Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Left Shoulder/Clavicle Bone Protrusion, trapezius sunk?

a couple of months ago, i started noticing my right trapezius was bigger than my left. i thought, how ironic, i'm LEFT HANDED! and much stronger with my left. i write with my left, i do everything with my left except right handed mouse. a few weeks ago, i was doing bicep curls and i felt a tear in the left shoulder where it felt like my left arm got lowered from the socket and the pain wasn't major and it was gone within 2-3 days. i'm not sure if the bone on the left side of my shoulder is sticking out higher than my right or the ligament/tendon or whatever stretched/tore too far low thus why my trapezius is lower when relaxed and flexed. i was holding 2 70 dumbbells on each hand doing shrugs when i relaxed, i felt like the tendon/ligament or whatever stretched too far down and i felt a small pain on my left shoulder. it wasn't a rip or anything, it was like a reminder that there is something wrong with my left shoulder. i don't have shoulder pains or anything but i have had a few injuries to both sides of my shoulders from falling off rollerblades to a bit more extreme, getting hit hard in the shoulder hard in football resulting in a lower back injury.

by tommorow, my trap would heal and be on its way back from recovery from lifting but still, this protrusion of bone or sink of my trap will still be there but i won't feel it unless i lift heavy. what is this? uncommon?
    i would go get an x-ray if i had health insurance but this does seem like something i would need surgery on in the long run if it's this weird looking i would think.

left trapezius is smaller or sunk. unflexed

closer up pic of left shoulder. bone protruding up or left trapezius just not holding my shoulder up?

right shoulder, normal.

than my left shoulder picture flipped horizontally to show a close comparison
    Last edited by Boxerz; 05-13-2008 at 08:32 PM.
    Never forget where you came from.

darkmoor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

the same

i have the same problem if i find some think i will tell you hoping you will do the same

JMetzger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have the same thing going on. Exactly the same. I am weak on a bench press as a result. DB shoulder press or military press is good. Flat bench is very weak on the bad side.

From what i have read the bump could be a calcium deposit. A think a calcium deposit can be associated with a couple different shoulder problems. A seperated shoulder, which i dont know exactly what that means, is one.

If you find out anything please post.

thanks

Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JMetzger View Post
    i have the same thing going on. Exactly the same. I am weak on a bench press as a result. DB shoulder press or military press is good. Flat bench is very weak on the bad side.

From what i have read the bump could be a calcium deposit. A think a calcium deposit can be associated with a couple different shoulder problems. A seperated shoulder, which i dont know exactly what that means, is one.

If you find out anything please post.

thanks
    i doubt it's a calcium depost because it is pretty sturdy, it's definately bone, guessing off the clavicle. it doesn't effect my bench, military press but it does effect my bicep curl i believe. when i dumb bell curl, i alternate each hand and my left hand is far stronger naturally but when i'm curling, my right side can continue doing more reps. i think it's partially due to trap/shoulder i guess it hurts my lifting things up, not pushing things out.

bump anyone?

In My Opinion

I think this is a kind of Acromioclavicula(AC) joint dislocation.this hapend after an injurie in shoulder.more exacly i think is a type 2 or 3.you can write in google AC joint seperation or shoulder seperation.it is best to see a doctor telling you exacly what to do.Good luck

coolsteevo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolsteevo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

A-C Joint separation.

The exact same thing happened to me. I thought it was an A-C joint separation. I went and saw a chiropractor and he said it was kind of like an A-C joint separation. An A-C joint separation is caused when the ligament is torn partially or completely. He told me that the ligament was intact and the reason my clavicle (and that is your clavicle that is protruding) was popping out was because my shoulder blade was out of position and pushing up on it. He said it's a common occurrence with people who weight lift. He told me in order to get my shoulder blade back down (and subsequently - the clavicle) that I should give my weight lifting a break and do some regular light rowing exercises (the rowing will help the muscles around the shoulder blades and get it/them back into position). He said the reason my shoulder blade rose up was because I was doing my shrugs improperly. He said I really need to watch my posture when doing that.

It's possible that, like with me, your shoulder blade is causing it. But it is also possible you sprained or tore that ligament. You should really get that checked out. Otherwise it could turn into a severe problem later on or here soon if you continue weight training with it like that. Not having medical insurance can be a pain. But see if you can pay cash or go to a county hospital to get that taken care of.

