Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ephedra Powder

tiffy_sugar will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffy_sugar will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffy_sugar will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffy_sugar will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffy_sugar will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffy_sugar will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffy_sugar will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffy_sugar will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffy_sugar will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffy_sugar will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffy_sugar will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile Ephedra Powder

Ok, I went to my local health food store and found in the bulk herbs isle ephedra powder.. this is the one and I got 2.5 oz. for 4 bucks! The guy there said he puts about 4 grams in his coffee in the morning and it REALLY works for him. Does anyone know or has anyone else tried this stuff? and yes, I am in the states...you can imagine my surprise! lol

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/bulkherb/e.php

DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wish I could tell you, but it seems like a scam. As far as I know ephedra is banned in the US (the actual herb) and ephedrine is heavily watched over (I have heard of people having to give personal info to just buy ephedrine). There doesn't seem to be any real info on it, and if it is real, it's obviously a very low percentage of ephedrine, since they guy said he had 4g, and most people only take 25mg.

Should ask the guy if he has any more info on it. I recommend not taking any until you find out more info on it.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=170889621&posted=1#post170889621

Conclusion: EAT THE WHOLE DAMN EGG!

tiffy_sugar will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffy_sugar will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffy_sugar will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffy_sugar will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffy_sugar will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffy_sugar will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffy_sugar will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffy_sugar will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffy_sugar will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffy_sugar will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffy_sugar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    well the stuff is the plants stems that are ground into a fine powder. Its definately not a scam because many of the health food stores up here use this provider for bulk herbs. I asked them about the ban and they said they just order it and it comes. I figure I'll give it a shot if its here. And since its the herb, not straight ephedrine which is recomended at 25 mgs, I thought the 4 grams of the actual herb was pretty right on. I was just hoping for some feed back on it.

DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok, well good luck and don't die then. I can assure you that there's no way they are just "buying ephedra and it's coming in". That just sounds like a scam with that statement right there...

Heres the info off the site... how much is 1/2 - 1 grain?

And its really not that unheard of to get ephedra in show low, az. I can walk in and buy ECA in most of the health food stores up here...it just costs $40 a bottle. I really don't know why we are able to get the stuff, but we do.

Ephedra Herb and Powder Profile
    Also known as- Ephedra sinica and sinensis, Ma Huang, and Chinese Ephedra.

Introduction
    Ephedra herb is one of the fundamentals of traditional Chinese medicine and modern herbal medicine for the treatment of respiratory disorders. As a whole herb, the tops of the plant serve as an antidote for excessive consumption of the root, and treat a wide range of respiratory conditions.
    NOT TO BE USED AS A STIMULANT!

Constituents
    Ephedrine, pseudopephedrine.

Parts Used
    The stems

Typical Preparations
    Usually teas, but for convenience it may be taken as a capsule or extract.

Summary
    The traditional use of ephedra is to stop "leakages" caused by lack of energy and vigor. It stops sweating at night, fluid buildup in the lung, and weak pulse causing "dribbles" of arterial circulation. All of these effects are helpful in colds, flu, and asthma. Most members of this genus contain various medicinally active alkaloids (but notably ephedrine) and they are widely used in preparations for the treatment of asthma and catarrh. The stems are a pungent, bitter, warm herb that dilates the bronchial vessels whilst stimulating the heart and central nervous system. The stems are also antidote, diaphoretic, diuretic, pectoral, vasoconstrictor and vasodilator, and they are used internally in the treatment of asthma, hay fever and allergic complaints.

Precautions
    Typically used in herbal combinations, under the supervisions of someone qualified to use this substance.
    Not to be used as a stimulant, and its long term use is not recommended.
    Special Warning: SEEK ADVICE FROM HEALTH PRACTITIONER PRIOR TO USE IF PREGNANT, NURSING, HAVE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, HEART OR THYROID DISEASE, DIABETES, DIFFICULTY IN URINATION DUE TO PROSTATE ENLARGEMENT, OR IF TAKING MAO INHIBITOR OR OTHER PRESCRIPTION DRUG. REDUCE/DISCONTINUE USE IF NERVOUSNESS, TREMOR, SLEEPLESSNESS, LOSS OF APPETITE OR NAUSEA OCCUR. DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN:

Ephedra
    Botanical: Ephedra vulgaris (RICH.)
    Family: N.O. Gnetaceae
    Description
    Constituents
    Medicinal Action and Uses
    ---Synonyms---Ephedrine. Epitonin. Ma Huang.
    ---Habitat---West Central China, Southern Siberia, Japan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---Description---It is found on sandy seashores and in temperate climates of both hemispheres. The plant has stamens and pistils on separate flowers--staminate flowers in catkins and a membraneous perianth, pistillate flowers terminal on axillary stalks, within a two-leaved involucre. Fruit has two carpels with a single seed in each and is a succulent cone, branches slender and erect, small leaves, scale-like, articulated and joined at the base into a sheath.
    ---Constituents---Ephedrine is salt of an alkaloid and is in shining white crystals very soluble in water.

