in this thread trying to straighten things out!

EDIT: Yes people from the Spec Ops Community post in the above threads. I am pretty sure they can square you away.
    FOB Salerno Afghanistan ABC:
    htttp://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=29815

You want to know the secret? The secret to geting huge? Bro, there are no ****in secrets. -House-

mkpat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkpat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkpat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkpat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkpat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkpat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkpat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkpat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkpat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkpat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkpat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The fact of the matter is is that there is basically only one SOF job that you can "walk into" and thats an 18X as classified by the Army. It is basically an infantry position which guarantee's you a slot at SFAS AFTER you go through BASIC, Infantry AIT ( which is just extended basic ) and airborne school. Thats 21 weeks in and of itself, through in about 15 days of SFAS on top of that and if you are selected ( remeber that making it through SFAS only means that you are going to be interviewed before they decide if they want you or not) you will begin an oddessy like no other that includes anything from 26 weeks of weapons training to over 52 weeks of medical training topped off with SERE school Robin Sage and followed up by another year or so of bouncing from Mountain traing to Ranger shool to Air Assault to Pathfinder to HALO to Scuba which is then closely followed by your first deployment.
    Exactly, takes anywhere from 24-26 months before you even earn your sf tab. Even after that, you still have a foreign language to learn... like ^^ that guy said the training never ends.
    The ability to overcome hopelessness and despair will determine your success. Pain is not your biggest battle. - Killing Lions

-Killer of threads VP
    -Socially inept
    -#1 trier

HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This thread is hilarious. I have read more dumb **** that people with zero ****ing knowledge have pulled out of their asses than I can count.
    Never criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Packer Nation

HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by NuggzTheNinja View Post
    I'm surprised that it's that high. In my unit, not counting the entirety of the training cycle, JUST the tryouts, about 250 tried out and maybe 35-40 got in.
    I believe it's that high because the preselection criteria is fairly stringent.
    Never criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Packer Nation

Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm not even american, and not even in the military, but the amount of nonsensical bull**** spewed so far in this thread is hilarious. Most of the "facts" being thrown out there are so completely far off course it wouldn't even be possible to change the words and have it be remotely correct. God damn people, if you don't know what you're talking about just shut up.

Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I love these threads. So many misinformed, ignorant, or just plain lying dumbasses. Then someone comes along and reads this crap and takes it as fact and spreads more **** elsewhere.

Each unit trains for their respective duties. Asking which is better is just moronic.

Bansky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bansky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bansky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bansky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bansky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bansky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bansky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bansky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bansky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bansky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bansky is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by fenixzona View Post
    Not true. You can join the Navy and become a Seal. Actually you are misinformed on a few of your posts. For example ever heard of Navy EOD? Infantry is only one MOS in the Army and Marines, there are plenty of non-combat MOS's in the military. "Overrated Seal"??? Are you kidding? Any fuq stick who was lucky enough in the Army to pass land nav with a high score gets to go to Ranger School. C'mon dude, Rangers are not that much more advanced than your basic airborne infantry soldier. They are very valuable and some Ranger units are high speed, but... Seals are not doing land work? Ever hear of Afghanistan? Plenty of Seals doing real missions there... without their flippers even. Lastly, that comment about the Berets was a bit retarded. The reason the Army went to all troops wearing them was for morale. They just happened to pick the Black beret, which was historically for Rangers, hence the Rangers moving to a sand color beret. SCUBA 1? Whatever...
    finally someone whos not a complete jackass

twofortyfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) twofortyfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) twofortyfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) twofortyfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) twofortyfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) twofortyfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) twofortyfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) twofortyfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) twofortyfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) twofortyfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) twofortyfan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fenixzona
    Not true. You can join the Navy and become a Seal. Actually you are misinformed on a few of your posts. For example ever heard of Navy EOD? Infantry is only one MOS in the Army and Marines, there are plenty of non-combat MOS's in the military. "Overrated Seal"??? Are you kidding? Any fuq stick who was lucky enough in the Army to pass land nav with a high score gets to go to Ranger School. C'mon dude, Rangers are not that much more advanced than your basic airborne infantry soldier. They are very valuable and some Ranger units are high speed, but... Seals are not doing land work? Ever hear of Afghanistan? Plenty of Seals doing real missions there... without their flippers even. Lastly, that comment about the Berets was a bit retarded. The reason the Army went to all troops wearing them was for morale. They just happened to pick the Black beret, which was historically for Rangers, hence the Rangers moving to a sand color beret. SCUBA 1? Whatever...

