Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by NoFlag View Post
    1) Is there a reason for the first excersise to be 4x5? Could I do 3x8?
    I like 5 reps but there is no rule saying you cant do 3 x 8. Its just a template, use what you feel is more applicable to you.

2) Would M,T,T,F work? I don't like going to the gym on Saturdays.
    It can work well, I personaly like to avoid too many back to back training days, again this is not a hard and fast rule so try your days and see how it goes.

3) Can I do SLDL for the hams on Day 1?
    Sure or even glute ham raises

4) Something is wrong with my ratator cluff, when I'm doing lateral rises it hurts and probobly makes it worse. Would Arnold press work(or the Military)?
    Just interested.
    Im no doctor so I really wouldnt like to recommend anything in this regard.

IMO get it checked out.

NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sure, thanks.
    Longterm goal - 90kg[200lbs]

alexdallas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    can someone pls post a cardio regimen for this program? that would include the pre-workout cardio, and all other cardio..

i am going to follow this program- i guess on a maintenance/bulking program..i won't be too strict on bulking, but ultimately i'm looking to burn some fat and gain muscle.

thank you.

waynelucky2 is just really nice. (+1000) waynelucky2 is just really nice. (+1000) waynelucky2 is just really nice. (+1000) waynelucky2 is just really nice. (+1000) waynelucky2 is just really nice. (+1000) waynelucky2 is just really nice. (+1000) waynelucky2 is just really nice. (+1000) waynelucky2 is just really nice. (+1000) waynelucky2 is just really nice. (+1000) waynelucky2 is just really nice. (+1000) waynelucky2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wow you spend some good time helping people and more, this needs sticky.

Originally Posted by britlifter View Post
    I see on these forums more and more programs with the question "What do you think?"

Its great that so many, especially youngsters want to get in shape and develop their physiques! And many are fully prepared to put in the time, sometimes too much time, to get there. I would like to outline 3 basic points that I personaly belive is important for beginners to consider when putting together a workout routine. Most of these things have been mentioned many times on the board but I hope it'l help some beginners who are here for the first time browsing the forums.

1/ Don't copy the workout routines of advanced guys that are already big, and strong

The training style of someone who is already strong, and has experiance under his belt maybe very different to a newbie. Don't look at these guys training styles and think that you need to train their way straight off. These guys have built up their work capacity, and also through experiance, know how to fine tune a workout to address their own personal strengths and weaknesses.

2/ No one training style is the best

There are many styles of training and while a training system maybe optimal for someone at a given time, no one training style is the best, for everyone, at all times. We must experiment and find what works for us as an individual, because thats what you are, unique, so while somebody else may gain on style A, style B may be more suited to you. The best way to find out? Try!

3/ Keep your routine simple, basic and focus on getting stronger

The best thing a newbie can do is train to get stronger on the core lifts, compound (multi-joint) movements

Squats
    Deadlifts
    Bench
    Rows
    Dips
    Chins
    Overhead pressing

These are the things to focus on, and get good at. Think how much bigger you'd be if you concentrated on the above lifts for a year or two and added significant amounts of weight to each! All without tricep kickbacks and side lateral raises! I'm not saying don't perform any isolation (single-joint) exercises but the above movements and their variations are the money makers!

A routine that is highly respected and held in high regard around here is to be found here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

It has given many beginners great results. Notice its very simple and basic, thumbs up!

Another very respected site with great info is found here:

http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow...nts_thread.htm

Much to be learnt there with two great routines.

Another very good routine based around the basics is to be found here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843

all pro is a very experianced long time poster here with a great reputation.

I'd like to share a few routines that in my experiance, I have found usefull.

A simple 3 day routine. Each bodypart once per week. Each exercise 2-4 sets, reps 5-8

Back/Bis
    Deadlifts
    A Row
    Chins or Pulldows
    Bicep Curl

Chest/Tris
    Bench
    Inc Bench
    Chest Dips
    Triceps Isolation

Legs/Shoulders
    Squat
    GHR (Glute Ham Raise)
    Military Press
    Calf Work

A rotation that hits each bodypart once every 4-5 days (3 times every 2 weeks)

WEEK 1

Monday
    Squat 2-3 x 5, 1 x 10
    Ham Work 3 x 8
    BB Row 4 x 6
    Bicep Iso 3 x 8

Wednesday
    Bench Press 3 x 5
    Dips 3 x 6-8
    OH Press 3 x 6-8
    Tricep Iso 2 x 8

Friday
    Deadlift 2 x 5, 1 x 3
    Leg Press 2-3 x 10
    Wide Grip Pullups 4 x 8
    Bicep Iso 3 x 8

WEEK 2

Monday
    Bench Press 3 x 5
    Dips 3 x 6-8
    OH Press 3 x 6-8
    Tricep Iso 3 x 8