---Medicinal Action and Uses---A sympathetic nerve stimulant resembling adrenaline, its effect on the unstriped muscular fibres is remarkable. It acts promptly in relieving swellings of the mucous membrane. It has valuable antispasmodic properties, acts on the air passages and is of benefit in asthma and hay fever; it is also employed for rheumatism; a 5 to 10 per cent solution has mydriatic properties, prophylactically used for low blood pressure in influenza, pneumonia, etc. Used in tablet form for oral or hypodermic administration and in ampuls for hypodermic, intramuscular and intravenous use. It can advantageously be used in solution with liquid paraffin, either alone or in conjunction with methol camphor and oil of thyme. Dose, 1/2 to 1 grain.

bump...someone's gotta have some info on this stuff!

chacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The FDA banned Ephedra as a dietary supplement that targets toward weight loss. Completely legal under any other circumstances. This is not a controlled substance by any means and is easily attainable.

BTW I think 1.14g Ephedra = 25mg ephedrine (in the dried natural potency form)
    Last edited by chacks; 05-11-2008 at 05:28 AM.
    "The secret is there is no secret" - Draper
    "... You have to understand before I started training, I didn't know anything about bodybuilding. This was just what I was doing for happiness, and I don't want to take the happiness away..." - Vic Richards

Location: I was like elbows too pointy, and she said O'rly, Djibouti
    MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    thats a legit site. they use it in like massage, aromatherapy, and in spas sometimes so like the above poster said its legal for OTHER reasons than for weight loss. what im getting at is, that its legit so buy it

Did a little research and it pretty much the other posters hit the nail on the head. Ephedra isn't banned, but supplements containing ephedrine are banned. Ephedrine is only offered up to 8mg by itself in the States and as of May 14, 2007 the Supreme Court would not hear an appeal on the current laws.

As for the ephedra, this is the calculation I found to calculate the amount of ephedrine alkaloid (from wikipedia, so not 100% reliable...)

"Some species in the Ephedra genus have no alkaloid content and are therefore essentially inert; however, the most commonly used species, E. sinica, has a total alkaloid content of 1?3% by dry weight. Ephedrine constitutes 40?90% of the alkaloid content, with the remainder consisting of pseudoephedrine and the demethylated forms of each compound.[12]"

So, assuming all this info is correct, you would only get the benefit out of the E. sinica (the website gives references to E. sinica and E. sinensis. I am not 100% sure E. sinesis has any ephedrine alkaloids.). Also, if the percentages are correct, for a 4g dose you will be getting anywhere from 16mg-108mg of ephedrine alkaloid (assuming that all is the E. sinica).

There also seems to be the chance that you get no ephedrine akaloid if you get a large dose of E. sinensis.

Honestly, with all the research showing the complications of large doses of ephedrine and the lack of standardization of the ephedra, I wouldn't buy any of this compound. If you want to do EC, just find a respectable Canadian company and buy some Ephedrine HCL or just purchase from Bronkaid/Primatene.

I hope all this helps you make the right decision.

www.thehealthygamer.com AntiGlobalist's Avatar
    AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Seems like a lot of hassle when you can just buy some pseudo-ephedrine at Walmart in pill form.
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

**Are you a gamer who lifts? Then you need to follow my Healthy Gaming Channel:**
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HappyJacksChannel
    http://www.TheHealthyGamer.com

★★ Hiking 2,189 miles from Georgia to Maine on the Appalachian Trail 2016 follow on IG instagram.com/jackjoneshg and at thejourney.co ★★

Location: I was like elbows too pointy, and she said O'rly, Djibouti
    MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AntiGlobalist View Post
    Seems like a lot of hassle when you can just buy some pseudo-ephedrine at Walmart in pill form.
    but some people dont like to add in those other chemicals. pseudo's, or the Guaifenesin. tho its generally safe.

and you cannot get pure E in the states. you have to import it from somewhere else. ephedrine is used in meth labs, so the DEA put a stop on pure E supplements. so your only violable options, bronkaid, primatine, and getting 8mg E's from an outside USA source.

Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    but some people dont like to add in those other chemicals. pseudo's, or the Guaifenesin. tho its generally safe.

and you cannot get pure E in the states. you have to import it from somewhere else. ephedrine is used in meth labs, so the DEA put a stop on pure E supplements. so your only violable options, bronkaid, primatine, and getting 8mg E's from an outside USA source.
    That's what I did and it really seems like the best way. From what I understand, this is the law on that:

Pills can't be more than 8mgs, no more than 50pills a bottle, and no more than 10 bottles in a 3 week period.

In the end, herbal supplements are a weird entity. There's no standardization on them, and when you are dealing with something as delicate as ephedra/ephedrine, it just doesn't seem worth it to me...

burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Did primatene get taken off the shelves with bronkaid now too? I notice on CVS and Walgreens.com they only list the primatene mist..?

Originally Posted by burke View Post
    Did primatene get taken off the shelves with bronkaid now too? I notice on CVS and Walgreens.com they only list the primatene mist..?
    I didn't know either were taken off the shelves. Like I said, I take the straight ephedrine, but I have heard about either. Does the mist still have ephedrine? Seems like it would get to the blood stream faster and have more bioavailability if it did, so not a bad idea .