I just want to put out there again that earning your Ranger tab won't make you a Ranger. Yes, Rangers are glorified infantry but there is more to it than that. You sound like you have a better idea than most on what they are/do so arguing the point would be silly. I just wanted to remind you that being a ranger and wearing a tab are diferent.
    It used to be that going to Ranger school was extremely difficult but now they ask for RIP voluenteers during the first days of Airborne training ( still wish I had said yes). As it is turning out it seems that Ranger school is turning more to a leadership course and Ranger battalions are where it's at if you want to be a real Ranger.
    Fun fact: Most Rangers won't make it through SF training!?!? Why you ask, because it is two different jobs like I said before. That is why SOCOM has all of these different tools at thier disposal. You want to overthrow a local tribal leader without alerting the world to your presence? Send in SF to train the local forces to do the job for you. You want to take out a terrorist training camp on a sea bound barge? SEALS. You want to assault a village in rapid order without the airforce blowing it to hell with a JDAM? Rangers. You want to rescue a downed pilot in North Korea before he captured? PJ's. It's all mission depentdent and most of the military guys on here know this. I think we should ( from now on ) just help propogate these rumors. I'll start:
    I heard to be a PJ you had to make a HALO jump from 50,000 without oxygen and open you chute at under 100 ft.
    I hear to be a SEAL you have to hold your breath longer than David Blaine and eat your first born.
    I heard to be a Ranger you had to pick one of your family members to assasinate.
    I heard to be SF you had to have been a legacy because SF trains their children at a young age to be the only ones qualified to pass training.
    There, that should get the ball rolling

sparkzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sparkzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sparkzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sparkzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sparkzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sparkzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sparkzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sparkzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sparkzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sparkzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sparkzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    sas > all

just sayin'

BigBen85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBen85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBen85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBen85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBen85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBen85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBen85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBen85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBen85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBen85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBen85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by rockchalk420 View Post
    gotta go with the Navy SEALs. I was actually strongly considering going into the navy and becomeing a SEAL...SEALs have the longest, hardest training in the world.
    not true, that distinction goes to Royal Marine Commandos.
    I REP ALL CURRENT AND FORMER MILITARY MEMBERS, BOTH FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC. IF I MISS YOU SEND ME A PM AND I WILL GET YOU. YOU ARE ALL HEROES IN MY BOOK.

*****MFC 4 LYFE!!!!!!*****

*****Virginia Crew*****

twofortyfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) twofortyfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) twofortyfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) twofortyfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) twofortyfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) twofortyfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) twofortyfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) twofortyfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) twofortyfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) twofortyfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) twofortyfan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I heard delta force trains for 5 years before you even get a shot at being on a team and even then you have to beat Chuck Norris in a knife fight.... those crazy Delta's!

OH, BTW I also heard to be a SEAL you have to power bomb John Cena

OH,OH, OH,- I also heard to be a SEAL you have to beat Steven Segal.... IN THE KITCHEN!!!
    Last edited by twofortyfan; 05-17-2008 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Silly mistake

Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I heard delta force trains for 5 years before you even get a shot at being on a team and even then you have to beat Chuck Norris in a knife fight.... those crazy Delta's!

OH, BTW I also heard to be a SEAL you have to power bomb John Cena

OH,OH, OH,- I also heard to be a SEAL you have to beat Steven Segal.... IN THE KITCHEN!!!

Mike-anon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike-anon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike-anon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike-anon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike-anon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike-anon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike-anon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike-anon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike-anon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike-anon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike-anon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No SAS or JTF2?

I wanted some country arguments where there's a clear bias
    ** I rape back 1k+**

---If I handed you a list of every God, spirit, supernatural being, religion, supernatural claim, etc to have ever been proposed by humanity, and gave you the task of writing "legitimate" or "we made this **** up" next to each one, how far down the list would you get before spotting a trend?---

fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fenixzona

I just want to put out there again that earning your Ranger tab won't make you a Ranger. Yes, Rangers are glorified infantry but there is more to it than that. You sound like you have a better idea than most on what they are/do so arguing the point would be silly. I just wanted to remind you that being a ranger and wearing a tab are diferent.
    It used to be that going to Ranger school was extremely difficult but now they ask for RIP voluenteers during the first days of Airborne training ( still wish I had said yes). As it is turning out it seems that Ranger school is turning more to a leadership course and Ranger battalions are where it's at if you want to be a real Ranger.
    Fun fact: Most Rangers won't make it through SF training!?!? Why you ask, because it is two different jobs like I said before. That is why SOCOM has all of these different tools at thier disposal. You want to overthrow a local tribal leader without alerting the world to your presence? Send in SF to train the local forces to do the job for you. You want to take out a terrorist training camp on a sea bound barge? SEALS. You want to assault a village in rapid order without the airforce blowing it to hell with a JDAM? Rangers. You want to rescue a downed pilot in North Korea before he captured? PJ's. It's all mission depentdent and most of the military guys on here know this. I think we should ( from now on ) just help propogate these rumors. I'll start:
    I heard to be a PJ you had to make a HALO jump from 50,000 without oxygen and open you chute at under 100 ft.
    I hear to be a SEAL you have to hold your breath longer than David Blaine and eat your first born.
    I heard to be a Ranger you had to pick one of your family members to assasinate.
    I heard to be SF you had to have been a legacy because SF trains their children at a young age to be the only ones qualified to pass training.
    There, that should get the ball rolling

No, you're right about the Tab and stuff. They are churning out Rangers far too often these days so it is diluting the heritage a bit. Still, everyone who earns a tab earns my respect and admiration. It's true that most Rangers will not move on to the SF's, but there is no shame in being/earning a Ranger tab...NO WAY. To decide which spec ops is the toughest, is like asking what color is the prettiest. They all have their place on the rainbow. Anyway, I am reminded of this:

"It's not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or when the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worth cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

...and that's for all the brave men and women who have served and continue to serve the greatest nation on earth. By the way, the old Russian Spetsnaz was pretty hardcore as well.
    Last edited by fenixzona; 05-17-2008 at 09:35 AM.

Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by axion View Post
    LOL at the guy who said SEAL training is the hardest. Their hell week is considered pretty brutal, but from what I've read the rest of it, while not a walk in the park, isn't incredibly difficult.

When i was in indoc, they even say that the first 7 weeks (including indoc, so post hell week is the mark) is really all you need to get through.. The rest is just dragging yourself through it. Not a "should i quit or not". The only thing though, is dive phase probably isnt easy. When i was there, i talked to an ensign who had just finished "Pool Comp" (20 minutes of being tossed around underwater, and doing **** with the scuba tanks and whatnot).. and he said it was by far the worst experience of his life.

and yes i quit BUD/s before anyone asks, epic fail lol
    Last edited by Fon7ana; 05-17-2008 at 09:45 AM.

US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by teriyakisaki View Post
    i love how most everybody who has chimed in, a) has never been there or done that, and b) spewed some sort of bull**** whether its false facts, or calling everybody special forces. special forces are AKA green berets. SPECIAL OPS is the umbrella term. bottom line:

QFMFT

/thread

Originally Posted by Fon7ana View Post
    When i was in indoc, they even say that the first 7 weeks is really all you need to get through.. The rest is just dragging yourself through it. Not a "should i quit or not". The only thing though, is dive phase probably isnt easy. When i was there, i talked to an ensign who had just finished "Pool Comp" (20 minutes of being tossed around underwater, and doing **** with the scuba tanks and whatnot).. and he said it was by far the worst experience of his life.

You went to BUD/s? How long before you quit?

Packer Nation

poolshark472 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poolshark472 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poolshark472 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poolshark472 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poolshark472 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poolshark472 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poolshark472 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poolshark472 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poolshark472 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poolshark472 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poolshark472 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    PJ's are always at least Paramedics or more I think, so they'd probably be best equipped with dealing with their own wounded.

pantera02018 is just really nice. (+1000) pantera02018 is just really nice. (+1000) pantera02018 is just really nice. (+1000) pantera02018 is just really nice. (+1000) pantera02018 is just really nice. (+1000) pantera02018 is just really nice. (+1000) pantera02018 is just really nice. (+1000) pantera02018 is just really nice. (+1000) pantera02018 is just really nice. (+1000) pantera02018 is just really nice. (+1000) pantera02018 is just really nice. (+1000)
    rangers

cause they outnumber everyone else

amirite?

Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by HELIX35 View Post
    You went to BUD/s? How long before you quit?
    indoc. didnt want it anymore.. didnt even get to the hard **** lol

Just attempting it earns my respect man. Better to try and fail then not try at all.

-Killer of threads VP
    -Socially inept
    -#1 trier

Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    Just attempting it earns my respect man. Better to try and fail then not try at all.
    yea once you get there its so much different than you expect.

Its funny in BUD/s prep. EVERYONE was so sure they would make it..

like 5 did out of ALOT

US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by pantera02018 View Post
    rangers

cause they outnumber everyone else

amirite?
    There are approximately between 2,000 and 2,500 rangers at any given time serving on active duty in the military.

yea once you get there its so much different than you expect.

Its funny in BUD/s prep. EVERYONE was so sure they would make it..

like 5 did out of ALOT
    What made you (and the others) drop out?

Packer Nation

callum-2006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) callum-2006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) callum-2006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) callum-2006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) callum-2006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) callum-2006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) callum-2006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) callum-2006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) callum-2006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) callum-2006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) callum-2006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great question OP, we all know the misc is full of special force operates!

Originally Posted by HELIX35 View Post
    What made you (and the others) drop out?
    typical reasons... too hard, lack of motivation, just didnt want it anymore, family reasons.

your standard excuses

typical reasons... too hard, lack of motivation, just didnt want it anymore, family reasons.

your standard excuses
    That seems about right. I've never attempted but I believe one of the biggest things would be the question of "What the **** did I get myselft into" or "Why the **** am I here." They don't say it's a mental battle for no reason. Ill get you on recharge.

-Killer of threads VP
    -Socially inept
    -#1 trier

H1Tm4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1Tm4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1Tm4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1Tm4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1Tm4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1Tm4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1Tm4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1Tm4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1Tm4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1Tm4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1Tm4n will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i think the rangers are going to win...arent they the biggest force? seals are in low numbers