LifeJunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

fatigue on deadlifts

ive noticed that even when i use light weights on deadlifts that i get tired really quickly. Correct me if im wrong but my deadlift weight should be close if not higher than my squat weight right? Right now im just using some lighter weights sets of 8-10 squats im using 185 lbs but deadlifts im only using 135-155 sets of 8-10 and i find them a lot harder than squats. I'm pretty sure its not my form because i had a personal trainer for about 7 months to perfect my form. any ideas? should i go heavier weight but less reps?

Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah, deadlift numbers are usually higher then squats. Deadlift fatigues you more because its a heavy compound lift that recruits alot of muscle fibers. I would say keep the number of reps for deadlifting low and the weight heavy.

just my opinion

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by LifeJunkie View Post
    ive noticed that even when i use light weights on deadlifts that i get tired really quickly. Correct me if im wrong but my deadlift weight should be close if not higher than my squat weight right? Right now im just using some lighter weights sets of 8-10 squats im using 185 lbs but deadlifts im only using 135-155 sets of 8-10 and i find them a lot harder than squats. I'm pretty sure its not my form because i had a personal trainer for about 7 months to perfect my form. any ideas? should i go heavier weight but less reps?
    stop doing sets of 8-10 reps on deadlifts, 4-6 reps at most.
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by GoJu View Post
    stop doing sets of 8-10 reps on deadlifts, 4-6 reps at most.
    x2!

alnz3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New Technique

Try out this new workout. It'll give you quick results. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9uqYbcMHVk