Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10)

p90x 90 day transformation

Hey bodybuilding.com folks I am a little late with starting this blog, I started P90X yesterday with chest and back.

Just to give you a little history about how committed I am, in order to do chest and back exercises you have to have a pull up machine to effectively build a nice back. I went to DICK's sporting goods and I bought a POWER MAX machine I think that is what it is called on 10 May 2008, I put it together by myself even though the friggin thing said it takes two people to put up, I was like nope I can do this myself...lol.

I followed the directions very carefully had a little bump while doing it, I put the A frame on backwards and I found this out after the final step of hooking up the back support so you can do leg lifts on it. I had to take half of it down and change the A frame and then put it back together. I finished up the detail on the machine and now I have a nice pull up, leg lift machine in my living room.

The next day, 11 May 2008 I started P90X. I put up my 90 day calendar got out my book to record my reps and started it. I am not very good at pull ups but I know as I stick with this program I will do better. Its kind of funny becasue I am a Hospital Corpsman in the United States Navy with the United States Marines and they have pull ups in their Physical Fitness Test. My goal is to meet or exceed the marine corps 300 PFT of doing 20 pull ups in 2 mins. Not too hard right well we will see.

Needless to say chest and back kicked my but, between doing 12 sets of exercises twice for a total of 45 minutes and then ab ripper. I was through....

Today 12 May 2008

Plyometrics just to give you a history before I started P90X i did plyometrics once and it is a butt kicker. It is a bunch of squats and jumps. This is an intense exercise and by the time I got to the 48 minute mark Tony Horton does some simple moves with the Football jumps and other stuff and that proved difficult for me after giving my 150% during the workout. I do find myself screaming and motivating myself through the work out just to keep up the mommentum.

I am taking GM, AND WB as my preworkout formula and PW POST WORKOUT. I am going to changed PW intra workout so I can continue through the workouts and not get worned out.

I am going to be buying some bow flex Select Tech dumbells this thursday so I can get the maximum from the arms and back exercises.

Look out for my future posts.

fellow P90X'er

P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Welcome to P90X. The first few weeks will be the toughest, but it's all down hill from there! I'm on Day 13 Right now of my second round of P90X. When I started I could only do 1 un-assisted pullup, now I can bang them out like nothing for the entire 60mins. Just follow the workouts and diet plan and you will get results.

Do not take breaks or day off... if you start to slide, missing workouts... start over again. It's a 90day commitment... it's like each of the exercises they are only 30-60 seconds long. You can do anything for 30 seconds or 60 seconds. You add all those up and it's 90 days!

STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10) STINGEXY is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by P90Xer View Post
    Welcome to P90X. The first few weeks will be the toughest, but it's all down hill from there! I'm on Day 13 Right now of my second round of P90X. When I started I could only do 1 un-assisted pullup, now I can bang them out like nothing for the entire 60mins. Just follow the workouts and diet plan and you will get results.

Do not take breaks or day off... if you start to slide, missing workouts... start over again. It's a 90day commitment... it's like each of the exercises they are only 30-60 seconds long. You can do anything for 30 seconds or 60 seconds. You add all those up and it's 90 days!
    Thanks man, I am on day 5 of P90X, yesterday I did yoga for the first time and for the most seemingly easiest of all the workouts i thought it was, it truly wasn't. I caught myself giving up after 30 mins of the yoga because in my mind I said what the heck am I doing this for, I am not building muscle. But I had done some reading around and watched peoples success stories man, and I said if Yoga is part of the program I need to finish it. I turned off the tv literally about to give up when I felt guilty and said f**k it I need to finish it. I did and I felt very accomplished.

I am preety good on my diet, I just need to intake two more meals to meet the six meal a day plan, I think I am going to buy some protein bars for that.

I have done the ab ripper twice this week, I have done more abs this week than I have done in the past 90 days at the gym...lol...so I know i am going to get some results man.

