Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Registered User jonathanvictory's Avatar
    jonathanvictory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    finished kenpo x yesterday afternoon. im still sloppy with the combos. haha, i'll learn. overall i gotta good cardio out of it. after kenpo had skinless bonelss chicken breast, brown rice, and steamed veggies.

i just finished my 5 mile run this morning. im feeling really good. feeling strong and healthy. im no longer using a scale to judge the way i feel, haha.

well, im off to a friends BBQ. no beer for me =(

have a great weekend everyone! peace!

audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jonathanvictory View Post
    Tell my about it. I have the right to enjoy one Guinness a week on my off-day (Sunday), but since I'm on some medication that affects the liver, I cannot drink any beer for like 6 months.

.::. .::. .::. .::. .::. .::. .::. .::. .::.
    nothing worth achieving comes easy .::.

Originally Posted by audioescape View Post
    Tell my about it. I have the right to enjoy one Guinness a week on my off-day (Sunday), but since I'm on some medication that affects the liver, I cannot drink any beer for like 6 months.

wow, 6 months? ouch!

i did make it through the 3-day weekend without alcohol and fatty foods...whew!

it was difficult to get in the mood to workout sunday knowing it was a holiday, but i got my butt out of bed and got crackin.

plyo yesterday was fun and sucked at the same time because i was trying to recover the long weekend of little sleep, haha.

ok, time to get back to work before the boss sees me surfin the web again, haha. peace!

deweydw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deweydw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deweydw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deweydw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deweydw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deweydw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deweydw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deweydw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deweydw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deweydw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deweydw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This thread has been a good read. Nice to see ya'll are really getting into P90X. I just finished week 9. STINGEXY, that's pretty good knocking out 40 mason twists. Most I've done so far is 35, before I fall out.

If you haven't done Core Synergistics yet. Watch it first. You thought plyo was tough? hehehehehe.... Wait until you do core. I'm still having difficulty doing the Dreya roll. As well as the Chataranga run.

Overall, this has been a great work out series. I have never sweated in the gym as much as I have sweated doing P90X. I'm dripping with sweat after every work out. Except for Yoga and stretching.

"Do your best and forget the rest."

STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I HAVE BEEN DELIQUENT in coming on this forum because i had a weekend in miami this weekend just got back today didn't miss a work out though of P90X. I took my dvd's and my bands yeah i Have the bands with me and yesterday was Plyometrics and it killed me man. i am back home now so back to the pull up bars and my bowflex select tech dumbells.

John you must though i have gave up nope I was too busy partying in miami to write....lol

kelnelmelfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kelnelmelfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kelnelmelfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kelnelmelfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kelnelmelfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kelnelmelfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kelnelmelfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kelnelmelfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kelnelmelfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just ordered P90X today. Looking forward to giving it a shot. My plan is to do these workouts in the mornings before work. Working out in the mornings before work gives me a lot more energy throughout the day. On this program, do you ever have any desire/need to go to the gym and still lift weights or are the programs plenty? I plan on taking this extremely serious and want to do the whole before and after pics and see what its all about! Have any of you guys returned it for your money back or heard anyone who has? Personally, i dont see how this program can NOT work...only way possible is because of lack of participation. We will see tho. We will see. Looking forward to it.

SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just wanted to say hi! I'm on day 5 today. I'm really ADD when it comes to sticking with a work out, so I hope I can stick with this one. I always think something bigger and better is around the corner. It NEVER is, and I end up sitting on my couch reading fitness magazines and just running occasionally. I started getting off my butt and doing a lot of running lately, just about every day for 2.5-3 miles around my house.

Are you guys actually using HR monitors? I've been using mine every workout. Cardio X doesn't do ANYTHING for me.. I am considering just doing a longer on those days instead.

fargnr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, I'm on day 12 and used the HR monitor for a couple workouts, but haven't after. Plyo gets me up in a good working range (around 145), but I only hit 125 tops with Kenpo. So, it still does the job, but not a great cardio workout. I trained for a marathon just prior to starting P90X, so that must have something to do with it.

I also have exercise ADD...switching programs every three weeks or so, but try to keep up with general fitness. I really like P90X to this point and have no signs of boredom, so I should make it through. This is also the first time I've really hit the diet hard, so it should yield great results. Its not really the workout, diet is 80% of the game.

The ab program is really kicking my ass though

SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by fargnr View Post
    Hey, I'm on day 12 and used the HR monitor for a couple workouts, but haven't after. Plyo gets me up in a good working range (around 145), but I only hit 125 tops with Kenpo. So, it still does the job, but not a great cardio workout. I trained for a marathon just prior to starting P90X, so that must have something to do with it.

I also have exercise ADD...switching programs every three weeks or so, but try to keep up with general fitness. I really like P90X to this point and have no signs of boredom, so I should make it through. This is also the first time I've really hit the diet hard, so it should yield great results. Its not really the workout, diet is 80% of the game.

The ab program is really kicking my ass though
    Oh how funny! We're similar, yet going in opposite directions. I'm trying to train up to a marathon, and you just finished.