King Viscera will become famous soon enough. (+50) King Viscera will become famous soon enough. (+50) King Viscera will become famous soon enough. (+50) King Viscera will become famous soon enough. (+50) King Viscera will become famous soon enough. (+50) King Viscera will become famous soon enough. (+50) King Viscera will become famous soon enough. (+50) King Viscera will become famous soon enough. (+50) King Viscera will become famous soon enough. (+50) King Viscera will become famous soon enough. (+50) King Viscera will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by coolsteevo View Post
    The exact same thing happened to me. I thought it was an A-C joint separation. I went and saw a chiropractor and he said it was kind of like an A-C joint separation. An A-C joint separation is caused when the ligament is torn partially or completely. He told me that the ligament was intact and the reason my clavicle (and that is your clavicle that is protruding) was popping out was because my shoulder blade was out of position and pushing up on it. He said it's a common occurrence with people who weight lift. He told me in order to get my shoulder blade back down (and subsequently - the clavicle) that I should give my weight lifting a break and do some regular light rowing exercises (the rowing will help the muscles around the shoulder blades and get it/them back into position). He said the reason my shoulder blade rose up was because I was doing my shrugs improperly. He said I really need to watch my posture when doing that.

It's possible that, like with me, your shoulder blade is causing it. But it is also possible you sprained or tore that ligament. You should really get that checked out. Otherwise it could turn into a severe problem later on or here soon if you continue weight training with it like that. Not having medical insurance can be a pain. But see if you can pay cash or go to a county hospital to get that taken care of.

x2

I agree that its probably either a ac damage or imporper positioning of the scapula or maybe both.
    ***MISC Orthopedic Injury/ Recovery Advisor***
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106431901

shoulder blade out of position......

what exercises must done in order to fix the problem???

Originally Posted by darkmoor View Post
    what exercises must done in order to fix the problem???
    i think surgery is the only thing that can put the muscle back in place

AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey man if your shoulder naturally leans to one side even slightly it may mean you have scoliosis

Originally Posted by AmericanPsycho View Post
    Hey man if your shoulder naturally leans to one side even slightly it may mean you have scoliosis

i'm no doctor but i think my spine is in decent shape from not having scoliosis, thanks for the concern though

rospina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

late response

sorry about the late response, but i believe i can answer all your questions (cuz i've been through this, and my major is physical therapy).
    The bump on your clavicle may either be a separated ac ligament, which i doubt since you didn't claim to have had any trauma. so my guess, since it's common in weight lifters, is that it may be osteolysis of the distal clavicle. osteolysis is a degeneration of the bone where the joint used to be, it happens when the bone/joint is stressed way too much and it's never given any rest. the bone undergoes a constant phase of resorption, forming calcium deposits (which feel like real bone), and become bone spurs.
    As far as your trap is concerned, you may have very well torn it. I did, i had osteolysis and i kept training anyways (i train and compete in MMA), and my trap was so tense trying to keep my clavicle in place that it tore, partially.
    there's conservative treatment for both situations (pt, massage therapy, chiropractics, etc), but if that doesn't work then surgery is the next option. hope it works out for you, and i hope i wasn't too late on this post.

Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You can see the asymmetry from the rear as well. (And your spine does look nice and straight, btw.)

Does look like an AC joint separation, but it could even be a genetic asymmetry.

I think a good chiro or PT could examine it and come up with the diagnosis, but that hard to do via pics cause it's not clear cut as to what's going on.

Best,
    Dr Clay Hyght, DC, CSCS, CISSN
    www.DrClay.com

www.Labrada.com

Labrada Nutrition: "The Most Trusted Name in Sports Nutrition!"

The above is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be used as medical advice. Always consult your doctor prior to beginning any new diet, supplementation, or exercise program.

a late reply is better than no reply at all. i just got back from vacation and BANNED camp, thanks DukeUSMC.

its been a while since this injury and my shoulder is still like this but there was never really any pain besides the first 2 days or so and even than, it wasn't anything major. i'm not worried about it much but in the longterm, should i be worried that this may lead to something serious?

jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yep, it is caused by a seperation of the AC joint in the shoulder. Basically the ligament that holds the bone in place is loose and therefore the bone sticks up

soulzcore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have exactly the same problem, is there any non surgical solution to this.. Coz I think this is the cause of my weak left arm, which affects my bench press and most of the tricep workouts..

Thanks in Advance

ps: Sorry for digging up a very old thread..

Originally Posted by soulzcore View Post
    I have exactly the same problem, is there any non surgical solution to this.. Coz I think this is the cause of my weak left arm, which affects my bench press and most of the tricep workouts..