I have a 35 inch waist right now so hopefully I can get down to a 33??? is that too much to ask for. Anyways enough fo the dreams tomorrow is back and legs, also I am buying me a bowflex select tech dumbell set today so I can maximimize my results.

I have used the pull up machine and right now i am at 4 unassisted pull ups...Lets see how many I can do.

Thanks for the encouragement man and as I have been hearing people say...KEEP PRESSING PLAY!

Registered User jonathanvictory's Avatar
    jonathanvictory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sup stingexy! i actually started P90X the same day as you. day 5 for me as well. good luck with the program. im gonna sub to this thread. later, dude!

Originally Posted by jonathanvictory View Post
    sup stingexy! i actually started P90X the same day as you. day 5 for me as well. good luck with the program. im gonna sub to this thread. later, dude!
    great dude so how are you liking it so far, today was legs and back for both of us, i can honestly say pullups are still killing me by the second round of pull ups with the reverse grip pull ups man I was through. I was dying to do 3 pull ups but I am sweating like crazy, I was dripping in sweat during this workout and the leg squats are amazingly difficult. I feel like I am hazing myself which I really am.....lol.

I also did the ab ripper x, I finally got to 36 sets of the side twists or whatever you called that exercise. I still find myself struggling through ab ripper x man, its tough.

I ordered by Bowflex Select Tech dumbells today so hopefully they are here before the end of next week, if not just another week of bands.

I am happy, I am eating healthy and so far P90X is proving to be challenging to me and I like that.

Lates.

Originally Posted by STINGEXY View Post
    great dude so how are you liking it so far, today was legs and back for both of us, i can honestly say pullups are still killing me by the second round of pull ups with the reverse grip pull ups man I was through. I was dying to do 3 pull ups but I am sweating like crazy, I was dripping in sweat during this workout and the leg squats are amazingly difficult. I feel like I am hazing myself which I really am.....lol.

I also did the ab ripper x, I finally got to 36 sets of the side twists or whatever you called that exercise. I still find myself struggling through ab ripper x man, its tough.
    im lovin the program so far. fun and intense at the same time. i was strugglin on round 2 for the switch grip pull ups. im tryin my best to do as many reps unassisted, but by the second half of round 2...its needed. haha! i think a towel should be listed as a "needed" in the dvd first, haha! yo, those wall squats are no joke. i was breathin real hard half way through.

yea, did the ab ripper x about 10 minutes after legs and back. i still cant keep up with those guys. i gotta pause the dvd, breathe, then continue. 36 in a row for the mason twist? thats good stuff! i have to take a 5 second breather after 20, then i try to bang out the last 20.

looks like kenpo tomorrow...cant wait! ive never done/tried kenpo. we'll see how that goes. and btw...i give yoga respect now. it aint easy! haha! keep up with the journal! peace!

Dave0928 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dave0928 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dave0928 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dave0928 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dave0928 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dave0928 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I ordered by Bowflex Select Tech dumbells today so hopefully they are here before the end of next week, if not just another week of bands.
    Excellent, I got those two weeks ago myself...perfect for P90X...works alot better than trying to grip two hex dumbells at once..lol

Originally Posted by Dave0928 View Post
    Excellent, I got those two weeks ago myself...perfect for P90X...works alot better than trying to grip two hex dumbells at once..lol
    Awesome man trying to maximize my results with p90x

DAY 6 IS OVER TOMORROW IS REST,

FOR A FIRST TIME DOING KENPO X IT WAS COOL, I WISH IT WAS A LITTLE LONGER, I AM A LOVER OF CARDIO AND I HAVE DECIDED TO DO P90X LEAN WHERE CARDIO IS DONE IN THE AM AND THEN THE REGULAR WORK OUT IS DONE IN THE EVENING BEGINNING IN PHASE TWO. SO LETS SEE HOW IT IS.

WEEK ONE IS OVER RIGHT????

