Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Building spotters ?

Hey guys,

so here's the deal, I live in Switzerland and having a home-gym is not really "normal".

I'm thinking about starting the "squat and milk" programm for my upcomming bulk (after summer), and I've seen only one guy do squats in my gym since last september, so finding a spotter will be hard (not to say people often are jerks in gyms here).

I have a lot of trouble finding and power-rack or other spotters for a reasonable price (bench+bar+weights = 500$ here), so I was thinking about building my own spotters to squat/bench.
    The "best" solution if I were to buy something, would be to get powertec (or any other brand) to ship to Europe, which they don't.

Any help appreciated

Nutir
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***
    *** Scandinavian Misc Crew ***

"Everything you do, every single decision you make, either takes you a step closer or a step further from your goal. You either grow or you regress; nothing stands still."

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Hello; some people in gyms here are often jerks, as well! Does the rack in your gym not have safety bars you can place, to catch you if you miss a rep? Most do. Past that, If you want to build a home gym, I'd advise against trying to build something yourself, unless you're an accomplished frabricator, and welder. Some guys on this site have built wood racks, but I don't know if that's the right answer, either. Your best option, for a home gym, is find a local equipment supplier, or look for good used stuff. Hope this helps; good luck.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hey, thanks for the answer.

Right now I workout at my college gym, which is tiny.

The free weights section consists of: a preacher curl station with an EZ-bar, one FIXED bench for benchpress (can't even incline..), a couple of benches for db press, and one "squat station".
    The squat station is basically only the two things to hold the bar, and the bar itself. I use this bar to do my deadlifts and squats (when not risking anything), but it has no security.

Local equipement supplier = really expensive (and did not find a power-rack in any of the shop I went into)
    Used stuff, already checked the main online seller over here, nothing looking like what I want
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

"Everything you do, every single decision you make, either takes you a step closer or a step further from your goal. You either grow or you regress; nothing stands still."

HowardRoark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardRoark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardRoark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardRoark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardRoark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardRoark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardRoark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardRoark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardRoark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardRoark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardRoark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    example

Sagopa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sagopa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sagopa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sagopa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sagopa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sagopa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sagopa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can't u order at some German site? Most of those sites ship to other Europe country's. http://www.simpleproducts.de or http://www.megafitness-shop.de for example.

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    example

Use fatty as a spotter?

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I know what you mean you need something to squat and bench, mostly to hold the squat weight...Here are some DIY ideas. For the bench safety its easier to make something fixed and just raise up your bench or plan the height accordingly...otherwise youd need to drill a few holes to hold the 1" rods and build a different type shape.

Custom weld something like this for your squats and make do with the safety for the bench:

Take your life into you own hands, LOL, maybe it would work if you are realy extra careful in racking. I rack against the rail and slide down, here you couldnt do that.

Looks like welded scaffolding secured to the wall and floor:

Not a cage, just a squat rack, maybe you can mail-order one of these things, they dont cost as much as a full rack if you cant make anything yourself...
    Last edited by Accutron; 05-08-2008 at 06:27 PM.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #6 []---[]
    Rogue R3 Crew -[]--(ಠ_ಠ)--[]-

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

"Where the **** are we at?" -Christopher Columbus

Originally Posted by Sagopa View Post
    Can't u order at some German site? Most of those sites ship to other Europe country's. http://www.simpleproducts.de or http://www.megafitness-shop.de for example.
    Thanks, I'll check those out

Originally Posted by Accutron View Post
    I know what you mean you need something to squat and bench, mostly to hold the squat weight...Here are some DIY ideas. For the bench safety its easier to make something fixed and just raise up your bench or plan the height accordingly...otherwise youd need to drill a few holes to hold the 1" rods and build a different type shape.

Custom weld something like this for your squats and make do with the safety for the bench:

That's the kind of thing I was looking for.
    If I can't find anything, I'll try to build one
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***