The ab workout just officially handed me my butt. Rough. I felt significantly weak in my back. Doh. Didn't realize I had neglected it so much.

awesome! 3 new p90x members. im on day 24. loving the program so far. yesterday was core...and man, oh man was it tough. i took an additional 3 breaks during the whole thing. well, i hope yall enjoy it as mush as i am.

dee, where ya been, bro?!? haha, dont give up on me! peace!

I'm enjoying the workout, but man, is he annoying. My fav part is fast forwarding and making him sound like a chipmunk saying 'gooooorgeous! I love it! P90X baby!!'

And I hate chin ups. I can't do them without a chair yet, and it just feels like I am straining in all the wrong places. They did a pretty crappy job of showing how to use bar and chair first off in the Legs and Back video. There has to be another video where he demos it, but I bet I havn't gotten to it yet.

Originally Posted by SupermotoChick View Post
    I'm enjoying the workout, but man, is he annoying. My fav part is fast forwarding and making him sound like a chipmunk saying 'gooooorgeous! I love it! P90X baby!!'

And I hate chin ups. I can't do them without a chair yet, and it just feels like I am straining in all the wrong places. They did a pretty crappy job of showing how to use bar and chair first off in the Legs and Back video. There has to be another video where he demos it, but I bet I havn't gotten to it yet.
    haha, my favorite worst quote is, "diamonds of gold..."
    WTH does that mean? haha!

dont worry about starting with the chair. youll eventually move away from it on the first or second round. i always need the chair for the second round.

none of the videos really show exactly how to do an assisted chin up. all i know is that you want to concentrate on your form. dont try and bang out 10. if you can do 5 in good form and it burns...then itll work better for you.

i cant wait for the next rest day. i just wanna be lazy and not worry about 1 chin up or push up. haha!

what are you on today for the program?

Ahahaha diamonds of gold! I'm about to do Kenpo. I'm still early in, so this is my first time doing it. I am not very coordinated, so I won't be too harsh on it. I know it takes a couple weeks to get the moves down.

kelnelmelfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kelnelmelfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kelnelmelfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kelnelmelfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kelnelmelfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kelnelmelfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kelnelmelfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kelnelmelfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kelnelmelfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does anyone have desire to go to the gym during this or hell no? just wondering if more lifting is not good or impossible for that matter?

P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kelnelmelfel View Post
    Does anyone have desire to go to the gym during this or hell no? just wondering if more lifting is not good or impossible for that matter?
    Home Gym man.. you can get an athletic body by lifting your own body weight and by being extra strict on your diet. To lean down its 80% diet and 20% workouts. I have had 95%+ of my meals be clean over a full 5 month period and I have stripped away 20lbs from my frame which is small by genetics. Pushups and pullups.. you want that lifeguard body.. thats all you gotta do...

I only have a few pounds to shed still all in the toughest area on a guy, the mid section to let those abs come through. The abs are there, I can feel them, but now I have to get more lean to let them come out to play! Looks like a bunch of tuna and chicken for the next few months.

I was pleasantly surprised by kenpo.. I was totally uncoordinated and pretty funny looking, but I enjoyed it. It got my HR up more than their cardio. Good stuff!

deweydw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deweydw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deweydw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deweydw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deweydw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deweydw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deweydw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deweydw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deweydw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deweydw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deweydw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I will begin week 11 tomorrow. I wear the hr monitor as well. It will calculate calories burned. during plyo I can average about 165-170 hr. About the same with core. With kenpo it's a bit lower, around 140. Calories burned during plyo, about 1,000. Same with core. Kenpo burns about 700-800.

I'm still doing assisted pull ups. However, I will get maybe 3 or 4 in before I put my foot down. Working to increase that number. Since starting, I'm down about 5 lbs and 2 pant sizes. I need to tweek my diet some. All in all, it's been a fun ride. Oh, I still can't knock out a full set of mason twists. Fall out around 30. Doing better on the v-up roll up.

P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by deweydw View Post
    I will begin week 11 tomorrow. I wear the hr monitor as well. It will calculate calories burned. during plyo I can average about 165-170 hr. About the same with core. With kenpo it's a bit lower, around 140. Calories burned during plyo, about 1,000. Same with core. Kenpo burns about 700-800.

I'm still doing assisted pull ups. However, I will get maybe 3 or 4 in before I put my foot down. Working to increase that number. Since starting, I'm down about 5 lbs and 2 pant sizes. I need to tweek my diet some. All in all, it's been a fun ride. Oh, I still can't knock out a full set of mason twists. Fall out around 30. Doing better on the v-up roll up.

Keep working man! Look at tightening up your diet if you want to continue to strip off more weight. I found the P90X diet plan was awesome in shedding off my sludge. Im down 20lbs, 5pant sizes and 12% gone from my starting weight. The diet plan was easy to follow and truely works.

Good stats on the Calorie burning... Core and Plyo are killers.

I'm still yet to do plyo.. I'm skeered! Haha.

Today was my rest day. Sweet, sweet rest day. How I love thee.

I'm still yet to do plyo.. I'm skeered! Haha.