HOW DID YOU ENJOY KENPO. I THINK ONCE I AM DONE WITH P90X I am going to get some kick boxing dvd's i think its something i may want to pursue further...lol

Well enjoy your rest tomorrow as I will man. What do you plan to do on your day off?

Can I officially say we are in this p90x together?

Later bruh

Day 8 Of P90x

Chest And Back With Ab Ripper

I Am Using The Workout Journal That Was Included In The P90x Box The Page Is Being Smuged With Sweat From Me Writing Down How Many Sets I Am Going To Do.

I Honestly Did Not Want To Do P90x Today, I Was Feeling Lazy But I Felt Guilty About Not Doing It, So I Took My Preworkout Formual Gm, Wb And My Animal Stak Pills And Started At It. I Am Not Going To Tell Any Thing About Reps Or Nothing Since This Is The Second Week And I Did Have A Day Off Yesterday Which I Really Did Enjoy.

The Workout Journal Is Proving Preety Helpful And So I Am Going To Stick With It.

Tomorrow Is Plyometrics I Love It, It Gets Me Burning And Sweating.

Lets Talk About Ab Ripper X, I Made It Through 40 Mason Twists And I Didn't Go For The Bonus I Am Taking It A Step At A Time. I Am Concentrating More On Proper Form Than Just Rushing Through The Exercises, So I Do Take Breaks Between Exercises But I Am Completing The Reps.

My First Before And After Pics Will Occur On Day 30, 22 Days From Now So Stay Tuned. Talk To You Peeps Later.

OH I HAVE ONE THING TO ADD TO THIS FORUM,

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE THE P90X DVD, YOU BOUGHT IT FOR A REASON SO YOU CAN TRANSFORM YOUR BODY. I BEG YOU, PLEASE GET ALL THOSE MENTAL INHIBITIONS OUT OF YOUR MIND PUT THE DVD INTO THE DVD PLAYER, PRESS PLAY AND START USING IT.

THE CHANGE IN YOUR BODY ONLY RELIES UPON YOUR WILL, AND IF YOU HAVE NO WILL TO CHANGE YOU ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE.

I KNOW ITS HARD, ITS HARD FOR ME, BUT I KNOW THAT AS I CONTINUE TO DO THIS P90X, MY BODY IS GETTING STRONGER, MY HEALTH IS IMPROVING AND MY SELF ESTEEM AND MOTIVATION IS THROUGH THE ROOF.

IF YOU DO NOT SET REALISTIC GOALS THEN YES YOU WILL BECOME DEMOTIVATED AND NOT CONTINUE PURSUING A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE, I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR A YEAR AND SOME MONTHS AND I HAVEN'T GOTTEN TIRED OF IT YET. I DON'T THINK I CAN EVER GET TIRED OF IT.

I STAY FOCUSED, I STAY DISCIPLINED, and I STAY MOTIVATED.

STRONG MIND, STRONG BODY, STRONG FUTURE.

WEEK ONE IS OVER RIGHT????

HOW DID YOU ENJOY KENPO. I THINK ONCE I AM DONE WITH P90X I am going to get some kick boxing dvd's i think its something i may want to pursue further...lol

Well enjoy your rest tomorrow as I will man. What do you plan to do on your day off?

Can I officially say we are in this p90x together?

Later bruh
    haha, yes...week one is over...and i enjoyed everyday of it.

kenpo was fun, but at the same time i felt uncoordinated. i had to keep pausing to make sure i was doing the right punches/kicks in order.

for my off day i ran 5 miles, hehe. i got this mentality now that if i dont workout in some form i feel useless for the day.

i know what you mean for the ab ripper x. i pause through it a lot. i take my time and concentrate on form without long breaks between reps.

hell yea were in the p90x program together. im damn committed. haha!

what time of the day do you do p90x? i do mine late afternoons around 4-5pm. im about 3 hours behind you in San Diego so its like 7-8pm where youre at.

