songstress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much whey protein should I consume?

I just started drinking whey protein and Im still not sure as to how much I should be drinking. Today I drank 8 ounces for breakfast and then 8 ounces after my workout which was about 8 hours later. Is that too much? Im currently 126 lbs at 5 foot 3 and would like to gain more muscle on my legs and arms. I do about an hour of cardio a day which burns approximately 600 calories and I switch up my weight training on a daily basis.

willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    8 ounces??? you mean one scoop in 8 ounces of liquid?

houpty32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) houpty32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) houpty32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) houpty32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) houpty32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) houpty32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) houpty32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) houpty32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) houpty32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) houpty32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) houpty32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How many scoops of whey do you use per said drink?
    No homo.

Oops sorry I meant one whole scoop in 8 ounces of light vanilla soy milk...

Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How many scoops? How many grams of whey per scoop?

At your weight try to eat around 150 grams of protein a day between your meals and your supps.
    -Antiacus

A scoop is 29.4 grams

110 calories per scoop

Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So if you take 2 scoops a day, that leaves 90 grams of protein to include in your regular diet. Should be pretty easy. At 240 lbs i have a hard time getting enough and it's so nice to be able to mix up a shake.
    -Antiacus

Rippley05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rippley05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rippley05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rippley05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Antiacus View Post
    So if you take 2 scoops a day, that leaves 90 grams of protein to include in your regular diet. Should be pretty easy. At 240 lbs i have a hard time getting enough and it's so nice to be able to mix up a shake.
    HAH yea I agree I'm at 205 lbs right now and it's impossible for me to average 300 grams of protein a day=\ ... I just can't pull it off most the time ~

But yea I think what the OP is doing is fine ^ ^

Do you think the 2 scoops is enough or should I try to incorporate like one more drink throughout my day. I only eat about 2-3 meals a day and they dont always consist of a lot of protein. Thanks for the input. Im new to all of this and want to get the most out of my workouts! Especially since I have a lot of flab that needs tightening lol

Well, i'm not suggesting counting calories as a lifestyle but it sounds like you would gain some insight by doing it for a week.

Count calories, fat grams, carbs, protein grams, and sodium for 1 week and you'll learn a ton.

From there it will be easy to figure out how much you are eating and thus, how much you need to supplement.
    -Antiacus

Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    How many scoops? How many grams of whey per scoop?

At your weight try to eat around 150 grams of protein a day between your meals and your supps.
    150 grams? He weighs 160+ pounds. That wouldn't even put him at a positive nitrogen retention...

I would always be consuming 1.5g protein per 1lb. body weight to be safe.

Originally Posted by Rippley05 View Post
    HAH yea I agree I'm at 205 lbs right now and it's impossible for me to average 300 grams of protein a day=\ ... I just can't pull it off most the time ~

But yea I think what the OP is doing is fine ^ ^
    Seriously? Man...
    I don't know man.
    There's plenty of people working and going to school at the same time, on deployments in the military, people working long shifts that make time to meet their protein requirements. I eat 250g a day and I'm in a 3rd world country right now. Gotta step it up!

Originally Posted by Hatebreed13 View Post
    150 grams? He weighs 160+ pounds. That wouldn't even put him at a positive nitrogen retention...

I would always be consuming 1.5g protein per 1lb. body weight to be safe.

Seriously? Man...
    I don't know man.
    There's plenty of people working and going to school at the same time, on deployments in the military, people working long shifts that make time to meet their protein requirements. I eat 250g a day and I'm in a 3rd world country right now. Gotta step it up!
    5'3 - 126 lbs

And Hawaii is not a 3rd world country!
    -Antiacus

Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    5'3 - 126 lbs

And Hawaii is not a 3rd world country!
    I wish I was still in Hawai'i hahaha

My bad, I thought he was heavier. So 190g protein...

Well, i'm not suggesting counting calories as a lifestyle but it sounds like you would gain some insight by doing it for a week.

Count calories, fat grams, carbs, protein grams, and sodium for 1 week and you'll learn a ton.

From there it will be easy to figure out how much you are eating and thus, how much you need to supplement.
    Thank you! Im going to try this. Thanks everyone.