Wednesday
    Squat 2-3 x 5, 1 x 10
    Ham Work 3 x 8
    Pullups/ DB Row 3 x 8
    Bicep Iso 3 x 8

Friday
    Bench Press 3 x 5
    Incline Press 2-3 x 10
    OH Press 3 x 6-8
    Tricep Iso 3 x 8

Repeat

A favorite of mine that hits each bodypart twice per week but without using tons of volume

Day 1
    Legs/ Back/ Bi's

4x Squats: 5 reps
    3x Ham Curl: 8 reps
    3x A Row: 8 reps
    2x Bicep Curls: 10 reps

Day 2
    Chest/ Delts/ Tri's

4x Bench Press: 5 reps
    3x Military Press: 8 reps
    3x Tricep Isolation: 8 reps
    2x Calf Work: 15 reps

Day 3
    Legs/ Back/ Bi's

4x Deadlifts: 5 reps
    3x Pullups: 8 reps
    3x Leg Press: 8 reps
    2x Biceps Curls: 10 reps

Day 4
    Chest/ Delts/ Tri's

4x Incline DB Press: 5 reps
    3x Chest Dips: 8 reps
    3x Side Lateral Raise: 8 reps

Day 1: On
    Day 2: On
    Day 3: Off
    Day 4: On
    Day 5: Off
    Day 6: On
    Day 7: Off

A couple of examples of 2 day per week training (yes it does work for some either pressed for time or with poor recovery)

Each bodypart 1x a week

Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
    Bench or Dips
    Incline Bench (optional)
    OH Press
    Side Laterals
    Tricep Isolation

Legs, Back, Biceps
    Squat or Deadlifts
    Leg Press (optional)
    A row
    Pullups
    Bicep Curl

Hitting each major bodypart 2x per week

Workout 1
    Squats
    A Row
    Bench
    Incline Bench
    Bicep Curl

Workout 2
    Deadlifts
    Pullups
    Dips
    OH Press
    Tricep Isolation

^^^ They are just a few routines Iv used before either myself or with others.

A routine to get you big and strong doesn't need to be filled with loads of "stuff" just heavy work on the important lifts at a frequency that you personally can recover from.

If you decide to put together your own program remember to keep it

Simple
    Basic
    Focus on big lifts
    Get strong

Add to this a decent diet, and you'll get the gains you want!
    Wayne

N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thx Wayne.

Actualy this thread is sticked in the ultimate workout thread.

Musclefever is just really nice. (+1000) Musclefever is just really nice. (+1000) Musclefever is just really nice. (+1000) Musclefever is just really nice. (+1000) Musclefever is just really nice. (+1000) Musclefever is just really nice. (+1000) Musclefever is just really nice. (+1000) Musclefever is just really nice. (+1000) Musclefever is just really nice. (+1000) Musclefever is just really nice. (+1000) Musclefever is just really nice. (+1000)
    GREAT TIPS BRO, everybeginner should read this, btw i like ur fav workout, its similar to a push pull
    NO PAIN NO GAIN

bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great post. Should be a sticky.
    There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy overestimate your faults, unless it is to have a friend underestimate your virtues.
    -Don Vito Corleone

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166936131

Giants001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Giants001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Giants001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Giants001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Giants001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Giants001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Giants001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Giants001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Giants001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Giants001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Giants001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    would your back/bis, chest/tris, legs/delts be good for size also? just wonderin cuz im thinking of doing ur workout, looks really good.

AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey mate,

Was just wondering if you have any other Upper/Lower style programs other than the one listed in your OP? Perhaps something with a LITTLE more volume?

Originally Posted by AndrewWard123 View Post
    Hey mate,

Was just wondering if you have any other Upper/Lower style programs other than the one listed in your OP? Perhaps something with a LITTLE more volume?
    Upper Body 1

Bench Press
    DB Row
    Incline Press
    Chins
    Bicep Isolation

Lower Body 1

Deadlifts
    Leg press
    Calf raises
    Abs

Upper Body 2

Military Press
    BB Row
    Dips
    Pullups
    Tricep Isolation

Lower Body 2

Squats
    Ham Exercise
    Calf Raises
    Abs

2-4 sets per exercise.