im excited for plyo today...im like you...i enjoy cardio!

oh yea, my name is Jonathan, or Jon...haha. take it easy!

haha, yes...week one is over...and i enjoyed everyday of it.

kenpo was fun, but at the same time i felt uncoordinated. i had to keep pausing to make sure i was doing the right punches/kicks in order.

for my off day i ran 5 miles, hehe. i got this mentality now that if i dont workout in some form i feel useless for the day.

i know what you mean for the ab ripper x. i pause through it a lot. i take my time and concentrate on form without long breaks between reps.

hell yea were in the p90x program together. im damn committed. haha!

what time of the day do you do p90x? i do mine late afternoons around 4-5pm. im about 3 hours behind you in San Diego so its like 7-8pm where youre at.

im excited for plyo today...im like you...i enjoy cardio!

oh yea, my name is Jonathan, or Jon...haha. take it easy!
    MAN YOU SHOULD HAVE HEARD ME LIKE A RETARD DOING KENPO,

I was like block, uppercut, round punch kick, for each rep, just to make sure I was doing it right, and even though I do it with the verbal cues I found myself still jacking up the moves I feel you, but kenpo is FUN!

I think once my p90x time is over I may look into getting into it more with kenpo and more exercises like plyometrics that we are doing today. Yeah man I do mine at about 8pm man.

so we probably do the p90x at the same time....lol

Kudos to running five miles I sat around the house and enjoyed the day off maybe I can do that this saturday. be easy man.

DAY 9 WOOHOOO ONLY 90% MORE TO GO...LOL

PLYOMETRICS

I can definitely say it was a difficult routine that had my HR 183 bpm peak I was dripping in sweat from my head to my feet, this is a beastly work out, I wish I can learn all the transitions and everything so I can teach this to others one day. I found myself struggling the last 15 minutes of this workout, I need to take my recovery drink while doing this so I can continue to have my endurance.

Hey Johnathan I am Demetrius man.

Does anyone know how many calories are burned doing plyometrics i would say about 800 calories is this overstated?

sup, bro!

you know what...im starting to really like plyo! i can go through the whole thing without pausing or stopping. i guess im a fan of cardio, haha.

kenpo would be fun to continue after. i think im just gonna continue doing plyo workouts. i was talking to my cousins (theyre also doing the program with me) and we agreed to do p90x lean and double the plyo after we finish the regular p90x.

haha, so i guess we are doing p90x at the same time with the same 90 day deadline. im sure you and i will be blowin up this thread for the next 80 days, haha. summer is on its way and im in San Diego. The beaches are callin me! so, no way am i stopping.

hmmm, as far as the number of calories burned doing plyo for an hour at the intensity we are doing...i wanna say 600+. thats without modifying down any of the routines. just a guess, but sounds reasonable. 600+ for me yesterday for sure...it was 81 degrees in San Diego even at 5pm. sheesh! it felt like i came out of a swimming pool. haha!

this weekend on our off day i wanna buy or get my bodyfat measured. thats one thing i have no idea where im at. haha.

anyways, have a fun day and keep pushing play...haha! peace!

P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P90Xer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds like you guys are finding a groove in P90X!

I'm on day 21 today, last day of week 3. Then the rest week starts. I have been substituting Cardio X for the Yoga Workouts. Through the first round of P90X I performed the Yoga routines... I find I burn a bunch more calories through Carido X thus I decided to swap it out in place of Yoga.

Finally in another 8 days I can consume more carbs! This carb rationing is brutal on my system. It works, dont get me wrong, but I want more complex carbs for energy. The veggie carbs do not give me the same boost as the complex carbs do.

Originally Posted by P90Xer View Post
    Sounds like you guys are finding a groove in P90X!

I'm on day 21 today, last day of week 3. Then the rest week starts. I have been substituting Cardio X for the Yoga Workouts. Through the first round of P90X I performed the Yoga routines... I find I burn a bunch more calories through Carido X thus I decided to swap it out in place of Yoga.

