Closed Thread
Page 3 of 445 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Ridge4120 View Post
    I could not even imagine having children anytime soon -- that's SOO much money! The daycare for one month costs twice as much as my apartment per month.
    Our son was not planned......

*Edit* - If you're waiting for financial security to have kids, you might be waiting a while.

bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by PLANETGETLOW View Post
    No doubt, diapers and formula can break a person quick-like!!

Soon it'll be the teenager expenses......yikes!!
    Don't get me started on those damn "teenagers"!!! I've got one (sorta..she's 22 and acts like a teenager). I've paid for an apartment, car notes, clothes (typical I have no clothes girl) to the tune of about $30K. What did I get back in return? .................................................. exactly!

*EDIT* I work at home (and occasionally will go into my office). Running your own business is not as easy as one would think. Or as "stress free". I used to work as a paralegal many moons ago and sometimes miss the "office bantor". It's lonely at the top!

IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes, having children is not only expensive, it requires all your time and your freedom is pretty much gone. It's been tough adjusting to being a mom. My daughter wasn't planned and I was living the single lifestyle until she came along. Talk about a huge life change.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
    I will choose a path that's clear
    I will choose freewill

Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174190821&referrerid=1173311

PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by bambifox View Post
    Don't get me started on those damn "teenagers"!!! I've got one (sorta..she's 22 and acts like a teenager). I've paid for an apartment, car notes, clothes (typical I have no clothes girl) to the tune of about $30K. What did I get back in return? .................................................. exactly!
    Well, I work on cars and my son already received his truck from his great-grandpa, it just needs restoration. Last week we started tearing it down and working on it together. He thought it was going to be a weekend project and be done with it. He got about a 2x2 area sanded and hung it up for the weekend. I'm going to make him do work, and serious work to get it to a show/street level that way he can appreciate it and not thrash it.

Clothing and other goods, well that's a different animal.

Originally Posted by mcampana View Post
    Yes, having children is not only expensive, it requires all your time and your freedom is pretty much gone. It's been tough adjusting to being a mom. My daughter wasn't planned and I was living the single lifestyle until she came along. Talk about a huge life change.

Our son is at a cool age, when we go out for dinner we have cocktails and occasionally will have some people over to shoot pool. He sees us consume alcohol (every other weekend) and have a good time. I think it's important to expose him to REAL world issues and what we consider to be open and fun. We don't encourage drinking or smoking but do not hide anything from him.

erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ridge4120 View Post
    I could not even imagine having children anytime soon -- that's SOO much money! The daycare for one month costs twice as much as my apartment per month.
    You have plenty of time to worry about it! I waited until I was 28 to have my first, and even then I think I should have waited!
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=17995794

bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well, I work on cars and my son already received his truck from his great-grandpa, it just needs restoration. Last week we started tearing it down and working on it together. He thought it was going to be a weekend project and be done with it. He got about a 2x2 area sanded and hung it up for the weekend. I'm going to make him do work, and serious work to get it to a show/street level that way he can appreciate it and not thrash it.

Clothing and other goods, well that's a different animal.

Our son is at a cool age, when we go out for dinner we have cocktails and occasionally will have some people over to shoot pool. He sees us consume alcohol (every other weekend) and have a good time. I think it's important to expose him to REAL world issues and what we consider to be open and fun. We don't encourage drinking or smoking but do not hide anything from him.
    That sounds perfect! If there was one piece of advice I could give to all parents, it would be exactly that...MAKE THEM WORK FOR WHAT THEY GET...otherwise they do not and will not know "appreciation" or "consequences". I feel like Cher..."If I could turn back time..."

IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000)

I definitely don't isolate her from those things, but it's hard to maintain friends, since I am single w/a child and most of the people that live around me are married w/children. All my single/no child friends have gone by the wayside.
    I will choose freewill

Journal:

Originally Posted by bambifox View Post
    That sounds perfect! If there was one piece of advice I could give to all parents, it would be exactly that...MAKE THEM WORK FOR WHAT THEY GET...otherwise they do not and will not know "appreciation" or "consequences". I feel like Cher..."If I could turn back time..."
    Yea, well, he's not much for manual labor that's for sure. He's a BIG gamer and it's tough to get him outside.