Upper 1
    Lower 1
    Off
    Upper 2
    Off
    Lower 2
    Off
    Repeat
    Last edited by Natural2; 09-23-2008 at 02:43 AM.

rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    A simple 3 day routine. Each bodypart once per week. Each exercise 2-4 sets, reps 5-8

Back/Bis
    Deadlifts
    A Row
    Chins or Pulldows
    Bicep Curl

Chest/Tris
    Bench
    Inc Bench
    Chest Dips
    Triceps Isolation

Legs/Shoulders
    Squat
    GHR (Glute Ham Raise)
    Military Press
    Calf Work
    How about:

Back/Bis
    Rack pulls
    A Row
    Chins or Pulldows
    Bicep Curl

Chest/shoulders/Tris
    Bench
    OH press
    Chest Dips
    Triceps Isolation

Legs
    Squat
    SLDL
    Leg press
    Calf Work

I don't like doing legs with shoulders, and that's my leg workout.
    In the words of Julius Caesar: "War gives the right of the conquerors to impose any conditions they please upon the vanquished."

Looks fine rood_boi

viper30j is just really nice. (+1000) viper30j is just really nice. (+1000) viper30j is just really nice. (+1000) viper30j is just really nice. (+1000) viper30j is just really nice. (+1000) viper30j is just really nice. (+1000) viper30j is just really nice. (+1000) viper30j is just really nice. (+1000) viper30j is just really nice. (+1000) viper30j is just really nice. (+1000) viper30j is just really nice. (+1000)
    i have a 3- day split. Lift mon - weds- fri. It does NOT feel like enough. I feel a week is too long for wait to hit same muscle Would doubling up be more effective?

IE.
    lift mon-tues weds
    thurs-break
    lift- fri-sat sun

Originally Posted by viper30j View Post
    i have a 3- day split. Lift mon - weds- fri. It does NOT feel like enough. I feel a week is too long for wait to hit same muscle Would doubling up be more effective?

IE.
    lift mon-tues weds
    thurs-break
    lift- fri-sat sun
    I would not suggest training 6 days per week, if you wish to train each muscle group with more frequency I would suggest training either 4x per week:

Day 1: Upper
    Day 2: Lower
    Day 4: Upper
    Day 6: Lower

Repeat

Or train 3x per week rotating the workouts.

WK 1: Upper/Lower/Upper
    WK 2: Lower/Upper/Lower

roger4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roger4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roger4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roger4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roger4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roger4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roger4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roger4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roger4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roger4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roger4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thnx for the advice. a lot of information here for beginners!!

uday1583 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uday1583 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uday1583 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uday1583 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uday1583 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uday1583 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uday1583 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uday1583 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uday1583 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uday1583 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uday1583 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    very good advice i feel as many of the newbies to workouts copy the advanced workout plans which might hamper their growth in the longer run and burn out themselves very soon and loose interest... nice info dude..
    Check out my progress and how I went from 157lbs to 191lbs in 9 months..

http://www.bodybuilding.com

Registered User DeathtoToasters's Avatar
    DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000)
    A favorite of mine that hits each bodypart twice per week but without using tons of volume

Day 1
    Legs/ Back/ Bi's

4x Squats: 5 reps
    3x Ham Curl: 8 reps
    3x A Row: 8 reps
    2x Bicep Curls: 10 reps

Day 2
    Chest/ Delts/ Tri's

4x Bench Press: 5 reps
    3x Military Press: 8 reps
    3x Tricep Isolation: 8 reps

Day 3
    Legs/ Back/ Bi's

4x Deadlifts: 5 reps
    3x Pullups: 8 reps
    3x Leg Press: 8 reps
    2x Biceps Curls: 10 reps

Day 4
    Chest/ Delts/ Tri's

4x Incline DB Press: 5 reps
    3x Chest Dips: 8 reps
    3x Side Lateral Raise: 8 reps

Day 1: On
    Day 2: On
    Day 4: On
    Day 6: On
    Thanks for this!!! This really helps me out!

What are "A Row"'s?

Thanks Again

italianbull will become famous soon enough. (+50) italianbull will become famous soon enough. (+50) italianbull will become famous soon enough. (+50) italianbull will become famous soon enough. (+50) italianbull will become famous soon enough. (+50) italianbull will become famous soon enough. (+50) italianbull will become famous soon enough. (+50) italianbull will become famous soon enough. (+50) italianbull will become famous soon enough. (+50) italianbull will become famous soon enough. (+50) italianbull will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    pretty good stuff
    What man fears
    Man destroys,
    Therefore man who fears fear,
    Destroys fear

Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by DeathtoToasters View Post
    Thanks for this!!! This really helps me out!

What are "A Row"'s?

Thanks Again
    Hey don't poke fun. He means a row movement.
    DR. 3time
    Wisconsin Badgers, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Bucks
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Orlando1234977 View Post
    Hey don't poke fun. He means a row movement.
    Was not poking fun... I didn't know he meant ANY row movement.

Originally Posted by DeathtoToasters View Post
    Was not poking fun... I didn't know he meant ANY row movement.
    Any horizontal pull, any rowing movement should be fine.