Finally in another 8 days I can consume more carbs! This carb rationing is brutal on my system. It works, dont get me wrong, but I want more complex carbs for energy. The veggie carbs do not give me the same boost as the complex carbs do.
    Dude that is whats up, I think when we get to day 21 we will be on core synergetics and yoga, would you suggest to replace yoga with cardio x?

Also I do not know how to work the p90x diet crap can you break it down for me, so maybe I can consider it to increase my results...lol

Dude that is whats up, I think when we get to day 21 we will be on core synergetics and yoga, would you suggest to replace yoga with cardio x?

Also I do not know how to work the p90x diet crap can you break it down for me, so maybe I can consider it to increase my results...lol
    i was considering replacing cardio x for yoga x as well. i was getting more of a workout and burn from the cardio x. i would have to consult with my cousins if they wanna go this route.

P90Xer, let Dee and i know how swapping cardio x goes. if swapping cardio x takes too much of a toll on my body/energy for the weekly routines...then id rather pass. but i can see what you mean by wanting to eat complex carbs. maybe if i swap to cardio x i'll jus do 1 to 2 servings of complex carbs instead of fruits/veggies.

haha, i cant wait to leave work. im always antsy to leave so i can push play, haha. gonna have to rush home cuz i gotta get new base stickets after work.

1 more hour of work! later yall!

Get Bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get Bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get Bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get Bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get Bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get Bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get Bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get Bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get Bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get Bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get Bit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Glad to see some of you having success with this program. I just ordered it Yesterday, so it should be here this week. I plan on starting it on Monday. It sounds tough but rewarding if you stick with it. I'm down to 214 from 270 over a period of about 11 months. Was at 220 4 weeks ago, did the E/C stack to get past the 220 plateau with the goal of being 210 ish by June 1st and will end that stack this weekend.

Keep posting your progress, it has been a motivating read and I'm excited to get going on it.

Originally Posted by Get Bit View Post
    Glad to see some of you having success with this program. I just ordered it Yesterday, so it should be here this week. I plan on starting it on Monday. It sounds tough but rewarding if you stick with it. I'm down to 214 from 270 over a period of about 11 months. Was at 220 4 weeks ago, did the E/C stack to get past the 220 plateau with the goal of being 210 ish by June 1st and will end that stack this weekend.

Keep posting your progress, it has been a motivating read and I'm excited to get going on it.
    welcome aboard!

just a suggestion: if you enjoy your saturdays i would say start the program on sunday. this will give you saturday as your rest day. just a thought. anyways, good luck and stay committed!

Get Bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get Bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get Bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get Bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get Bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get Bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get Bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get Bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get Bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get Bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get Bit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    welcome aboard!

just a suggestion: if you enjoy your saturdays i would say start the program on sunday. this will give you saturday as your rest day. just a thought. anyways, good luck and stay committed!
    Thanks and that is a good suggestion. Now I'm just trying to figure out how I can incorporate this in with my Gym routine. Since I pay for the gym and have been going for about 15 months I would like to keep going with it.

Also trying to figure out if I should do this in the morning, or do the cardio in the morning, then the other parts of the program in the evenings at home, etc. Once I get it and read through everything I'm sure I will have a better idea of the program and work it in with my schedule.

DAY 10 IS OVER I SEE JON YOU BEAT ME ON THE FORUM,

I kinda expected that because this morning I woke up coming down with a cold, I honestly didn't eat much today, I pushed alot of water to get rid of the cold, but I think I ate a bowl of cereal and a tuna can.

I refused to miss a day of p90x, its not like I have pneumonia so today I continued on with shoulders and arms I can honestly say it was a struggle because of reduced energy. I battled through it though and made it, I also did the ab ripper too man.

As long as I Don't have fluid in my lungs Iam going to keep going. I am committed and P90X is just 90 days not alot of time to miss training days.

