lucifer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Quick chicken breast recipes, and the george foreman grill is your friend.

Chicken breasts. Great source of protein, cheap, easy to make and tasty. Can their be anything better? You probably eat a lot of chicken. I know I do, and I got sick of eating the same old grilled/baked chicken breast day in and day out. But who's got time for fancy recipes either? You already need to find time to work, eat 6 times a day, take handfuls of supplements, and workout. So I thought I’d share some of my ideas for quick ways to make tasty chicken.

One-step seasonings. I don't know if you have the same brand in Canada, but club-house makes a great lineup of seasoning mixes. All you have to do is sprinkle some on, throw it on the grill for 6-7 minutes, and voila, awesome chicken. You'll feel like you're eating something you shouldn't be. I've found the best ones to be Cajun, lemon & herb, Montréal chicken and tex mex.

Don't go overboard with this stuff though, as it does contain some salt. All you need is a light sprinkling to get the flavours in.

Mrs. Dash: For those of you who are trying to cut back on salt, this is the way to go. There are a bunch of different varieties available, and they're great for adding a lot of flavour.

Marinades: Low fat salad dressing like italian works pretty well. Another good one is a mix of yogurt, lemon juice and onions. There are lots of recipes out there. Try to start with something acidic like vinegar, yogurt or some type of citrus juice. This will help tenderize the meat. One good trick is to put the chicken in a ziploc bag when you buy it, and mix it around in the bag with your marinade. Then toss it the freezer. When you want to defrost it, it will marinade itself as it thaws out.

BBQ Sauce: Yeah, most bbq sauces have a lot of sugar in them, but you can find higher quality brands with a very rich flavour and not so much sugar. A little goes a long way too. If you take a little dab, like half a teaspoon or so and brush it over your chicken after it's been cooked, you'll find it will give it a lot of taste without needing to drench it in sauce.

Finally...I can't talk about chicken without praising my George Foreman grill. It makes meals really quick to make. In 15 minutes, you can have 6 chicken breasts cooked and everything cleaned up and finished with. I find that spraying a bit of pam on it before I cook makes it easier to clean. Another trick I use is to keep a spray bottle filled with water around. When you're done cooking, spray down the grill while it's hot and the steam will loosen a lot of the stuck on food bits. Makes it a lot easier to wipe down after.

So anyway...that's how I make my chicken. I find it's easier to stick with my diet if it doesn't taste the same everyday. Some people can do it, but I like variety still It's easier to make a permanent change in your diet if it doesn’t feel like one right?

gsubodybuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Pan sear it w/ diced onions, tomatoes, and squirt lemon and lime juice on it while its searing in the pan. Great stuff!
    "When fortune smiles upon something as ugly and brutal as revenge, you become not only convinced that God is real, but that you are doing His will." -Uma Thurman, Kill Bill Vol. 2

6'1, 205, Arms 17", Chest 46" Waist 32"

Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like a little salt, pepper, savory, and thyme. Makes a nice, fast herb chicken.

How about the pan with a little diced onion, green pepper, and tomatoe. Sprinkle on a little taco seasoning and 2 tbsp of water, then a ton of cheddar when it's close to done. Yuuuume!

Originally posted by Veritas
    I like a little salt, pepper, savory, and thyme. Makes a nice, fast herb chicken.

How about the pan with a little diced onion, green pepper, and tomatoe. Sprinkle on a little taco seasoning and 2 tbsp of water, then a ton of cheddar when it's close to done. Yuuuume!
    Gonna have to try that one. Chicken fajitas are great. I'm going to try to come up with an enchilada recipe with ground turkey, and try to keep it within my cal range.

Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My wife decided to stop eating red meat becuse someone told her she couldent. That was about 10 years ago, so I ususaly make everything outa chicken or turkey!

In order to make burgers, I use a pound of turkey, an egg, some worstishire (SP???) sauce, garlic and onion powder, and some disolved beef boulion.

Hehe, my gf is anti-redmeat as well. I don't see anything wrong with it as long as you get a good cut and keep it moderate.

The turkey burgers sound good. I'd like to eat more fish too, but it's really expensive. Maybe I should learn to fish and do it the old-fashioned way, hehe.

bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I like the freezing in maranade idea. One could do alot with that. Thanks man!

Desaphets1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Heres a secret, put your food inbetween 2 sheets of tin foil in the foreman, hardly any clean up and it tastes better

I've heard of doing that with parchment paper too...gonna have to give it a shot. Thanks!