Lifting4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Continue bulking or cut.

I’m 17 6’0 175. I’ve been lifting for 7 months with a month off in between for wisdom teeth being took out.
    I think I’m around 20-22% bf. Likely closer to 20%.
    I started ICF 5x5 a week ago. I’m unsure if I’ll be able to do this while on a deficient.
    I did take a pretty big deload do to the amount of weight added and the frequency.
    I was on a split and only added weight every week compared to every session on ICF 5x5.
    http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/jo...D=1&sort=1&o=0
    Last edited by Lifting4; 10-12-2017 at 10:53 AM.

Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Lifting4 View Post
    I’m 17 6’0 175. I’ve been lifting for 7 months with a month off in between for wisdom teeth being took out.
    I think I’m around 20-22% bf. Likely closer to 20%.
    I started ICF 5x5 a week ago. I’m unsure if I’ll be able to do this while on a deficient.
    I did take a pretty big deload do to the amount of weight added and the frequency.
    I was on a split and only added weight every week compared to every session on ICF 5x5.
    Send us pics.
    FIERCE 5
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout (Thanks Kimm4)
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167871451
    https://legionathletics.com/body-recomposition/

Originally Posted by Watsonm5 View Post
    Send us pics.
    I did
    http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/jo...D=1&sort=1&o=0

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I'm not going to tell a 17-year-old to cut. Eat at maintenance and go at it like a beast on the weights.

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    I'm not going to tell a 17-year-old to cut. Eat at maintenance and go at it like a beast on the weights.
    What do I do then when I’m 23-24% bf In 4 months. Sure I’ll have muscle under it but a cut at that point would be necessary.

TPfirstbase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TPfirstbase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TPfirstbase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TPfirstbase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TPfirstbase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TPfirstbase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TPfirstbase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TPfirstbase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TPfirstbase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TPfirstbase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TPfirstbase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What do I do then when I’m 23-24% bf In 4 months. Sure I’ll have muscle under it but a cut at that point would be necessary.
    TBH i think you need to cut....

But do it slowly!!
    Just start with a 200-500 calorie decrease and see how your weight has changed in a month, your BF% is a little high. and after the cut you will have more favorable nutrition partitioning so you will be able to add muscle more easily.

(Advice coming from a 15 year old bodybuilder with a coach* take with a grain of salt*)

Originally Posted by TPfirstbase View Post
    TBH i think you need to cut....

But do it slowly!!
    Just start with a 200-500 calorie decrease and see how your weight has changed in a month, your BF% is a little high. and after the cut you will have more favorable nutrition partitioning so you will be able to add muscle more easily.

(Advice coming from a 15 year old bodybuilder with a coach* take with a grain of salt*)
    Calories defiencent for a month?
    I’m currently on ICF 5x5. I add weight eatch session. I did take a 20-30lb deload on my compound lifts so I wouldn’t stall.
    Can I continue this or get on the cutting version of ICF?

Bump

gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Calories defiencent for a month?
    I’m currently on ICF 5x5. I add weight eatch session. I did take a 20-30lb deload on my compound lifts so I wouldn’t stall.
    Can I continue this or get on the cutting version of ICF?
    another vote for losing weight. and no he means just check and see how much your weight has changed IN a month, NOT cut FOR a month. you can continue any program while on a calorie deficite, however i personally prefer going with more reps when im losing weight, i generally am below 6 reps on every set except for isolation work, so ill bump it up to 8-10 reps with a few heavier sets in there still to try to maintain my size/strength so my body knows i still need the muscle
    best lifts at 180lb bodyweight
    best= 370 squat goal= 405
    best= 260 bench goal= 315
    best= 445 deadlift goal= 505

Originally Posted by gokitty199 View Post
    another vote for losing weight. and no he means just check and see how much your weight has changed IN a month, NOT cut FOR a month. you can continue any program while on a calorie deficite, however i personally prefer going with more reps when im losing weight, i generally am below 6 reps on every set except for isolation work, so ill bump it up to 8-10 reps with a few heavier sets in there still to try to maintain my size/strength so my body knows i still need the muscle
    How long should I do the cut?
    ICF 5x5 the coumpounds are all 5 reps set and isolation is 8 reps.
    Only problem I’m seeing is the weight added every session. Idk if I’ll be able to this while on a deficient.
    The cutting version is 3x5 instead of 5x5 for compounds and 2x8 for isolation and you add weight every other session instead of every session.

Still unsure what I should do. I went to the doctor yesterday said I was around 22% body fat maybe a little less.
    Should I cut at 500 cal deficient on ICF 5x5 cutting version?

pringleeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pringleeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Definetly lose the BF. Like I've stated before, nothing worse than building all that muscle... then not even be able to see it.

By the way, at first I thought you meant if you should stop lifting or not becuase you were getting to big. I seen the picture and was like... da he!!? Oh, I see. =D

WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree on advice here but this is what I would do

Calorie maintenance and meet macronutrients

Exercise hard af with compound movements based around the big 3 (squat, bench, dead)

It'll work out OP, we all gone make it

Build a foundation of exercise first then worry about that other sh** later. Your body will change, trust

Give your body a reason to change, force it, don't be a pussy

Your metabolism will adjust as you exercise
    ✖️ Personal Trainer
    ✖️ Powerlifter
    ✖️ Group Exercise Instructor
    ✖️ Aqua Trainer
    ✖️ Level 1 Anti-Doping ASADA
    ✖️ First Aid & CPR
    📷 Instagram: @_zacgrantfit

Originally Posted by WarriorCond View Post
    I agree on advice here but this is what I would do

Calorie maintenance and meet macronutrients

Exercise hard af with compound movements based around the big 3 (squat, bench, dead)

It'll work out OP, we all gone make it

Build a foundation of exercise first then worry about that other sh** later. Your body will change, trust

Give your body a reason to change, force it, don't be a pussy

Your metabolism will adjust as you exercise
    I’ve been lifting for 6 months. The picture is old but my body fat is close to the same there.
    Not sure if you call these number a foundation but I’m benching 155 5x5 and Squating 175 5x5. I’ve been going pretty hard to begin with but I’ve gained more fat then i ment 2. Went from 160lbs to 175lbs. Only problem being is if I continue bulking I’d have to cut a **** tone of weight.

WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I’ve been lifting for 6 months. The picture is old but my body fat is close to the same there.
    Not sure if you call these number a foundation but I’m benching 155 5x5 and Squating 175 5x5. I’ve been going pretty hard to begin with but I’ve gained more fat then i ment 2. Went from 160lbs to 175lbs. Only problem being is if I continue bulking I’d have to cut a **** tone of weight.
    Hence why I've stated to go into a calorie maintenance, your energy won't go up or down

By foundation I mean get strong as **** and build volume your body can withstand

Remember that you're 17, you're not fully mature physically. Wait till you hit your 20's, that's when sh** get's real

If you're exercising hard than your body will change anyway

Take this from someone who was consuming 2750cal and is now consuming 3585cal, my body weight has increased only by 5.5lbs in the past 2 months

Wouldn't say your big 3 lifts are bad but you need to find your calorie maintenance and approach it that way

I've gained
    Bench: 22.5kg this year
    Squat: 30kg this year
    Deadlft: 45kg this year

Nutrition is everything. If maintenance doesn't work for let's say a month than go into a deficit and slowly decrease your calories over time
    ✖️ Personal Trainer
    ✖️ Powerlifter
    ✖️ Group Exercise Instructor
    ✖️ Aqua Trainer
    ✖️ Level 1 Anti-Doping ASADA
    ✖️ First Aid & CPR
    📷 Instagram: @_zacgrantfit