Tomorrow is yoga, I hope I feel better so I can have some upper body strength for this but I am going to do it regardless.

I am really drained right now but hey I am glad I have jon here as my motivator. I was thinking today man, I cannot miss a day with this because Jon is doing it also.

So with that said I took my supps and did it and i FINISHED IT.

welcome aboard!

hey getbit that is an awesome accomplishment man 270 to 210 pounds man you are pushing it. STAY MOTIVATED AND DEDICATED. I see you are getting good results and with p90x i am confident you will increase your results.

Suprisingly I will never say this but p90x is a beast by itself I WOULD NOT, I REPEAT, WOULD NOT try to continue your gym regimen along with p90x.

P90X is an intensive 6 days of working out with 1 day of rest (so called). That is a huge beating on your body man and if you add anything else to the program you risk, injury, over training and also decreased results because your body is not getting time to rest.

Remeber your body builds and repairs itself when its resting, i.e. sleeping. If you are spending 4 or 5 hours a day training you will be over training your body, you can risk muscle break down and plus you aren't allowing your body to recover thus decreased results.

Try P90X by itself for 90 days man. If you want to get the money out of your gym go there to sit in the sauna or the steam room...lol Just don;t go there to work out.

Take it easy man. Good job again on your results!
    Dee

hey getbit that is an awesome accomplishment man 270 to 210 pounds man you are pushing it. STAY MOTIVATED AND DEDICATED. I see you are getting good results and with p90x i am confident you will increase your results.

Suprisingly I will never say this but p90x is a beast by itself I WOULD NOT, I REPEAT, WOULD NOT try to continue your gym regimen along with p90x.

P90X is an intensive 6 days of working out with 1 day of rest (so called). That is a huge beating on your body man and if you add anything else to the program you risk, injury, over training and also decreased results because your body is not getting time to rest.

Remeber your body builds and repairs itself when its resting, i.e. sleeping. If you are spending 4 or 5 hours a day training you will be over training your body, you can risk muscle break down and plus you aren't allowing your body to recover thus decreased results.

Try P90X by itself for 90 days man. If you want to get the money out of your gym go there to sit in the sauna or the steam room...lol Just don;t go there to work out.

Take it easy man. Good job again on your results!
    Dee
    Thanks, you make some valid points. I also like to use the gym's BB and racquet ball courts, etc. Once I get the program, read up on it I will plan out my workout. As intense as it sounds, I'm sure I won't need the gym.

Thanks again,

** reps **

Also, what pre and post workout supps are you guys taking? The only thing I have taken is Cytosport Whey, fish-oil caps, a multi vitamin (when I remember) and the E/C stack (which ends this weekend).

Anything that you recommend for energy and recovery?

...Now I'm just trying to figure out how I can incorporate this in with my Gym routine. Since I pay for the gym and have been going for about 15 months I would like to keep going with it.

Also trying to figure out if I should do this in the morning, or do the cardio in the morning, then the other parts of the program in the evenings at home, etc. Once I get it and read through everything I'm sure I will have a better idea of the program and work it in with my schedule.
    as Dee stated, i would not go to the gym for working out, but using it for its spa/pool/sauna instead.

depending on your time management...i would do cardio in the morning then p90x workouts later in the afternoon/day. example: doing plyo in the morning and then trying to run or cardio later that day will not be fun. plyo will leave your legs tired and sore.

DAY 10 IS OVER I SEE JON YOU BEAT ME ON THE FORUM,

I kinda expected that because this morning I woke up coming down with a cold, I honestly didn't eat much today, I pushed alot of water to get rid of the cold, but I think I ate a bowl of cereal and a tuna can.

I refused to miss a day of p90x, its not like I have pneumonia so today I continued on with shoulders and arms I can honestly say it was a struggle because of reduced energy. I battled through it though and made it, I also did the ab ripper too man.