Today was my rest day. Sweet, sweet rest day. How I love thee.
    I have Plyo tonight... looking forward to it!

Originally Posted by P90Xer View Post
    I have Plyo tonight... looking forward to it!
    Such a badass.

finished kenpo x yesterday afternoon. im still sloppy with the combos. haha, i'll learn. overall i gotta good cardio out of it. after kenpo had skinless bonelss chicken breast, brown rice, and steamed veggies.

i just finished my 5 mile run this morning. im feeling really good. feeling strong and healthy. im no longer using a scale to judge the way i feel, haha.

have a great weekend everyone! peace!
    Just wanted to say, I know how you feel about the scale. I FEEL super thin and fit right now, but the scale hasn't budged. I felt amazing yesterday, and literally flipped off the scale as I walked into the bathroom this morning. Heheh.

That and those stupid pot stirrers!

I also have plyo tonight and am looking forward to it, which will be round 3 for me. I was much more coordinated in kenpo and plyo during week 2, so I hope the improvement continues. Its frustrating and hard to work up a sweat when one is constantly screwing up the form!

Chest & Back kicked my ass yesterday. I actually decreased reps in a few exercises compared to week two. Not the end of the world though since progression is never perfectly linear.

Can anyone do all 25 reps for the Fifer Scissors or whatever they are called?? Man, that is straight torture.

Such a badass.
    I wish... I just like to sweat I guess.

Just wanted to say, I know how you feel about the scale. I FEEL super thin and fit right now, but the scale hasn't budged. I felt amazing yesterday, and literally flipped off the scale as I walked into the bathroom this morning. Heheh.
    haha, i just put my scale in the closet. i just use a mirror to see the results. i know something is working because i feel and look better.

Originally Posted by fargnr View Post
    Can anyone do all 25 reps for the Fifer Scissors or whatever they are called?? Man, that is straight torture.
    nope! and if anyone here can...PROPS! i do 10, rest for 10 seconds, and cry through the last 15. im really trying to get through the mason twist. so far i can get to 32 before i have to curl up in a ball and yell really loud. haha!

haha, i just put my scale in the closet. i just use a mirror to see the results. i know something is working because i feel and look better.

nope! and if anyone here can...PROPS! i do 10, rest for 10 seconds, and cry through the last 15. im really trying to get through the mason twist. so far i can get to 32 before i have to curl up in a ball and yell really loud. haha!
    After you do Ab Ripper for a while you can almost do all 25 of everything if you build up your core. I can get to low 20s on the scissors before I'm gasping for air. I can do all of the mason twists and I probably could keep going if they did for another 5-10. I can only do 1 or 2 of the reverse bicycles though... it's weird everyone has different strengths/weaknesses.

Bicycles are tough. I can get through them ok. Just glad they're at the beginning. Still falling out on mason twists around 25-30. Jump back in for another ten. I hate the scissors. I can get through all 25. But my form sucks. Don't get me wrong. I'm struggling, knee bent, leg shaking, head tilted back to gain leverage. Some days I can't get through them with out grabbing a leg. I realized last night I've been doing the wide leg sit ups wrong all this time. I haven't been reaching up, instead just sitting up. I am proud to say that I did 24 of the v-up roll ups last night. Getting my lower back off the floor on th v-up. I also can't do the obliques very well either. At least not like the guy touching elbow to leg. Mostly raising my legs. I do feel the burn. Probably not as much as I should. Crunchy frogs are fun. Well not that fun. I just hate it when Tony takes the break. Makes me want to do the same. But I force myself through it. But the results are showing.

Few more things about the mason twists. I can't keep my feet together. I am unable to hit the floor with my knuckles. Touching with my finger tips. Yes, my hands are clasped together. Tried to keep my feet together and fell out.
    Last edited by deweydw; 06-06-2008 at 10:47 AM.

Jack-Royal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Fellas.
    Thought I would add to the thread. I just graduated HS and am now getting ready for p90x since it's summer. I am afraid since im terribly overwieght that i will struggle to the extremes when it comes to this workout, but seeing everyone's amazing results, it gives me more motivation to give it a try.

Originally Posted by Jack-Royal View Post
    Hey Fellas.
    Thought I would add to the thread. I just graduated HS and am now getting ready for p90x since it's summer. I am afraid since im terribly overwieght that i will struggle to the extremes when it comes to this workout, but seeing everyone's amazing results, it gives me more motivation to give it a try.
    Good luck. I was overweight and I got through it. Just dont give up after the first few weeks, it will get easier as time moves on. I used to HATE pull ups when i started this program. I kept saying over and over that I will never do them after P90X. Well, my tune has changed dramatically. Two exercises I will continue to always do is pullups and pushups. You get an awesome workout from utilizing your own weight.

Yeah, my form is awful with the scissors as well. I think a lot has to do with flexibility, which is severly lacking in my case! Can't touch my toes, etc., so that exercise and most of the yoga moves really knock me for a loop. That's why this program is good though -- very well rounded. Sure, you won't get jacked doing it, but it helps your body in several ways.