Thanks in Advance

ps: Sorry for digging up a very old thread..
    I've had plenty of private messages bringing this up. It's been over 3 years and no pain ever since the initial 3 days.

Here is something I generally say to the people who ask with the same problem, hopefully this helps.

Basically, I asked a doctor, a chiropractor, and other clinical physicians about the issue. I wondered if surgery would be a possibility. I asked each one separately what can I do, all of them replied, "Does it hurt or stop you from doing anything you normally can do?" I said "No" then they all replied, "You don't need to worry about it". It's been many many years and no pain has resulted from it. If it threw my balance off or something, then I can see an issue but my left trapezius continues to remain a bit slumped but with some extra weight training, it is being compensated where it is normally not noticeable.

I'm in the military now and it has not effected my training or anything.

garzlopz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Boxerz View Post
    I've had plenty of private messages bringing this up. It's been over 3 years and no pain ever since the initial 3 days.

Here is something I generally say to the people who ask with the same problem, hopefully this helps.

Basically, I asked a doctor, a chiropractor, and other clinical physicians about the issue. I wondered if surgery would be a possibility. I asked each one separately what can I do, all of them replied, "Does it hurt or stop you from doing anything you normally can do?" I said "No" then they all replied, "You don't need to worry about it". It's been many many years and no pain has resulted from it. If it threw my balance off or something, then I can see an issue but my left trapezius continues to remain a bit slumped but with some extra weight training, it is being compensated where it is normally not noticeable.

hi Boxerz and others, i also have the same issue, im not sure if i have to worry about it or not... because i still can do things i normally do, it's just that sometimes when i over move or stretch or suddenly use pressure on my left shoulder in a not proper position, it will hurt, before i had therapy then the pain became lesser but it came back sometime, not sure if its because i did something wrong on my movement making my left shoulder hurt again. just to clarify, it will hurt sometimes only, depends on the movement or exert effort i do. this problem has already been 1 month, done therapy and x-ray, doctor says i had inflammed, affected my ligaments and bones. just try not to pressure annd do therapy and it will healed. is it really have to take so long in doing therapy?

i also realized the bone kinda protruding, before i got this problem, i did try a bit heavy dumble press, i think that's the reason why im experiencing this. regarding the bone im not sure if its just normal protruding that i just didnt realize before i have this, or it happened just recently. (please checked attached file for the image of my left shoulder)

Hope someone will respond and can explain to me what kind of problem i have here... next week i'll try to look for other doctor as well, not sure if i'll do MRI or not, because it's kinda expensive >< Thank you very much.
    Attached Images

FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bump
    "Its not a diet, its a lifestyle I choose to live"

NKOGBMKB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Thank you so much!

Originally Posted by Boxerz View Post

I've just noticed this bump last night before showering. 2-3 days before that, I realized when giving myself a warm shoulder rub using my hands and passing over this bump that is would have a real faint "swore" feel to it. Which is weird since it sits right in-front of the protruding bump. I have video up on my channel from weight and training progress and rushed to my pc to see if the bump has been there before and yes ... it was. So my guess, according to the video i've looked, is that I've had this bump for about a month now. I never noticed it as it never bothered me or ever created pain. Now that I think I know what i is and i felt it, I am very much aware of it.

I was doing non stop research and found a great video on stretches and warmups for these types of problems and to prevent them as well. I also stumbled upon many stories where others have the same problem and never got a response from someone who has overcome and experienced it. I am SUPER glad i cam across this forum and found what you have said. You have a couple of years under your belt with the bump, but it all seems okay since you came back with updates and letting us all know that your doing absolutely fine and you are even in the military.

My one concern was that I won't be able to lift anymore, which was really killing my drive, but now that I've read your reply i am very much grateful and satisfied with it. Now I can continue to lift, but really and VERY carefully. I'll just give myself about ten minutes to warm ups my shoulder joints and muscles really well and stretch them really slow and effectively before doing any lifting.

Thanks bud

CXVII is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CXVII is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CXVII is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CXVII is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CXVII is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CXVII is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CXVII is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CXVII is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CXVII is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CXVII is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CXVII is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Bumping this. Is there anyway for that side trap to grow?
    Reps for life: PjzBoozer

"85% of people on the internet are 7-7.5 inches and the other 15% are 8+"
    - ODYSSEUSBRAH"

"The right woman can make you a millionaire...but only if you're a already a billionaire."

*I've never had a gf, you dont understand my pain, you should feel my pain crew* (Aware?)