I think he'll look at a vehicle that he built differently then if it were handed to him. All of my whips are backyard built by me.....I need to hand him down some skills and it's a way for us to bond at an early age.

erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My kids already work for some of what they get and they are 7 and 3. They have chores that get them allowance (in the form of $1 toys for the little guy) and my older son has learned to pick up extra chores if he wants a new toy, etc. He'll even help us rake the lawn! He had a little memory problem for a while where he was losing gloves at school every day. I started docking his allowance to buy the new ones and that worked!

I definitely don't isolate her from those things, but it's hard to maintain friends, since I am single w/a child and most of the people that live around me are married w/children. All my single/no child friends have gone by the wayside.
    Yea, I cannot relate to how things are for you although I'm sure they're trying. You definately need some alone time once in a while though, make sure you get the attention you need.

We don't have many friends either, to be honest it's easier without all of that baggage. I have a couple of people that I associate and one person (guy) that I enjoy being around. He's a little younger than us but he's easy to be around and is more mature than many people I know.

I know what you mean. I was the first to have kids (at 28!), so I could never do what they were doing because I had a baby. Now, my kids are a little older and I have a little more freedom (I am fortunate to live near my parents) and they all have babies!

Originally Posted by erinlee01 View Post
    My kids already work for some of what they get and they are 7 and 3. They have chores that get them allowance (in the form of $1 toys for the little guy) and my older son has learned to pick up extra chores if he wants a new toy, etc. He'll even help us rake the lawn! He had a little memory problem for a while where he was losing gloves at school every day. I started docking his allowance to buy the new ones and that worked!
    ahaha, yea I wish I could hold the chore and other things leverage forever. He'll get wise to it one day though. He LOVES gaming, right now, if he slips the slightest all we have to do is threaten to pull that bad-boy and he straightens right up.

Yea, I cannot relate to how things are for you although I'm sure they're trying. You definately need some alone time once in a while though, make sure you get the attention you need.

We don't have many friends either, to be honest it's easier without all of that baggage. I have a couple of people that I associate and one person (guy) that I enjoy being around. He's a little younger than us but he's easy to be around and is more mature than many people I know.
    I hang out with my husband and that's about it. Occasional lunch with people I used to work with and have stayed friendly with, but not often. And, I'm with you, it is easier. My husband was my best friend before we got married and that hasn't changed in the 10 months we've been married.

Ridge4120 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ridge4120 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ridge4120 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ridge4120 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ridge4120 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ridge4120 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ridge4120 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ridge4120 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ridge4120 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ridge4120 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ridge4120 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You have plenty of time to worry about it! I waited until I was 28 to have my first, and even then I think I should have waited!
    That's actually about the age that I want to have kids, around my 30's.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139911653&pagenumber=

ahaha, yea I wish I could hold the chore and other things leverage forever. He'll get wise to it one day though. He LOVES gaming, right now, if he slips the slightest all we have to do is threaten to pull that bad-boy and he straightens right up.
    xbox is threatened to be taken away on a daily basis! And he just got an ipod that I use as leverage, too!

I am fortunate that I do get quite a bit of me time considering. My mother watches my daughter for me all the time. I don't even have to ask her. She wants to have my daughter over all the time. Pretty soon I won't have that luxury, as my mom will be moving in w/my brother and sister in law to take care of my nephew who was just recently diagnosed w/leukemia. She is going to care for him, during his next course of chemo treatment. Then in July she is leaving for Italy for 5 months!!!

I know what you mean. I was the first to have kids (at 28!), so I could never do what they were doing because I had a baby. Now, my kids are a little older and I have a little more freedom (I am fortunate to live near my parents) and they all have babies!
    I have several really good friends, but they all live out of city/state. And to top it off, my boyfriend lives in the UK. I am a gluten for punishement, I think!
    I will choose freewill

Journal:

I hang out with my husband and that's about it. Occasional lunch with people I used to work with and have stayed friendly with, but not often. And, I'm with you, it is easier. My husband was my best friend before we got married and that hasn't changed in the 10 months we've been married.
    Keep it real, that's what I live by. In the many years my wife and I have been together we've seen and experienced quite a bit. Some that challenged our love and others that strengthened it. In the end, she'll always be there for me and I'll always be there for her. The only thing I honestly fear are; Losing my son or wife, and wondering what will happen at the crossroads, I hope we're reunited and things never change.

xbox is threatened to be taken away on a daily basis! And he just got an ipod that I use as leverage, too!
    ahaha, classic!!!!