Originally Posted by Natural2 View Post
    Any horizontal pull, any rowing movement should be fine.
    Kewl...thanks for the great program!!

soSoFly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soSoFly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soSoFly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soSoFly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soSoFly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soSoFly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soSoFly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soSoFly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soSoFly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soSoFly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soSoFly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Whats ur opinion on doing squats and deadlifts in the same workout (heavy on both)?

Basically, this is what I'm doing:

Workout A:
    Squats
    Pullovers
    Deadlift
    Dips (alternate with Close Grip Bench Press)
    Chins
    Calf Raises

Workout B:
    Flat Bench
    Military Overhead Press
    Rows
    Pull-Ups
    Lunges or Leg Curls? (never really like leg curls)
    Calf Raises

So basically:
    M: A
    W:B
    F: A (with CGBP)

On the Friday workout I will also include bicep curls because there will be an extra day to recover and there is no room in the other workouts without making them too long.

I do 3 sets for each exercise starting at 8 reps and going down to my max for as many reps as I can squeeze out, usually 2-4.

Any tips?

uday1583 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uday1583 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uday1583 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uday1583 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uday1583 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uday1583 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uday1583 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uday1583 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uday1583 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uday1583 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uday1583 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Makes a lot of sense.. for beginners it is more important to decide why they want to strat off doing the workouts, what is the goal that they want to achieve, and start off with the most simplest workout regime and slowly scale up based on their individual strength and need..
    Check out my progress and how I went from 157lbs to 191lbs in 9 months..

http://www.bodybuilding.com

mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why hasn't this thread been sticky'd yet?

Ain't nuttin but a peanut bigredlemon's Avatar
    bigredlemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredlemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredlemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredlemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredlemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredlemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredlemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredlemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredlemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredlemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredlemon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    repped for great advice.

expect i would add: quantity more important than quality.
    it's better to get the right values than to absolutely cut out everything that isn't chicken and oats and ending up with carb/fat/protein and total cals all over the place.

Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by mdorty View Post
    Why hasn't this thread been sticky'd yet?
    It is, second one down.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=972440
    DR. 3time
    Wisconsin Badgers, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Bucks
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

J_Smith is not very well liked. (-100) J_Smith is not very well liked. (-100) J_Smith is not very well liked. (-100) J_Smith is not very well liked. (-100) J_Smith is not very well liked. (-100) J_Smith is not very well liked. (-100) J_Smith is not very well liked. (-100) J_Smith is not very well liked. (-100) J_Smith is not very well liked. (-100) J_Smith is not very well liked. (-100) J_Smith is not very well liked. (-100)

Thumbs down

You may find that this much cardio will hamper progress with the weights.

Any biceps curl variation, for triceps, i do skullcrushers (lying tricep extention) or tricep push downs, even close grip bench press. Kick backs would be a poor choice for a tricep iso.

Leg curl is one option, also, stiff legged deadlifts, romanian deadlifts, glute ham raises (GHR) and pull throughs

Do whatever ab work you want 1-3x per week (depending on your recovery)

Im doing this same workout myself and I used to chose one of the other, now however I actually superset the 2.

Il do pullups till just short of failure then go straight to dumbells rows with a moderate weight. Seems to work well for me. Its up to you how you do it.
    Evidence that any of your advise actually works? A short time ago you were over at Iron Addicts asking all kinds of newbie questions; now your an expert?
    LOL.

Veeno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Veeno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Veeno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Veeno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Veeno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Veeno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Veeno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Veeno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Veeno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Veeno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Veeno is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by J_Smith View Post
    Evidence that any of your advise actually works? A short time ago you were over at Iron Addicts asking all kinds of newbie questions; now your an expert?
    LOL.
    you're*

Now, one should never stop asking questions. Questions lead to knowledge, and knowledge is power. HIT is not the only way brah.
    Over the years, things have pulled me along. My father. My life. Sometimes in the wrong direction, often in different directions at the same time. At some point, you grow up and that's when you start doing the pulling. That's when you gotta pull and pull hard. You learn how to prioritize and manage all the damn responsibilities and obligations. Still, if you got game, if you got desire, then there's one thing that will always pull you back in, reel you back. The iron.

J_Smith is not very well liked. (-100) J_Smith is not very well liked. (-100) J_Smith is not very well liked. (-100) J_Smith is not very well liked. (-100) J_Smith is not very well liked. (-100) J_Smith is not very well liked. (-100) J_Smith is not very well liked. (-100) J_Smith is not very well liked. (-100) J_Smith is not very well liked. (-100) J_Smith is not very well liked. (-100) J_Smith is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Veeno View Post
    you're*

Now, one should never stop asking questions. Questions lead to knowledge, and knowledge is power. HIT is not the only way brah.
    My point is this idiot acts as though he owns bb.com on 24/7 patrol; posting his negative comments and know it all attitude when in fact he is just a newbie himself, this is fact.