Like one of the other posters said, I'd really like to NOT get other chemicals into the stuff. I'd much rather take herbs and find what works best for me. I understand the dangers associated with ephedra and lack of standardization. I tried 1gram this morning in my coffee and I didn't get jittery or anything. I deffinately felt awake, but not over stimulated. But, since I really didn't spend that much on the stuff ($4 for 2.5 oz.) I don't have a problem with tossing it out. Could someone PM a canadian site I might be able to get it from? And If anyone here in the states has been able to order it from a canadian site successfuly (like they actualy got it in there hand in the mail) let me know if there were any complications. I don't want to go to jail just for a few ounces of herbs! lol

bump.. how about ephedrine hcl? Anyone know where I can buy just that?

I put some websites in the EC thread in the Losing Fat forum, but the best thing to do is search www.google.ca for "ephedrine sale" and check out the sites and see what's cheapest and will ship to you.

I got mine from livepure, but apparently as of a few days ago they don't ship to the US anymore.

BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I searched the site looking for Ma Huang, but unfortunately they didn't have any.

Originally Posted by BiggJohn View Post
    I searched the site looking for Ma Huang, but unfortunately they didn't have any.
    What site, the one tiffy posted? It's under ephedra. Ma Huang is just the Chinese name for it. Look under Ephedra Powder and Ma Huang is under the "aka".

so, in your guys opinion, do you think I should give the powder I already have a try and for a few days and see what happens? Or should I just toss it and try to get the Ephedrine from a canadian site? And also, the Bronkaid... does it really work the same as just ephedrine? I do have asthma, but never heard of the stuff before. I searched online for it and it seems cheap, but does it have the same properties as real ephedrine? The chemicals in it kinda scares me since I don't know much about them.

anyone know of or use these sites? they ship to the us

http://www.ephedrineforsale.com/index.html

http://www.gorillajack.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=585
    Last edited by tiffy_sugar; 05-11-2008 at 01:04 PM.

Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DriftMonster View Post
    That's what I did and it really seems like the best way. From what I understand, this is the law on that:

Pills can't be more than 8mgs, no more than 50pills a bottle, and no more than 10 bottles in a 3 week period.

In the end, herbal supplements are a weird entity. There's no standardization on them, and when you are dealing with something as delicate as ephedra/ephedrine, it just doesn't seem worth it to me...
    I believe ephedrine has to be blister packed.
    Currently: Attending BB.com School of Medicine.
    Retired From BB.com
    --NRC--

jonnyflores is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonnyflores is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonnyflores is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonnyflores is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonnyflores is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonnyflores is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonnyflores is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonnyflores is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonnyflores is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonnyflores is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonnyflores is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by tiffy_sugar View Post
    You're not going to find pure hcl, but you can get Primatene in a drug store at 12.5mg hcl plus the guaf. I personally like the sulfate a lot better. Bronkaid ftw for me.

burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jonnyflores View Post
    You're not going to find pure hcl, but you can get Primatene in a drug store at 12.5mg hcl plus the guaf. I personally like the sulfate a lot better. Bronkaid ftw for me.
    Seems like they dont sell either of these at cvs/walgreens anymore?

Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tiffy_sugar View Post
    sndonline.net

i've ordered there many times
    "What value is there in the grace that I profess if it leaves me unchanged?"
    -Spurgeon

page don't work?

Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by burke View Post
    page don't work?
    http://www.sndonline.net/

BTW,
    get the 700 pills 10mg per..

Compared to the 30mg 200pills, it's like getting 100 free
    Last edited by Illadelphia; 05-11-2008 at 04:34 PM.
    "What value is there in the grace that I profess if it leaves me unchanged?"
    -Spurgeon

I guess my other question would be then which works better? I'd much rather just go to walgreens or walmart and get the Bronkaid then go through the horrible amount of money it costs to get ephedrine shiped form canada. Is there anyone that has tried both of them and if so which worked better or did they work the same?

Also, the powder I have (made from stems) has anyone used it before and if so, did it do anything for them?

BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DriftMonster View Post
    What site, the one tiffy posted? It's under ephedra. Ma Huang is just the Chinese name for it. Look under Ephedra Powder and Ma Huang is under the "aka".
    I'd like to find whole Ma Huang herbs, not stems.

bump.. No one has taken the ephedra from the mountinaroseherbs.com site?

Nailbomb9 is just really nice. (+1000) Nailbomb9 is just really nice. (+1000) Nailbomb9 is just really nice. (+1000) Nailbomb9 is just really nice. (+1000) Nailbomb9 is just really nice. (+1000) Nailbomb9 is just really nice. (+1000) Nailbomb9 is just really nice. (+1000) Nailbomb9 is just really nice. (+1000) Nailbomb9 is just really nice. (+1000) Nailbomb9 is just really nice. (+1000) Nailbomb9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Damn this is getting complicated!! How about burning off more calories than you consume by kicking ass cardio-wise. Problem solved.
    Go ahead and wake up, it's a brand new day
    Angel's wings gunna carry you away...