I am fortunate that I do get quite a bit of me time considering. My mother watches my daughter for me all the time. I don't even have to ask her. She wants to have my daughter over all the time. Pretty soon I won't have that luxury, as my mom will be moving in w/my brother and sister in law to take care of my nephew who was just recently diagnosed w/leukemia. She is going to care for him, during his next course of chemo treatment. Then in July she is leaving for Italy for 5 months!!!
    My parents live right across the street!! They used to watch our son EVERY WEEKEND so we could go out dancing or whatever, then about 1 or 2 years ago, they just stopped. It's like a freakin' light switch or something. They say that because he game's so much he doesn't want to be with them. I swear they're the f(*King kings of mind-games.

WOW! Right across the street? Don't know if I could handle that!

Well, I am outta here in a few. Headed to the gym.
    I will choose freewill

Journal:

WOW! Right across the street? Don't know if I could handle that!

Well, I am outta here in a few. Headed to the gym.
    Yea, they're wierd though. We won't see them for a week or two straight.

Take care......

CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Whats up guys?

B-O-R-E-D

45 minutes to go

PhatTxDiva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhatTxDiva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhatTxDiva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhatTxDiva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhatTxDiva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhatTxDiva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhatTxDiva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhatTxDiva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhatTxDiva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhatTxDiva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhatTxDiva is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Okay, this thread was started barely 2 hours ago and is already 3 pages long.

Must be some good rants . . . let me go back to the top.
    www.arthritis.org | www.carfintl.org

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PhatTxDiva View Post

no rants from this guy
    ***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

"It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help."

BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Crazymix View Post
    no rants from this guy
    So there's this guy, Crazymix, and he is just driving me nuts!

PhatTxDiva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhatTxDiva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhatTxDiva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhatTxDiva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhatTxDiva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhatTxDiva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhatTxDiva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhatTxDiva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhatTxDiva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhatTxDiva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhatTxDiva is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have a two-parter: part rant, part question.

Rant:

Why does this guy come and ask me some software question, I tell him the answer, then he turns around and asks the other guy across from me like he's trying to confirm if what I said is correct? The hell? Why is he bugging me while I'm surfing bb.com? If he doesn't trust my knowledge, why doesn't he just ask the other guy first and leave me alone! And yes, the other guy gave him the SAME EXACT ANSWER.

Question:

Regarding childcare costs. Like the quote below, I've seen them described as outrageous many times. But I don't understand why. I would expect childcare workers, teachers, tutors, etc. to get paid a decent amount of money considering the responsibility that they have.

What do you guys consider a fair hourly rate for a childcare worker?

And, um, no, I don't have kids. Dodged that bullet.

That would be so nice. Daycare costs are outrageous. I pay for 100% of everything for my daughter, since her biological father isn't involved.

Edited: I don't mean to sound like I am complaining, b/c I made the decision to not go after child support, for various reasons I don't want to get into here.
    www.arthritis.org | www.carfintl.org

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BlueShoe View Post
    So there's this guy, Crazymix, and he is just driving me nuts!
    was it that good?
    ***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

"It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help."

Rant:

Why does this guy come and ask me some software question, I tell him the answer, then he turns around and asks the other guy across from me like he's trying to confirm if what I said is correct? The hell? Why is he bugging me while I'm surfing bb.com? If he doesn't trust my knowledge, why doesn't he just ask the other guy first and leave me alone! And yes, the other guy gave him the SAME EXACT ANSWER.

Question:

Regarding childcare costs. Like the quote below, I've seen them described as outrageous many times. But I don't understand why. I would expect childcare workers, teachers, tutors, etc. to get paid a decent amount of money considering the responsibility that they have.

What do you guys consider a fair hourly rate for a childcare worker?

And, um, no, I don't have kids. Dodged that bullet.
    In regards to your first part, maybe the dude did it to spite you?? Otherwise I don't know. The next time he asks you for something point to the other source........ehehee

Damn, child care is a broad subject and fees vary on where you live and what they provide. We had our son in a preschoolish, daycare environment. They provided meals, semi-education, and great supervision. We paid top dollar but it was worth it. Around $250/week I want to say........

BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Rant:

That would tick me off too! Except I would be surprised if anyone asked me advice about anything doing with computers or software. I admit I'm a dummy!

Originally Posted by Crazymix View Post
    was it that good?
    That's between you and me

Ridge4120 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ridge4120 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ridge4120 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ridge4120 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ridge4120 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ridge4120 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ridge4120 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ridge4120 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ridge4120 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ridge4120 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ridge4120 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I know, I love this!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139911653&pagenumber=