As long as I Don't have fluid in my lungs Iam going to keep going. I am committed and P90X is just 90 days not alot of time to miss training days.

Tomorrow is yoga, I hope I feel better so I can have some upper body strength for this but I am going to do it regardless.

I am really drained right now but hey I am glad I have jon here as my motivator. I was thinking today man, I cannot miss a day with this because Jon is doing it also.

So with that said I took my supps and did it and i FINISHED IT.
    good job, bro! yea, being sick would suck as it takes away energy and hinders your recovery. im glad you pushed through it.

well, its yoga today. i will never under estimate yoga again, haha.

haha, yea...both of us cant miss a day or else this thread would be thrown into a whirlwind. haha, jp! im glad to be part of your motivation. you and this thread does the same for me. its good knowin someone is doin to same thing as me, and at the same time...plus having the other person acknowledging this program at that easy.

get well quick and keep bringing it!

"The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure."

80 days left...no stopping! haha!
    Last edited by jonathanvictory; 05-21-2008 at 10:59 AM. Reason: grammar, haha!

day 11 is over man today was yoga

with all the downward dogs and planks and me being sick this took everything I had for energy out of me. Needless to say I finished it....

Jon how did you like yoga today man. I am through bro. I am going to go walk my dog and feed her and then head to bed...later bro

edvanp will become famous soon enough. (+50) edvanp will become famous soon enough. (+50) edvanp will become famous soon enough. (+50) edvanp will become famous soon enough. (+50) edvanp will become famous soon enough. (+50) edvanp will become famous soon enough. (+50) edvanp will become famous soon enough. (+50) edvanp will become famous soon enough. (+50) edvanp will become famous soon enough. (+50) edvanp will become famous soon enough. (+50) edvanp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yoga -> I was talked into doing that yesterday by my daughter...it kicked my butt, holy cow. Funny stuff...but I won't every dis Yoga, ever. Good luck man!

day 11 is over man today was yoga

with all the downward dogs and planks and me being sick this took everything I had for energy out of me. Needless to say I finished it....

Jon how did you like yoga today man. I am through bro. I am going to go walk my dog and feed her and then head to bed...later bro
    haha, how was yoga? i kept wanting to skip it, but i sucked it up and kept goin. some of the positions are crazy hard. half of them i cant do the floor touch. not that flexible yet, haha. well, 2 more hours till p90x...jus gonna watch some tv, clear my head, then push play. later bro!

well, legs and back are done! i like working legs since i play soccer. helps me a lot. this time around i stepped it up and did all the optional sets with weights WITH weights (20-30lbs), haha. im starting to do a bit more on the ab ripper x. i had to keep pausing, but now im able to hit 15-20 reps, breathe, then knockout the rest. im only struggling with the scissors...i curse a lot during this part of the ab ripper, haha.

today is kenpo...wow, it seems like we just did kenpo like a day or 2 ago, haha. gonna try and get the combos down, and breathe more. later in the afternoon im gonna eat a good meal with complex carbs so i can gear my body for my 5 mile run in the morning. gonna run instead of doing stretch x or rest.

dee, feeling better, bro? were you able to complete legs and back with ab ripper? well, get better and hear from ya in a couple days. have a good memorial weekend. oh yea...no cheating on monday! haha!

later!

Also, what pre and post workout supps are you guys taking? The only thing I have taken is Cytosport Whey, fish-oil caps, a multi vitamin (when I remember) and the E/C stack (which ends this weekend).

Anything that you recommend for energy and recovery?
    for supps? im taking ON Gold Standard whey (pre and post workout), animanl pak (for multi-v), and animal nitro (recovery).

the whey and animal paks i take everyday, and nitro on lifting days only.

for energy? i dont take anything. energy/pump/stim supps mess with my heart rate when doing p90x. so, i stopped taking NO products or having caff an hour before working out. i would just focus on recovery supps instead of energy for p90x, IMO.