say10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help With my "off days", what should I be doing?!?!

Hi, I'm new to working out and had a program made for me. I've went from 190 to 165. I've been working out since February. I have a 3 day program but have been going 5-6 days a week and just doing Cardio on my off days, usually about 20 minutes on an elliptical because I find that it burns the most calories. I'm not sure if I should be doing that though so my body can rest properly. Also the cardio I do other than the elliptical doesn't burn near the cardio I do when doing the elliptical. My main goal is to get rid of my belly, excess fat and to tone up, but I cant seem to get under 165!!!. Any suggestions or anything I could add on any of the days?? I'm wanting to lose another 15-20 pounds. Thanks in advance for your help. Here is my program...

Day 1

Warm-Up Treadmill 5 minutes
    Ab Routine
    Cardio: Elliptical 12 minutes (Go up by 3 minutes each week)
    Bench Press (Drop Set) 3 sets max reps (1st set put heavier weight, 2nd set drop down 20 to 30lbs and press till you no longer can, 3rd set put weight you started with and press again until exhaustion)
    Leg Press 2 sets 12-15 reps (Or squats)
    Chest Fly 3 sets 12-15 reps
    Zottman Curl 3 sets 8 reps (the curl I showed you on the 45 degree bench)
    Cool Down Bike or Treadmill 5 mins (walk on an incline level 5-10)
    Day 2

Warm-Up Treadmill 5 mins
    Ab Routine
    Straight Bar curls 2 sets 15-18 reps
    Cardio Bike 15 mins (Push RPM?s above 100. Do 5 situps on the Ab Machine each time you drop below 100. If you drop below 5 times ie: you have 25 reps to do when you?re done.)
    Lat Pulldowns 2 sets 15-18 reps
    Seated Row 1 set Max reps (low to medium weight)
    Torso Rotations 2 sets 12-15 reps
    Cool Down Bike or Elliptical 5 mins

Day 3 (If possible)
    Cardio of your choice 20-30 mins
    Ab Routine
    Stability Ball sit ups 2 sets 15-25 reps
    Pull-up 5 by 10 (2 pushups 1 pull-up, 4 pushups 2 pull-ups, repeat this until you have done 10 pushups ending with 5 pull-ups, try to do this with no rest between the pushups and pull-ups)
    Tricep Pulldown 4 sets 15-18-25 reps

Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1.) Eating good
    2.) Searching BBing.com for a new routine

tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you are using the machines read outs for calorie info you are misinformed.
    If you are doing tons of ab work because you think you can spot reduce, you are misinformed.

I highly recommend the following for some solid fat loss advice.

http://www.t-nation.com/article/body...f_fat_loss&cr=

Something to consider. If you are healthy, get to a track or park, anyplace where the ground is softer than concrete and actually run. I have found that when your body is actually pushing through space (running sprints) there is a whole other dynamic that opens up. 2/3's of your muscle is below the waist. The glutes and hamstrings are the largest muscles on your body. When they work hard, your whole body listens, opening up a new dimension for fat loss and body transformation including nutrition partitioning.

Good luck.
    Last edited by tonester; 05-09-2008 at 03:53 AM.
    "Adapt and overcome."

"Everything you need is inside you."

thisforumsuks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thisforumsuks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thisforumsuks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thisforumsuks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thisforumsuks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thisforumsuks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thisforumsuks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thisforumsuks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thisforumsuks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thisforumsuks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thisforumsuks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    first of all, your split is way off, youre not going to build any muscle that way, and you will always be skinny fat.